Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:31 PM

Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) (5302 Views)

Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free / How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Ifeann(f): 4:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
YourMain:

Lol I completely disagree. Id like to think I'm a good person and I'm also a good muslim.

yourmain u know very well my view of ur behavior. I have complimented u on it .. I don't know much about how u practise ur version of islam but so far u have conducted yourself like someone I would like to know .. keep it up..

peace.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
Islam undecided a religion od piss!
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
justlove91:

Haha!
If you're truly a good person then I can emphatically tell you that you're not a good Muslim.
You don't know what being a good Muslim entails.

I'm sorry but that is a lie. I'd like to see how they clash please
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by justlove91(m): 5:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
YourMain:

I'm sorry but that is a lie. I'd like to see how they clash please
To be a good Muslim you must follow the koran in every way and follow Mohammed's version of "morality"
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
justlove91:

To be a good Muslim you must follow the koran in every way and follow Mohammed's version of "morality"

What's wrong with the moarals in the Quran
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ifeann:

yourmain u know very well my view of ur behavior. I have complimented u on it .. I don't know much about how u practise ur version of islam but so far u have conducted yourself like someone I would like to know .. keep it up..

peace.

Awhh thanks girl smiley
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Yes dear, we do not need religion to determine what is right from wrong, if one cannot distinguish between right from wrong, then that person lacks empathy not religion.

Morality is not christian neither is it islamic, morality is human it belongs to no ism. and does not depend for foundation upon the supernatural or any book or creed, because morality itself is a foundation..

No I think religion does help sometimes outline sound morals. I do agree that most people that Do bad lack empathy or are just evil. But sometimes it is a situation where they do not know better.

I think religion just outlines morals. Like your morals can be different from mine because of the difference expreiences we've had or our perspective of things. So religion comes into play when it says this is right and this is wrong.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by johnydon22(m): 6:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
YourMain:

No I think religion does help sometimes outline sound morals. I do agree that most people that Do bad lack empathy or are just evil. But sometimes it is a situation where they do not know better.

I think religion just outlines morals. Like your morals can be different from mine because of the difference expreiences we've had or our perspective of things. So religion comes into play when it says this is right and this is wrong.

Tell me do you need religion to know that murder is wrong?
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Tell me do you need religion to know that murder is wrong?

Personally I do not. Because of how I've grown up and the way I've lived my life.

But there are circumstances that will make someone think its okay. For example someone that lives in today's Syria. And has seen their mother and sister raped and murdered in cold blood, their father beaten to death, their neighbor burnt alive. Doesn't that skew their morals? If they choose to avenge, do they realise at that time that their morals are wrong?
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by johnydon22(m): 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
YourMain:

Personally I do not. Because of how I've grown up and the way I've lived my life.

But there are circumstances that will make someone think its okay. For example someone that lives in today's Syria. And has seen their mother and sister raped and murdered in cold blood, their father beaten to death, their neighbor burnt alive. Doesn't that skew their morals? If they choose to avenge, do they realise at that time that their morals are wrong?

Dear it was a simple question, Do you need religion to know murder is wrong and the bolded have answered that for me.

now another question [size=20] Jihadists think they are doing the will of God by killing infidels or christian crusaders in the dark ages thought they were doing the will of God by killing heretics, Do you think this is moral? [/size] Just a simple yes it is moral or No it is not is all i want..
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Dear it was a simple question, Do you need religion to know murder is wrong and the bolded have answered that.

now another question [size=20] Jihadists think they are doing the will of God by killing infidels or christian crusaders in the dark ages thought they were doing the will of God by killing heretics, Do you think this is moral? [/size]

Well others aren't me? Others have opinions outside mine

Jihad means to struggle. End of.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by johnydon22(m): 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
YourMain:

Sweety don't dodge the question... just tell me if the killing is moraly right or wrong?
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Sweety don't dodge the question... just tell me if the killing is moraly right or wrong?

Lol you're so silly. There are grey shades I've expanded to you. You cant just choose to ignore. If you're not willing to acknowledge the other facts I've explained to you please move on. Thank you.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
YourMain:

I won't say "struggle" defines jihad very well. Maybe a direct translation from arabic or so but I think they're 5 different types of Jihad in Islam.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Ifeann(f): 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
YourMain:

Jihad means to war against non-Muslims, and is etymologically derived from the word "mujahada", signifying warfare to establish the religion. And it is the lesser jihad.

