Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? (4518 Views)

Truck Driver Rams Into Okada Rider In Onitsha, Kills Him On Spot (Graphic Pics) / Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa / Dangote Cement Truck In Onitsha Kills Several People (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Joshua8694(m): 3:24am On Mar 04, 2015
Does anyone here live in onitsha?
I am currently living in lagos but my parents said we would relocate to onitsha.
We are looking for a house to rent in onitsha.
If you live there, how does onitsha look like?
Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Badgers14: 3:53am On Mar 04, 2015
Born and raised in Onitsha. Onitsha is just like Lagos. Not sure what you want to know. Throw your questions let me see if can help. In your response answer this few questions, what part of Nigeria are you from, east west, north, have you been to Onitsha before? Are you or family into business or civil servants
Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Joshua8694(m): 7:27am On Mar 04, 2015
Badgers14:
Born and raised in Onitsha. Onitsha is just like Lagos. Not sure what you want to know. Throw your questions let me see if can help. In your response answer this few questions, what part of Nigeria are you from, east west, north, have you been to Onitsha before? Are you or family into business or civil servants
thanks. I am from the east,ANAMBRA. i have been to onitsha once for holiday, and my family is into business.
Are there jobs for undergraduates there?
Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
Joshua8694:
Does anyone here live in onitsha?
I am currently living in lagos but my parents said we would relocate to onitsha.
We are looking for a house to rent in onitsha.
If you live there, how does onitsha look like?

I was born and raised in Onitsha. I can help you with that.
Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Henix(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2015
Joshua8694:
thanks. I am from the east,ANAMBRA. i have been to onitsha once for holiday, and my family is into business.
Are there jobs for undergraduates there?
What kind of jobs do u have in lagos for undergraduates? While i await ur answer, Onitsha is basically a commercial city. The city lacks recreational facilities, resulting to poor night life. Asaba seems to be the nearest lively city, where one can hang out on weekends. Streets in Onitsha are dirty, no street light, no traffic light, buildings are old and tall. Onitsha shares some similarities with lagos. Nevertheless, there is security, rent is cheap. BTW, let ur dad looks for apartment at G.R.A., that is the only Serene environment in Onitsha, every other place is made of old tall buildings with poor streets.
Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Hembelembe: 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
I live in onitsha, Awada Obosi won't be a bad idea.
Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 20, 2015
Onitsha commercial city is very dirty. You can come and live at Ogidi, very close to Onitsha. The place is close to Building material International market Ogidi, where you have plenty of newly built 4 - 5 storey luxirous flats. That's where I live
Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Joshua8694(m): 10:26pm On Mar 21, 2015
Henix:
What kind of jobs do u have in lagos for undergraduates? While i await ur answer, Onitsha is basically a commercial city. The city lacks recreational facilities, resulting to poor night life. Asaba seems to be the nearest lively city, where one can hang out on weekends. Streets in Onitsha are dirty, no street light, no traffic light, buildings are old and tall. Onitsha shares some similarities with lagos. Nevertheless, there is security, rent is cheap. BTW, let ur dad looks for apartment at G.R.A., that is the only Serene environment in Onitsha, every other place is made of old tall buildings with poor streets.
your comment was really informing. Well, undergraduates in lagos work in company/factory, their salary is not good. But i really like lagos than onitsha.
Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Joshua8694(m): 10:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
Royal155:
Onitsha commercial city is very dirty. You can come and live at Ogidi, very close to Onitsha. The place is close to Building material International market Ogidi, where you have plenty of newly built 4 - 5 storey luxirous flats. That's where I live
thanks. do you have any idea of how much they charge for two bedroom flat?
Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 21, 2015
I live at omagba in onitsha. If you have a flare for business then onitsha is a nice place for such. peeps i am seeking for employment paid or unpaid. Umu nne help out.
Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 21, 2015
Joshua8694:

Within the range of 9 -12k. I don't live in flat. That's my town
Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 22, 2015
Joshua8694:

12k modern house
Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 8:33am On Mar 22, 2015
You are actually talking of Onitsha of 10-15yrs ago. Onitsha city is very clean and organized with good network of roads. The night life in the city has been re-ignited with improved security and streetlights adorning the city. Am sorry but Asaba is more or less a surburb of Onitsha. There are white collar corporate jobs in Onitsha because the city has the highest number of bank networks in the Southern Nigeria outside Lagos and PH.

[s]
Henix:
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 8:35am On Mar 22, 2015
Malls and 5 star hospitality facilities are springing up in the city. Onitsha mall and Raddison Blu. Both are nearing completion..

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 8:36am On Mar 22, 2015
Onitsha at night..and other night activities taking place.

The Las Vegas of Nigeria.. cool

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 8:42am On Mar 22, 2015
Infrastructural development in the city is massive..

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 8:47am On Mar 22, 2015
The city is growing into a mega city..

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 8:50am On Mar 22, 2015
Depending on where you can afford, these are some aerial views of some hood in Onitsha city..

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 8:52am On Mar 22, 2015
These are some inner hoods of the area..

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 8:55am On Mar 22, 2015
More from low density areas if you can afford it..

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 8:58am On Mar 22, 2015
Overlooking Trans-Nkisi hood..

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 9:01am On Mar 22, 2015
These are high density hoods with its usual highrise residential apartments. The rents are for low and some middle class..

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 9:04am On Mar 22, 2015
Onitsha has Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) with the regional headquaters of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the city. They are located in the Onitsha Business park below..

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 9:13am On Mar 22, 2015
The Onitsha main market is the biggest in West Africa fitted with security gadgets and cameras..

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 9:21am On Mar 22, 2015
Industrial revolution in Onitsha. Below is the second largest brewing company in the world- Sabmiller. Opened for business in Onitsha 3years ago.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 9:22am On Mar 22, 2015
The city is fast expanding..Julius Berger yard below!

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 9:35am On Mar 22, 2015
Onitsha has the foremost colleges east of the Niger that produced the likes of Obiano, Peter Obi, Pat Utomi, Late Justice Oputa, Achebe brothers etc. the Christ the King College- CKC, Dennis Memorial College- DMGS, Queen of Rosary College- QRC etc..these colleges are of of the same class and standard with Kings' college and Hope Wadell in Lagos and Calabar respectively..

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Schematics: 9:53am On Mar 22, 2015
More from the serene inner hoods..

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 22, 2015
Nice work@schemate

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Joshua8694(m): 11:32am On Mar 22, 2015
Schematics:
More from the serene inner hoods..
thanks bro. You are really helpful

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by AKINSULU: 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha? by Partnerbiz3: 8:37pm On Oct 19, 2017
Old memories.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian International Passport Now #45000 / WAKANOW Is A Big Scam!!!! / Nigeria Air, Aviation Unions And Matters Arising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.