Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,318 members, 7,819,079 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial (14634 Views)

A JEGA Must Go Protest Currently On Along Ikorodu Road Lagos / Jega-must-go Protest In Warri, Delta State [see Pictures] / We Must Conduct Elections As Scheduled By INEC- President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
#No Jega No ELECTION
#No Jega No ELECTION
#No Jega No ELECTION
Our destiny is ripe,this time wouln't be as usual.Shame to the enemies of Naija

2 Likes

Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by Gegz(m): 7:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
PassingShot:
I have said it severally on this forum that Jonathan's words mean NOTHING to him. He has proved to be a man that lacks honour and integrity. No sane Nigerian who does not benefit directly from his wanton stealing will believe or pretend to believe his words.

Gbagbo treatment awaits any foolish move the drunk attempts.

Those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

my favourite quote of the day. Thumbs up siir

3 Likes

Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by demandtruth: 7:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
The question i'll continue to ask the block-heads is:

The PVC so far distributed are they having APC inscription on them?

Soon the Tanoids will come here to compare the average numbers of collection between North ans South.
The thing is that majority of the Northerners are predominantly farmers thereby given them enough time to obtain their PVC.
While my SE brothers are busy at the market. The other thing is majority are less enthusiastic about this election from the SE compared to the North.

The fact of the matter is that PDP cannot win this election.

They will lose the SW by not less than 70% - 30%
This is the truth. Gani(of OPC) is just deceiving Jonathan just as the Afenifere (that includes Obi, Mimiko, Fasheun) i'm old enough to know who Afenifere are. Not these PDP members.

Jonathan will not win NC, too. Go write it down.
Even if he wins SE & SS by 98% he'll still not win this election.

Please, stop deceiving this man, Jonathan.
This is not 2011

This

year
of

G
M
B

4 Likes

Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by deletrue: 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
kheart:
Why is PDP scared of JEgA? Jona just boast yesterday dat no party can remove PDP from power
Jega noe be hausa? Abi you nor know what an hausa man go do to people from other regions? He will go. Nothing go save am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by Coolcash1: 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
At times I read comments of some people and I wonder why they've allowed sentiments, love of money and chronic tribalism to becloud their sense of judgement. Politics apart, when critical national issues are brought up for discussion I think we do ourselves good if we rise above our political affiliations and bias to give it proper attention, true OBJECTIVITY and Nationalistic interest it deserves.

From the editorial which should actually make any right thinking Nigerian to question government action rather what we see is people attacking themselves, brandishing their ignominy and gullibility darkened by a myopic sense of judgement thereby resulting into digression from the main issue.

Without disrespect to current government, the issue is why will a government that always preach in the open that every Nigerian vote must continue and need to build strong electoral process that guarantee free, fair and credible elections want a man like JEGA out. Here is a man that PDP, ACN, CPC, FG and the electorates praised him for the way he handled 2011 elections successfully. So, how come a section within the government and ruling party want him out. Definitely not at this time.

GEJ should not allow these marauders and political jobbers that surround him to cripple this country. JEGA needs all his support now regardless of what anyone or anybody might say to rubbish this man's good work.

God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by igbeke: 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2015
Clerverly:

Jonathan will be gbagboed and disgraced out of office robot!
Says who? Common shat -ap and get lost.
The same way u said he can't remove Sanusi. He did and nothing happened.
The same way u said he dare not postpone d election. He did and heaven didn't fall.
He will remove Jega if he chooses and nobody will do anything. Your best shot will be to hide behind d keyboard and rant as usual.
Whoever takes GEJ's meekness for weakness is a foool.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by Toktee(m): 8:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
SeverusSnape:
...And who said he wouldn't... Even though he doesn't, don't we have other competent men of integrity to carry out the exercise?, But this Jega guy can not be trusted, He's a snitch.
This man wanted to go ahead with the polls when millions of citizens have not received their PvCs, He has been compromised, In fact, he deserve to be fired! angry

go hang yourself,jonahdull,the clumsy one will be removed under the supervision of jega,the only thing a ddog like you can do,is to hang yourself.
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by SeverusSnape(m): 8:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
Toktee:
go hang yourself,jonahdull,the clumsy one will be removed under the supervision of jega,the only thing a ddog like you can do,is to hang yourself.
My friend the pig, long time no see. cheesy grin
You stink even from afar.

1 Like

Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by johnpalmer774(m): 8:26pm On Mar 03, 2015
JaaizTech:
INEC never refused millions their PVC, it was millions that ignored going to collect their PVC, I am part of those millions, I only collected my PVC after the extension and it was due to personal reasons I delayed it. I still saw thousands of PVC yet uncollected when I collected mine. So INEC is not totally culpable in that regard. Anyways that is a matter that has been put to rest, we now have about 80-90% PVC collection and asuch that is no longer an issue. But despite this number of collected PVCs, PDP & GEJ still want to scuttle the use of PVCs, that is what the whole removal of JEGA is about, the man is resolute about the use of PVC, and PDP would rather we use the TVC, for obvious reasons. We need to stop fooling ourselves, JEGA has no means whatsoever to rig out a President, the power He has is to put instruments in place that makes rigging more difficult or obvious (as in the case with the PVC).

