Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,966 members, 7,825,022 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain (69308 Views)

Photos Of Nigerian Masquerade Spotted In Spain / Sad! See This Instagram Page Insulting Black Men / Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by MarieSucre(f): 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
xage:

Yagba East,as for the research,you havnt mentioned how much you've got
Go back to the origin of this question line. I commented on the moors and also how the Europeans have also being ahead of us in so many aspects. And YOU quoted me. YOUR quote did not provide any counter point but resorted to ad hominems. That is when I asked YOU to provide evidence for YOUR claims. Now pks do the needful and provide the evidence. Otan!
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by xage(m): 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
MarieSucre:
Go back to the origin of this question line. I commented on the moors and also how the Europeans have also being ahead of us in so many aspects. And YOU quoted me. YOUR quote did not provide any counter point but resorted to ad hominems. That is when I asked YOU to provide evidence for YOUR claims. Now pks do the needful and provide the evidence. Otan!

Your plea of ignorance has found a cure, i have finally considered you frank and will do justice to your request so that you may heal many others out there who might be equally uninformed, which i consider unfair in this generation of free access to internet.

Now, i repeat again, Islam is the beginning of civilization, below are some documented evidences as confirmed even by an Islam hating channel CNN.
I indulge you to seat back as take you on this convincing journey, that Islam is indeed the beginning of civilization.

If you had waited for me this long to do this research for you, then, how am i damn sure you know what civilization is? this is why i will steal a moment to define what civilization means in a generous context. Civilization is a height of human social,economics, cultural and organizational development of a particular age or time.

MarieSucre, could you think of top factors to consider while scrutinizing human development? i'm pretty sure education,science,mathematics, food,music and health would be inclusive on your dear list.

You might as well find my text as lengthy and burdensome, this is why i will provide you with a visual youtube link as substitute to my theoritical write-up dug from verified sources.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXuSNdlJOCw

please thank me later, or better still accord me a little respect for once

BI-ISIMILAH,

Think of the origins of that staple of modern life, the cup of coffee, and Italy often springs to mind.But in fact, Yemen is where the ubiquitous brew has its true origins.

Along with the first university, and even the toothbrush, it is among surprising Muslim inventions that have shaped the world we live in today.

The origins of these fundamental ideas and objects -- the basis of everything from the bicycle to musical scales -- are the focus of "1001 Inventions," a book celebrating "the forgotten" history of 1,000 years of Muslim heritage.

"There's a hole in our knowledge, we leap frog from the Renaissance to the Greeks," professor Salim al-Hassani, Chairman of the Foundation for Science, Technology and Civilisation, and editor of the book told CNN.

"1001 Inventions" is now an exhibition at London's Science Museum. Hassani hopes the exhibition will highlight the contributions of non-Western cultures -- like the Muslim empire that once covered Spain and Portugal, Southern Italy and stretched as far as parts of China -- to present day civilization.
Hospitals as we know them today, with wards and teaching centers, come from 9th century Egypt
--professor Salim al-Hassani
RELATED TOPICS

Middle East
World History
Science and Technology

Here Hassani shares his top 10 outstanding Muslim inventions:

1. Surgery

Around the year 1,000, the celebrated doctor Al Zahrawi published a 1,500 page illustrated encyclopedia of surgery that was used in Europe as a medical reference for the next 500 years. Among his many inventions, Zahrawi discovered the use of dissolving cat gut to stitch wounds -- beforehand a second surgery had to be performed to remove sutures. He also reportedly performed the first caesarean operation and created the first pair of forceps.

2. Coffee

Now the Western world's drink du jour, coffee was first brewed in Yemen around the 9th century. In its earliest days, coffee helped Sufis stay up during late nights of devotion. Later brought to Cairo by a group of students, the coffee buzz soon caught on around the empire. By the 13th century it reached Turkey, but not until the 16th century did the beans start boiling in Europe, brought to Italy by a Venetian trader.

3. Flying machine

"Abbas ibn Firnas was the first person to make a real attempt to construct a flying machine and fly," said Hassani. In the 9th century he designed a winged apparatus, roughly resembling a bird costume. In his most famous trial near Cordoba in Spain, Firnas flew upward for a few moments, before falling to the ground and partially breaking his back. His designs would undoubtedly have been an inspiration for famed Italian artist and inventor Leonardo da Vinci's hundreds of years later, said Hassani.

4. University

In 859 a young princess named Fatima al-Firhi founded the first degree-granting university in Fez, Morocco. Her sister Miriam founded an adjacent mosque and together the complex became the al-Qarawiyyin Mosque and University. Still operating almost 1,200 years later, Hassani says he hopes the center will remind people that learning is at the core of the Islamic tradition and that the story of the al-Firhi sisters will inspire young Muslim women around the world today.

5. Algebra

The word algebra comes from the title of a Persian mathematician's famous 9th century treatise "Kitab al-Jabr Wa l-Mugabala" which translates roughly as "The Book of Reasoning and Balancing." Built on the roots of Greek and Hindu systems, the new algebraic order was a unifying system for rational numbers, irrational numbers and geometrical magnitudes. The same mathematician, Al-Khwarizmi, was also the first to introduce the concept of raising a number to a power.

6. Optics

"Many of the most important advances in the study of optics come from the Muslim world," says Hassani. Around the year 1000 Ibn al-Haitham proved that humans see objects by light reflecting off of them and entering the eye, dismissing Euclid and Ptolemy's theories that light was emitted from the eye itself. This great Muslim physicist also discovered the camera obscura phenomenon, which explains how the eye sees images upright due to the connection between the optic nerve and the brain.

7. Music

Muslim musicians have had a profound impact on Europe, dating back to Charlemagne tried to compete with the music of Baghdad and Cordoba, according to Hassani. Among many instruments that arrived in Europe through the Middle East are the lute and the rahab, an ancestor of the violin. Modern musical scales are also said to derive from the Arabic alphabet.

8. Toothbrush

According to Hassani, the Prophet Mohammed popularized the use of the first toothbrush in around 600. Using a twig from the Meswak tree, he cleaned his teeth and freshened his breath. Substances similar to Meswak are used in modern toothpaste.

9. The crank

Many of the basics of modern automatics were first put to use in the Muslim world, including the revolutionary crank-connecting rod system. By converting rotary motion to linear motion, the crank enables the lifting of heavy objects with relative ease. This technology, discovered by Al-Jazari in the 12th century, exploded across the globe, leading to everything from the bicycle to the internal combustion engine.

10. Hospitals

"Hospitals as we know them today, with wards and teaching centers, come from 9th century Egypt," explained Hassani. The first such medical center was the Ahmad ibn Tulun Hospital, founded in 872 in Cairo. Tulun hospital provided free care for anyone who needed it -- a policy based on the Muslim tradition of caring for all who are sick. From Cairo, such hospitals spread around the Muslim world.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by MarieSucre(f): 7:26am On Jul 09, 2015
xage:

Your plea of ignorance has found a cure, i have finally considered you frank and will do justice to your request so that you may heal many others out there who might be equally uninformed, which i consider unfair in this generation of free access to internet.

Now, i repeat again, Islam is the beginning of civilization, below are some documented evidences as confirmed even by an Islam hating channel CNN.
I indulge you to seat back as take you on this convincing journey, that Islam is indeed the beginning of civilization.

If you had waited for me this long to do this research for you, then, how am i damn sure you know what civilization is? this is why i will steal a moment to define what civilization means in a generous context. Civilization is a height of human social,economics, cultural and organizational development of a particular age or time.

MarieSucre, could you think of top factors to consider while scrutinizing human development? i'm pretty sure education,science,mathematics, food,music and health would be inclusive on your dear list.

You might as well find my text as lengthy and burdensome, this is why i will provide you with a visual youtube link as substitute to my theoritical write-up dug from verified sources.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXuSNdlJOCw

please thank me later, or better still accord me a little respect for once

BI-ISIMILAH,

Think of the origins of that staple of modern life, the cup of coffee, and Italy often springs to mind.But in fact, Yemen is where the ubiquitous brew has its true origins.

Along with the first university, and even the toothbrush, it is among surprising Muslim inventions that have shaped the world we live in today.

The origins of these fundamental ideas and objects -- the basis of everything from the bicycle to musical scales -- are the focus of "1001 Inventions," a book celebrating "the forgotten" history of 1,000 years of Muslim heritage.

"There's a hole in our knowledge, we leap frog from the Renaissance to the Greeks," professor Salim al-Hassani, Chairman of the Foundation for Science, Technology and Civilisation, and editor of the book told CNN.

"1001 Inventions" is now an exhibition at London's Science Museum. Hassani hopes the exhibition will highlight the contributions of non-Western cultures -- like the Muslim empire that once covered Spain and Portugal, Southern Italy and stretched as far as parts of China -- to present day civilization.
Hospitals as we know them today, with wards and teaching centers, come from 9th century Egypt
--professor Salim al-Hassani
RELATED TOPICS

Middle East
World History
Science and Technology

1. Surgery

Around the year 1,000, the celebrated doctor Al Zahrawi published a 1,500 page illustrated encyclopedia of surgery that was used in Europe as a medical reference for the next 500 years. Among his many inventions, Zahrawi discovered the use of dissolving cat gut to stitch wounds -- beforehand a second surgery had to be performed to remove sutures. He also reportedly performed the first caesarean operation and created the first pair of forceps.

