Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,320 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Interview Questions And Answers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interview Questions And Answers (1039 Views)

16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers / 50 Interview Questions And Answers You Must Be Prepared For / Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interview Questions And Answers by donald1010(m): 3:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:

(Q1) Tell us abt urself?
Ans: In a concise two minutes reply by telling them ur name,family background, age, qualifications and work experience.

(Q2) What interest you most abt d job u applied for?
Ans: u're to explain d role d job plays in d department goals and wat interest u, e.g. I'm d one for d job bcus I like challenges, my background demonstrate excellent problem solving abilities & I always see a perfect through to finish.

(Q3) What are ur outstanding qualifies/strengths?
The question ask u to talk abt ur personality profile which includes reliability, honesty/integrity, pride,dedication and good listening skills etc. Tell them one thing that u do and fill fulfilled/happy when doing it.

(Q4) What do you think determines progress in a good company?
Ans: Ability to take rough with the smooths, adherence to company systems and proceedings and to have a manager who want you to grow..others includes; drive,motivation,good communication and interpersonal skills,determination,commitment,reliability, honest/integrity etc.

(Q5) What is ur idea of how industry works?
Ans; the role of a company is to make profit as quickly and efficiently as possible and in a manner that will encourage repeat business from the existing client base and outside vendors. Conclude by saying; it is every employees role to play as a team member in order to achieve those goals.

(Q6) Do you prefer working with others or alone?
This is to know whether u re a team player or not..plz choose that u prefer to work in a group.

(Q7) Why do want to leave ur current job? Or why did u leave ur latest job?
Ans: simply remember to use the six acceptable reasons from employment industry, which is abbreviated as CLAMPS.

C=Challenge; you weren't able to grow professionally in dt position.
L=Location; the distance was unreasonably long.
A=Advancement; there was nowhere for u to go,u had d talent,but there were too many people ahead of u.
M=Money; you were under paid for ur skills and contributions.
P=Pride/Prestige; you wanted to be with better company.
S=Security; the company was not stable.

(Q8a) What kind of people do u like to work with?
Ans: people who are honest,integrity,hardworking, ability to think fast and proffer solutions,people with pride and dedicated to their work.

(Q8b) What kind of people do u find it difficult to work with?
Ans; People who don't follow procedures or slackers- they are long on complaints, but short on solutions.

(Q9) What would u do when u have a decision to make and no procedure exist?
Ans; I would act without any managers direction only if the situations were urgent and my managers were not available, then I would take command of the solutions. make a decision based on the facts,and implement it. I would update my boss at easiest opportunity.

(Q10) What is ur staff strength?
Ans; you re to tell them the ability or the strength of staff u can possibly work with( like telling them how many staff or workers u have in ur present or previous company)

(Q11) Tell us something that is not included in ur CV ?
Ans: tell them something so special and spectacular about u, ur ambition and why u see urself deemed fit for any organization or environment u find urself in.

(Q12) What are ur salary expectations or how much would u like to earn?
Ans; u don't need to mention a figure to the employer to avoid instant elimination. You can give any of these responses; (a) whatever figure u have in mind for someone with my track record. (b) whatever range that has been authorized for this position, (c) whatever range that would be the salary of someone with my experience and skills, (d) I would expect a salary appropriate to my experience and ability to do the job successfully..or you can as well ask them, What range do you have in mind for me? Listen, If u ask for too much, the response u will get would be "Oh! Dear, i'm afraid,u re over qualified, or u will hear from us soon or later, or we will keep u in view..if u also decide to go lower, u re likely to be ruled out as lacking the appropriate experience, or they would say u don't know ur worth or value..the best is to allow the employer to determine ur salary..but if they insisted on u mentioning a figure, then say u would expect at least minimum of ur previous payment. Remember to add minimum, meaning it shouldn't go below..

(Q13) Do you have any question or questions?
Do not shy away rather ask responsible questions if u have any.

NOTE: Dress neatly, be punctual, do not sit unless u re told to do so, don't use MR/MISS/MRS in announcing ur name, do not apologize if u lack a particular skill,don't mention names of important people u know, always depart in the same polite and assured manner u entered, look at the interviewer in the eyes, put on a smile and shake hands if u like..
Then in the end, endeavor to acknowledge the company or the organization.

Thank you! I hope these goes a long way...

1 Like

Re: Interview Questions And Answers by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
Dis is really helpful, thnx a bunch
Re: Interview Questions And Answers by Evina(f): 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
Op, well done for the effort. However, after looking at your answers to questions 1 and 2, I had to stop to do a quick review.

To question 1: please don't make the mistake of giving your family background! No one is interested in knowing what position you hold or what village you are from. If they are, they will ask specifically. Stick to divulging professional information. That is, educational background and previous work experiences.

Question 2: how do you start saying you are the one for the job when you weren't asked if you are, in the first place? The question is: what interests you about the job, not why should we hire you?.

Answer: talk about what you enjoy about the role. E.g. I find this position really interesting because it provides opportunities to be innovative, to take initiative and to apply my problem solving skills.

1 Like

Re: Interview Questions And Answers by Niggmatic: 5:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
This is very helpful indeed.
Re: Interview Questions And Answers by flywheel(m): 6:13pm On Mar 06, 2015
Please if you are being asked the general question, what can you do? In an interview what would be the perfect response?
Re: Interview Questions And Answers by donald1010(m): 11:11pm On Mar 06, 2015
@flywheel, I can't comprehend you!
Re: Interview Questions And Answers by cecekim(f): 11:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
Tanx a lot @ op
Re: Interview Questions And Answers by IamK2I(m): 12:11am On Mar 07, 2015
Evina:
Op, well done for the effort. However, after looking at your answers to questions 1 and 2, I had to stop to do a quick review.

To question 1: please don't make the mistake of giving your family background! No one is interested in knowing what position you hold or what village you are from. If they are, they will ask specifically. Stick to divulging professional information. That is, educational background and previous work experiences.

Question 2: how do you start saying you are the one for the job when you weren't asked if you are, in the first place? The question is: what interests you about the job, not why should we hire you?.

Answer: talk about what you enjoy about the role. E.g. I find this position really interesting because it provides opportunities to be innovative, to take initiative and to apply my problem solving skills.

Good observation. Some of the answers are not necessary. In as much as you are answering questions, make sure you don't leave the reason for the interview- your potential job. Some questions may not be straight forward like this, which means you should be smart enough to decipher what the person(s) want. Don't forget you have to be bold and confident. Your responses to questions has up to 30% of your score (mostly oral interview). Congrats to the next employee!
Re: Interview Questions And Answers by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 07, 2015
Thanks so much for this wonderful piece. What if you are asked a question like "Are you romantic?" What would be your response
Re: Interview Questions And Answers by flywheel(m): 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
donald1010:
@flywheel, I can't comprehend you!
flywheel:
Please if you are being asked the general question, what can you do? In an interview what would be the perfect response?

(1) (Reply)

Ticket Desk Agent Job At Emirates / Jobs At Kampala International University (KIU) / Exciting Collection Of Several Job Vacancies - 13 July, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.