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 likes for you.......With someone like u in this country Nigeria still get Hope.
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by ibktohmakesense: 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
the way apc are clamouring fr dis same man...is strange...seems they ve plan with d man. but looking at the other angle, mayb they re scared jona may bring in his own machinery to act as d chairman nd dis is no time to take risks. Jega ll go on leave ,because its in d constitution... nd its nw left fr d apc members that re doggedly interested in d change federal saga to keep up with what is going on in inec
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by wanimo: 8:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
After reading this long epistle, I realised that the OP is a biased observer. How come Jega is just about test running the PVC machines and card readers. How did he intend to conduct on Feb 14

1 Like

Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by babadee1(m): 9:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
deletrue:
Jega noe be hausa? Abi you nor know what an hausa man go do to people from other regions? He will go. Nothing go save am.

Who was the INEC chairman in 2011 when Jonathan won against Buhari. Was it not this same Jega?
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by datribune: 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hahahaha another Gbagbo in d making. d PDP is afraid of card-reader. Sorry dis time around, no room 4 rigging. Fire Jega & send d strongest evidence of ur intention to rig d elections. does cluelessness run in d PDP gene?.
[
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2015
SeverusSnape:
...And who said he wouldn't... Even though he doesn't, don't we have other competent men of integrity to carry out the exercise?, But this Jega guy can not be trusted, He's a snitch.
This man wanted to go ahead with the polls when millions of citizens have not received their PvCs, He has been compromised, In fact, he deserve to be fired! angry

even ediots and fools who do not understand english will like your post.
is jega a member of any party? then why would you call him a snitch? who is he snitching on?

1 Like

Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by SeverusSnape(m): 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
diluminati:

even ediots and fools who do not understand english will like your post.
is jega a member of any party? then why would you call him a snitch? who is he snitching on?
undecided undecided undecided
Tell that to them, not me.
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by ruffDiamond: 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
If im try am then na now im go no say he's nothing but a fucking puppet bloody civillian president aside his trademark cluelessness make im ask OBJ IBB AND ABACHA wey be military HOS he go learn fast u cant subvert the will of the people and go scott free VOX POPULI VOX DEI!!#CHANGE@LAST!!
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by RZQ3: 9:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
your stupidity is ineraseable. dunce!
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by Ahmeduana(m): 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
Clerverly:

Jonathan will be gbagboed and disgraced out of office robot!
JUST THE WAY UNA TALK SAY HEAVEN WILL FALL IF THEY SHOULD SHIFT THE ELECTION! UNHM?
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by carzim(m): 10:13pm On Mar 03, 2015
Why are people bothered with this election so much, whether with Jega or not GMB will still win because how will you convince an Hausa/Fulani man to vote for a bastard in lieu of his own son or a Yoruba man that does not benefit from this PDP govt to vote against their son to be no2 citizen. Think i. e 25states against 11states
1 President - SS
2 Vice President - NW
3 Senate president - NC
4 Speaker - NW
5 D.S President - SE
6 DSP - SE
7 Finance minister - SE
8 petroleum minister - SS
Works, Health, Aviation, Labour, Defence, Education,CBN,NNPC, NPA no South West in all this mention about and we about 15m eligible voters

1 Like

Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by smkgeovarni: 10:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
U know we still have illetrate pepole which don't know anything they only know how to eat useless people

Nigerian constitution didn't give any power to the fucking president in order to remove INEC Chairman Nigerians make u shine ur eyes

JEGA should remain in his Office till his tenure ended nomore rigging,, GEJ should thank JEGA for showing how election will be free and fair credible election not saying he 'll be sack unnecessary
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by smkgeovarni: 10:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
datribune:
Hahahaha another Gbagbo in d making. d PDP is afraid of card-reader. Sorry dis time around, no room 4 rigging. Fire Jega & send d strongest evidence of ur intention to rig d elections. does cluelessness run in d PDP gene?.
[

No no
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by chichriso: 10:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
Anyway GOODLUCK NIERIA TILL 2019

Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by Machine075: 11:29pm On Mar 03, 2015
Obsolete
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by ojosegun2011(m): 2:01am On Mar 04, 2015
Dreams of a dog! LollLlll!!!
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by prettyboi1(m): 2:30am On Mar 04, 2015
kingslly:
Dunno why they are Politicising this,Jega is not the only one that will go on his mandatory Terminal leave infact he is not the first and will not be the last . Jega should even count himself lucky because the FG didnt deem it fit to prosecute him at this sensitive period because the opposition would have politicised it like they are doing naw. Imagine Jega had 4years and every resources was made available to him to prepare for the next election but he culdnt deliver and when the FG understood what was happening and postponed elections he got angry and was channelling blames to the FG and the Service Chiefs. Every reasonable Nigerian is suppose to question Jega's integrity.