2. Coffee

Now the Western world's drink du jour, coffee was first brewed in Yemen around the 9th century. In its earliest days, coffee helped Sufis stay up during late nights of devotion. Later brought to Cairo by a group of students, the coffee buzz soon caught on around the empire. By the 13th century it reached Turkey, but not until the 16th century did the beans start boiling in Europe, brought to Italy by a Venetian trader.

3. Flying machine

"Abbas ibn Firnas was the first person to make a real attempt to construct a flying machine and fly," said Hassani. In the 9th century he designed a winged apparatus, roughly resembling a bird costume. In his most famous trial near Cordoba in Spain, Firnas flew upward for a few moments, before falling to the ground and partially breaking his back. His designs would undoubtedly have been an inspiration for famed Italian artist and inventor Leonardo da Vinci's hundreds of years later, said Hassani.

4. University

In 859 a young princess named Fatima al-Firhi founded the first degree-granting university in Fez, Morocco. Her sister Miriam founded an adjacent mosque and together the complex became the al-Qarawiyyin Mosque and University. Still operating almost 1,200 years later, Hassani says he hopes the center will remind people that learning is at the core of the Islamic tradition and that the story of the al-Firhi sisters will inspire young Muslim women around the world today.

5. Algebra

The word algebra comes from the title of a Persian mathematician's famous 9th century treatise "Kitab al-Jabr Wa l-Mugabala" which translates roughly as "The Book of Reasoning and Balancing." Built on the roots of Greek and Hindu systems, the new algebraic order was a unifying system for rational numbers, irrational numbers and geometrical magnitudes. The same mathematician, Al-Khwarizmi, was also the first to introduce the concept of raising a number to a power.

6. Optics

"Many of the most important advances in the study of optics come from the Muslim world," says Hassani. Around the year 1000 Ibn al-Haitham proved that humans see objects by light reflecting off of them and entering the eye, dismissing Euclid and Ptolemy's theories that light was emitted from the eye itself. This great Muslim physicist also discovered the camera obscura phenomenon, which explains how the eye sees images upright due to the connection between the optic nerve and the brain.

7. Music

Muslim musicians have had a profound impact on Europe, dating back to Charlemagne tried to compete with the music of Baghdad and Cordoba, according to Hassani. Among many instruments that arrived in Europe through the Middle East are the lute and the rahab, an ancestor of the violin. Modern musical scales are also said to derive from the Arabic alphabet.

8. Toothbrush

According to Hassani, the Prophet Mohammed popularized the use of the first toothbrush in around 600. Using a twig from the Meswak tree, he cleaned his teeth and freshened his breath. Substances similar to Meswak are used in modern toothpaste.

9. The crank

Many of the basics of modern automatics were first put to use in the Muslim world, including the revolutionary crank-connecting rod system. By converting rotary motion to linear motion, the crank enables the lifting of heavy objects with relative ease. This technology, discovered by Al-Jazari in the 12th century, exploded across the globe, leading to everything from the bicycle to the internal combustion engine.

10. Hospitals

"Hospitals as we know them today, with wards and teaching centers, come from 9th century Egypt," explained Hassani. The first such medical center was the Ahmad ibn Tulun Hospital, founded in 872 in Cairo. Tulun hospital provided free care for anyone who needed it -- a policy based on the Muslim tradition of caring for all who are sick. From Cairo, such hospitals spread around the Muslim world.

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by MarieSucre(f): 7:29am On Jul 09, 2015
xage:

Thanks. Finally a response!! The Inventions
Coffee
The story goes that an Arab named Khalid was tending
his goats in the Kaffa region of southern Ethiopia, when
he noticed his animals became livelier after eating a
certain berry. He boiled the berries to make the first
coffee. Certainly the first record of the drink is of beans
exported from Ethiopia to Yemen where Sufis drank it to
stay awake all night to pray on special occasions. By
the late 15th century it had arrived in Mecca and Turkey
from where it made its way to Venice in 1645. It was
brought to England in 1650 by a Turk named Pasqua
Rosee who opened the first coffee house in Lombard
Street in the City of London. The Arabic qahwa became
the Turkish kahve then the Italian caffé and then English
coffee. [2]
The legend being referred to by Paul Vallely is expounded
upon in the Coffee History, found on decentcoffee.com :
" Arabian coffee-drinking began almost 12 centuries ago
(850 A.D.) when an Abyssinian goat herder named
Khalid noticed that while the afternoon sun made him
drowsy, his flock frolicked and skipped about after
nibbling at some berries. Khalid either ate the berries
whole, or ground and boiled them.
When his wife saw how energetic the normally exhausted
Khalid was, she urged him to share this miraculous
discovery with the local holy man at the monastery. The
chief monk did not share Khalid's enthusiasm. Declaring
the berries "the work of the Devil," he flung them into a
fire to banish their offending presence. Soon the room
filled with the delicious aroma of roasting berries, and
other monks hurried in to discover the source of this new
delight. "
Notice above, that the passage says the goat herder named
Khalid (or Kaldi as he is named in another version of the
story) was an Abyssinian. Abyssinians were predominantly
Orthodox Christians. In addition, there is no such thing as
monasteries or monks in Islam. In fact, it is forbidden
( Qur'an 57:027 ). Therefore, if this legend were to be true,
Khalid (or Kaldi) would not have been a Muslim, but a
Christian.
Also, the discovery of coffee, according to the maronite
monk Antonius Faustus Naironus (1635–1707 AD), differs
somewhat from the above tale. In "De saluberrima potione
Cahue, seu Cafe nuncupata discursus" (1671) he writes, that
a herdsman complained to the Prior of a nearby monastery
in Abyssinia, that his animals could not sleep. Two monks,
together with the herdsman, were sent by their superior to
investigate what it was the animals were eating. They
discovered coffee plants which they took back to the
monastery, where they brewed a beverage from its fruits.
They passed the whole night in pleasant conversation,
without any fatigue. [3]
Vision
The ancient Greeks thought our eyes emitted rays, like
a laser, which enabled us to see. The first person to
realise that light enters the eye, rather than leaving it,
was the 10th-century Muslim mathematician,
astronomer and physicist Ibn al-Haitham. He invented
the first pin-hole camera after noticing the way light
came through a hole in window shutters. The smaller
the hole, the better the picture, he worked out, and set
up the first Camera Obscura (from the Arab word
qamara for a dark or private room). He is also credited
with being the first man to shift physics from a
philosophical activity to an experimental one. [2]
The basic optical principles of the pinhole are commented
on in Chinese texts from the 5th century BC. Both the
claims, that he created intromission theory, and that he
invented the pin-hole camera, are false. Intromission theory
(opposing emission theory) originated in Greek philosophy,
and its proponents included Aristotle , Galen , and
Empedocles . Giovanni Battista della Porta (1538–1615), a
scientist from Naples, was long thought to have been the
inventor, due to his description found inside Magia naturalis
(1558). However, the first published picture of a pin-hole
camera is a drawing in Gemma Frisius' De Radio
Astronomica et Geometrica (1545). [4]
While both the Latin and Arabic languages have borrowed
from each other, the Latin language actually pre-dates
classic Arabic (the precursor to modern Arabic) by at least
1,600 years. The term “camera” was not derived from the
Arabic word “qamara”. “Camera” is a Latin word meaning a
vaulted or arched space, derived from the Greek καμαρα,
which refers to anything with an arched cover. The Italian
word "camera", the French word "chambre", and the English
word "chamber" all share the same Latin root. "Camera
obscura" literally meaning a “dark room”. [5][6] The term
“camera”, as applied today, was first coined by Johannes
Kepler (1571–1630). The Arabic word “qamara” has almost
certainly been borrowed from the Latin word "camera", and
at best the similarity between the two words is a
coincidence. [4]
Chess
A form of chess was played in ancient India but the
game was developed into the form we know it today in
Persia. From there it spread westward to Europe -
where it was introduced by the Moors in Spain in the
10th century - and eastward as far as Japan. The word
rook comes from the Persian rukh, which means
chariot. [2]
British archaeologists in July 2002
unearthed an ivory chess piece, at a
Byzantine palace in southern
Albania proving that Europeans were
playing chess a lot earlier than what
was previously thought. The recent
discoveries, dating back to the 6 th
Century (500 years older than any
other), seem to have been largely
ignored to allow Muslims to claim
that they were the real brains that
introduced chess to the idiotic West
400 years later, through Spain in the
10 th Century. [7] And while the form
of chess we know today was largely
(though not completely) developed in Persia, it was by
Zoroastrian (rather than Islamic) Persians prior to the
Muslim Arab invasions. Also ironic is the fact that chess is
forbidden in Islam, as it was condemned by Muhammad
who compared playing chess with dying ones hand with the
flesh and blood of swine. [8][9] So in reality, Paul Vallely and
Muslims themselves claiming Islam was the cause of the
spread of chess to Europe is an offence to the pious, and
would no doubt have Muhammad rolling in his grave.
Flying
A thousand years before the Wright brothers a Muslim
poet, astronomer, musician and engineer named Abbas
ibn Firnas made several attempts to construct a flying
machine. In 852 he jumped from the minaret of the
Grand Mosque in Cordoba using a loose cloak stiffened
with wooden struts. He hoped to glide like a bird. He
didn't. But the cloak slowed his fall, creating what is
thought to be the first parachute, and leaving him with
only minor injuries. In 875, aged 70, having perfected a
machine of silk and eagles' feathers he tried again,
jumping from a mountain. He flew to a significant
height and stayed aloft for ten minutes but crashed on
landing - concluding, correctly, that it was because he
had not given his device a tail so it would stall on
landing. Baghdad international airport and a crater on
the Moon are named after him. [2]
To get to the root of the facts concerning who was the first
to fly, one must go to the very basics first. As far as flying
is concerned, at the beginning were the kites, and these
were a Chinese invention. They date back as far as 3,000
years, where they were made from bamboo and silk in
China. The earliest written account of kite flying was about
200 BC. In 478 BC a Chinese Philosopher, Mo Zi, spent three
years making a hawk from light wood or bamboo which
sailed with the wind. It could fly, but after one day’s trial it
was wrecked. Kites were also used in Chinese warfare for
years. They carried hideously painted faces, pipes and
strings that gave noises to frighten the enemy.
Many attempts to use kites to fly men were also made, the
earliest recorded success was very brutal. In AD 550
Emperor Kao Yang overcome his powerful enemies the
Thopa and Yuan families. He ordered that the surviving
Thopas and Yuan to be fitted out with bamboo-mat wings
and cast from the top of the Tower of the Golden phoenix.
All died. Other captives were attached to kites cut out in the
form of owls and launched from the tower. Only one of the
captives survived after flying 2.5 Km. Later that survivor,
named Yuan Huang-Thou was starved to death. The
Chinese also tried to produce flying machines. In the book
Pao Phu Tzu , dated AD 320, Ko Hung states: “Some have
made flying cars with wood, using ox-leather straps
fastened to returning blades to set the machines in motion”.
He is clearly describing rotating blades attached to a
spinning axle and driven by a (leather) belt that is a rotor top
the principal of which underlie the modern-day helicopter. It
seems that the system worked because flying cars had
been used. The machine, known as “bamboo dragonfly”, is
still used today as a child’s toy. [10][11][12]
In the West, the ancient Greek engineer, Hero of Alexandria,
worked with air pressure and steam to create sources of
power. One experiment that he developed was the aeolipile,
which used jets of steam to create rotary motion. The
importance of the aeolipile is that it marks the start of
engine invention—engine created movement will later prove
essential in the history of flight. [13]
Given all of the above information, how can anyone possibly
accredit the invention of flight to a 9 th century Muslim
jumping off a mosque in Spain?
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by MarieSucre(f): 10:30am On Jul 09, 2015
xage:

