Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. (1353 Views)

Young Democratic Party's INEC Certificate And Vehicle / Court-backed Young Democratic Party(YDP) fixes Its Primaries For Mar 26th & 27th / Court Orders INEC To Register Young Democratic Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by unitysheart(m): 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2015
With about three weeks to the commencement of the 2015 general elections, a Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to immediately register the Young Democratic Party ‎as political party.

Justice Ahmed Mohammed made the order in his judgment on the suit filed by the party, challenging its denial of registration by INEC.

The judge held that YDP was deemed registered when INEC failed to inform the then political association‎ of its decision not to register it as a political party within 30 days of receiving its application, as required under Section 78 (4) of the Electoral Act, 2010‎.

INEC was said to have received the association’s application on April 1, 2014 but only notified the applicant of its decision not to register it on September 15, 2014.

http://www.punchng.com/news/court-orders-inec-to-register-young-democratic-party/

Young Democratic Party may come up with a story that they need appropriate time to field a candidate for the election and that their party name must be on the ballot papers.

1 Like

Re: Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 04, 2015
Pls enlighten me Mr OP,how can the judgement lead to the postponement of the general election?
Re: Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
Tunde Bakare pls remove that seat you placed on your alter as directed by God (according to you)

you were the very first to officially call for the postponement of the election by at-least 6 months. since then things are beginning to take different directions. pls beg God to forgive our leaders and let this nation move forward.
Re: Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by doctokwus: 2:49pm On Mar 04, 2015
aguiyi:
Tunde Bakare pls remove that seat you placed on your alter as directed by God (according to you)

you were the very first to officially call for the postponement of the election by at-least 6 months. since then things are beginning to take different directions. pls beg God to forgive our leaders and let this nation move forward.
Tunde Bakare is a bitter man with a lot of hate running through his veins. Just because he was dumped by Tinubu and his western acolytes in 2011 and was shown to have little electoral value via the results, he wants to pay them back by using any means he can to ensure that rather than Buhari/Osinbajo winning,d whole process is annulled.
Bakare with d little bit of Christian faith still in him knows GEJ is not d right man for d job,but his hatred of Tinubu for his actions seems to supercede his desire to do what is right by wholeheartedly supporting GMB. Its a shame that's d kind of people that populate d political scene.
@topic, there is nothing in d ruling that wud affect d timetable.
Re: Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by Candour(m): 2:57pm On Mar 04, 2015
doctokwus:

Tunde Bakare is a bitter man with a lot of hate running through his veins. Just because he was dumped by Tinubu and his western acolytes in 2011 and was shown to have little electoral value via the results, he wants to pay them back by using any means he can to ensure that rather than Buhari/Osinbajo winning,d whole process is annulled.
Bakare with d little bit of Christian faith still in him knows GEJ is not d right man for d job,but his hatred of Tinubu for his actions seems to supercede his desire to do what is right by wholeheartedly supporting GMB. Its a shame that's d kind of people that populate d political scene.

Don't be too sure my friend. The ydp can demand the opportunity to produce a presidential candidate and considering the fact that ballot papers have been printed already, inec would have no choice but to print ballot papers afresh which would need more time of course

Except the court can decide that their request is frivolous but how will a court deny a Nigerian the right to contest an election he's qualified to contest?

I'm no lawyer o so you can pls let me know if my thoughts on this matter are too pedestrian wink

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
doctokwus:

Tunde has a genuine reason to hate tinubu. is it not obvious that the APC camp is filled with self centered fellows rather than the true patriots we need at a time like this ?. how do you tell a man to resign a position he has not occupied, how do you prove that the present VP aspirant did not sign any such document. how do you then fold your arms and allow such level of self centered fellow to get a hold of power.

were is the Buhari we are even talking about , are most of the the Nigerian voters in London?. is there something we need to know cos for an aspirant to be out of lime light at a time like this speaks volume .

if you think there is nothing in this ruling that will affect the election then you better think again because more court pronouncement are coming in few days

1 Like

Re: Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
Candour:

Don't be too sure my friend. The ydp can demand the opportunity to produce a presidential candidate and considering the fact that ballot papers have been printed already, inec would have no choice but to print ballot papers afresh which would need more time of course

Except the court can decide that their request is frivolous but how will a court deny a Nigerian the right to contest an election he's qualified to contest?

