Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion (41674 Views)

Nigeria’s $1 Billion Eurobond Oversubscribed By 7 Folds / Chinedu Echeruo Sells Hopstop.com To Apple For $1 Billion / Apple Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by fzero: 9:38am On Mar 04, 2015
Dyt:

Really?
Prove me right
Give me your email
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by pazienza(m): 9:38am On Mar 04, 2015
Hmm, a billion dollars? That's a big money. Heavens blessed his hustle. If luck isn't preparation meeting opportunity, then it doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by Dyt(f): 9:41am On Mar 04, 2015
fzero:

Give me your email

Fzero@yahoomail.dyt
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by tonychristopher: 9:42am On Mar 04, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
One of the reasons why Power supply should he boosted in this country. Power alone will go a long way in helping young brilliant youths make impact in this country.

IS IT THE YOUTHS THAT IS SOUTING SAI BUHARI EVERYDAY OR IS IT THE YOUTH THAT WILL WANT TO BE MUSICIAN OR IS IT THE YOUTH THAT WILL SIT HOME ALL DAY AND WAIT FOR ONE GOVERNMENT TO GIVE THEM STIPENDS.... MY DEAR IT IS NOT AN ISSUE OF POWER

LET ME TELL YOU

DURING BIAFRA WAR, THE EASTERN REGION WAS UNDER BOMBING BUT THERE WAS A LOT OF TECHNOLOGICAL MARVEL THAT MADE THE WORLD KNOW THAT THERE ARE SOME INTELLIGENT RACE IN AFRICA. SO LET US NOT BLAME IT ON LIGHT, ONCE THERE IS WILL THERE IS A WAY

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT WE DONT WANT TO WORK....LOOK AT INNOSSON TELL NIGERIAN TO BUY THE CAR, THEY WILL CALL IT IGBO MADE BUT PREFER TOYOTA. THE THING IS THAT SOME OF US ARE JUST TOO LAZY

BROTHER, PLEASE FORGET THE LIGHT
WE NEED TO CHANGE OF ORIENTATION

6 Likes

Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by crackhouse(m): 9:43am On Mar 04, 2015
If this guy were in Nigeria he would have probably ended up in one of the newspaper stands in Abuja or Lagos discussing politics every morning like Mr Akpan.

1 Like

Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by Blackkie: 9:56am On Mar 04, 2015
This guy is bigger than many soccar and music stars.
$1b = N189b
Are you seeing what am seeing?
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by Blackkie: 9:58am On Mar 04, 2015
tonychristopher:

IS IT THE YOUTHS THAT IS SOUTING SAI BUHARI EVERYDAY OR IS IT THE YOUTH THAT WILL WANT TO BE MUSICIAN OR IS IT THE YOUTH THAT WILL SIT HOME ALL DAY AND WAIT FOR ONE GOVERNMENT TO GIVE THEM STIPENDS.... MY DEAR IT IS NOT AN ISSUE OF POWER

LET ME TELL YOU

DURING BIAFRA WAR, THE EASTERN REGION WAS UNDER BOMBING BUT THERE WAS A LOT OF TECHNOLOGICAL MARVEL THAT MADE THE WORLD KNOW THAT THERE ARE SOME INTELLIGENT RACE IN AFRICA. SO LET US NOT BLAME IT ON LIGHT, ONCE THERE IS WILL THERE IS A WAY

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT WE DONT WANT TO WORK....LOOK AT INNOSSON TELL NIGERIAN TO BUY THE CAR, THEY WILL CALL IT IGBO MADE BUT PREFER TOYOTA. THE THING IS THAT SOME OF US ARE JUST TOO LAZY

BROTHER, PLEASE FORGET THE LIGHT
WE NEED TO CHANGE OF ORIENTATION

WE NEED TO CHANGE OF ORIENTATION - Nothing else!
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by GboyegaD(m): 10:01am On Mar 04, 2015
sam90s:

Nigerian are known to work hard wherever they get the opportunity, it is the government's inability to develop required institutions and infrastructures that torpedoes their efforts.

I agree and disagree with you to some extent. Religion has made some of us very lazy.
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by shineeye: 10:05am On Mar 04, 2015
That is self made billionaire..this is the kind of people that get a standing ovation from high profile people obama,bill clinton,bush,joachim gauck german president,francios hollande french president or nakasone president of japan...nothing like looting govt contract money or illegally acquired oil wells from IBB Abacha Abusallam Buhari OBJ and believe that you are billionaire and everybody should hail you it is not that simple
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by Chiman922(m): 10:08am On Mar 04, 2015
Making Nigeria proud.
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by fzero: 10:15am On Mar 04, 2015
Dyt:

Fzero@yahoomail.dyt
Nice email combo.. ok I will send u a pm wink
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by tk4rd: 10:17am On Mar 04, 2015
I know that I can make it... One day, e go happen.., gboozaaii..!!