Coffee
The story goes that an Arab named Khalid was tending
his goats in the Kaffa region of southern Ethiopia, when
he noticed his animals became livelier after eating a
certain berry. He boiled the berries to make the first
coffee. Certainly the first record of the drink is of beans
exported from Ethiopia to Yemen where Sufis drank it to
stay awake all night to pray on special occasions. By
the late 15th century it had arrived in Mecca and Turkey
from where it made its way to Venice in 1645. It was
brought to England in 1650 by a Turk named Pasqua
Rosee who opened the first coffee house in Lombard
Street in the City of London. The Arabic qahwa became
the Turkish kahve then the Italian caffé and then English
coffee. [2]
The legend being referred to by Paul Vallely is expounded
upon in the Coffee History, found on decentcoffee.com :
" Arabian coffee-drinking began almost 12 centuries ago
(850 A.D.) when an Abyssinian goat herder named
Khalid noticed that while the afternoon sun made him
drowsy, his flock frolicked and skipped about after
nibbling at some berries. Khalid either ate the berries
whole, or ground and boiled them.
When his wife saw how energetic the normally exhausted
Khalid was, she urged him to share this miraculous
discovery with the local holy man at the monastery. The
chief monk did not share Khalid's enthusiasm. Declaring
the berries "the work of the Devil," he flung them into a
fire to banish their offending presence. Soon the room
filled with the delicious aroma of roasting berries, and
other monks hurried in to discover the source of this new
delight. "
Notice above, that the passage says the goat herder named
Khalid (or Kaldi as he is named in another version of the
story) was an Abyssinian. Abyssinians were predominantly
Orthodox Christians. In addition, there is no such thing as
monasteries or monks in Islam. In fact, it is forbidden
( Qur'an 57:027 ). Therefore, if this legend were to be true,
Khalid (or Kaldi) would not have been a Muslim, but a
Christian.
Also, the discovery of coffee, according to the maronite
monk Antonius Faustus Naironus (1635–1707 AD), differs
somewhat from the above tale. In "De saluberrima potione
Cahue, seu Cafe nuncupata discursus" (1671) he writes, that
a herdsman complained to the Prior of a nearby monastery
in Abyssinia, that his animals could not sleep. Two monks,
together with the herdsman, were sent by their superior to
investigate what it was the animals were eating. They
discovered coffee plants which they took back to the
monastery, where they brewed a beverage from its fruits.
They passed the whole night in pleasant conversation,
without any fatigue. [3]
Vision
The ancient Greeks thought our eyes emitted rays, like
a laser, which enabled us to see. The first person to
realise that light enters the eye, rather than leaving it,
was the 10th-century Muslim mathematician,
astronomer and physicist Ibn al-Haitham. He invented
the first pin-hole camera after noticing the way light
came through a hole in window shutters. The smaller
the hole, the better the picture, he worked out, and set
up the first Camera Obscura (from the Arab word
qamara for a dark or private room). He is also credited
with being the first man to shift physics from a
philosophical activity to an experimental one. [2]
The basic optical principles of the pinhole are commented
on in Chinese texts from the 5th century BC. Both the
claims, that he created intromission theory, and that he
invented the pin-hole camera, are false. Intromission theory
(opposing emission theory) originated in Greek philosophy,
and its proponents included Aristotle , Galen , and
Empedocles . Giovanni Battista della Porta (1538–1615), a
scientist from Naples, was long thought to have been the
inventor, due to his description found inside Magia naturalis
(1558). However, the first published picture of a pin-hole
camera is a drawing in Gemma Frisius' De Radio
Astronomica et Geometrica (1545). [4]
While both the Latin and Arabic languages have borrowed
from each other, the Latin language actually pre-dates
classic Arabic (the precursor to modern Arabic) by at least
1,600 years. The term “camera” was not derived from the
Arabic word “qamara”. “Camera” is a Latin word meaning a
vaulted or arched space, derived from the Greek καμαρα,
which refers to anything with an arched cover. The Italian
word "camera", the French word "chambre", and the English
word "chamber" all share the same Latin root. "Camera
obscura" literally meaning a “dark room”. [5][6] The term
“camera”, as applied today, was first coined by Johannes
Kepler (1571–1630). The Arabic word “qamara” has almost
certainly been borrowed from the Latin word "camera", and
at best the similarity between the two words is a
coincidence. [4]
Chess
A form of chess was played in ancient India but the
game was developed into the form we know it today in
Persia. From there it spread westward to Europe -
where it was introduced by the Moors in Spain in the
10th century - and eastward as far as Japan. The word
rook comes from the Persian rukh, which means
chariot. [2]
British archaeologists in July 2002
unearthed an ivory chess piece, at a
Byzantine palace in southern
Albania proving that Europeans were
playing chess a lot earlier than what
was previously thought. The recent
discoveries, dating back to the 6 th
Century (500 years older than any
other), seem to have been largely
ignored to allow Muslims to claim
that they were the real brains that
introduced chess to the idiotic West
400 years later, through Spain in the
10 th Century. [7] And while the form
of chess we know today was largely
(though not completely) developed in Persia, it was by
Zoroastrian (rather than Islamic) Persians prior to the
Muslim Arab invasions. Also ironic is the fact that chess is
forbidden in Islam, as it was condemned by Muhammad
who compared playing chess with dying ones hand with the
flesh and blood of swine. [8][9] So in reality, Paul Vallely and
Muslims themselves claiming Islam was the cause of the
spread of chess to Europe is an offence to the pious, and
would no doubt have Muhammad rolling in his grave.
Flying
A thousand years before the Wright brothers a Muslim
poet, astronomer, musician and engineer named Abbas
ibn Firnas made several attempts to construct a flying
machine. In 852 he jumped from the minaret of the
Grand Mosque in Cordoba using a loose cloak stiffened
with wooden struts. He hoped to glide like a bird. He
didn't. But the cloak slowed his fall, creating what is
thought to be the first parachute, and leaving him with
only minor injuries. In 875, aged 70, having perfected a
machine of silk and eagles' feathers he tried again,
jumping from a mountain. He flew to a significant
height and stayed aloft for ten minutes but crashed on
landing - concluding, correctly, that it was because he
had not given his device a tail so it would stall on
landing. Baghdad international airport and a crater on
the Moon are named after him. [2]
To get to the root of the facts concerning who was the first
to fly, one must go to the very basics first. As far as flying
is concerned, at the beginning were the kites, and these
were a Chinese invention. They date back as far as 3,000
years, where they were made from bamboo and silk in
China. The earliest written account of kite flying was about
200 BC. In 478 BC a Chinese Philosopher, Mo Zi, spent three
years making a hawk from light wood or bamboo which
sailed with the wind. It could fly, but after one day’s trial it
was wrecked. Kites were also used in Chinese warfare for
years. They carried hideously painted faces, pipes and
strings that gave noises to frighten the enemy.
Many attempts to use kites to fly men were also made, the
earliest recorded success was very brutal. In AD 550
Emperor Kao Yang overcome his powerful enemies the
Thopa and Yuan families. He ordered that the surviving
Thopas and Yuan to be fitted out with bamboo-mat wings
and cast from the top of the Tower of the Golden phoenix.
All died. Other captives were attached to kites cut out in the
form of owls and launched from the tower. Only one of the
captives survived after flying 2.5 Km. Later that survivor,
named Yuan Huang-Thou was starved to death. The
Chinese also tried to produce flying machines. In the book
Pao Phu Tzu , dated AD 320, Ko Hung states: “Some have
made flying cars with wood, using ox-leather straps
fastened to returning blades to set the machines in motion”.
He is clearly describing rotating blades attached to a
spinning axle and driven by a (leather) belt that is a rotor top
the principal of which underlie the modern-day helicopter. It
seems that the system worked because flying cars had
been used. The machine, known as “bamboo dragonfly”, is
still used today as a child’s toy. [10][11][12]
In the West, the ancient Greek engineer, Hero of Alexandria,
worked with air pressure and steam to create sources of
power. One experiment that he developed was the aeolipile,
which used jets of steam to create rotary motion. The
importance of the aeolipile is that it marks the start of
engine invention—engine created movement will later prove
essential in the history of flight. [13]
Given all of the above information, how can anyone possibly
accredit the invention of flight to a 9 th century Muslim
jumping off a mosque in Spain?
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by MarieSucre(f): 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
xage:

