Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,449 members, 7,843,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Meet The Oldest Man In The World, Misao Okawa; Celebrates 117 Years.. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Oldest Man In The World, Misao Okawa; Celebrates 117 Years.. (1422 Views)

Emperor Bolojay And His 117-Year-Old Grandmother (Photo) / See Photo Of The World’s Oldest Person Who Turned 117 Years Today / Odunlade Adekola With The Tallest Man In Lagos [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Oldest Man In The World, Misao Okawa; Celebrates 117 Years.. by sassysatino: 5:44am On Mar 06, 2015
The oldest woman in the world, Japan’s Misao Okawa, celebrated her birthday today, and the 117-year-old insists living this long is really no big deal. When asked about how she felt about reaching the milestone birthday, she simply said, “It seemed rather short,” but added she was “very happy.”

Okawa celebrated her birthday today early wearing a pink kimono at her nursing home and was presented with a bouquet of flowers. Okawa is one of the five documented people born in the 1800s who are still alive today (she was born in 1898).

Okawa’s predecessor was also Japanese. It’s estimated that Japan has around 58,000 centenarians — the highest of any country in the world. It’s no surprise as Okinawa, Japan is considered to be a “blue zone” where extreme longevity is quite common. It’s believed that their plant-based soy-rich diet — as well as exercise and plenty of sunshine — all contribute to residents’ long lives.

see another photo; http://www.blacksatino.com/2015/03/meet-oldest-man-in-world-misao-okawa.html

Re: Meet The Oldest Man In The World, Misao Okawa; Celebrates 117 Years.. by Redoil: 6:10am On Mar 06, 2015
We have such people in nigeria though not documented
Re: Meet The Oldest Man In The World, Misao Okawa; Celebrates 117 Years.. by qadeerkug(m): 6:20am On Mar 06, 2015
117yrs""my grandpa age em b dat now coz he dead@age of 145yrs
Re: Meet The Oldest Man In The World, Misao Okawa; Celebrates 117 Years.. by jossayo(m): 7:05am On Mar 06, 2015
Oldest man or woman
Re: Meet The Oldest Man In The World, Misao Okawa; Celebrates 117 Years.. by majamajic(m): 7:32am On Mar 06, 2015
qadeerkug:
117yrs""my grandpa age em b dat now coz he dead@age of 145yrs

u should be around 80 years now.
Re: Meet The Oldest Man In The World, Misao Okawa; Celebrates 117 Years.. by Yustash001(m): 7:49am On Mar 06, 2015
Oldest man in the world ke?...My great grandpa is now 140 and he's still alive...
Re: Meet The Oldest Man In The World, Misao Okawa; Celebrates 117 Years.. by qadeerkug(m): 10:49am On Mar 06, 2015
majamajic:

u should be around 80 years now.
eewwwww nah nah nah dude am 27yrs old grin
Re: Meet The Oldest Man In The World, Misao Okawa; Celebrates 117 Years.. by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 06, 2015
Redoil:
We have such people in nigeria though not documented

My line of thought and argument. Whoever recorded this should come to Nigeria, precisely East and west and see elderly men and women who don't even know their age.
Re: Meet The Oldest Man In The World, Misao Okawa; Celebrates 117 Years.. by Lakayanah: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2015
These advanced countries think the world revolves around them. America would call their national competitions world cup series. Have they come to African countries to see if we do not have older people than the ones they parade as the best, bravest, most brilliant etc. Lets start appreciating ourselves by doing proper documentation and calling ourselves the name we want the world to call us.
Re: Meet The Oldest Man In The World, Misao Okawa; Celebrates 117 Years.. by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 06, 2015
hmmmmm long life more man!! grin
Re: Meet The Oldest Man In The World, Misao Okawa; Celebrates 117 Years.. by OgologoDimkpa: 11:56am On Mar 06, 2015
Longevity is from God.
I covet his age embarassed
I will come to my grave at full age cos premature death is not my portion.
Amen!!!.

(1) (Reply)

Denrele To Wed Soon, Says His Wedding Suit Is Ready / “I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God” – Stephanie Rose / See How Wizkid Ends Beef With Davido [pictured]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.