Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Meet Saheela Ibraheem, 19 Year Old Nigerian-american Student, Commended By Presi - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Saheela Ibraheem, 19 Year Old Nigerian-american Student, Commended By Presi (1168 Views)

Abiola, 21-Year-Old Nigerian Medical Doctor (Photos) / 19 Year Old Nigerian Harvard Student Recognized, Commended By Pres. Obama / Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Saheela Ibraheem, 19 Year Old Nigerian-american Student, Commended By Presi by chychyobbi(f): 7:02am On Mar 04, 2015
At a reception celebrating Black History Month, U.S. President, Barrack Obama met and commended Nigerian-American student, Saheela Ibraheem on her feat as she was named among the World’s 50 Smartest Teenagers.

She had the honor of introducing the President and First Lady Michelle Obama at the event. Below is a bit of what The Best Schools website had to say about the teenager.

At just 15 years old, Saheela Ibraheem was accepted into Harvard University, which makes her among the youngest students ever to attend that school. But that’s not the most impressive part, Saheela was accepted at 12 other colleges, including MIT, the University of Pennsylvania, Cornell, Brown, Princeton, Columbia, and the University of Chicago.

Saheela’s Nigerian parents, totally supportive of the young scholar, sometimes taught her subjects the schools didn’t offer. Saheela believes the key to success is knowing what you love to learn as early as possible, a knowledge she says she came to at age five.

“If you are passionate about what you do, and I am passionate about many things, especially math and science, it will work out well.” The teen is also interested in languages, and knows Yoruba, Arabic, Spanish, and Latin, in addition to English.

As for her own brain, Saheela claims she is nothing special. “I try my best in everything I do,” Saheela said. “Anyone who’s motivated can work wonders.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdZ_ubmHxAA

http://www.chichinwaafrica.com/2015/03/meet-saheela-ibraheem-19-year-old.html

1 Like

Re: Meet Saheela Ibraheem, 19 Year Old Nigerian-american Student, Commended By Presi by GboyegaD(m): 7:06am On Mar 04, 2015
This is the ideal definition of brain and beauty. I wish her greater achievements in life.

(1) (Reply)

Royal Maritime Academy / HND Will Soon Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology – JAMB Registrar / Solve This Question If You Are Genius

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.