Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

What Is Wrong With This Prayer Point? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Wrong With This Prayer Point? (1235 Views)

Crossover 2016 Prayer Point And Scriptures / What Do U Think About This Prayer Point @ RCCG FLOODGATE Camp? / Chosen For Laughter. Sermon And Prayer Point By Pastor E A Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With This Prayer Point? by harlos: 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
"The heaven and earth that God did not create will not have power over you."

There have been arguments over this prayer point this morning among my neighbours.
One said he won't say Amen to the prayer because God created everything and there is no heaven elsewhere that God won't have created.
Another one argues that he will say Amen to it as long as it is a prayer.

But i don't see anything wrong with the prayer, i said it depends on how you interprete the english.
But what did i say this for?. This religious woman came and said prayers are not suppose to be twisted unless it has another meaning to it. It should be straight and direct.

Well i don't know about that and that is why i'm seeking for your contributions.

Is anything wrong with the prayer point? Will you say Amen?
Re: What Is Wrong With This Prayer Point? by delishpot: 7:46pm On Mar 05, 2015
To begin with, wetin that prayer mean sef?
Re: What Is Wrong With This Prayer Point? by Sanchez01: 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2015
Quite funny. Not every thing we mutter to God are worth calling prayers. Prayers are designed from our understand and it's known among all that God only created a heaven and an earth. Therefore, the in itself is wrong as it refers to some other heaven and earth created by God.

But then again, it could imply external forces; more like spiritual beings. But it's flawed again because God created ALL things, both good and evil. So, God has not created what is greater than Him and there can never be such a thing. This, I believe, explains why the prayer is wrong, for there is only one heaven and one earth.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Prayer Point? by harlos: 8:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
Sanchez01:
Quite funny. Not every thing we mutter to God are worth calling prayers. Prayers are designed from our understand and it's known among all that God only created a heaven and an earth. Therefore, the in itself is wrong as it refers to some other heaven and earth created by God.

But then again, it could imply external forces; more like spiritual beings. But it's flawed again because God created ALL things, both good and evil. So, God has not created what is greater than Him and there can never be such a thing. This, I believe, explains why the prayer is wrong, for there is only one heaven and one earth.
i understand your point that is why i said it depends on what we interprete it to be.
I actually interpreted it to be, what God is not involve in won't work against you.
Like any plan of the evil or any force against one
Re: What Is Wrong With This Prayer Point? by Sanchez01: 8:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
harlos:
i understand your point that is why i said it depends on what we interprete it to be.
I actually interpreted it to be, what God is not involve in won't work against you.
Like any plan of the evil or any force against one
God is always involved in the affairs of men. However, He does not force His help down our throats. He will step in if only we are willing to let Him come in and He will keep quiet if we think we're capable of rescuing ourselves. I still believe the prayer is wrong. There are better ways to communicate with God rather than speak in idioms/parables.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Prayer Point? by Pr0ton: 10:28pm On Mar 05, 2015
I only read the first sentence and I started laughing...

I'm still laughing... I'll be back

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With This Prayer Point? by harlos: 1:19pm On Mar 06, 2015
Sanchez01:

God is always involved in the affairs of men. However, He does not force His help down our throats. He will step in if only we are willing to let Him come in and He will keep quiet if we think we're capable of rescuing ourselves. I still believe the prayer is wrong. There are better ways to communicate with God rather than speak in idioms/parables.

uhmmm.... I get ur point.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Prayer Point? by harlos: 1:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
Pr0ton:
I only read the first sentence and I started laughing...

I'm still laughing... I'll be back
undecidedundecided
Re: What Is Wrong With This Prayer Point? by texanomaly(f): 4:18am On Mar 07, 2015
Huh? undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With This Prayer Point? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:37am On Mar 07, 2015
Confused bunch.
Asylum Institute.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Prayer Point? by Opiosko: 10:43am On Mar 07, 2015
Sanchez01:

Nothing wrong with that prayer and there is no better or best way to communicate with God. God understands all languages, idiom, parable, proverbs etc. That someone xpresd himself in a way i dnt like in a prayer to God does not make him or the prayer wrong. Prayer goes beyond mere words or our oratory skills. It comes from man's spirit. Bless u.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Prayer Point? by Opiosko: 10:45am On Mar 07, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
Confused bunch.
Asylum Institute.
Help is on the way for u sir.

(1) (Reply)

List Of CATHOLIC Churches In Your Area / God's Not Dead / Why General Overseer Of C & S Church Dumps Christianity For Islam, Converts Chur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.