As for the greater jihad, it is spiritual warfare against the lower self, (nafs), which is why the Prophet said as he was returning from jihad, "We have returned from the lesser jihad to the greater jihad."The scriptural basis for jihad, prior to scholarly consensus is such Koranic verses as:1) Fighting is prescribed for you (2:216)2) Slay them wherever you find them (4:89)3) Fight the idolaters utterly (9:36)and such Hadiths as the one related by Bukhari and Muslim that the Prophet said:"I have been commanded to fight people until they testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and perform the prayer, and pay zakat. If they say it, they have saved their blood and possessions from me, except for the rights of Islam over them. And their final reckoning is with Allah.

u need to understand something about Mohammed. His teachings can roughly be divided into 2 categories.
1. Warner Mohammed: he was just starting his religion in mecca.. he claimed to be a warner. Muslims were a tiny minority, they were persecuted alledgely. He gave a lot of friendly verses including, the often quoted " no complusion in religion verse" in an effort to win fellowers. He even gave the now famous satanic verses which he recited in an effort to win polytheists/ pagans as fellows. Muslims often quotes verses from this period of mohammeds life in form of al taqiyyah. Most moderate Muslim apologists do this.

Warrior Mohammed: this is the Mohammed we now know. He leaves mecca for Medina. His fellowership grows. He is now robbing caravans, raping women, taking slaves and beheading people. He claims Revelations are coming to him to slay polytheists and fight christains and Jews. etc..revelations keep coming at the whims of his desires..he takes and sleeps his adopted sons wife, he makes adoption illegal out of shame. He sleeps with baby aisha, he starts collecting sex slaves and having sex with them etc... Most extremist Muslims and Islamic fanatics appeal to these verses revealed during this point of his life.

Its a bit complicated because if u read the quran it is not arranged chronological. Its topic based but a timeline commentary of the events and verses will show this for a fact
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ifeann:

Jihad means to war against non-Muslims, and is etymologically derived from the word "mujahada", signifying warfare to establish the religion. And it is the lesser jihad.

As for the greater jihad, it is spiritual warfare against the lower self, (nafs), which is why the Prophet said as he was returning from jihad, "We have returned from the lesser jihad to the greater jihad."The scriptural basis for jihad, prior to scholarly consensus is such Koranic verses as:1) Fighting is prescribed for you (2:216)2) Slay them wherever you find them (4:89)3) Fight the idolaters utterly (9:36)and such Hadiths as the one related by Bukhari and Muslim that the Prophet said:"I have been commanded to fight people until they testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and perform the prayer, and pay zakat. If they say it, they have saved their blood and possessions from me, except for the rights of Islam over them. And their final reckoning is with Allah.

u need to understand something about Mohammed. His teachings can roughly be divided into 2 categories.
1. Warner Mohammed: he was just starting his religion in mecca.. he claimed to be a warner. Muslims were a tiny minority, they were persecuted alledgely. He gave a lot of friendly verses including, the often quoted " no complusion in religion verse" in an effort to win fellowers. He even gave the now famous satanic verses which he recited in an effort to win polytheists/ pagans as fellows. Muslims often quotes verses from this period of mohammeds life in form of al taqiyyah. Most moderate Muslim apologists do this.

Warrior Mohammed: this is the Mohammed we now know. He leaves mecca for Medina. His fellowership grows. He is now robbing caravans, raping women, taking slaves and beheading people. He claims Revelations are coming to him to slay polytheists and fight christains and Jews. etc..revelations keep coming at the whims of his desires..he takes and sleeps his adopted sons wife, he makes adoption illegal out of shame. He sleeps with baby aisha, he starts collecting sex slaves and having sex with them etc... Most extremist Muslims and Islamic fanatics appeal to these verses revealed during this point of his life.

Its a bit complicated because if u read the quran it is not arranged chronological. Its topic based but a timeline commentary of the events and verses will show this for a fact

Nope. Jihad means to struggle. Do you own a dictionary?
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
DProDG:

I won't say "struggle" defines jihad very well. Maybe a direct translation from arabic or so but I think they're 5 different types of Jihad in Islam.