Bathing
Washing and bathing are religious requirements for
Muslims, which is perhaps why they perfected the
recipe for soap which we still use today. The ancient
Egyptians had soap of a kind, as did the Romans who
used it more as a pomade. But it was the Arabs who
combined vegetable oils with sodium hydroxide and
aromatics such as thyme oil. One of the Crusaders'
most striking characteristics, to Arab nostrils, was that
they did not wash. Shampoo was introduced to England
by a Muslim who opened Mahomed's Indian Vapour
Baths on Brighton seafront in 1759 and was appointed
Shampooing Surgeon to Kings George IV and William
IV. [2]
The first issue we need to address here, is the "Muslim" that
Paul Vallely is referring to. His name was Sake Dean
Mahomed and he was not a Muslim, but a convert to
Christianity. [14] Born to Muslim parents in 1759, He
converted to Christianity and married the Anglo-Irish
gentlewoman, Jane Daly, in an Anglican ceremony in
1786 [15] (long before opening "Mahomed's Indian Vapour
Baths" in 1821). [16] Two of his children (Amelia and Henry)
were also baptised into the Anglican faith, and one of his
grandsons, Rev. James Kerriman Mahomed, was appointed
as the vicar of Hove, Sussex. [17] Also worthy of mention is
the fact that Islam is not the only religion which dictates
rules on personal cleanliness. The Jews too have rules
governing hygiene .
A soap-like material found in clay cylinders during the
excavation of ancient Babylon is evidence that soapmaking
was known as early as 2800 BC. Inscriptions on the
cylinders say that fats were boiled with ashes, which is a
method of making soap, but do not refer to the purpose of
the "soap." Such materials were later used as hair styling
aids. Like the ancient Egyptians before them, daily bathing
was an important event in the ancient Roman world [18] and
a common custom in Japan during the Middle Ages. And in
Iceland, pools warmed with water from hot springs were
popular gathering places on Saturday evenings.
Soapmaking was an established craft in Europe by the 7th
century. Soapmaker guilds guarded their trade secrets
closely. Vegetable and animal oils were used with ashes of
plants, along with fragrance. Gradually more varieties of
soap became available for shaving and shampooing, as well
as bathing and laundering. The English began making soap
during the 12 th century. The soap business was so good
that in 1622, King James I granted a monopoly to a
soapmaker for $100,000 a year. Well into the 19 th century,
soap was heavily taxed as a luxury item in several
countries. When the high tax was removed, soap became
available to ordinary people, and cleanliness standards
improved. Commercial soapmaking in the American
colonies began in 1608 with the arrival of several
soapmakers on the second ship from England to reach
Jamestown, VA. The science of modern soapmaking was
bom in the 1820's with the discovery by French chemist
Michel Eugene Chevreul, of the chemical nature and
relationship of fats, glycerine and fatty acids. His studies
established the basis for both fat and soap chemistry. [19]
Distillation
The means of separating liquids through differences in
their boiling points, was invented around the year 800
by Islam's foremost scientist, Jabir ibn Hayyan, who
transformed alchemy into chemistry, inventing many of
the basic processes and apparatus still in use today -
liquefaction, crystallisation, distillation, purification,
oxidisation, evaporation and filtration. As well as
discovering sulphuric and nitric acid, he invented the
alembic still, giving the world intense rosewater and
other perfumes and alcoholic spirits (although drinking
them is haram, or forbidden, in Islam). Ibn Hayyan
emphasised systematic experimentation and was the
founder of modern chemistry. [2]
Speculation has linked some Egyptian illustrations with
distillation, but the earliest evidence for its invention so far
is a distillation apparatus and terra-cotta perfume
containers recently identified in the Indus Valley (pre-
Islamic Pakistan) dating from around 3,000 BC, and Miriam
the Prophetess (also known as “Maria the Jewess”)
invented the kerotakis, an early still dated around the 1 st
century AD. [21] The first firm documentary evidence for
distillation in the West comes from Greek historian
Herodotus' record of the method of distilling turpentine
dated 425 BC. [22] Also, the origins of whisky is dated to the
5 th century AD, introduced to Ireland by Saint Patrick (390–
461 AD), the patron of the Irish. [23] So the Arabs may have
improved upon the process of distillation some 3500 years
later, but they most definitely did not invent it.
It is also of great interest to note that the authorship of
many books previously attributed to Jabir ibn Hayyan
(including "his" most famous work, Summa Perfectionis )
have now been attributed to an unknown European
alchemist, sometimes to the little-known Paul of Taranto,
writing shortly after 1300 AD. [24] According to the
Encyclopædia Britannica:
" [Geber was an] unknown author of several books that were
among the most influential works on alchemy and metallurgy
during the 14th and 15th centuries.
The name Geber, a Latinized form of Jābir, was adopted
because of the great reputation of the 8th-century Arab
alchemist Jābir ibn Ḥayyān. A number of Arabic scientific works
credited to Jābir were translated into Latin during the 11th to
13th centuries. Thus, when an author who was probably a
practicing Spanish alchemist began to write in about 1310, he
adopted the westernized form of the name, Geber, to give added
authority to his work, which nevertheless reflected 14th-century
European alchemical practices rather than earlier Arab ones.
Four works by Geber are known: Summa perfectionis magisterii
(The Sum of Perfection or the Perfect Magistery, 1678), Liber
fornacum (Book of Furnaces, 1678), De investigatione
perfectionis (The Investigation of Perfection, 1678), and De
inventione veritatis (The Invention of Verity, 1678). They are the
clearest expression of alchemical theory and the most important
set of laboratory directions to appear before the 16th century.
Accordingly, they were widely read and extremely influential in a
field where mysticism, secrecy, and obscurity were the usual
rule. "[25]