1 Like

Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by EzeeYFB(m): 10:29am On Mar 04, 2015
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by tonychristopher: 10:49am On Mar 04, 2015
Blackkie:

WE NEED TO CHANGE OF ORIENTATION - Nothing else!

whose orientation will you change, is it those shouting sai buhari or those that want to be davido or those that call local made igbo made. it is pointless, what we need is for us to go our separate ways. how can you stay in a country with some people that hates education and civilization

my dear it has never worked since 1914 so it will not work

the best is for us to go our separate ways, that is what igbos have been saying...you cant change any orientation bro
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by DanjaNinja(m): 10:49am On Mar 04, 2015
[size=16pt]@bigfrancis21 Boss i greet u o! But please, the title of your thread is misleading and false. Yes, apple did buy Hopstop.com, but not for a billion dollars. Please re read the article thoroughly and correct this wrong information. In the article, it was mentioned that:

HopStop has oft been compared to Israel’s Waze which was recently acquired by Google for $1 billion.

Please note the use of "Hopstop has often been compared to Israel's Waze which was recently acquired by Google for $1 Billion". It was Waze and not Hopstop that was acquired for a billion dollars. I have confirmed this by checking hopstop's website as well as Hopstop's wikipedia page. There was no mention of the exact amount apple paid to acquire hopstop. Please take note. However, if you have information confirming the exact purchase price of Hopstop.com by apple, please dont hesitate dont post it here.

Thanks
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by amanze15(m): 10:51am On Mar 04, 2015
Am inspired smiley not some stupid stories making front-page
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by tonychristopher: 10:51am On Mar 04, 2015
DanjaNinja:
[size=16pt]@bigfrancis21 Boss i greet u o! But please, the title of your thread is misleading and false. Yes, apple did buy Hopstop.com, but not for a billion dollars. Please re read the article thoroughly and correct this wrong information. In the article, it was mentioned that:

Please note the use of "Hopstop has often been compared to Israel's Waze which was recently acquired by Google for $1 Billion". It was Waze and not Hopstop that was acquired for a billion dollars. I have confirmed this by checking hopstop's website as well as Hopstop's wikipedia page. There was no mention of the exact amount apple paid to acquire hopstop. Please take note. However, if you have information confirming the exact purchase price of Hopstop.com by apple, please dont hesitate dont post it here.

Thanks
[/size]

so the amount that it was bought is incnsequential what is imperative is that our own is been known thats all, but you made a valid point

smart dude
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by frank442: 10:54am On Mar 04, 2015
i am proud of you sky is your starting point
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by ocheejemb: 10:57am On Mar 04, 2015
This story is over a year old though
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by Rasheed02(m): 11:11am On Mar 04, 2015
Yoruba people talk say : Nnkan ti eye ba je ni eye maa gbe fo.Dude attended Havard Business school.should we expect anything less than mesmerising entrepreneurial skill from him? A cow milks more in a happy environment.Students in Nigerian Universities have got real talent including entrepreneurial know-how but there is no enabling environment.Let's keep pushing hard,some day we will get to our Social and political El-dorado.Congrats to the guy though for remaining consistent and keeping his head up.God bless Nigeria.
Vote wisely# Vote for change#
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by Weah96: 11:15am On Mar 04, 2015
patmaine:
one billion dollar. so why is his name not in d Forbes billionaire list

After taxes, more like $600 million. And the business already had pending liabilities. So he's pocketing a good percentage, not the whole thing. When Dr. Dre sold DreBEATS to Apple for $3 billion, he personally earned around $600 million from the deal.
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by taharqa: 11:33am On Mar 04, 2015
Wonderful news...
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by kabaka1: 11:35am On Mar 04, 2015
patmaine:
one billion dollar. so why is his name not in d Forbes billionaire list

Doesn't mean that he will keep all the money himself. His company has investors who will take a bulk of the money b4 this guys takes his cut plus he'll pay taxes to the US govt on that loot 2.
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 04, 2015
possibilities... welldone bro for 're-shaping' our image out there
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by kabaka1: 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
bigfrancis21:

http://www.atlnightspots.com/apple-buys-chinedu-echeruos-hopstop-com-for-a-1-billion/

Bigups to him. He's a great inspiration. But, I thought this deal was done like 2yrs ago?
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by ichommy(m): 12:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
Ride on bro. Would join you soon.
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by stephan001: 12:16pm On Mar 04, 2015
Dyt:
Awwww
My spec
Tall slim handsome dude
ha! Gold-digging strategist, go and sell your fairly used body in the village.
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by Orikinla(m): 12:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
[size=18pt]Good old news.[/size]
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by tartar9(m): 12:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
God bless Nigeria bla bla bla! if he was in Nigeria he will probably still be searching for job
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by Toks2008(m): 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
Dyt:
Awwww
My spec
Tall slim handsome dude

Youu forgot to add rich.

And if you say the money part iss inconsequential then you can hook up wwith an upwardly mobile guy like me cos I also have your spec lol.
Re: Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion by Toks2008(m): 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
tartar9:
God bless Nigeria bla bla bla! if he was in Nigeria he will probably still be searching for job

Very true bro or probably still hustling due to the non condusive and harsh socio economy factors.

Nigeria is one country that will nver do anytjing for you,will not also allow you do something for her and even yourself.

This is why many Nigerias make it big abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fear Of Boycott Grips South African Brands / Dangote Moves To Purchase 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia / Netflix Enters Nigeria, See The Winners And Losers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.