Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,070 members, 7,956,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:05 AM

Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG (1633 Views)

CBN Warns Nigerians Against ‘MMM’ Wonder Bank / CBN Advises Nigerians Against Panic Withdrawals, Says Banks Are Not In Distress / Join The Success Team Of Mini Importers And Have Ur Own Success Story. Must See! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by niyiguy(m): 10:58am On Mar 06, 2015
The fight against exploitation began due to increment in price of subscription, it was recently announced by the South African Company, DSTV, that there is a change in price of subscription.

The new prices are as follows.

The new subscription fees taking effect from September 1 are:

Premium: 11,650 to 13980
Compact +; 7850 to 9420
Compact: 5,000 to 6,000
Family: 3,000 to 3,600
Access: 1,500 to 1,800
GOtv Plus: 1,500 to 1,800
GOtv: 1,000 to 1,200
Extra View: 1,800 to 2,160

The increment looks little but we Nigerians see this as exploitation which brought the Social Campaign against this increment, if our corrupt bodies in Nigeria set up to checkmate such activities in Nigeria and they refuse to carry out due process, we will take to Social Media is refute want we do not want.

The Social Campaign against the increment has been tagged as #BoycottDstvNG on Twitter, follow the trend, join the conversation to help stop this foreign from exploiting us in our country, we want to stop being second citizen in our country. We want to let them know we are first citizen of this nation.

They have to consult us as Nigerians, as citizens before any illegal changes.

Join the trend on Twitter, let put a stop to this extortions.

See what Nigerians are saying about the extortions and exploitation by DSTV.

See more tweet in the below link
http://www.sharegist.com/nigerians-dstv-exploitation-join-social-fight-now-boycottdstvng/

Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by mustwork: 11:13am On Mar 06, 2015
Moderator...Do the needful . This should make front page please. enough from DSTV RIP OFF
Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by webizone(m): 11:21am On Mar 06, 2015
Solution: no patronise dem... entrepreneurs, build ur own cheaper ones nah.

NA BY FORCE?!
Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by Nexxy007: 11:32am On Mar 06, 2015
i dont understand why they are the only one with the license in nigeria
Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by hopeforcharles(m): 11:33am On Mar 06, 2015
Front page enough of this bul*sh*t with dstv Boycottdstvng
The monopoly is way too much, they are killing indigenous digital brocasting company for their selfish gains, I have dumped their sorry ass along long while, you can't manipulate me for long, especially with their old flicks which they show. #BOYCOTTDSTVNG
Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by ekkywolex(m): 11:34am On Mar 06, 2015
We need another alternative with good content to DSTV
Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by hopeforcharles(m): 11:36am On Mar 06, 2015
webizone:
Solution: no patronise dem... entrepreneurs, build ur own cheaper ones nah.

NA BY FORCE?!
Aren't u sill*y for saying that? These I don't care attitude is what is killing Nigerians where since u are not affected to hell with what ever consequences forgetting that someday it will be you, why are other countries enjoying cheaper rates in data, calls, digital brocasting, and we are not, and opportunity has come for us to voice out and here u are saying na by force, look let's trend this thing so all will get to know, we are no zombie or dolos.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by ekiloui(f): 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
@Op the rates you posted are the previous rates which was increased some years back. The rates are now higher.

Meanwhile, the only solution to our problem will be to have a national cable system that has as much (if not more) content than dstv. As of now we don't have that and most of these other cables are poor quality. Alternatively, for now we can campaign against them just to get them to continue with the old rates.
Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by niyiguy(m): 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2015
Thanks, I have made corrections
ekiloui:
@Op the rates you posted are the previous rates which was increased some years back. The rates are now higher.

Meanwhile, the only solution to our problem will be to have a national cable system that has as much (if not more) content than dstv. As of now we don't have that and most of these other cables are poor quality. Alternatively, for now we can campaign against them just to get them to continue with the old rates.
Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by stagger: 9:21pm On Mar 06, 2015
For years, all I could watch was NTA and RSTV Channel 55 (later Channel 22). Nobody died then.

Now kids are exposed to all those ass shakers on DSTV. Must we watch it? Must we pay for Premium packages?

Hell no.
Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by tonytony208(m): 4:26am On Mar 07, 2015
hopeforcharles:
Front page enough of this bul*sh*t with dstv Boycottdstvng
The monopoly is way too much, they are killing indigenous digital brocasting company for their selfish gains, I have dumped their sorry ass along long while, you can't manipulate me for long, especially with their old flicks which they show. #BOYCOTTDSTVNG

what is your alternative?
Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by hopeforcharles(m): 5:22am On Mar 07, 2015
tonytony208:

what is your alternative?
U are asking for my alternative, okay I have installed two satellite dishes, Nile sat, and joy tv. And I am enjoying them,
That is a better alternative,
Meanwhile what we are talking about is the monopoly and lack of consideration from the part of Dstv, I was using gotv I had to give it out because I didn't see much there, let them do the right thing one wonders if S. Africa pays this same exorbitant fees we pay too?
Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by abhosts(m): 6:08am On Mar 07, 2015
DSTV is a Foreign company and not a Nigerian Entity. The Naira has lost about 30 percent of its value so an increase in prices should be expected.

Besides, the Rights for most of the content they air are paid in Dollars so it is unreasonable for Nigerians to expect prices to remain the same.
Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by naijasaints: 11:08am On Mar 07, 2015
DSTV is exploiting us cos GEJ cannot regulate them,GMB will regulate them.
Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by webizone(m): 10:49am On Mar 09, 2015
stagger:
For years, all I could watch was NTA and RSTV Channel 55 (later Channel 22). Nobody died then.

Now kids are exposed to all those ass shakers on DSTV. Must we watch it? Must we pay for Premium packages?

Hell no.

GBAM!
abhosts:
DSTV is a Foreign company and not a Nigerian Entity. The Naira has lost about 30 percent of its value so an increase in prices should be expected.
Besides, the Rights for most of the content they air are paid in Dollars so it is unreasonable for Nigerians to expect prices to remain the same.
abhosts:

GBAM! Fullstop.
Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by Kashif(m): 11:08am On Mar 09, 2015
abhosts:

In all fairness.....
Re: Nigerians Against DSTV Over Exploitation, Join The Social Fight: #BoycottDstvNG by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:55am On Mar 21, 2015

(1) (Reply)

extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed / Where Can I Get Carpets To Buy At Wholesale Price / We Buy Empty Waste Cartons In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.