1 Like

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by xage(m): 7:02am On Jul 12, 2015
MarieSucre:
Bathing
Washing and bathing are religious requirements for
Muslims, which is perhaps why they perfected the
recipe for soap which we still use today. The ancient
Egyptians had soap of a kind, as did the Romans who
used it more as a pomade. But it was the Arabs who
combined vegetable oils with sodium hydroxide and
aromatics such as thyme oil. One of the Crusaders'
most striking characteristics, to Arab nostrils, was that
they did not wash. Shampoo was introduced to England
by a Muslim who opened Mahomed's Indian Vapour
Baths on Brighton seafront in 1759 and was appointed
Shampooing Surgeon to Kings George IV and William
IV. [2]
The first issue we need to address here, is the "Muslim" that
Paul Vallely is referring to. His name was Sake Dean
Mahomed and he was not a Muslim, but a convert to
Christianity. [14] Born to Muslim parents in 1759, He
converted to Christianity and married the Anglo-Irish
gentlewoman, Jane Daly, in an Anglican ceremony in
1786 [15] (long before opening "Mahomed's Indian Vapour
Baths" in 1821). [16] Two of his children (Amelia and Henry)
were also baptised into the Anglican faith, and one of his
grandsons, Rev. James Kerriman Mahomed, was appointed
as the vicar of Hove, Sussex. [17] Also worthy of mention is
the fact that Islam is not the only religion which dictates
rules on personal cleanliness. The Jews too have rules
governing hygiene .
A soap-like material found in clay cylinders during the
excavation of ancient Babylon is evidence that soapmaking
was known as early as 2800 BC. Inscriptions on the
cylinders say that fats were boiled with ashes, which is a
method of making soap, but do not refer to the purpose of
the "soap." Such materials were later used as hair styling
aids. Like the ancient Egyptians before them, daily bathing
was an important event in the ancient Roman world [18] and
a common custom in Japan during the Middle Ages. And in
Iceland, pools warmed with water from hot springs were
popular gathering places on Saturday evenings.
Soapmaking was an established craft in Europe by the 7th
century. Soapmaker guilds guarded their trade secrets
closely. Vegetable and animal oils were used with ashes of
plants, along with fragrance. Gradually more varieties of
soap became available for shaving and shampooing, as well
as bathing and laundering. The English began making soap
during the 12 th century. The soap business was so good
that in 1622, King James I granted a monopoly to a
soapmaker for $100,000 a year. Well into the 19 th century,
soap was heavily taxed as a luxury item in several
countries. When the high tax was removed, soap became
available to ordinary people, and cleanliness standards
improved. Commercial soapmaking in the American
colonies began in 1608 with the arrival of several
soapmakers on the second ship from England to reach
Jamestown, VA. The science of modern soapmaking was
bom in the 1820's with the discovery by French chemist
Michel Eugene Chevreul, of the chemical nature and
relationship of fats, glycerine and fatty acids. His studies
established the basis for both fat and soap chemistry. [19]
Distillation
The means of separating liquids through differences in
their boiling points, was invented around the year 800
by Islam's foremost scientist, Jabir ibn Hayyan, who
transformed alchemy into chemistry, inventing many of
the basic processes and apparatus still in use today -
liquefaction, crystallisation, distillation, purification,
oxidisation, evaporation and filtration. As well as
discovering sulphuric and nitric acid, he invented the
alembic still, giving the world intense rosewater and
other perfumes and alcoholic spirits (although drinking
them is haram, or forbidden, in Islam). Ibn Hayyan
emphasised systematic experimentation and was the
founder of modern chemistry. [2]
Speculation has linked some Egyptian illustrations with
distillation, but the earliest evidence for its invention so far
is a distillation apparatus and terra-cotta perfume
containers recently identified in the Indus Valley (pre-
Islamic Pakistan) dating from around 3,000 BC, and Miriam
the Prophetess (also known as “Maria the Jewess”)
invented the kerotakis, an early still dated around the 1 st
century AD. [21] The first firm documentary evidence for
distillation in the West comes from Greek historian
Herodotus' record of the method of distilling turpentine
dated 425 BC. [22] Also, the origins of whisky is dated to the
5 th century AD, introduced to Ireland by Saint Patrick (390–
461 AD), the patron of the Irish. [23] So the Arabs may have
improved upon the process of distillation some 3500 years
later, but they most definitely did not invent it.
It is also of great interest to note that the authorship of
many books previously attributed to Jabir ibn Hayyan
(including "his" most famous work, Summa Perfectionis )
have now been attributed to an unknown European
alchemist, sometimes to the little-known Paul of Taranto,
writing shortly after 1300 AD. [24] According to the
Encyclopædia Britannica:
" [Geber was an] unknown author of several books that were
among the most influential works on alchemy and metallurgy
during the 14th and 15th centuries.
The name Geber, a Latinized form of Jābir, was adopted
because of the great reputation of the 8th-century Arab
alchemist Jābir ibn Ḥayyān. A number of Arabic scientific works
credited to Jābir were translated into Latin during the 11th to
13th centuries. Thus, when an author who was probably a
practicing Spanish alchemist began to write in about 1310, he
adopted the westernized form of the name, Geber, to give added
authority to his work, which nevertheless reflected 14th-century
European alchemical practices rather than earlier Arab ones.
Four works by Geber are known: Summa perfectionis magisterii
(The Sum of Perfection or the Perfect Magistery, 1678), Liber
fornacum (Book of Furnaces, 1678), De investigatione
perfectionis (The Investigation of Perfection, 1678), and De
inventione veritatis (The Invention of Verity, 1678). They are the
clearest expression of alchemical theory and the most important
set of laboratory directions to appear before the 16th century.
Accordingly, they were widely read and extremely influential in a
field where mysticism, secrecy, and obscurity were the usual
rule. "[25]

I thought you were going to nullify my facts with worthy counter facts,happily, your arguments has only a buttress of the established facts, you were mentioning who and who converted and what and what what used by other people, common! this is not a tom and jerry play write-up...

I would appreciate you take this piece of golden knowledge and halt decorating biased impressions any further, you may argue another day, on another topic, but this one was an obvious gift of knowledge from me to you,OR cool Would you have appreciated a gift of cabbage more because it is edible? common! knowledge is golden...pocket this
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by tpiah2: 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
ROSSIKE:

The compound word Oba'ufon or Obalufon (since the placing of two vowels together is unusual in Yoruba, the letter l is inserted for euphony)

@ bolded, not really.

Inserting a consonant between vowels in more of a modern thing, not that its unusual.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by djotoli: 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
sonzo666:

How can "aru" means "human beings"?
Muntu=human being ===>bantu=human beings
Moro=human being ====>baro=human beings
Muru=human beings ====>baru=human beings
In many bantu words,o=u and t=r ===>mukongo=mokongo;moswahili=muswahili; kamerhe=kamete ....etc ,,,
The kinirwanda for example makes extensive use of "r" whereas the kikongo replaces "r" by "t"
The "olu" prefix is used in many bantu words and means master/god .For example in the word olueme, olu=god and eme=judgement.This implies that olueme=ordeal/ordalie in French.
Olume/olumi===>olu(god/master) + me/mi(my)===>my god/my master
I don't know where you get the idea that "aru" can means " human beings".Can you elaborate on that?
Moreover,dogon toponyms such as badiangara/badiagana,sangha,bongo are mostly found in bantu areas.Simple coincidence?I doubt!It is impossible to find a west African with a name like badiagana.You can always try!
I always take with suspicion European historians traduction of African words!

I didn't say fangs were the creators of the Nok culture!I refered to fangs oral history to show that bantus used to occupy a wider area of nigera that what the majority of history books suggest.As far as I know,almost all Nigerian ethnic groups(hausas,fulanis,igbos,yorubas,binis,etc....) claim an outside origin and their oral histories suggest they weren't the first settlers in Nigeria.The question is who where the first settlers?We know for sure that bantus were in Nigeria coz that where their origin seems to be.And if bantus went on to conquer half of Africa,I cant see them not occupying the whole Nigeria.As far I am concerned,Nok culture fell victim of a more powerful and vicious external force and got destroyed/absorbed .I cant see that much similitudes between nok esthetic and Yoruba or bini esthetics"Kongo people were very famous for producing all types of clothes,but they lost all that technology when they started trading with portugueses.So the Nok case is not a one off in Africa history.

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by djotoli: 8:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
english is not my language but i'm will try to explain my view i think that what they call proto bantu language are old lithurgique african language in bantu language maybe it is just a coincidence by exemple the verb to be in lingala contain many name of god in different african language those who use the word baro are related with water with baro and moro it's logic because bantu language are sub group from sub group they are different african old tribe unified around the proto bantu and the proto bantu was in contact with the proto semitic language
to understand one must also look at the old illustration and the clans mythology the scarification and tatoo
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by tpiander: 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by makahlj2: 7:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
xage:

1. Surgery
2. Coffee
3. Flying machine
4. University
5. Algebra
6. Optics
7. Music
8. Toothbrush
9. The crank
10. Hospitals
Please excuse my ignorance, but which exactly of these people have been black? I saw mostly Arabs in that list.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by xage(m): 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
makahlj2:

Please excuse my ignorance, but which exactly of these people have been black? I saw mostly Arabs in that list.

What to excuse is not ur ignorance but your lack of attention to details rather...my response you quoted was a deliberate response to a direct question..which says 'How is Islam the beggining of civilization' why are you suddenly interested in skin? My response was tailored to the question and not to the caption of the topic of this thread.

I hope you are well clarified friend?

There are black Arabs though may not have been popular for major inventions..

Please research more on this if you are particular abot skin
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by djotoli: 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2015
all language are related to understand the original of what they call bantu you must take off the preffix and the suffix
sinn in semitic mean theeth in lingala you put the preffix and a suffix i can not good explain english is not my language ok suffiw li and suffix u or o or mi the semitic suffix s out you have inn lingala preffix linn + suffix o =linno or linnu teeth
eat in amharic is bla or bäla masc, femi you say bi, food in lingala become bilia eat become lia because there is no masc or femi
water is the same maa or mayi in amharic sra or sära for work in banziri ubangian they use the preffix ko they kosara for work in lingala ubangian R become L work become kosala banziri work sara, amharic sära ,lingala sala in , geez umuntu mean people, plate in amharic is san in lingali you just put the suffix at end it become sani plate in lingala, in moro kordofan nda is the head anda become house in banziri ubangian and in lingala the banziri ubangian preffix disaper and you just put a suffix it become ndako for house hungry in banziri is nzara in lingala it become nzala for hungry
malamu, molimo, na zali , malamu( good, fine , cool , shine ) there is preffix ma and suffix u the real word is lam, molimo ( soul ) mo, lim ,and u suffix now you can search in another linguage if you can find the origin the same meaning amhara is just like oromo if you put o not A it become omohro the difference for me is that oromo are related with water and amhara are real sedentary farmer there is lot like this white people only search
from semitic to lingala the word bondoqiyya ( rifle in arabic ) but bondoqiyya is a semitic divinity related with lightning in lingala or bantu if you prefer that become mondoki for rifle and with the preffix bo became bondoki ( witchcraft ) and ndoki become witch there is a lot like this in many language all language in africa are related white people are onely search the disacord not unity among us the people what they call bantu are not bantu they are african from different origin different dna different culture and history around a proto language substrat
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by djotoli: 7:33pm On Sep 14, 2015
all language are related to understand the original of what they call bantu you must take off the preffix and the suffix
sinn in semitic mean theeth in lingala you put the preffix and a suffix i can not good explain english is not my language ok in lingala you have preffix li, mi and suffix u or o or i the semitic suffix s out you have inn lingala preffix linn + suffix o =linno or linnu teeth
eat in amharic is bla or bäla masc, femi you say bi, food in lingala become bilia eat become lia because there is no masc or femi
water is the same maa or maï in amharic sra or sära for work in banziri ubangian they use the preffix ko they kosara for work in lingala ubangian R become L work become kosala banziri work sara, amharic sära ,lingala sala in , geez umuntu mean people, plate in amharic is san in lingali you just put the suffix at end it become sani plate in lingala, in moro kordofan nda is the head anda become house in banziri ubangian and in lingala the banziri ubangian preffix disaper and you just put a suffix it become ndako for house hungry in banziri is nzara in lingala it become nzala for hungry
malamu, molimo, na zali , malamu( good, fine , cool , shine ) there is preffix ma and suffix u the real word is lam, molimo ( soul ) mo, lim ,and u suffix now you can search in another linguage if you can find the origin the same meaning amhara is just like oromo if you put o not A it become omohro the difference for me is that oromo are related with water and amhara are real sedentary farmer there is lot like this white people only search
from semitic to lingala the word bondoqiyya ( rifle in arabic ) but bondoqiyya is a semitic divinity related with lightning in lingala or bantu if you prefer that become mondoki for rifle and with the preffix bo became bondoki ( witchcraft ) and ndoki become witch there is a lot like this in many language all language in africa are related white people are onely search the disacord not unity among us the people what they call bantu are not bantu they are african from different origin different dna different culture and history around a proto language substrat
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by PabloAfricanus(m): 3:22am On Nov 11, 2015
Radoillo:
Well, for what it is worth, it is important to point out that accomplished mainstream Yoruba scholars of Yoruba religion and sociology do not agree with Archdeacon Lucas' conclusions.

