Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,749 members, 7,831,396 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Busted! Why Aliko Dangote Became The World’s Richest Black Person - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Busted! Why Aliko Dangote Became The World’s Richest Black Person (1391 Views)

Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President / How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa / Meet Aliko Dangote's Daughter, Halima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Busted! Why Aliko Dangote Became The World’s Richest Black Person by amsoslim(m): 1:20am On Mar 07, 2015
The name “Aliko Dangote” tends to evoke different reactions amongst Nigerians and foreigners. In fact, the name “Aliko Dangote” means different things to different people. Aliko Dangote is one of the few entrepreneurs I hold in high esteem; in fact, he’s my business mentor. Aside the companies he has built from scratch and the billions of dollars he has made; the entrepreneurial life of Aliko Dangote has been a source of inspiration to many youths in Nigeria. His business sense, strategies and advice has inspired thousands of Nigerian youths to be creative and think for themselves. I have been understudying this billionaire for quite some time now and I secretly aspire to be like him.he happens to be the richest black man in the world which automatically makes him the richest in africa. Many people know that Aliko Dangote is worth billions of dollars; but only few know how he made it. So rather than tell you the story of his rise to success and fame, I will share with you some exclusive and underlying reasons why Aliko Dangote emerged the richest black man in the world. If you are ready to learn his secrets, then keep reading.
Why Aliko Dangote became the Richest Black Person in the World
1. value creation: as a man of great prudence,He began as an importer of cement and made a lot of money back then but to him; it wasn’t just about the money, it’s about the value created. That was why his mission is “To provide your basic needs” and he has invested heavily in building cement factories nationwide just to fulfill this mission.These days, all we see and hear of are young millionaires and billionaires with companies valued at billions of dollars; but they have no solid assets and are yet to turn in a profit. I have also seen entrepreneurs that buy moribund companies and strip them of their assets; or they use these companies as leverage to raise funds but end up diverting the funds to other projects they have interest in, but not Dangote. Aliko Dangote has a number of successful companies in his portfolio that were once dead; he simply bought them and revitalized them. he was once asked what he wants to be remembered for; and he said: “I want to be remembered as Africa’s greatest industrialist.” He never said he wanted to be Africa’s richest man; rather, he aims to create more value. Do you know how many jobs will be created by Dangote if he pursues his quest to be Africa’s greatest industrialist? I leave you to do the math.

2. competence his watchword: as the saying goes practice what you preach.you would agree with me most entrepreneurs preach the need to focus; but only few practice what they preach. Aliko Dangote started out in business as a commodities trader; cement to be precise and 30+ years after, he still grinding it out as a cement merchant. He didn’t invest in tech, he didn’t invest in media and he never sojourned into active politics; he focused on his core competence, “commodities.” An industry he understands like the palm of his hand. Rather than divest his interest; he refines and innovates the mechanism of his businesses in this industry. All his other investments are simply vehicles to strengthen his core.

Re: Busted! Why Aliko Dangote Became The World’s Richest Black Person by dorocent(m): 1:21am On Mar 07, 2015
space book.
Re: Busted! Why Aliko Dangote Became The World’s Richest Black Person by Fabdedon(m): 1:36am On Mar 07, 2015
ok.. So what do you have to say abt Dangote hired killer truck?
Re: Busted! Why Aliko Dangote Became The World’s Richest Black Person by kilokeys(m): 1:38am On Mar 07, 2015
u forgot to include the Dantata's loan shey..
and the monopolistic advantage he got from d government and he was also a member of coucil to the nigerian stock exchange.. stock price manipulation and we wonder why d market crashed?

Aliko Dangote, at the age of 21 in 1977 was given virtually the same privileges he’s got today by the military government of you guess who, Obasanjo. Here was a boy, who knew nothing about business and with no formal education, purportedly understudying his uncle, Sanusi Dantata, given the exclusive right to import cement into the country on behalf of a government involved in a spate of capital projects in those days, made possible by petrodollar. Now, does it need a genius to note that anyone given such a privilege would become an instant billionaire?”

some mofos would still quote me and say i am beefing. naah, far from it. this info is free online. i just brought it forward.

we concur that he is a good businessman. we are just demystifying his wealth so u dont beat urself up.

if u had his opportunity, and u r frugal, u might as well be the richest black

3 Likes

Re: Busted! Why Aliko Dangote Became The World’s Richest Black Person by amsoslim(m): 2:17am On Mar 07, 2015
kilokeys:
u forgot to include the Dantata's loan shey..
and the monopolistic advantage he got from d government and he was also a member of coucil to the nigerian stock exchange.. stock price manipulation and we wonder why d market crashed?

Aliko Dangote, at the age of 21 in 1977 was given virtually the same privileges he’s got today by the military government of you guess who, Obasanjo. Here was a boy, who knew nothing about business and with no formal education, purportedly understudying his uncle, Sanusi Dantata, given the exclusive right to import cement into the country on behalf of a government involved in a spate of capital projects in those days, made possible by petrodollar. Now, does it need a genius to note that anyone given such a privilege would become an instant billionaire?”

I can bet my tooth that they are people out there if given such opportunity wouldn't make good use of it,who would use it to buy flashy cars and live a flamboyant life style. Yes he iis running a monopoly market cos got plans and had aspired for that bfr nw...c'mon u shuld knw as a realist opportunities lies in challenges,ones ability to succeed entails taking advantage of what people don't see as anything and converting it to something resourceful to meet the needs of people around you and mind you he did just that. If at the age of 21 he could.start up something meaning that has evolved to something this magnificent that africa and the world at large could celebrate him it then means that should act as a challenge to many out there including myself
Re: Busted! Why Aliko Dangote Became The World’s Richest Black Person by amsoslim(m): 2:22am On Mar 07, 2015
Fabdedon:
ok.. So what do you have to say abt Dangote hired killer truck?
what's ur prove abt d killer trucks? Y hating on some others prosperity?
Re: Busted! Why Aliko Dangote Became The World’s Richest Black Person by reaky(m): 4:40am On Mar 07, 2015
I will b back to comment
Kam ga hu nwayi oku na agba first wink
Re: Busted! Why Aliko Dangote Became The World’s Richest Black Person by fr3do(m): 5:29am On Mar 07, 2015
He is unpatriotic

(1) (Reply)

Two Week Training On Step By Step Importation Business Start Up / All Nigerian Banks To Commence Zero Cot - CBN / Powerful Technology Firms And How They Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.