Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria (55473 Views)

Scholarship For First And Second Degrees University Programs / 2019 Gis Training Programs You Need For Your Success! / 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by anwo247: 3:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
NaijaOptimist:
food science and mass comm. are good courses till date.

Seconded!

2 Likes

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by 0b1nna: 3:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
No course is a bad course. It depends on why you are studying it.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by hucienda: 3:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
Ranching... hucienda! cool
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Godfullsam(m): 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
Op who told you that food science and mass communication is not marketable in Nigeria .
I don't think you live on Nigeria undecided

2 Likes

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Karlebolu(m): 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
olas24u:
religion grin Na hunger go kill that person grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hunger ke? When Pastors, Alfas and Babalawos are now riding private jet.

Mscheeeeww! Stay there. undecided

1 Like

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by samco19: 3:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
space booked
next
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by lantres000(m): 3:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
Knotting your success to what you Read in school is so old School. I read this same Geography and employed Engineers with Masters degree... Moral of the story, keep your hustle right

3 Likes

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by olas24u(f): 3:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
Karlebolu:

Hunger ke? When Pastors, Alfas and Babalawos are now riding private jet.

Mscheeeeww! Stay there. undecided

so you have to study religion to do that
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by kay5922: 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
wilsondave:
dude I disagree with you on food science..... are you a university graduate..... if yes take it or leave it food science and technology is a very good course, in fact probability of getting job is high and u can also be self employed as a food scientist.... a food scientist can work in company listed bellow...

NBC Nigeria bottling company and
NB PLC
Nestle
Noodles company
eatery.... e.t.c
you can as well work in a milk company...

in fact when talking about food processing we talking about anything that enters into the oesophagus.....

You are very spot-on

2 Likes

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Kzinne: 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
this op is a joker. in the first place most organisations would simply require a good 2-1 from a reputable university. it means a 2-1 English grad from unilag would stand a beta chance than 2-1 law from university of ilorin. that's the truth. that's why you see guys with a b.a history or philosophy from university of oxford at Goldman sachs. the op is definitely not exposed andshud stop misinforming people. most times its not the course you study that matters but the university you graduate from and your grade
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
Mass communication nd food science are very good courses...seems you riding on a bicycle...

3 Likes

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by dollarlander: 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
I'm coming
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by kay5922: 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
Now "OFFICALLY" stalking you. I see you on almost all the thread

kennygee:
Archaeology is a no no.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
kennygee:

Archaeologists study past cultures by examining artifacts, objects made, used, or changed by humans. Have you ever found a penny on the ground? That is an artifact that was lost by someone. Years from now, that penny could be found by an archaeologist.

How that one fit put food for your belle for 9ja?
You seem to know a lot about the course, Nicecheesy.

You may not be far from. Nigeria is not a good place to study or practise Archaeology even though we have really rich, unique and peculiar cultures. I do not even think FG recognises archaeologists, which is so bad.

Lots of discoveries have been made in Nigeria, and I believe much more can be made if only the resources and trainings are available. Talk about the Dufuna canoe, Nok culture, Igbo Ukwu, Iwo-Eleru, Benin and Ife arts, and lots more.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by BarriaterGreen(m): 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
Bros all of una dey yan any how d guy wain bring dis trend don yan d truth abi na u go provide ur self employment letter after graduation think twice oooo na d fact dat guy yan if na for dis nija wain we dey possibility of getting job with these courses and numerous more na just 8% so make una just acept the fact because na d truth be dat
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by walecho(m): 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
Many of it is true sha
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
kay5922:
Now "OFFICALLY" stalking you. I see you on almost all the thread

It's not every day i'm this active.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
delightful1:

You seem to know a lot about the course, Nicecheesy.

You may not be far from. Nigeria is not a good place to study or practise Archaeology even though we have really rich, unique and peculiar cultures. I do not even think FG recognises archaeologists, which is so bad.

Lots of discoveries have been made in Nigeria, and I believe much more can be made if only the resources and trainings are available. Talk about the Dufuna canoe, Nok culture, Igbo Ukwu, Iwo-Eleru, Benin and Ife arts, and lots more.

But Nigerian's are not sentimental about things like that, it can only thrive in places like America.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by valuetide(m): 3:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
For Reverend gentlemen (tomorrow's Bishops and Arch Bishops) and Pastors - and you know how many of them we have in Nigeria today- Religious studies, History, Philosophy and Humanities are very relevant for them, they should spend money and time on them, I tell you.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by slymichael(m): 3:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
Not justifiable my oga. These r wonderful courses in naija
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by ClintonNzedimma(m): 3:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
All i see is crap, these kind of underratting is what kills our education system, OP is as clueless as GEJ

1 Like

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by sophtaf(f): 3:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
Ebi like sey smth dey worry u!
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by ifeoluwa232(f): 3:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
Mass comm is nt a gud course @ll I spent 3 year @hme jst 4 me 2 be admitted afta dat no job
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
Typical Nigerian giving typical Nigerian advice. Very myopic views and reasons. change your mindset and you will change your views

1 Like

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by phemiay(m): 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
I completely disagree with you on some courses

Ti-Kon Vehicle Tracking Device
http://www.josphatinfo.com/2015/03/ti-kon-vehicle-tracking-device.html
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by oshoke4real: 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
Courses done are not based on getting a job but rather creating ur own job which I believe some are very very interesting doing like food science, anthropology etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by tripleBgirl(f): 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
The Op is clueless. ..just wasted my time and mb mtcheeeeewww...
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by CHM11: 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
Food science Really?...think again bro, have you heard of Quality control and quality assurance, research and development in a food industry?..I think these people get good jobs and good pay too...

English Lit I disagree, as lame as the course sounds its one of the best course to study so far this our current Nigerian situation is concerned. The only easy job to get now in Nigeria is 'Teaching'... As an English Lit graduate, you might not make millions monthly, but you will definitely not be unemployed.
If you are even smart enough, you will be better than your unemployed counterparts civil or petroleum engineering. You can teach and work extra hours organizing tutorials for WASSCE/JAMB students and get paid well...
Most important thing in the end is you are employed, you don't beg and you make a decent income.

4 Likes

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by kay5922: 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
kennygee:

It's not every day i'm this active.

STALKING you still tongue tongue
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 04, 2015
Economics education
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Chinatownm(m): 3:40pm On Mar 04, 2015
dis op is clueless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna / Primary 3 Exam Question About Buhari & Jonathan: Unfair or Not? / Medical Students Write Exams In A.B.U Zaria This Way (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.