Scholars like Dr J Omosade Awolalu and Dr O. Ogunba, both of whom are PhDs in the field of African Religions, among others have expressed their disagreement (See Awolalu's 'Yoruba Beliefs and Sacrificial Rites' and Ogunba's PhD thesis 'Ritual Drama of the Ijebu People'). Many others have simply ignored Lucas' contribution as not deserving a refutation. Ogunba even said of Lucas' book that it contains 'mistakes, monstrous and disconcerting' and that they 'are more of ignorance than of patriotism'.

When I tried to use an online etymology dictionary to check the meanings of some of the Ancient Egyptian words used by Lucas in his anslysis, I found that a good number of them don't really mean what Lucas thought they meant...which leads one to wonder how well he knew Ancient Egyptian. Did he know enough to make scholarly-sound comparisons between Ancient Egyptian and Yoruba? It doesn't really seem so.

Lucas' book came out in 1948. That's a really long time ago, and I would imagine that some (if not much) of the information in it is already outdated. Linguists, anthropologists and historians have been busy since then and a lot of information has been unearthed since then that has turned African Studies on its head. No top-rate college anywhere in the world that offers courses in African Studies will recommend a book written in 1948.

But there is a little something that bugs me about this tendency to use arguments such as this one to make the claim that various sub-Saharan cultures have their roots in Ancient Egypt: Assuming Ancient Egypt and West Africa did share cultural and linguistic emblems, why do we conclude that it was us, West Africans who got them from Egypt? Why can't the argument be made the other way - that it was the Egyptians who got those cultural emblems from us?

After all, we now have ample evidence that people from Inner Africa did migrate towards the Nile. We can be sure they took some of the customs and practices of the peoples of Inner Africa with them. Isn't it time to start talking about what sub-Saharan peoples (including West Africans) gave to Egypt and retire this debate about what Egypt gave to West Africans. The former seems more likely, given what scholars know today.

Apt and spot on.
See if you can contribute to the last thread i commented on.
That clown is not even sufficiently familiar with either the language or culture to pick out the holes in Lucas' historical improvisations.
On ground evidence should match results/conclusions from any research work.
Why didnt the Europeans come to black africa to decipher the Rosetta stone?

1 Like

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by jantavanta(m): 3:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
PabloAfricanus:

Apt and spot on.
See if you can contribute to the last thread i commented on.
That clown is not even sufficiently familiar with either the language or culture to pick out the holes in Lucas' historical improvisations.
On ground evidence should match results/conclusions from any research work.
Why didnt the Europeans come to black africa to decipher the Rosetta stone?

They could not come down to Nigeria to decipher the Ikom Monoliths, because they could not use regional use proximity to claim this part of Africa, as they have been trying to do with Egypt.

Why did they destroy the Nsude Pyramids?

http://www.carcafriculture.org/docs/LEJJA%20THE%20DISCOVERY%20OF%20THE%20EGYPTIAN%20DUAT,%20TEMPLE%20OF%20THE%20SUN%20%20AND%20LOST%20CITY%20OF%20HELIOPOLIS%20IN%20WEST%20AFRICA.pdf

Why did they pack away the artefacts of an entire civilization and tell us that it was only an Igbo Ukwu bronze pot

http://www.carcafriculture.org/docs/THE%20GRAVE%20OF%20SARGON%20THE%20GREAT.pdf

http://www.carcafriculture.org/Docs/IGBO%20UKWU%20-SHOCKING%20REVELATIONS%20BY%20CATHERINE%20ACHOLONU.docx
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Horus(m): 6:35am On Mar 31, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oos_ZapIZo

Return Of The Moors

Paa Nabab Yaanuwn
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Rossikk(m): 5:02pm On Apr 03, 2017
MrPresident1:
We disobeyed God and are being punished for our sins.

Isaiah 29:14
14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Powerful and accurate.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by AdeMarley: 5:15pm On Apr 04, 2017
Rossikk:
Powerful and accurate.
Sir Rossikk I respect you and many Pan Africans on this forum,you all speak the truth as we are all in the journey of self realization, Mrpresidents is also on points as most of us here in southern Nigeria are the the true descendants of the biblical yisrealites,not the fake gentiles that reside there today,our undoing was our sins of idolatry which made way for our punishment today(read debut 281-68,Lev 26,read lamentation of prophet Jeremiah)
We once and will soon rule the world,thats the good job our brother Jantavanta is showing to the masses,not just Europe but the whole WORLD ,the signs are there for the wise to see. Please brothers keep up with the good work don't allow negative comments bring down your vibrations. you may not know it but so many people are getting enlightened by your teachings and contributions. Blessed love

2 Likes

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by macof(m): 8:56am On Apr 26, 2018
Excerpts from leading works on the Yoruba - Egypt connection:

Read:

"The Religion of the Yorubas" by J. Olumide Lucas
"Religion of Ancient Egypt" by A. H. Sayce
"The Opening Up of Africa" by H. H. Johnston

The gradations of status recognized by the Yoruba as existing between their deities are as follows:

1. The Supreme Deity - Olorun.

2. The Major Orisas, of whom Esu and Ifa are the most important.

3. The Deified Spirits of Ancestors and other Spirits, of whom Oro, Eluku, Agemo and Egungun are the most important.

4. The Minor Orisas.

======
Olorun <-> Horu
======

Over and above all the other deities classified above and excelling them in power, honor and majesty is the Supreme Deity known as OLORUN. He is credited with omnipresence, omniscience, and omnipotence.

Olorun (pronounced Or-lor-roon) may be divided into two parts, viz., Ol'-orun. The word Orun means "sky," and the syllable Ol is only a reduplication of the initial letter of orun together with the letter "l" generally used to denote ownership or agency.

The word Olorun therefore means "Lord of the sky or of the heavens."

Now the Egyptian word for "sky" or "heavens" is Horu. Before the establishment of the Egyptian dynasties and during the early part of the dynastic period, the name Horu was applied to the Sun-god (the eye of Horu) who was afterwards known as the elder Horus (Horu).

The changes which the word underwent in Egypt are clearly illustrated in the Yoruba language. From Horu is derived the word Oru(n) - the aspirate is elided and the final vowel nasalized -, "sky" or "heavens".

When the word was applied to the sun-god the following words were derived from it:

Oru(n) -> The Sun
Oru -> Heat, originally applied to the heat of the sun, and afterwards to heat in general.

It will be remembered that after the establishment of the Old Kingdom the faith of Osiris spread from Abydos in the Delta to other parts of Egypt, and was at one time universal in Egypt. Horu the sun-god was displaced by Horu (Horus) the Younger, son of Osiris. Later on Osiris, who was originally the god of the dead, was translated to the sky. Osiris became "the Lord of the Sky".

[A] The Yoruba beliefs of Omnipotence, Omniscience and Omnipresence may be traced to elements in the Osirian faith.

Olorun is Eleda "Creator"; so also was Osiris.

Olorun is the impartial Judge; men have to give an account of their doings in His judgment hall; men are commended to Him only by uprightness and goodness. All these are relics from the features connected with the Osirian judgment hall.

The importance of the god Thoth in connection with the judgment has its echo in the words O-ti-to, "truth" and e-to, "uprightness" or "justice" derived from his name.

[B] The ideas of the Yorubas about heaven are identical in many respects with those held by the worshippers of Osiris. For example, the Yorubas usually say Ole ti aiye ko gba, ti orun ko, "An idle man the world refuses a place and heaven also rejects." Compare this with the statement that the "Osirian heaven had no place for the idle and inactive."

[C] One of the titles of Osiris is "Lord of Zaddu," Zaddu being regarded as the place of the dead. The very word Zaddu in its modified form of Sadu is in use in Yoruba land, and it indicates the abode of the dead.

