Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala (945 Views)

"Its A Ploy To Destroy Me Politically" Amaechi Replies Justice Ngwuta / Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard / President Jonathan Missed The Point On The Missing N30 Trillion - Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala by Sirniyeh(m): 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2015
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/177905-missing-n30-trillion-lawsuit-against-me-politically-motivated-says-okonjo-iweala.html

The Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-
Iweala, has lambasted a civil society
group, Socio-Economic Rights and
Accountability Project, for instituting a
lawsuit against her over the claim by a
former Central Bank governor,
Chukwuma Soludo, that Nigeria has lost
as much as N30 trillion to corruption
and mismanagement.

Apart from describing the suit as
spurious, the Minster said it was “the
latest in the campaign of falsehood and
politicization of the economy by
persons and groups who are getting
more desperate by the day, because the
economy, despite their propaganda, was
still standing and will continue to
stand”.

SERAP had instituted the case against
the Minister for “failure to provide
information about spending of the
alleged missing N30trillion”, which the
group said represented “some accruable
income to the Federal Government in
the past four years”.

The suit, filed at the Federal High Court,
Ikoyi, Lagos, followed a Freedom of
Information request by the civil society
group to the Minister dated February 2.
SERAP’s suit followed the disclosure by
Mr. Soludo in an article that over
N30trillion was missing, or stolen, or
unaccounted for, or simply mismanaged
under the minister’s watch.

As trustee of public funds, SERAP said
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala has a legal duty to
render account on the missing trillion to
the beneficiaries (Nigerians) of the trust,
if and when called upon to do so.
So far, the group noted, she has “failed,
refused and/or neglected to provide the
Plaintiff with the details of the
information requested”.

By virtue of Section 1(1) of the FOI Act
2011, the Plaintiff is entitled as of right
to request for, or gain access to
information which is in the custody or
possession of any public official,
agency or institution. By the provisions of Section 2(7)
and 31 of the FOI Act 2011, the Defendant is a public
official.”

But, the Minister in her reaction through a statement on
Tuesday by her spokesperson, Paul Nwabuikwu, said
the group had brought “a politically motivated suit”
against her “based on the discredited N30 trillion
allegation by Professor Charles Soludo”.
Characteristically, the minister’s statement was
unsparing of the civil society group with a heavy dose
of tongue lashing, saying the suit “confirms that SERAP
is nothing but a political tool of the opposition hiding
behind the façade of advocacy”.

“Like their previous efforts, this latest one will fail
because Nigerians can see through their antics. We look
forward to meeting SERAP in court,” the statement
declared.
Re: MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala by chimoskyg(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
This money is far too much to get missing na
Re: MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala by sammyj: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
Re: MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala by falconey(m): 4:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
chimoskyg:
dude is not raw cash is just some figures in the nation's account. Kai we need CHANGE!!!!

1 Like

Re: MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala by Sirniyeh(m): 4:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
chimoskyg:

The money was not stolen in a day and not by one person. You should know that well
Re: MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala by greaterlove(m): 4:21pm On Mar 04, 2015
Sirniyeh:

The money was not stolen in a day and not by one person. You should know that well
so how many years did it take us to loose about 7yrs budget?
Re: MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala by oluwadamilolah(f): 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
Maybe the money dissappeard on its own, since it has wings to fly grin
Re: MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala by Ogbodavies(m): 5:21pm On Mar 04, 2015
Gone with the wind..
Re: MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala by ishiamu(m): 5:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
We know

But

Gej till 2019
Re: MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala by danot1030: 6:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
Politically induced? She should go to the court and prove that claim. In this country when the pdps are called to account for stewardship they calls it politics.
Re: MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala by Obrigardo: 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
I hope this is going to be a hot case in court
Re: MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala by alaoeri: 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
Madam you don't need to lament just clear your already battered image.
Re: MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala by chimoskyg(m): 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=Sirniyeh post=31297325]

The money was not stolen in a day and not by one person. You should know that well [/quote

9ja money keep getting legs since 80s
Re: MISSING N30 TRILLION: Lawsuit Against Me Politically Induced - Okonjo Iweala by Sirniyeh(m): 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
alaoeri:
Madam you don't need to lament just clear your already battered image.

Lol

(1) (Reply)

He Huged Transformer And Still Survive(photo) / We Didn’t Meet With Fg’s Delegation – Chibok Parents / The Joy Of A Prudent Leader Is The Presence Of A Worthy Successor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.