Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. (1876 Views)

Why Terrorism, Violent Crimes Thrive By Buhari / Sanusi: Why Terrorism May Be Difficult To Wipe Out / Tourism Investment Lingers In Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 11:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
I don't mean to say disparaging comments about the north, and I don't wish to paint the reputation of the north black in anyway.. I stay in a "semi-rural" area in the northeastern part of the country, and I have stayed here for quite a long time now even though I'm actually not a northerner.

Acts of terrorism Especially in the northeast is nothing new to Nigerians presently; many people have aired their views as to why terror continues to linger in the north: "Politicised military", Unequipped military", "political support" to mention a few..However there are two fundamental reasons i have that can not be overemphasized and can not be discarded as far as curbing insurgency is concerned in the country . Terrorism lingers in the north because;
(1) HUNGER: "Musa is a boy of 6, that wakes up early in the morning, washes his face and then picks his bowl to go begging. He has no one to present him with breakfast or at least bathe him. Musa has only a tattered shirt that is very dirty and one short that has an appalling tear in the buttocks. He goes begging from house to house, street to street, area to area under the scorching sun with no footwear,imagine! That's what Musa does everyday to fend for himself and mind you, he is not an orphan. His parents are rich farmers in the neighboring town, and Musa has come here to learn.".

The scenario I painted above is that of an average "Almajiri" boy in the north. This isn't hearsay, I see them everyday, the way they perambulate the town aimlessly with hungry stomachs, it is so inhumane. I begin to wonder if the suffering is part of the training process. Now tell me, if u were in the shoes of these children and a terrorist offers you #1000 that you probably have not seen before for u to just place a bag of explosives in a public place, wouldn't you quickly grab the opportunity?? Its the "hunger" that is the driving spirit. To undermine terrorism in the north we must consider this, I wish the "almajiri" system can be reviewed, yes! maybe expunge the "begging" part and their welfare standard escalated. Do these things even exists in places like Saudi Arabia or its just one of those things the black man begets for himself?? "Hunger"....

2) ILLITERACY: with the highest number of illiterates, the north has failed in terms of education.. I had a funny experience about a week ago: I gave a customer of mine his balance after a transaction and the new centenary #100 note was among the bunch of notes I gave him, u know what? He quickly rejected that note with no direct reason. Bokoharam took advantage of the illiteracy in the north to thrive. Its only in the north that you can ask an individual to kill and be sure of making heaven and the gullible fellow agrees happily. To curb terrorism, the govt of the north in unison must invest in education..

I wanna reiterate that I am dealing with common facts and not "hearsay".... These photos, I snapped them myself... The way of life of these kids is an eyesore. What other factors do u think have supported terrorism to thrive in the north?

Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Missy89(f): 11:32pm On Mar 03, 2015
How about the lack of adequate security that should be provided by the FED? or are u absolving the government from any blame?
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
In summary wifout fear or anytin islam is d problem. Islam is d cause, islam is d reason y d north is backward today! No bastard shld mention me lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
In summary wifout fear or anytin islam is d problem. Islam is d cause, islam is d reason y d north is backward today! No bastard shld mention me lipsrsealed
sad
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I never said that!! I only gave reasons
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 11:43pm On Mar 03, 2015
Missy89:
How about the lack of adequate security that should be provided by the FED? or are u absolving the government from any blame?
Have u been to the north b4 if its about security, Fg is trying, its just that the military was sabotaged b4
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Missy89(f): 11:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
Capableben:

Have u been to the north b4 if its about security, Fg is trying, its just that the military was sabotaged b4

How will you respond if i say the northern governors are trying to curb Illiteracy and poverty as well?
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 11:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
........More photos. Wat pains me most is that these children just wander about, from morning to evening o... It's so pitiful

Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
Capableben:
sad I never said that!! I only gave reasons
ma bro, u only hiding d truth. I guess ya scared of bashing, buh d truth nids to be told. Ya can link everytin to islam!

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Sall(m): 11:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
Not far from the reality or the truth understand all you said spent 25 years of my life in the north .how I wish gorvernment of the day could see it this way.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 03, 2015
Total nonsense!

