Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,306 members, 7,815,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo (2569 Views)

EFCC Has Become Toothless Bull-dog, Says Obasanjo / I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki / Aisha Buhari: Why President-elect’s Wife May Not Be Nigeria’s Next First Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by soldierdollar(m): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-jfRH__RLD2I/VPa9pFhTtbI/AAAAAAAAAv0/4smo-nj1_oU/s1600/obj-buhari2.jpg[/img]

Former Nigerian President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has predicted that Maj. General Muhammadu Buhari will be elected on 28 March as Nigeria’s new president, to succeed incumbent, Goodluck Jonathan.

At the same time, he dismissed fears of any election annulment as it happened in 1993, under the Babangida administration, when the election of Moshood Kashimawo Abiola was annulled by the military junta.

Obasanjo spoke in Abeokuta, Ogun state yesterday, when he met a group that styles itself, Concerned Citizens of Nigeria.

According to the former Nigerian leader, there will never be a repeat of what happened in the country in 1993 after the Presidential election.'

Obasanjo declared that he has confidence in the All Progressives Congress,APC Presidential candidate, General Muhammed Buhari because he was a trained military officer.

The group called on the former President to intervene in the country’s looming political crisis before matters degenerate.

“We have come to express our deep concern over series of dangerous political miscalculations currently going on under Jonathan administration.

“We are afraid that crisis is seriously looming and it is like another June 12 crisis is on the way and it may be very tragic for the country. We want you to as a matter of urgency intervene into the matter before it is too late sir,” the group opined.

In his response,the former President allayed their anxieties, saying that the 2015 election will never be like the June 1993 election.

“You need not to worry about anything. There can never be any June 12 annulment again. Buhari is not Abiola, he is a trained and highly intelligent soldier.

“Oyegun is not Anenih, Osinbajo is not Kingibe. Jega is not Nwosu, Jonathan is not IBB and this time around, Obasanjo will not support any interim government.
“Obasanjo will rather support a free, fair and credible election.”

http://www.latestnaijabeats.com/2015/03/editorial-buhari-is-nigerias-next.html

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by orobs93(m): 9:34am On Mar 04, 2015
Ok. Please I am not against any body or individual. But I love my country and I am a person of truth...not because you are able to eat rice morning and eat eba and soup in the evening,and because you have a car dat you repair everyday or because you can on generator from 7 to 12am...and you open your mouth and say yes the government is working...my brethren you can eat 3square meal containing protein vitamins carbohydrate and other food nutrients,my brother you can have light for 24hrs without
interuption oh,my brother that your car with good roads your car can stay without any repairs..oh...my brother I say it is possible..our people are suffering..i knw it is all man for himself..but the truth is that some of us are really suffering...we need a good leader a good leader is what we need if we don't come together we can't achieve this good and corrupt free Nigeria we all crave for let us stop fighting ourselves and tell ourselves the truth...if we can all come together with one voice I don't see how they are going to defeat us...the vioce of the people is the voice of God..we cannot make another mistake I beg una even if you don't like urself atlist pity your next neigbor wey neva chop abeg...Amen Ishi Allah.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by bewla(m): 9:35am On Mar 04, 2015
By who u or God

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 04, 2015
Buhari can be elected President of Chattham House or Obasanjo farm. As for Aso Rock, No Vacancy.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by PassingShot(m): 9:40am On Mar 04, 2015
The world knows and Nigerians are ready to March4Buhari on the 28th of March.

Never again shall we be led by a kindergarten in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by SomebodyLovesMe: 9:42am On Mar 04, 2015
Yes, he is, God willing.
Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by macpetrus(m): 9:43am On Mar 04, 2015
Baba pls wake Up!!! This is 2015!!!
One man... One Vote!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by uzeba(m): 9:47am On Mar 04, 2015
There's no virgin in a maternity ward.
#if u knw wat i mean!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by Ttalk: 9:48am On Mar 04, 2015
We all know GMB will win the election with a landslide victory and no 1000 GEJ can stop him from being the president come May 29

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by Firefire(m): 9:49am On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
Buhari can be elected President of Chattham House or Obasanjo farm. As for Aso Rock, No Vacancy.

grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 04, 2015
Firefire:

grin
cheesy cheesy

Good morning Sir!
Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by lanicky(f): 9:57am On Mar 04, 2015
Obasanjo is not God.....he can only predict. cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 04, 2015
PassingShot:
The world knows and Nigerians are ready to March4Buhari on the 28th of March.

