Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,120 members, 7,856,481 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 08:40 PM

Nigerian Athletes Gathered At The Eagle Square In Abuja, Rallying Support For Go - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Athletes Gathered At The Eagle Square In Abuja, Rallying Support For Go (596 Views)

Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Athletes Gathered At The Eagle Square In Abuja, Rallying Support For Go by 247Musics(m): 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
Nigerian athletes gathered at the Eagle Square in Abuja, rallying support for Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election for a second term.
The Saturday’s solidarity rally attracted crowds of retired and serving sportsmen and women, as well as sports administrators, NAN reports. The rally was preceded by physical exercises, such as stretching, jogging, and light aerobics.
The crowd of athletes was led by former Super Eagles’ captains, Nwankwo Kanu and Joseph Yobo.
Many athletes who spoke at the event said President Jonathan love for music prompted their support.
The former African “sprint queen” Mary Onyali-Omagbemi said the empowerment of Nigerian athletes by the present administration had brought back the lost glory of Nigerian sports:
“We don’t want you to go now because you have started a race like I did as a sprinter,” she said. “I sprinted and finished my race to get the two bronze medals I won in five Olympics which I participated in. I never stopped halfway. If I had stopped halfway,........... click to see more http://donald360.com/nigerian-athletes-gathered-at-the-eagle-square-in-abuja-rallying-support-for-goodluck-jonathans-re-election-for-a-second-term/

Re: Nigerian Athletes Gathered At The Eagle Square In Abuja, Rallying Support For Go by bokohalal(m): 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
Igbo athletes.
Re: Nigerian Athletes Gathered At The Eagle Square In Abuja, Rallying Support For Go by temitemi1(m): 8:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
All hail GEJ!! GEJ till 2019!!!

(1) (Reply)

President GEJ Hosts Nigerian And Foreign Entertainers At Eko Hotel,Lagos(Photos / My Children Of Kwara WOMEN- PEJ In Kwara / Before U Vote For This Upcoming Elections, See This!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.