Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN (1442 Views)

Patience And Goodluck Jonathan On A Date In New Jersey / Goodluck Jonathan On A Shopping Spree Abroad...photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by sarkinsauti: 4:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
In an interview with CNN, Nneka talked freely about music, her life, her favourite foods and her country, Nigeria. The statement, however, that is bound to get people's attention are her comments on President Goodluck Jonathan.

When asked on the postponement of the February elections, Nneka had this to say,

He [Goodluck Jonathan] says he wants to tackle Boko Haram, obviously every Nigerian is asking why now, he could had done it a long time ago...but I'm not good at the whole blaming game, I don't want to blame anybody but I pray that he comes up with a good idea for us if he is an honest and genuine guy. But I know that Fela [Kuti] would definitely not be cool with him, Seun [Kuti] is not cool with him, and many other musicians who are very outspoken are not cool with him. (CNN)

Nneka who is known for her politically charged songs also said that outspoken singers would not have a good relationship with the President.

Source: http://www.360nobs.com/2015/03/nneka-airs-her-views-on-president-jonathan-on-cnn/

1 Like

Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by orobs93(m): 4:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
Ok
Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by Chanchit: 4:16pm On Mar 04, 2015
I dnt understand her sef, is she against GEJ because she thinks Fela would be against him or what. Her commet on GEJ is confusing. But I knw she would never campaign for any politician like our Bros Sammie okposo.
Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by uzeba(m): 4:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
One spelling mistake can destroy a marriage!
A husband wrote a message to his wife on his official trip and forgot to add 'e' at the end of a word,
"I am having such a wonderful time!
Wish you were her !

4 Likes

Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by DaGC(m): 4:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
That's her opinion.

1 Like

Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by dominique(f): 4:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
She justs wants to sit on the fence. It's very clears that she doesn't want to dabble into Nigerian politics.

1 Like

Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by Seun(m): 4:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
What the OP said that she said is not very coherent. Please post video and I guarantee that what she said has been altered for political reasons.
Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by queensmith: 5:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
dominique:
She justs wants to sit on the fence. It's very clears that she doesn't want to dabble into Nigerian politics.

It's a wise move - but in solidarity with those suffering in Nigeria yet still finding some comfort in her music she should speak out (not necessarily be outspoken) against the current state of affairs.

Seun:
What the OP said that she said is not very coherent. Please post video and I guarantee that what she said has been altered for political reasons.

CNN altered her statements for political reasons? LOL! to what end?

1 Like

Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by BodyKiss(m): 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
In summary, she's saying that the president is clueless and doesn't know what he's doing. No sane person is impress with performance of the fisherman.

2 Likes

Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by joseph1832(m): 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hmm. Well any sane individual will not be smiling with Oga Jona!.

1 Like

Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by joseph1832(m): 5:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
Seun:
Are you saying they twisted her words.

Judging by the kind of songs she sings I won't doubt Nneka said that!.
Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by eaglechild: 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2015
She obviously does not want to get into the murky waters of Nigerian politics.
Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
She is just in a less obvious way trying to express her doubts in the genuineness of GEJ's intentions to in her words, "tackle Boko Haram" . Why is GEJ all of a sudden doing what he should have done long ago... is it now he woke up from sleep only to discover that hundreds have been killed, hundreds have been displaced, scores of boys and gals have become orphans virtually overnight all in the name of insurgency? Is it because he cares about Nigeria or is it because of the forthcoming elections. Which one comes first? The interest of over 150million Nigerians or staying in power after May 29th?
Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hmm
Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by Seun(m): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2015
queensmith:
CNN altered her statements for political reasons? LOL! to what end?
What the original source said that she said on CNN was incoherent, but the OP has changed the quote source, so it makes more sense now. I am very sensitive to how the truth is constantly twisted by Internet warriors. Even when they correct lies, those corrections also include lies. I'd still like to see the CNN video instead of relying on what 360nobs said that they saw her say on CNN, because blog sources can be funny.
Re: Nneka Airs Her Views On President Jonathan On CNN by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 05, 2015
Lyk seriously, i'm reasoning with the lady, Jonathan didn't tackle the boko haram issue since this years all because he knows the conquering of boko harams will be an advantage to him during the election period, something should have dealt with years ago....... SMH

keep calm and vote Buhari
#I_Have_Decided
GMB 2015

(1) (Reply)

Rotimi Amechi - I Regret Joining APC / What Is The Difference Between Prophecy And Prediction In Relation To Suleiman / Amaechi Family Of Ubima Of Rivers State To Be Declared Outcast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.