Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Can Reading Too Much Make One Run Mad? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can Reading Too Much Make One Run Mad? (4836 Views)

Can One Run Masters In A Field And 1st Degree In Another Field At The Same Time? / Is There Anything Like Reading Too Much? / KSU Bike Man Caught Having Sex With Mad Woman (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Reading Too Much Make One Run Mad? by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 05, 2015
I've heard of people who ran mad because of too much reading. I've seen some roaming mad men always with books, reading and writing. There is one they told me can even solve chemistry perfectly!!

I was told that one of my classmate (primary school) nearly ran mad while reading hard to pass remedial studies.

From all i've written, i want to know, can reading too much (jakometerism) cause madness?
Re: Can Reading Too Much Make One Run Mad? by sparkleboy(m): 11:13am On Mar 05, 2015
grin moderation and intelligence is the key
Re: Can Reading Too Much Make One Run Mad? by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 06, 2015
sparkleboy:
grin moderation and intelligence is the key
thats true. But not in naija institutions o! You have to tripple or even fourple the hours you read grin
Re: Can Reading Too Much Make One Run Mad? by Joel3(m): 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2016
yes it can lead to mental complications. stressing the brain too much can easily warn out some cells or brain chemical problem
Re: Can Reading Too Much Make One Run Mad? by dreyposh: 1:08am On Jun 18, 2016
A man's brain contains over 14billion cells in it- If you aquirre the knowledge of this world from its very beggining to it present, there will still be room for more. That's the power in that God's gift to humanity called BRAIN. No man has ever used 1/4 of it. Reading never makes a man insane, but abuse of the brain can make a man insane- if a man keeps reading when the brain is signalling for a rest is an abuse of the brain. (Taking smokes, hard drugs and d likes too are forms of abusing the brain which can also lead to insanity)
You should know your learning/reading skill, this helps to identify when to rest. But you gotta be honest to yourself, so won't give room for laziness becos under-usage of the brain as well is an abuse of the brain which leads to ignorance, ignorance is highest form of insanity cos an ignorant man is not much better than a madman.

2 Likes

Re: Can Reading Too Much Make One Run Mad? by CanadianBigBoy(m): 2:28am On Jun 18, 2016
I've heard of people who ran mad because of too much reading. I've seen some roaming mad men always with books, reading and writing. There is one they told me can even solve chemistry perfectly!!

I was told that one of my classmate (primary school) nearly ran mad while reading hard to pass remedial studies.

From all i've written, i want to know, can reading too much (jakometerism) cause madness?

Absolutely not true. I cleared my WAEC with 8A1s and 1B2 in Further Math.

I graduated from UBC electrical engineering program with almost a perfect GPA, an equivalent of 3.98/4.00. I achieved a 4.0/4.0 in my MASc also in electrical engineering.

I scored a 750 on the GMAT at one sitting and now heading to the Wharton School of Business on an almost full scholarship.

Look, I read more than anyone I know. I studied very hard in high school in Nigeria and won gold medal at the national science olympiad in Abuja.

I studied even harder in college while partying even harder and graduated at the top of my class, breaking the university record as the highest GPA holder ever.

Yet, I'm not mad. If I'm not mad, then reading certainly doesn't make someone mad. I've read almost all popular books in the world and studied so freaking hard as a college student, while banging lotta girls in the process!

I'm living the global academic, intellectual, and financial dream homie!

You can too if you work harder!

2 Likes

Re: Can Reading Too Much Make One Run Mad? by Joel3(m): 8:13am On Jun 18, 2016
CanadianBigBoy:

Absolutely not true. I cleared my WAEC with 8A1s and 1B2 in Further Math.

I graduated from UBC electrical engineering program with almost a perfect GPA, an equivalent of 3.98/4.00. I achieved a 4.0/4.0 in my MASc also in electrical engineering.

I scored a 750 on the GMAT at one sitting and now heading to the Wharton School of Business on an almost full scholarship.

Look, I read more than anyone I know. I studied very hard in high school in Nigeria and won gold medal at the national science olympiad in Abuja.

I studied even harder in college while partying even harder and graduated at the top of my class, breaking the university record as the highest GPA holder ever.

Yet, I'm not mad. If I'm not mad, then reading certainly doesn't make someone mad. I've read almost all popular books in the world and studied so freaking hard as a college student, while banging lotta girls in the process!

I'm living the global academic, intellectual, and financial dream homie!

You can too if you work harder!
reading too much create more room for imaginations and thinking. you ask you brain questions and try to figure out the scene. and sometimes multitasking. remember everybody are not the same. there is a level in which every individual brain can handle stress and depressions. using the brain burns out serotonin. if you burns out serotonin more than the brains produce it can lead to madness. just lie the sperm in which one releases during organ takes many weeks to be replaced.

so as brain chemical. brains burns out many chemicals when over used. and it takes the brain roughly 6 months to 1 year to replaced each chemicals that it burns out.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News. FEDERAL UNIVERSITY DUTSE RELEASE CUT-OFF MARKS. / Good News : 2015/16 JAMB Admission Status Checking Portal / 5 Things Highly Intelligent People Do Differently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.