Radicalization exponentially increases as you climb the social ladder in the north.

The average illiterate poor ab0ki is concerned with feeding. He or she is not ideologically motivated but rather joins in for economic gain.

This is why we have the likes of sanusi, buhari and abdulmutallab.

Are they poor?

I have a thread here where I detailed the stark differences of maitassine and boko haram. While maitassine fought the oligarchsand other muslims exclusively, boko haram on the other hand where created by the oligarchs to regain power.

Posting from crappy bb would have posted my article on northern radicalization which started in campuses within groups like the muslim student society

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 11:56pm On Mar 03, 2015
Missy89:

How will you respond if i say the northern governors are trying to curb Illiteracy and poverty as well?
embarassed with wat I have seen, I will simply say they should put more effort Missy
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 11:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
Sall:
Not far from the reality or the truth understand all you said spent 25 years of my life in the north .how I wish gorvernment of the day could see it this way.
Yea, their attention must be drawn!!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 04, 2015
Whatever that happens in North should please stay in North, you may say my post is callous and devil but the North have shown me that one could be a target for a crime I know nothing about.

When they kill people because of Cartoon drawn in Denmark and you see somebody killing them you expect me to go and stop the person.

When they kill people here because US invaded Iraq and I see disaster taking place and you expect me to pray for it to stop.

When they kill people because US invaded Afghanistan and your expecting to pray for them so that they will live and kill more people.

Let them be there, I have a friend in Kaduna though but I don't have more than 3friends in the whole North because I detest anything North

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 12:04am On Mar 04, 2015
This one hit me most, the boy was exhausted and just came and lay on the veranda of my business complex, helpless kid!!

Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Trut(m): 12:06am On Mar 04, 2015
OP you're on point.
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 12:07am On Mar 04, 2015
IgboMonk:
Whatever that happens in North should please stay in North, you may say my post is callous and devil but the North have shown me that one could be a target for a crime I know nothing about.

When they kill people because of Cartoon drawn in Denmark and you see somebody killing them you expect me to go and stop the person.

When they kill people here because US invaded Iraq and I see disaster taking place and you expect me to pray for it to stop.

When they kill people because US invaded Afghanistan and your expecting to pray for them so that they will live and kill more people.

Let them be there, I have a friend in Kaduna though but I don't have more than 3friends in the whole North because I detest anything North
Haha we are still one Nigeria , onye Igbo.
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Missy89(f): 12:09am On Mar 04, 2015
Capableben:
embarassed with wat I have seen, I will simply say they should put more effort Missy

Good advise. But i didnt see your topic asking the FED putting more effort. why is that? (Don't mention the fire brigade effort because of elections o)
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 12:10am On Mar 04, 2015
Trut:
OP you're on point.
thanks for understanding with me... The thing pains me a lot.. I once interviewed one of the boys clandestinely, he told me his daddy was well alive and rich.. That's how it all starts ooo, that's why the almajiri have been a major tool for the Bokoharam terrorists....
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 12:14am On Mar 04, 2015
Missy89:

Good advise. But i didnt see your topic asking the FED putting more effort. why is that? (Don't mention the fire brigade effort because of elections o)
My dear, it goes beyond FG's effort for education to develop in the north.. A lot of awareness has to be made. Not every parent is even willing to send their ward to school over here because they don't value education..... The bigger portion of the job is for the state governments of the north....
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Missy89(f): 12:17am On Mar 04, 2015
Capableben:

My dear, it goes beyond FG's effort for education to develop in the north.. A lot of awareness has to be made. Not every parent is even willing to send their ward to school over here because they don't value education..... The bigger portion of the job is for the state governments of the north....

