Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,830 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? (23286 Views)

Hope For A Graduate / Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) / As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by folahann(m): 11:34am On Mar 05, 2015
Depends on a lot of factors. Calculate your feeding and transportation cost per day multiplied by 30. If it's less than 35k manage it.
Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by sollex(m): 11:34am On Mar 05, 2015
Reject the offer and see how staying without job feels like. As far as you are going to get experiences on the job relevant to your career, I will suggest you go for the job and start maximising opportunies to move higher as they arise. Wish you all the best!

2 Likes

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 05, 2015
Every mighty move starts with one lil step.....
Ur future is bright bro

2 Likes

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by sunnshyn(f): 11:36am On Mar 05, 2015
Take it while you look for better opportunities and get whatever experience on this job while you can.

Staying home and job hunting isn't fun sometimes, the mind is a heavy tool, if not well guarded, frustration may set in.

Besides, the bible says we shouldn't neglect the days of humble beginnings. This is yours, how you accept it will determine and say a lot about you in future.

2 Likes

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 05, 2015
Do not despise days of little and humble beginning. If you are faithful in little, much more will be aadded to you..
Not body climbs a palm tree from the palm fronds..
Behind every biography there is a story..
Patiently endure your trial, if you pass the test, you will be promoted.
Joseph went from pit to prison to palace..
Here is a key to success.
A man who is diligent will stand before Kings and not before commoners. A man who is diligent will be a ruler, lazy bones will be slaves..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by lolaxavier(m): 11:37am On Mar 05, 2015
So sad...35k?
What can 35k monthly help in the life of an adult?
Anyway, if you think it is worth it, you may try it out. If it is just a stone throw from your residence, then you might consider it if you are too tired of staying indoor everyday.
I wish you well....

2 Likes

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by teddyflexz: 11:37am On Mar 05, 2015
No dnt gv it a try... Stay in ur house, and wait for mtn or shell 2 gv u a call

3 Likes

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by folabayo1(f): 11:39am On Mar 05, 2015
Half bread is berra dan none.
Thousands of ppl r still out there looking atleast 25k job to start wih
U berra accept it n work harder and also pray undecided

1 Like

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:45am On Mar 05, 2015
Mtchew... Start a blog and earn better money monthly from home, thank me later wink

1 Like

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by buJu234: 11:49am On Mar 05, 2015
please work to learn for the now not to earn..

because the skills u learn now are what will make u earn big as an experienced person..

Lastly its not a function of wat u earn but wat u can do with it wisely.
Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by criuze(m): 11:50am On Mar 05, 2015
Just press START cos 1 . There's something at month end 2 . There's T fare for other interviews 3. Starting small has never been bad 4. You' v decided to take off - OBI is OUT to be a MAN 5 . Job expererience too * Any which way na way

3 Likes

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 05, 2015
Not good at all,i'd rather go and be frying Yam and akara.
Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by anigbajumo(m): 11:53am On Mar 05, 2015
Chai a graduate? Upon all da stress u gonna pass 2ru @skul......which country is dis my God,35k...haba! Iz 2bad.....Bro u cn manage it sha..

1 Like

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by nairabetguru(m): 11:53am On Mar 05, 2015
orlaryhincah2:
Please I need your opinions? I got this offer and I want to know if I can give a trial, and if not how much can I request for? It's a data administrative post. Please help me with some advice thanks.

even those that bet on sports make more than that on a monthly basis wink

1 Like

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by anigbajumo(m): 11:53am On Mar 05, 2015
njays24:
Not good at all,i'd rather go and be frying Yam and akara.
I wonder oooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by hamwasy(m): 11:54am On Mar 05, 2015
For a start is good, it is better than eating and sleeping @ home everyday, half bread is better dan none.

1 Like

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 05, 2015
The parochial of an average employee seeking for employment opportunity anywhere is same as the mindset of an average Nigerian toward our country . We are always asking the wrong question .

@OP

The question you should be asking yourself is " what can I offer an employer that can make its business to grow better and bigger than I will be meeting it " . When you start to ask this kind of question and be proactive in implementing the correct answer , believe you me a start-up salary offered to you no matter how paltry it is , will soon be multiplied in multiple folds by the same company , in no distant time and you will equally be elevated to the echelon of such organization and be inducted in the board of the company - All these goodies can be made possible when you as an employee start to ask the right question and be proactive in implementing the correct answer .

In summary , I have to assume the company offered to you the stated salary because of its revenue . To own and operate a company is not an easy task . Cost of logistics and personnel alone is something else .