[D] One of the great objects of terror in early Yoruba land is what is known as Ohun Didu. Even a courageous animal like the lion is said to dread its approach.

Ohun Didu means "something which pertains to Didu," that is the Didu (or the black wooden image) of Osiris. Idols painted black, resembling the Didu of Osiris exist in Yoruba land.

[E] Another name for the abode of the dead where Osiris ruled was Alu. Here was the abode of the Osirified Bull. The Yoruba word for "bull" is malu, which is a contraction of omo-alu, a native of Alu (literally, a child of Alu). The word malu therefore contains an unmistakable reference to the worship of the Osirified Bull (osiris-apis) at Alu.

[F] One of the titles borne by Olorun is Olodumare. The meaning of the component parts are as follows: Ol'odu-ma-re.

The word Odu means "a chief", "an exalted personage". Olodu is its intensive form, indicating completeness.

Ma-re menas "I shall go" or "I must go"

The meaning of Olodumare then is "the Chief or the Exalted One to whom I must go or return".

Now according to Egyptian belief the highest reward which will be given to the good soul is to be permitted "to see God face to face and to lose itself in its ineffable glory".

A return to Osiris followed by identification with him is the desire of every devout worshipper of Osiris.

Olorun may only be reverenced and is hardly worshipped by the Yorubas, except by certain priests. It must be observed that although the faith of Osiris was widespread, his worship was almost entirely the monopoly of the priestly class.

It is not clear why the name of Osiris was not adopted and retained by the Yorubas as the name of their Supreme Deity. The name Osiris, however, is well known to the Yorubas who use it in the sense which shows that they are conversant with the myth of Osiris. The name survives in its original form of Osiri in the expression "gba osiri re" or "da osiri bo o" which means "to plot against an innocent person with a view to murdering him".

===
Esu (pronounced ay-shoo) <-> Set, Shu, Khepera
===

The conception of Esu involves a dualism in which Esu, the supreme power of evil, stands in opposition to Olorun, the most beneficent deity.

With the transference of worship from Olorun to the lesser deities, the antagonism is also transferred to these deities or Orisas.

The Yoruba saying "Esu ni ota orisa", "Esu is the enemy of Orisa" supports this.

Ancient Egyptian religion contains a dualism between Osiris and Set. "Osiris is the good power both morally and in the sphere of outward nature while Set is the embodiment of all that Egyptian regards as evil."

Just as the Yorubas say that "Esu is the enemy of Orisa" so writers on Ancient Egyptian Religion always say that "Set is the enemy of Osiris".

The opposition existed originally between the elder Horus and then between Osiris, and subsequently between the younger Horus on the one hand, and Set on the other hand.

There are three forms of the term orisa: "orisa", "oyisa" and "orise". The word "orisa" may be divided into two parts, ori and sa.

The first part is a modified form of Horu. For example the Egyptian god Horus-Bakhu "the god of the mountain" of the East, survives in Yoruba as Orisa-Beku, signifying "the god of the mountain".

The second part of the word, "se", is derived from Set (the final consonant is elided; this is customary in Yoruba language). The other form "sa" (pronounced 'sha') is the animal representative of Set.

The word ori-sa or ori-se, is therefore a modified form of the word "Horus-Set", the name of a double deity whose worship existed for centuries in Ancient Egypt.

It will be remembered that the double worship of Horus-Set came into existence when the crowns of the two kingdoms were united. Prior to the unification, Horus had become the title or part of the title of the deities worshipped in Southern Egypt, while Set the representative of the North, was widely worshipped there, but was regarded as the enemy of Horus.

The Yoruba migrated from one or more of certain districts in Ancient Egypt where the double worship of Horus-Set persisted.

Further evidence in support of the identification of Esu with Set is supplied by the fact that Esu is represented by a stone. Set was also represented by a stone. Esu is also represented by pillars; so also was Set.

According to Egyptian mythology there was a god named Shu who came forth from the primeval waters. He forcibly separated Sibu, the god of the earth, from Nuit, the goddess of the starry sky. He thus became the god of the space between earth and sky. His representation is that of a god in a kneeling posture holding up the sky with both hands.
-
Later on he became fused with Ra the sun-god, and thus became a sun-god. As a sun-god he was regarded as a beneficent deity and an impersonation of power. He was the life-giver, "The principle which animates matter". Through his benign influence, righteousness and truth reign.

At a later period, however, greater attention was paid to the scorching heat emanating from him than to the animating effect of his rays.

He thus became, as the god of the scorching sun-heat, the dread sun-god, most closely allied to Set; and the ass, the animal of Set, which is also called Shu, appears to have belonged to him as well.

The above considerations show that Shu is regarded both as a benevolent and as a malevolent deity.

The conception of Esu is a fusion of the conception of Set and that of Shu. The Yoruba word "su" (pronounced shu) means "to stretch out over something" and hence "to cover up, to darken".

For example, the Yoruba expression, "Orun su" means "the sky is covered up", that is, with clouds; in other words, clouds have stretched out over the sky. The Yoruba verb meaning "to fall" is "su-bu" (shu-bu), that is, stretch out over or cover up the place (bu - a place, both in Ancient Egyptian language and in Yoruba).

The Yoruba deity thus derives its name and character both from Set, the enemy of Osiris, and from Shu, the sun-god, originally regarded as a beneficent deity and afterwards as the dreaded sun-god closely allied to Set. The reason why Esu is credited with the opposite qualities of beneficence and malevolence thus becomes clear. His beneficence and malevolence are traceable to the conception of Shu, whilst his malevolence is also traceable to Set.

The origin and meaning of Elegbera or Elegbara can be explained when it is remembered that the Shu became a sun-god by being fused into the body of Ra. Ra is known by two other names. As he himself says: "I am Khepera in the morning, Ra at noon, and Tum in the evening". The name of Khepera was also applied to Shu. As a result of this, Elegbera, the alternative name for Esu, is derived from Khepera. Every consonant must have its own vowel in Yoruba, Kh in Khepera is therefore elided, leaving epera. The labial sound p does not exist in Yoruba, p is changed to gb, and the word becomes egbera. To signify fullness or completeness, the initial vowel is reduplicated with an l to give El'egbera

====================
Oba'ufon or Obalufon <-> Typhon
====================

- -
Obalufon II Mask, 11th-12th century., Copper.

This deity has been described as "the god of a prosperous empire", "the god of the peace of the kingdom", or "the Lord of Speech".

Oba'ufon has two parts.

Oba means "king" from Egyptian word "ba", which means "a soul" the king being regarded as the incarnate soul of the people.

'ufon or lufon comes from Typhon. The name Typhon must have been obtained by the Greeks from the Phoenicians, who identified Set with Ziphon, the god of storms. When the word was adopted by the Yorubas the initial consonant letter was elided in keeping with the rule that ebery noun in Yoruba must begin with a vowel.

The compound word Oba'ufon or Obalufon (since the placing of two vowels together is unusual in Yoruba, the letter l is inserted for euphony) is therefore another name for Esu and is derived from Typhon the Grecian name for Set or Sut. Obalufon possesses considerable power ("agbara" in Yoruba) because he is the same god as Set or Shu, who is regarded as an impersonation of power and who has been identified with Esu. During the last century in Yoruba land he was often propitiated with human sacrifices.

Human sacrifices were also linked with the name of Typhon in Ancient Egypt. According to Plutarch, "In Eileithapolis they used to burn living men to ashes ... calling them Typhoneian; and the ashes they winnowed away scattered. This, however, was done publicly and at on special time".

===
Ifa - the god of divination <-> Nefer
===

Derived directly from "nefer", the title of Osiris. Again, every Yoruba noun begins with a vowel. The initial consonant of a noun borrowed from another language either receives a vowel-prefix or is dropped if it is a weak nasal consonant.

nefer becomes 'efer or "ifa" since the sound "er" does not exist in Yoruba, and an "e" sound is represented by "i" in Yoruba.

=======
Obatala - Olorun's vicegerent <-> Khnum
=======

The name Obatala may be divided into three parts, namely, Oba-ti-ala.

Oba means king

ti means "of" or "pertaining to"

ala means "a boundary"

Obatala was formerly a Nile god. The word ala is a modified form of Iatur-au, Iaur-au the Ancient Egyptian name for the Nile. The Ancient Egyptian word becomes Iaro, Ialo in Coptic. Timon, the mathematician, used the very word ala in designating the sources of the Nile which he called Phi-ala, phi being the masculine article in Ancient Egyptian language, and ala being a modified form of Ialo.

Obatala then means "the King of the Nile" in a literal sense and "a Nile god" in a religious sense.

Obatala has been described as "the potter" (Orisa-popo, alamorere), and "Father Greybeard" (Obaba arugbo). The prototype of Obatala is undoubtedly Khnum, who was given titles identical with or similar to those of Obatala, in Egyptian mythology.

=======
Oduduwa - Odu-dua <-> Mut
=======

-
One of our mothers, an elderly priestess of the goddess Odua, Egbado-Yoruba

Odu - "exalted personage"
Dua - "the other world" from Ancient Egyptian word dua-t

Oduduwa means "Mistress of the Other World".

Another name of Oduduwa is Yemeu-u or Yemuhu which means "the living Mut" or "Mother Mut".

Ye is a West African word that means "the living one" or "Mother".

meu-u or muhu is a modified form of "Mut". The letter t is often dropped in Yoruba.

