Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Why I Appointed Speaker As Acting Governor – Gov. Aliyu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Appointed Speaker As Acting Governor – Gov. Aliyu (688 Views)

Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up / Dongara, Gbajabiamila Nominated As Speaker As Voting Begins In House Of Reps / We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Appointed Speaker As Acting Governor – Gov. Aliyu by bugs2: 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
Niger state Governor, Dr. Muazu Babangida Aliyu, has explained that the appointment of the Speaker of the House of Assembly as the acting Governor when he travelled for the lesser Hajj was not to spite the Deputy Governor or his office but because he had received a letter intimating him that his deputy was also going for the lesser hajj.

He said he assumed the deputy governor also travelled out of the country as there was a notification letter to that effect.

The Governor, who stated this on Wednesday when he signed the 2015 appropriations bill into law, said the notification letter was the reason he asked the Speaker to serve as the acting Governor.

He said that since his deputy told him he was traveling out of the country at the same time he (the governor) was also traveling, it was constitutionally right to hand over the affairs of the state to the Speaker of the House of Assembly.

“The Speaker had to be the acting governor because my deputy governor was not in town for me to verify if he was traveling out of the country or not.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/03/why-i-appointed-speaker-as-acting-governor-gov-aliyu/
Re: Why I Appointed Speaker As Acting Governor – Gov. Aliyu by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:09pm On Mar 04, 2015
That 1 konsan Niger state people, wetin I know be sey...

GEJ till tinubu buys Oral-B
Re: Why I Appointed Speaker As Acting Governor – Gov. Aliyu by ozoigbondu: 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
Aliyu waa right after all if what he said is true then there it is constutional.He should also look into the case of kicking out ibeto from the government house and that impeachment plan though i know he has a hand in it.It will clear the already tensioned air in niger.

Head or tail PDP will win this brewing political fight between aliyu and ibeto
Re: Why I Appointed Speaker As Acting Governor – Gov. Aliyu by kasiem(m): 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2015
na una matter be that, wetin we wan hear from u na how u take deliver niger state for jonah
Re: Why I Appointed Speaker As Acting Governor – Gov. Aliyu by kestolove95(m): 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
kasiem:
na una matter be that, wetin we wan hear from u na how u take deliver niger state for jonah
aside from 1999...pdp has never. Won presidential election in. Niger.../o. Do ur research nd see...

(1) (Reply)

The 15 Most Miserable Economies In The World / Alliance For Democracy Adopts GEJ As Its Presidential Candidate / First Ever America's Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.