This same important question is also what every sincere and discerning Nigerian should be asking ; What can I do for my country to better its fortune in all ramifications . When we all start to ask this kind of question and answer it correctly and implement the answer holistically , our country will become a better nation everyone will be proud of .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 05, 2015
Ewu... u go school four years to collect 35k job.
Like seriously

Its better u just stay at home and eat rice.
Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by Franky9584(m): 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
My dear, its poor but wot can a poor graduate do in a country like ours. Start frm there first unless u hv an alternative

1 Like

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by nairabetguru(m): 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
JideTheBlogger:
Mtchew... Start a blog and earn better money monthly from home, thank me later wink

or even sports trading wink

2 Likes

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by Franky9584(m): 12:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
My dear, its poor but wot can a poor graduate do in a country like ours. Start frm there first unless u hv an alternative cos staying idle z bad
Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2015
Empero1:
The parochial of an average employee seeking for employment opportunity anywhere is same as the mindset of an average Nigerian toward our country . We are always asking the wrong question .

@OP

The question you should be asking yourself is " what can I offer an employer that can make its business to grow better and bigger than I will be meeting it " . When you start to ask this kind of question and be proactive in implementing the correct answer , believe you me a start-up salary offered to you no matter how paltry it is , will soon be multiplied in multiple folds by the same company , in no distant time and you will equally be elevated to the echelon of such organization and be inducted in the board of the company - All these goodies can be made possible when you as an employee start to ask the right question and be proactive in implementing the correct answer .

In summary , I have to assume the company offered to you the stated salary because of its revenue . To own and operate a company is not an easy task . Cost of logistics and personnel alone is something else .

This same important question is also what every sincere and discerning Nigerian should be asking ; What can I do for my country to better its fortune in all ramifications . When we all start to ask this kind of question and answer it correctly and implement the answer holistically , our country will become a better nation everyone will be proud of .

First: any company that offers 35k for starters is not worth it.
2nd: such company does not have room for growth.

I run a small company. The least earning person goes home with 40k per month and that is the driver.
Every year, he gets an allowance of 100k.

He does not even have a school cert.

Education is an investment. If after 4 years of school and the best you can do is a 35k job, then shame on you.

2 Likes

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by billyG(m): 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2015
That iz transformation 4 u.vote PD.Pigs 2 continue 2 transform yur life.
Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by youngdoctor(m): 12:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
That shall not despise yur days of little beginning
Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by ogawisdom(m): 12:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
u can reject it, i assure u that thousands of graduates even better qualified than u are willing to take it and b thankful cheesy, u sound like a fresher n needs to gain experience in job search lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
icebeatz:

First: any company that offers 35k for starters is not worth it.
2nd: such company does not have room for growth.

I run a small company. The least earning person goes home with 40k per month and that is the driver.
Every year, he gets an allowance of 100k.

He does not even have a school cert.

Education is an investment. If after 4 years of school and the best you can do is a 35k job, then shame on you.

Shame on you too . Talk is cheap . What's your company capital base ? What's your revenue ? How long have you been in this your imaginary business ? Sense of entitlement is the bane of growth in many families , companies and the nation at large .

People are not paid for what they know , rather they are paid for what they do with that they know .

4 Likes

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
hamwasy:
For a start is good, it is better than eating and sleeping @ home everyday, half bread is better dan none.

That is the mentality of graduates that keeps us under.
Graduates should shun any job that pays less than 80k.
Its better to sell akara and be your own boss than suffer lagos wahala for less than 80k.
God forbid bad thing.

2 Likes

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by liricyst(m): 12:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
If you have nothing doing...and if there's no hope of landing a bigger one in the next two months...then by all means accept it. Prospective employers are more impressed if you use your idle time working a small job
Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by bayulll01(m): 12:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
orlaryhincah2:
Please I need your opinions? I got this offer and I want to know if I can give a trial, and if not how much can I request for? It's a data administrative post. Please help me with some advice thanks.

Look let me advice you,if u got nothing doing now I will say give it a trail things can pop up from there,if it will pay ur bills and Tfare why not,that's the situation in nija

1 Like

Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by owomic: 12:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
All I will say is I've it a chance not a trial, start something n dnt let ppl c u as jobless. When I got my 1st job it was less than 20k but yet I persevere n today am smiling big. Take d job n pray for better doors to be opened. Wish u all d best
Re: Is 35k Pay Good For A Graduate? by unbrandedcosy(m): 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
35k I eat a day. Can't take it . Hustle bro. If u are a lady accept ,u can get more than that before month ends.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Sss 2016 Recruitment / Latest Fresh Graduate & Exp. Recruitment At KPMG Nigeria - 9th July, 2015 / Some Hidden Mistakes Job-seekers Make During Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.