Explain please.

Its really unfair that yous judge a whole group of people by those who choose to do bad.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Ifeann(f): 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
YourMain:

Nope. Jihad means to struggle. Do you own a dictionary?

I mean u no offense but when I want to learn english I get a dictionary and when I want to learn about islam I get my information from the quran and hadiths. Don't ask me questions u know the answer to.

1 Like

Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ifeann:

I mean u no offense but when I want to learn english I get a dictionary and when I want to learn about islam I get my information from the quran and hadiths. Don't ask me questions u know the answer to.

Not English love. Arabic. Jihad means to struggle. When you stop leading from hate sites and stop filling your heart with hate then we shall talk.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
YourMain:

Explain please.

Its really unfair that yous judge a whole group of people by those who choose to do bad.

Wow chill, don't jump to conclusions. I have nothing against muslims, never said I did. In a previous post I said you can't be a good person and a good muslim, ie follow the teachings of Islam verbatim, at the same time and I explained why. The thing is, these 'bad people' are ironically, most likely more devout(fundamentalists). Denying the fact that most of the actions follow certain teachings is the problem.

1 Like

Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
DProDG:

Wow chill, don't jump to conclusions. I have nothing against muslims, never said I did. In a previous post I said you can't be a good person and a good muslim, ie follow the teachings of Islam verbatim, at the same time and I explained why. The thing is, these 'bad people' are ironically, most likely more devout(fundamentalists). Denying the fact that most of the actions follow certain teachings is the problem.

Lol apologies. I'm so used to being on defence lately.

No I do not agree. Religion was created a long time ago. And it applied to a lot of the circumstances that were going on at the time and the country or the people. I'm not saying religion is archaic but we can still depend on its fundamental teachings today. Love thy neighbor as yourself. Give charity etc. If there was a huge war today then yeah... Kill. And when you need to protect. Protect.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Ifeann(f): 8:06pm On Mar 07, 2015
YourMain:

Not English love. Arabic. Jihad means to struggle. When you stop leading from hate sites and stop filling your heart with hate then we shall talk.

Your main I don't hate.. it's not good for u....I make it clear that I detest Islam. ..sometimes when I study some hadiths passages I actually want to throw up. .I kidd u not..

Perhaps I have studied islam more that many Muslims in nairaland. Also notice how I back up my narrative with verses as evident...

Now back to jihad... I have gone to this pro islamic propaganda site to give u their definition...the site belongs to the islamic supreme council
..remember such sites use al taqiyyah to promote islam...

http://islamicsupremecouncil.org/understanding-islam/legal-rulings/5-jihad-a-misunderstood-concept-from-islam.html?start=9

"The Arabic word "jihad" is often translated as "holy war," but in a purely linguistic sense, the word " jihad" means struggling or striving.
The arabic word for war is: "al-harb".
In a religious sense, as described by the Quran and teachings of the Prophet Muhammad (s), "jihad" has many meanings. It can refer to internal as well as external efforts to be a good Muslims or believer, as well as working to inform people about the faith of Islam. my comment : this is lesser or greater jihad
If military jihad is required to protect the faith against others, it can be performed using anything from legal, diplomatic and economic to political means. If there is no peaceful alternative, Islam also allows the use of force ... "END

This dudes tired their best to portray jihad as nice But I hope u can see how they agree with my earlier post..
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ifeann:

Your main I don't hate.. it's not good for u....I make it clear that I detest Islam. ..sometimes when I study some hadiths passages I actually want to throw up. .I kidd u not..

Perhaps I have studied islam more that many Muslims in nairaland. Also notice how I back up my narrative with verses as evident...