Never again shall we be led by a kindergarten in this country.
Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 04, 2015
lanicky:
Obasanjo is not God.....he can only predict. cool
the God that used obj to bring gej to power will still be the same God that will use obj to remove gej from power. Amen

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by phe44u(m): 10:10am On Mar 04, 2015
Future impossible tense
Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by lanicky(f): 10:10am On Mar 04, 2015
kastonkastrol:
the God that used obj to bring gej to power will still be the same God that will use obj to remove gej from power. Amen

Too late to pray. smiley
Don't worry there's hope for Buhari, Tinubu would share him some of the money he had stolen. #watch AIT documentary#
Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by Ttalk: 10:11am On Mar 04, 2015
kastonkastrol:

Amen

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by ellechrystal(f): 10:14am On Mar 04, 2015
Obj ain't God na,
If I were this man, I would keep mute n not come out to support anyone.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by austinekommbra: 10:20am On Mar 04, 2015
obasanjo is trying to be in the good record of buhari. just trying to redeemed his battered and incestrous image. if we are talking of curruption in nigeria everybody knows that OBJ is the grand patron of corruption. GUDLUCK is not a saint but he is far better than any president that has ruled nigeria before. obj is only of jealous Gudlucks achiement. imagine buhari and obj as freinds, that shows how desperate APC are.if they happen to win, tell me how they will bring the needed change when they are surrounded with questionable characters like obj?
Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by Safari29: 10:20am On Mar 04, 2015
Make we rush do small pool make dem fear small... oya

gmb like, gej share

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 04, 2015
lanicky:

Too late to pray. smiley
Don't worry there's hope for Buhari, Tinubu would share him some of the money he had stolen. #watch AIT documentary#
lol... Anyway you are still a little girl and probably don't understand Nigeria politics.. Btw I don't watch AIT/NTA because they feed gullible Nigerians like you with all sorts of _bullshits
Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by Baawaa(m): 10:23am On Mar 04, 2015
When I get to the top, I will not fall down in Jesus Name, Amen,Amen and Amen.
Jonathan,you got to the top and you fell down.
Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by saintopus(m): 10:32am On Mar 04, 2015
Looks like the Baba popularity is gradually spiraling down. This is evident by number of comment.
Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by Ttalk: 10:40am On Mar 04, 2015
All attempt by agents of saTANIST to thwart the wind of change that is blowing across the country has been exposed by the well meaning patriots and progressives in the person of Asiwaju Tinubu and co. All effort to make the Jagaban jettison the course and betray GMB by accepting a bait of Vice in the proposed interim government has equally fell like a pack of the card. No wonder PDP has embarked on a character smearing of Tinubu.

We know that a repeat of 1993 is not possible because;
Tinubu is not Anenih

GMB is not Abiola

Osinbajo is not Kindibe

Prof Jega is not Nwosu

GEJ is not IBB

And above all, Nigerians of 2015 are not the same as in 1993

Election must hold and the winner will be declared

Nothing more nothing less

GMB is our president come May 29
Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by bakila: 10:47am On Mar 04, 2015
Safari29:
Make we rush do small pool make dem fear small... oya

gmb like, gej share
Nigerians are waiting patiently till the 27th March, after which on the 28th they will eagerly go to the the Voting centres PVC providing swags to their feet to do what N2billion par state on top N21Bn cannot do.
So bros forget share and like, the thumbs are itching to vote like to your post on the ballot supported by PDP's nightmare PVC and card reader.
Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by ojaydedon(m): 11:15am On Mar 04, 2015
i laf in greek... No vacancy in aso rock... When will dey understand dat
Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by dexterinc2003: 11:28am On Mar 04, 2015
I smell front page..sai buhari
Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by Fornorth(m): 11:42am On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
beg ur pardon r u the owner of the Aso Rock?
Re: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo by Firefire(m): 11:57am On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
cheesy cheesy

Good morning Sir!

Oga good morning oooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Almajiris, The Misconception And Musa Kwankwaso / See How The Nigerian Army Is Transported To The Battlefield In 2015 / Fayose The New Yoruba Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.