=====
Sango - Jakuta <-> Ptah
=====
Also known as Jakuta, "The Stone Thrower" or "The Fighter with Stone".

Ja-ku-ta means "the living soul (Khu) of Ptah". The Egyptian god Ptah was regarded as incorporate in a stone. The Yoruba word for stone is O-ku-ta, "the soul of Ptah".

====
Ogun <-> Khu
====
O-gu(n) is a modified form of the Egyptian word Khu. Horus, the patron god of several nomes in Ancient Egypt, was known by his worshippers as Khu. Ogun and Horus are both gods of iron and of war, the patron god of hunters and blacksmiths.

Horus has been identified with Nin-ip, the Babylonian sun-god of iron. Yoruba word for iron is i-rin, derived from Nin. Again the rule that every Yoruba word must begin with a vowel applies. Also the letter "r" is often substituted for the letter "n" in Yoruba and some other West African languages.

=========
O-l'-o-sa, "Owner of the lagoon". Sa in Ancient Egyptian language means a pond, a lake.

============
O-l'-o-ku(n), "Owner of the sea".Khu (Ancient Egyptian)== soul. Oku(n) is the Yoruba word for the sea, regarded as the origin of the watery vapor resembling the soul (Khu) of man.

=====
Da-da comes from Da, name of the Egyptian lion-god.

=======
O-shu(n), from Shu, Ancient Egyptian god.

==========
Aje Saluga, "The Living one of Salug", that is, the God of (Wealth) of Salug.

Read:

"The Religion of the Yorubas" by J. Olumide Lucas
"Religion of Ancient Egypt" by A. H. Sayce
"The Opening Up of Africa" by H. H. Johnston

cheesy grin seeing this piece of bullshit again after about 3 years. I've not seen any post as stupid and insulting to Yoruba history and traditions in 3 years

1 Like

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 26, 2018
The so called Moors weren’t Black or at least majority Black. They were predominantly non-black skinned Berber, Arab, Yemeni and Iberian of Muslim background.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by TSOM(m): 6:54pm On Apr 29, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by jbblues24(m): 9:52pm On Jun 01, 2019
Clean colours dude wink
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Eurasianberber: 10:14am On Aug 08, 2023
Incredible sad and delusional. First of all ot is been proven that the berbers are e1b1b which is an indegenous north african Berber dna not carried by bantus ,mixed with eurasian influence. The eurasian influence started 20 thousand years ago with u6 dna and others still today native in north africa but came from asia tens of thousand years ago(back migration). The today Spanish people are heavily mixed with Berber dna, and that is e1b1b . Not sub saharan marker. E1b1b seperated over tens of thousand years ago from other africans long before history. The moors were the most brutal slv trader of the sengalese and other sub saharan groups and were the Main reason for 1300 years saharan slve trade and atlantic slve trade. The morocons still have the same skin or looks like in any authentic picture. We cannot mistake that those pictures used were many times by other european made that never went to spain but simply made a random picture. There were sub saharans enslvd by the moors used in the army and sometimes build an identity yes. But they are not moors. Same with egypt or nubia. Ancient egypt tested mainly eurasian dna, and even pre arab invasion Christian nubia showed 60% eurasian. Which is seen in the ancient paintings of facial structures compared to the mostly eurasian looking egyptian. The biggest influence of sub saharan came through 1300 years of slv trade ,not vice versa. The arab invasion was tiny in number. When did the morocons become arabs if the moors were bantus? Moors were in spain thousand years not too long ago. So what happened after the moors were send back to moroco that changed them to be arabs? There were no such thing as wars Assimilation or mass migration. But i know its wrong to Appeal on logic. We have to use facts. Do a dna test and IT will not come back as african,as nubian or Berber. It will come back as gambian . If a morocon does a dna test it will come back as Berber related to the somali e1b1b people. Even somalis owned bantu slves and were seen by the italians as different. The entire racist lie of stealing Berber history is based on skin color while they still look the same as in the pictures lol.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Eurasianberber: 10:21am On Aug 08, 2023
AdeMarley:

Sir Rossikk I respect you and many Pan Africans on this forum,you all speak the truth as we are all in the journey of self realization, Mrpresidents is also on points as most of us here in southern Nigeria are the the true descendants of the biblical yisrealites,not the fake gentiles that reside there today,our undoing was our sins of idolatry which made way for our punishment today(read debut 281-68,Lev 26,read lamentation of prophet Jeremiah)
We once and will soon rule the world,thats the good job our brother Jantavanta is showing to the masses,not just Europe but the whole WORLD ,the signs are there for the wise to see. Please brothers keep up with the good work don't allow negative comments bring down your vibrations. you may not know it but so many people are getting enlightened by your teachings and contributions. Blessed love
You will not in any Alternative universe on this Planet ever come close to rule the World let alone rule africa. Africa was and still is ruled by the indegenous Berber and the eurasian arab backflow DNA. The indegenous e1b1b Berber somali dna is over 20 thousand years old just like the ancient eurasian arab influence there is over 20 thousand years old shown in u6 dna. Every single history in afr was a mainly eurasian by dna .average egyptian not even just Pharaos were tested as mainly eurasian. In fact todays egyptian are more mixed because of the 1300 years slve trade that caused a small increase in sub saharan dna there. Same with east africa and somali. Even somalis owned bantu slves. And when italians colonized somali they saw somalis as similar to themselves and instead took in bantus to work. Africa is the genetical most diverse continent on this Planet. The second you do a dna test you understand where ur origin is. The jews although mixed with europeans are still the ancient. Just like the palestinians are the ancient from pre historic times with small mixtures. There is no such thing as sub saharan outside of africa other than the aborigines. The first humans that left africa were of a somali dark skinned Euro looking people.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Eurasianberber: 10:37am On Aug 08, 2023
makahlj2:

There are no such thing as bl inventions. First of all the muslims civilized the Berber groups and the majority influence in spain and scientists were arabs or persians(mostly central asians one). There were a few Berber too but as ive already proven berbers were not black. Their skin Was sun adapted the same as it was today. But their dna was e1b1b just like today.there is no difference between a morocon today or a morocon 2000 years ago in dna and looks or any picture. In fact if anything there is more black influence today recently through migration to europe and 1300 saharan slve trade people seem to forget. North africans or east africans never in history were black but from 20 thousand years ago were a result of indegenous e1b1b Berber tribes mixture with ancient back to africa migration from the middle east as seen in u6 dna. This are mali Tuareg where many tribes show over 90% e1b1b Berber dna . As ive said today because of the bantu expansion and the saharan slve trade there is more mixture than in ancient times. Even 15 thousand years old remains of north african shows 2/3 of his dna being from arab levant and european farmer. The semitic language is created and spoken by the semitic people who are all genetic similar, arabs jews Mesopotamia etc. It swapped to east africa too ,which is why up to 60 % of somalis are eurasian origin.the egyptian ancient tested mainly eurasian too. Africa is proven to be the most genetic diverse continent on this earth. To literally claim and entire continent as a tribe is something only someone that doesnt live in africa and is desperate into denying his actual origin and history could do. The truth is seen in a dna test and will set the "kangs" free. Even nubians werent blck but a mixture. Ancient pre arab invasion nubia tested 60% eurasian. But dna does not matter right. If you see an ancient painting of a sun adapted indian ,arab,Berber, or anyone else it means he was not a somali with european Features, not a morocon. But he must clearly be from Gambia. Just crazy that at the actual Lands of kangs there were not kangs and basically anyone came to enslv

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by RowanLain: 3:21am On Aug 14, 2023
Eurasianberber:

You will not in any Alternative universe on this Planet ever come close to rule the World let alone rule africa. Africa was and still is ruled by the indegenous Berber and the eurasian arab backflow DNA. The indegenous e1b1b Berber somali dna is over 20 thousand years old just like the ancient eurasian arab influence there is over 20 thousand years old shown in u6 dna. Every single history in afr was a mainly eurasian by dna .average egyptian not even just Pharaos were tested as mainly eurasian. In fact todays egyptian are more mixed because of the 1300 years slve trade that caused a small increase in sub saharan dna there. Same with east africa and somali. Even somalis owned bantu slves. And when italians colonized somali they saw somalis as similar to themselves and instead took in bantus to work. Africa is the genetical most diverse continent on this Planet. The second you do a dna test you understand where ur origin is. The jews although mixed with europeans are still the ancient. Just like the palestinians are the ancient from pre historic times with small mixtures. There is no such thing as sub saharan outside of africa other than the aborigines. The first humans that left africa were of a somali dark skinned Euro looking people.

If the Italians truly saw Somalis as similar to themselves then clearly Italians held themselves in low regard. Now I certainly understand why the colonizers held the Fulani, Tutsis, Wahinda tribes in such high regard (they basically revered these particular tribes that they referred to as "Hamites" ), they're very intelligent. The British, German, French described them as EXTREMELY intelligent and even strikingly handsome and those appraisals still hold true till this day. However, Somalis couldn't be described as any of those things today (they're probably the most unintelligent, useless, untalented, unproductive, unattractive/deformed people on the planet) so I certainly don't believe that appraisal held true for them in the past. I guarantee very few white people see themselves in Somalis today. Just how I see it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oba Elegushi’s 2nd Wife, Hadiza Steps Into The Palace 6 Months After Wedding / Masquerade, Ajeron, Cleanses Ajegunle Of Coronavirus (Photos) / Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 249
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.