Now back to jihad... I have gone to this pro islamic propaganda site to give u their definition...the site belongs to the islamic supreme council
..remember such sites use al taqiyyah to promote islam...

http://islamicsupremecouncil.org/understanding-islam/legal-rulings/5-jihad-a-misunderstood-concept-from-islam.html?start=9

"The Arabic word "jihad" is often translated as "holy war," but in a purely linguistic sense, the word " jihad" means struggling or striving.
The arabic word for war is: "al-harb".
In a religious sense, as described by the Quran and teachings of the Prophet Muhammad (s), "jihad" has many meanings. It can refer to internal as well as external efforts to be a good Muslims or believer, as well as working to inform people about the faith of Islam. my comment : this is lesser or greater jihad
If military jihad is required to protect the faith against others, it can be performed using anything from legal, diplomatic and economic to political means. If there is no peaceful alternative, Islam also allows the use of force ... "END

This dudes tired their best to portray jihad as nice But I hope u can see how they agree with my earlier post..

Stop copying and pasting. I'm not reading an essay.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
YourMain:

Lol apologies. I'm so used to being on defence lately.

No I do not agree. Religion was created a long time ago. And it applied to a lot of the circumstances that were going on at the time and the country or the people. I'm not saying religion is archaic but we can still depend on its fundamental teachings today. Love thy neighbor as yourself. Give charity etc. If there was a huge war today then yeah... Kill. And when you need to protect. Protect.

Apparently, to some, this is the time of war. It all comes down to intepretation I guess. There are specific verses in the koran and bible that instruct people to stone adulterers and homosexuals. You most likely haven't done that shocked so I'll assume you either ignore it completely or inteprete it differently. Unfortunately, not everyone's the same.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
DProDG:

Apparently, to some, this is the time of war. It all comes down to intepretation I guess. There are specific verses in the koran and bible that instruct people to stone adulterers and homosexuals. You most likely haven't done that shocked so I'll assume you either ignore it completely or inteprete it differently. Unfortunately, not everyone's the same.

Lol nah one of my besties is gay grin. If that is sharia law, it doesn't instruct us to do so, but pious leaders of the Islamic nation. Also, not homosexuals, just those performing homosexual acts. Muhammad did protect a woman who was an adulteress.

That's when those some need morals. They claim to have religion but no morals. Then religion stands completely useless.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Ifeann(f): 9:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
YourMain:

Lol nah one of my besties is gay grin. If that is sharia law, it doesn't instruct us to do so, but pious leaders of the Islamic nation. Also, not homosexuals, just those performing homosexual acts. Muhammad did protect a woman who was an adulteress.

That's when those some need morals. They claim to have religion but no morals. Then religion stands completely useless.

Please where is the passage in the quran of Mohammed protecting an adultress..
Also bear in mind that he revived stonings which was dying out from Jewish practise and not practised by christains nor even the pagans during his time.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 07, 2015
YourMain:

Well it's great you've got your morals incheck. I understand why a lot of moderates are 'on defence' but just remember only dumb people make generalizations. I don't agree with the doctrines of Islam, doesn't mean I'll be judgemental/intolerant.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
DProDG:

Well it's great you've got your morals incheck. I understand why a lot of moderates are 'on defence' but just remember only dumb people make generalizations. I don't agree with the doctrines of Islam, doesn't mean I'll be judgemental/intolerant.

I admire that. It's nice smiley thank you.

Are you Christian, atheist or deist?
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 07, 2015
YourMain:

I admire that. It's nice smiley thank you.

Are you Christian, atheist or deist?

I'm an atheist with an interest in religion. Not spirituality though, just the history and philosophy. Perharps a religious atheist? undecided
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
DProDG:

I'm an atheist with an interest in religion. Not spirituality though, just the history and philosophy. Perharps a religious atheist? undecided

shocked my boyfriend is the same. Do you believe in God tho. Like do you think he exists?

What were you beforehand.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 08, 2015
YourMain:

shocked my boyfriend is the same. Do you believe in God tho. Like do you think he exists?

What were you beforehand.

I don't believe in God(s), that's why I identify as an atheist. I just have interest in religious topics(not preaching though). Most of my family is Christian(catholic) but not devout so it wasn't hard for me to give up religion.
Re: Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 08, 2015
DProDG:

I don't believe in God(s), that's why I identify as an atheist. I just have interest in religious topics(not preaching though). Most of my family is Christian(catholic) but not devout so it wasn't hard for me to give up religion.

Oh I see. Well that's cool. Good for you smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. / Sex Is A Spiritual Affair: Unlawful Sex Is A Destiny Killer / The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.