Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

'Fresh Air' Or 'Change' - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 'Fresh Air' Or 'Change' (642 Views)

Is It The ' No-change' Or ' Change ' Administration That Sets This Fire In 9ja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Fresh Air' Or 'Change' by EverestdeBliu(m): 1:53am On Mar 04, 2015
If u're conversant with the sunnyvale-Kabusa Road,you'd know how shiny one gets commuting that route on a bike or in a rickety kabu-kabu car.
Last week monday,from Suleja heading to Kabusa to catch an appointment. On alighting at Berger,I walked a lil to Berger gate and boarded an Area1 taxi,but got off @Games village roundabout that's situated just before Area1's,where I could easily get another Taxi heading West towards Galadimawa junction. I was selective cos I've heard of a 'one-chance' robbery case that was hatched on that road. Finally I got on one. Just before taking the roundabout's curve, was when the first Abuja shower felt d taxi and got its wipers to work,oh it seem the driver didn't bother to wipe the dots n trickles from his wind screen cos it was only a drizzle.
At Galadimawa roundabout, no keke(tricycle) to take me to sunnyvale junction as I was almost getting drenched.
"Kabusa - kabusa - kabusa",came an echo,lower than a shout.
I immediately dashed to the front seat,just to first save my head from the rain,and also to escape from the back seat congestion. In few minutes,three others got on the back seat and we took off. Few metres from Sunnyvale's gate,the driver wind up. Seated at the front with him,I thought he wanted to put on the AC,but Lo!,he didn't; he just locked up and continued the left-right turn with the wheel....
Re: 'Fresh Air' Or 'Change' by EverestdeBliu(m): 1:54am On Mar 04, 2015
"Oga abeg wind down small, its getting stuffy",I muttered but he didn't answer.
Few seconds later when I was almost gasping for air,I repeated my 'quest,and he still didn't make for the knob.
And almost breathlessly,I again raised my tone asking that he wind down but still no response and this time,other passengers added their voices as the car what utterly airless now,I don't know if the man is an alien who doesn't need air.
It was when I opened the door a bit,for FRESH AIR to come in,(though mindful of the passing bikes).
"Bros hollam like dat",other passengers supported.
"Other taxi dey kari 4-4 for back bot me I kari tiree,and una still dey complain"
"Oga na glass I sey mek u wind down,da wan na big deal?"
"I nor sey dust dey but wind am small mek breeze dey enta"
Wo!,he still didn't wind down and I held the door slightly ajar till we got to Kabusa.
He wind down when we climbed Kabusa tarred road n I in turn,jam d door.
Morale-To the driver,carrying 4passengers instead of five was enough CHANGE to deprive us from FRESH AIR,but we disagreed,knowing how essential air is.
Re: 'Fresh Air' Or 'Change' by praxisnetworks: 4:28am On Mar 04, 2015
cool Marching4Change

I'd rather dig a hole to hide my PVC than to vote GEJ!

Re: 'Fresh Air' Or 'Change' by EverestdeBliu(m): 6:41am On Mar 04, 2015
Lol,Marching to Daura abi?
Re: 'Fresh Air' Or 'Change' by EverestdeBliu(m): 6:45am On Mar 04, 2015
Lol @Praix,but my President is not that bad naw...well from here,even if Buhari emerges as the only presidential candidate vying for that seat,I'd rather burn my pvc than vote for him,(that's if I've got one).

(1) (Reply)

Miss Ololade Kayode Is Battling Chronic Life-thre-atening Kidney Ailment. / Hilarious Photo Of General Buhari & President Jonathan (see Photo) / 10 Useful Guides To Building Self-confidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.