I was talking about SECURITY. That is a FED jurisdiction but i get your point

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 12:20am On Mar 04, 2015
Missy89:

I was talking about SECURITY. That is a FED jurisdiction but i get your point
I answered that earlier, security has been beefed up so well in the north.. Soldiers almost everywhere..!!! Its becoming frustrating now...
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 12:27am On Mar 04, 2015
Mods pls I think this post deserves to be on FP, with its didactic nature there are many things we have to learn
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Trut(m): 12:28am On Mar 04, 2015
Missy89:

Must we blame the FG for everything? Security starts from you and me, if we the citizens cannot corporate with or support the security agencies by given the necessary information needed at the appropriate time, nothing the FG can do to stop insurgents.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by hkidola00(m): 1:21am On Mar 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
peace be unto you,am a proud muslim, u c wot u shud av understand is dat d war dat our prophet S.A.W fought was as a result of d kafirun dat were attacking him wen he was still trying to spread islam, dis disbelievers will throw d prophets son over d cliff of a mountain, the disbeliever pursued d prophet away so ALLAH ordered dat fight dem bak if dey attack uand d war has long been fought and it over since.. So according to d op second point which is illetracy,u shud understand dat d reason, sum av taken the quran verses as a total misrepresentation.......ok now saudi arabia is d head quarter of islam so y dnt we have religious war dere or dnt tell me u dnt know dere are christians dere,my mum went to hajj and she sed dere are churches dere...so therefore it lack of understanding dat is prevailing in the north.,.... And pls try nut to call any1 bastard... Peace be unto you
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Zuria(f): 1:30am On Mar 04, 2015
hkidola00:
peace be unto you,am a proud muslim, u c wot u shud av understand is dat d war dat our prophet S.A.W fought was as a result of d kafirun dat were attacking him wen he was still trying to spread islam, dis disbelievers will throw d prophets son over d cliff of a mountain, the disbeliever pursued d prophet away so ALLAH ordered dat fight dem bak if dey attack uand d war has long been fought and it over since.. So according to d op second point which is illetracy,u shud understand dat d reason, sum av taken the quran verses as a total misrepresentation.......ok now saudi arabia is d head quarter of islam so y dnt we have religious war dere or dnt tell me u dnt know dere are christians dere,my mum went to hajj and she sed dere are churches dere...so therefore it lack of understanding dat is prevailing in the north.,.... And pls try nut to call any1 bastard... Peace be unto you

Ask your mum again...there is no church in Saudi Arabia not even one...Salaam!!!
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by hkidola00(m): 1:39am On Mar 04, 2015
Zuria:

Ask your mum again...there is no church in Saudi Arabia not even one...Salaam!!!
well my religion doesnt endorse too much arguement,so y dnt u just google search it, tech made easy,so u will understand more.
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Zuria(f): 1:52am On Mar 04, 2015
hkidola00:
well my religion doesnt endorse too much arguement,so y dnt u just google search it, tech made easy,so u will understand more.

It's no argument, my brother ...there is no church in Saudi Arabia but can converge in personal houses to hold their "church", public display of the cross is not even permitted. Bibles are not held publicly and the Arabic version is not allowed. The Holy cities of Mecca & Medina are not opened to non-muslims cool cool

What we should be working on is showing non-muslims how peaceful we are so we are not profiled because of our religion. This can only be achieved when we get educated as the Prophet Muhammed S.A.W advised...Salaam cheesy
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Trut(m): 7:50am On Mar 04, 2015
hkidola00:

There is no church in Saudi Arabia
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 9:21am On Mar 04, 2015
Trut:

Must we blame the FG for everything? Security starts from you and me, if we the citizens cannot corporate with or support the security agencies by given the necessary information needed at the appropriate time, nothing the FG can do to stop insurgents.
......now, this guy understands where I'm heading to
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by mekaboy(m): 9:29am On Mar 04, 2015
I guess it is hunger and illiteracy that the terrorists shout when they attack. It is also hunger and illiteracy that caused ISIS, the same makes people from comfortable homes in Britain to go join them.

Stop bitting around the bush and point to the real cause.
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 6:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
Capableben:
Mods pls I think this post deserves to be on FP, with its didactic nature there are many things we have to learn
Re: Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. by Capableben(m): 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
Trut:

There is no church in Saudi Arabia
Why does terrorism continue to linger in the north?

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Woman Leader In Lagos Caught With Printed Ballot Papers (photo) / Breaking!!!!! Returning Officers Of NE States Are Detained / Newspaper Headlines Today July 19, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.