I'm no lawyer o so you can pls let me know if my thoughts on this matter are too pedestrian wink

Cheers

the guys is just been biased, he is more informed than he is currently displaying on this topic.

1 Like

Re: Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by itetemi: 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
aguiyi:

Tunde has a genuine reason to hate tinubu. is it not obvious that the APC camp is filled with self centered fellows rather than the true patriots we need at a time like this ?. how do you tell a man to resign a position he has not occupied, how do you prove that the present VP aspirant did not sign any such document. how do you then fold your arms and allow such level of self centered fellow to get a hold of power.

were is the Buhari we are even talking about , are most of the the Nigerian voters in London?. is there something we need to know cos for an aspirant to be out of lime light at a time like this speaks volume .

if you think there is nothing in this ruling that will affect the election then you better think again because more court pronouncement are coming in few days

another fake gimmick by pdp
Re: Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by Candour(m): 3:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
aguiyi:

the guys is just been biased, he is more informed than he is currently displaying on this topic.

Well....but any honest observer will have to ask the question

Why did this case come up now? Were the promoters of ydp on holidays to mars since April 2014?

All I see is hand of Jacob, voice of Esau.
Re: Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
aguiyi:

Imagine the dude calling bakare a bitter man and eulogising Tinubu. This is the same person that shout change. My brother, I was amazed to read his trash. @Topic, let's hope YDP don't go to court to demand for postponement. Though they have genuine reason

1 Like

Re: Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by doctokwus: 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
Candour:

Cheers
Not @all.I do see your point.Also read another thread on d matter and am also beginning to feel this cud be another gimmick by d PDP to shift the polls.The belief is this,the new party may now insists INEC prints ballot papers with its name on it.But INEC has already printed,meaning if d order is to be complied with,new set have to be printed.So the govt can either not release funds to INEC,forcing an automatic shift, or it cud insist on ballot papers being printed in Nigeria, with d outcome very obvious!
Its really tricky.The way out is either INEC appeals or the ballot papers have trully not been printed (tall hope really)

1 Like

Re: Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by doctokwus: 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
aguiyi:

Believe me,tunde bakare is just bitter and filled with hate right now.Why has he distanced himself from d apc since he attended d national conference?
Buhari is safe and sound,conserving lean funds ad we were made to understand.
Re: Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by Ikwokrikwo: 3:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
doctokwus:

You make a lot of noise, just shut up.
Quack doctor

1 Like

Re: Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by Candour(m): 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
doctokwus:

Not @all.I do see your point.Also read another thread on d matter and am also beginning to feel this cud be another gimmick by d PDP to shift the polls.The belief is this,the new party may now insists INEC prints ballot papers with its name on it.But INEC has already printed,meaning if d order is to be complied with,new set have to be printed.So the govt can either not release funds to INEC,forcing an automatic shift, or it cud insist on ballot papers being printed in Nigeria, with d outcome very obvious!
Its really tricky.The way out is either INEC appeals or the ballot papers have trully not been printed (tall hope really)

I just wish this elections can be done and dispensed with so we can have our sanity back.

The country is going into recession but politics is not allowing those at the helm to give it much attention

1 Like

Re: Election May Be Postponed: Court Orders Young Democratic Party To Be Registered. by HzRF(m): 3:59pm On Mar 04, 2015
I don't think this should affect the timetable

(1) (Reply)

Ohanaeze’s Hawking Presidential Endorsement Like Pure Water / AIT Owner, Raymond Dokpesi Turned A Commander Using Soldiers To Terrorise Voters / President Jonathan Upset With Buhari's Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.