Going by what you're insinuating, didn't president Jonathan, his band of thief friends and PDP know this before they postponed the elections? Ordinarily, the elections were supposed to be held under Jega's tenure and then the useless federal government postponed elections and now they want to find a way to turn the elections out to their favour? The masses didn't do anything when the government used flimsy excuses to postpone the elections but I see that the government now takes the people for fools. How on earth does it make sense that a new person who assumes office as chairman of INEC in just 2 weeks to the elections would conduct credible elections? 2 weeks is even too short for any new person to get a proper orientation of what the job entails...talkess of conducting elections. They had better not changed Jega. Pres. Jonathan and his useless government should better not under-rate the power of the people....you ever heard of Ivory coast? You know what happened to their former president? Go on google friend.
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by prettyboi1(m): 2:38am On Mar 04, 2015
Coolcash1:
At times I read comments of some people and I wonder why they've allowed sentiments, love of money and chronic tribalism to becloud their sense of judgement. Politics apart, when critical national issues are brought up for discussion I think we do ourselves good if we rise above our political affiliations and bias to give it proper attention, true OBJECTIVITY and Nationalistic interest it deserves.

From the editorial which should actually make any right thinking Nigerian to question government action rather what we see is people attacking themselves, brandishing their ignominy and gullibility darkened by a myopic sense of judgement thereby resulting into digression from the main issue.

Without disrespect to current government, the issue is why will a government that always preach in the open that every Nigerian vote must continue and need to build strong electoral process that guarantee free, fair and credible elections want a man like JEGA out. Here is a man that PDP, ACN, CPC, FG and the electorates praised him for the way he handled 2011 elections successfully. So, how come a section within the government and ruling party want him out. Definitely not at this time.

GEJ should not allow these marauders and political jobbers that surround him to cripple this country. JEGA needs all his support now regardless of what anyone or anybody might say to rubbish this man's good work.

God bless Nigeria!

Perfect write-up.

God Bless Nigeria. Amen.
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by nortcentrallord(m): 3:35am On Mar 04, 2015
Toothless bulldogs backing. Jega finished his own career when he almost prvented millions of Nigerians from voting if he had conducted elections on february 14. An election he had four years to to plan.
Check out the distribution of pvc'z even, Borno state with all its civil unrest measures a high percentage of pvc collection than other southern states with stable security.
Southern Easter and North central state pvc's are found up North. What are they doing there?
He has abused his office and should resign honorably b4 he gets the booth.
The international community can only advice. Nigeria is a country on its own, no international community can attempt controlling the president. Nonsence.
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by nortcentrallord(m): 3:41am On Mar 04, 2015
prettyboi1:

Going by what you're insinuating, didn't president Jonathan, his band of thief friends and PDP know this before they postponed the elections? Ordinarily, the elections were supposed to be held under Jega's tenure and then the useless federal government postponed elections and now they want to find a way to turn the elections out to their favour? The masses didn't do anything when the government used flimsy excuses to postpone the elections but I see that the government now takes the people for fools. How on earth does it make sense that a new person who assumes office as chairman of INEC in just 2 weeks to the elections would conduct credible elections? 2 weeks is even too short for any new person to get a proper orientation of what the job entails...talkess of conducting elections. They had better not changed Jega. Pres. Jonathan and his useless government should better not under-rate the power of the people....you ever heard of Ivory coast? You know what happened to their former president? Go on google friend.

Am sure you are ready to stick out your neck.
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by nortcentrallord(m): 3:47am On Mar 04, 2015
SeverusSnape:

My friend the pig, long time no see. cheesy grin
You stink even from afar.

Hahahahaha, bross, u badt gonnn. Uppercut finisher. Hihihihih

1 Like

Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by folahann(m): 7:50am On Mar 04, 2015
As if it's not this same JEGA dat conducted the election between GEJ and Buhari in 2011. This people have smelt their failure.
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by Tonnierichy(m): 8:07am On Mar 04, 2015
Jonathan is on a time-bomb
Re: Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial by kingslly(m): 9:49am On Mar 04, 2015
The simple truth is that Jega was never ready for the election on the 14th of february but he was willing to go ahead with the election at the detriment of 23million nigerians who were yet to get their PV Cards.Dunno why Jega was in such a hurry to go on with the election even though INEC wasnt 100percent ready, so Comparing this case to the case of Gbagbo in Ivory Coast means you have no idea of what is really happening. For your info Jega is due for retirement and he's suppose to go on a mandatory terminal leave 3mnths to his retirement date like everyother Civil Servant or person appointed by the President.
prettyboi1:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salami Panel Report: Fear Grips Magu’s Boys / Governor Amaechi Awards Himself Lifetime Pension / Edo: Sheriff Issues Forms To Candidates For Fresh Edo PDP Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.