Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Must Read! Our Dear First Lady By Dele Momodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must Read! Our Dear First Lady By Dele Momodu (458 Views)

Tinubu, PDP And The Road To 2019 - By Dele Momodu / Letter To First Lady By Dele Momodu / Another Bomb Droped By Our Dear First Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Read! Our Dear First Lady By Dele Momodu by amakaikeng(f): 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
Piece is written by former presidential aspirant and publisher of Ovation magazine for Thisday. Need I say that it is a rather long, but very interesting and engaging read which will be well worth your time. Happy reading.

Your Excellency please let me start by emphasising the fact that this is my very first letter to you since destiny elevated you and your husband to the highest positions in Nigeria. It may be the last before your tenure expires on May 29, 2015, and another begins with you or someone else in the saddle. Despite all the controversies engulfing you and your husband, I had resisted the temptation of writing you in the past for several, if not many, reasons. Kindly permit me to expatiate a bit.

I’m a great admirer of strong, confident and energetic women who cannot be bullied by the galaxy of male chauvinists that litter the political landscape of Africa. As someone who was brought up by my amazing mum, Omo Arotiwebiojo, an unlettered woman and petty trader, I knew what it took to survive in a particularly difficult terrain. Indeed, whilst some have impugned you for your so-called lack of command of the English language, I have remained partial to you because, like most of us, English is not your first language, and your contributions have enriched our home-grown lexicon! I can therefore imagine what you and our dear beloved President must have gone through together, in thunder, lightning, rain and sunshine. The hurly-burly of life must have thrown you hither and thither when there was no one else around to share in your secret pain and anguish. But it must have pleased God in His infinite mercy to raise you and your husband up, like Jesus did to a dead Lazarus, as original examples of uncommon transformation.

I must say, Ma, that I have a soft spot for you for other reasons. I was told on good authority that you were a more formidable politician and mobiliser of people and resources than your husband. A few of your friends often regale how you have been a solid pillar and a rock of Gibraltar behind the love of your life, Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan. It is said that you’re willing to sacrifice your all for his sake and he has also reciprocated by according you humongous respect and granting you such vast powers that make onlookers see you as a de facto President in your own right. To God be the glory.

I vividly recollect your relationship with the former First Lady, Hajia Turai Yar’Adua. You gave her tremendous respect and your taciturnity was legendary. Not much was heard from you at that time and not many, except probably Bayelsans, ever suspected that you had so much buried inside your heart and that you were only waiting for the opportune time to vomit them. Even in the days of tribulations when the cabal held sway and grabbed our nation by the jugular, you and your husband handled the volatile situation with maturity and remarkable equanimity. Some of us were ready to fight your battle, and risked our lives, because we saw you as the underdogs who must be rescued from the fangs of the political hyenas. We were further emboldened by the facts of your husband’s man-in-the-street story, a fairy-tale of sorts about a man from the Otuoke manger who had no shoes. We were not just titillated but fascinated by such flashes of inspiration.

Continue at the flip... http://www.amakaikenga.com/2015/03/must-read-our-dear-first-lady-by-dele.html

Re: Must Read! Our Dear First Lady By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 07, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Shekau, Your Days Are Numbered - Nigerian Army / Delta PDP Campaign Rally: How Macaulay Political Vanguard, Others Stole The Show / Almajiri Writes Letter To First Lady Patiencejonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.