Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive (2381 Views)

12 Phrases You Wil NEVER Get Unless You Learnt How To Drive In Nigeria. / Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / Nissan Primera Gear Takes A While To Shift From Park (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 9:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hello guys please my car refuses to move from park to drive so I consulted my manual and had to pull a little rubber close to the P which is park I pressed the button so it left d P and it entered D so I got home safely but again I tried to drive out again and is still stiff please guys will dis normalise it self or I need to consult a mech to help fix the problem pls help ur guy THANKS the car is pencil light camry 1999 modern
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by Tobiizzy(m): 9:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
Do your brake lights work?
Could be your brake light switch
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 10:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
Tobiizzy:
Do your brake lights work?
Could be your brake light switch
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by DaBullIT(m): 10:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
Stop trying methods that'll harm your car and buy transmission fluid, fill up your gear box and try again
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 10:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
Thanks for ur response Toblizzy the brake lights are working pls more advice is needed kindly help cos I am so confused thanks await ur response
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 07, 2015
most probably gear oil
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 10:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
edozie04:
most probably gear oil
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
Thnks for ur response sir pls which of the oil are u refering to pls can u throw more light on this for I am still a learner in auto world pls more suggestion need plsss
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by DECOtech(m): 11:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
charly24:
Thnks for ur response sir pls which of the oil are u refering to pls can u throw more light on this for I am still a learner in auto world pls more suggestion need plsss

Calm down. Its not an oil issue. it is electrical.

the guy who asked you about your brake-light was not pulling your legs. he was serious.

Ur brake-light switch activates a solenoid that locks and unlocks your selector while its at the "P" position. That's the reason you have to step on your brake pedal each time you want to pull out of "P". If that switch goes bad, the lock/unlock solenoid will not work.

So, in a case where your brake-light works, which means the brake-light switch is working, and your selector is still locked in the "P" position, it could then mean one out of two things; either the wire of the solenoid is disconnected or the solenoid itself has gone bad.

your technician needs to know what he's doing to be able to diagnose and properly fix this simple issue or else, he will end up robbing your car of that selector locking (safety) mechanism.

Take care.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 11:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
DECOtech:

the guy who asked you about your brake-light was not pulling your legs. he was serious.

Ur brake-light switch activates a solenoid that locks and unlocks your selector while its at the "P" position. That's the reason you have to step on your brake pedal each time you want to pull out of "P". If that switch goes bad, the lock/unlock solenoid will not work.

So, in a case where your brake-light works, which means the brake-light switch is working, and your selector is still locked in the "P" position, it could then mean one out of two things; either the wire of the solenoid is disconnected or the solenoid itself has gone bad.

your technician needs to know what he's doing to be able to diagnose and properly fix this simple issue or else, he will end up robbing your car of that selector locking (safety) mechanism.

Take care.
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 11:27pm On Mar 07, 2015
Sir thnk U so much as a matter of fact the car over heated which made d tempreture to raise very close to the red level in the tempereture reader so I parked only to discover my fan was not working sir cud dis also hv contributed to This fault? Thanks so much await ur responce
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by DECOtech(m): 11:53pm On Mar 07, 2015
charly24:
Sir thnk U so much as a matter of fact the car over heated which made d tempreture to raise very close to the red level in the tempereture reader so I parked only to discover my fan was not working sir cud dis also hv contributed to This fault? Thanks so much await ur responce

Does your fan run continuously or intermittently?
How long did you drive the car before it overheated?
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 11:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
DECOtech:

Does your fan run continuously or intermittently?
How long did you drive the car before it overheated?
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by DECOtech(m): 12:00am On Mar 08, 2015
charly24:
-
Waiting for your answer, sleep de worry me
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 12:02am On Mar 08, 2015
Sir it use to run continously as soon as d ignition is on I drove d car let's say like 10 to 15mins b4 I noticed d heat sir
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by DECOtech(m): 12:05am On Mar 08, 2015
charly24:
Sir it use to run continously as soon as d ignition is on I drove d car let's say like 10 to 15mins b4 I noticed d heat sir

Ok, that means you have an electrical fault somewhere. your technician should start from your fuses. Just calm down, there's no cause for alarm.
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 12:06am On Mar 08, 2015
DECOtech:

Ok, that means you have an electrical fault somewhere. your technician should start from your fuses. Just calm down, there's no cause for alarm.
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 12:08am On Mar 08, 2015
Hhmm thank u sir I will check it in d morning I will update u sir wen fixed God bless u.
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by abidemidare: 6:17am On Mar 08, 2015
[quote author=charly24 post=31407952][/quote]

Is it normal for the two fans to run continuously?
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 08, 2015
charly24:
Charly, where are you residing? If you're in Lagos, speak to Gazzuzz plead with him to help you connect your fan back to factory specs. When he's done, appreciate him with an appropriate gift.

Your fan is never intended to run continuously.
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 9:34am On Mar 08, 2015
DECOtech:

Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 9:36am On Mar 08, 2015
Yes it was actually electrical problem a fuse so it has been fixed now and d car is ok thank u boss hailings
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 9:42am On Mar 08, 2015
lomomike:

Charly, where are you residing? If you're in Lagos, speak to Gazzuzz plead with him to help you connect your fan back to factory specs. When he's done, appreciate him with an appropriate gift.

Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by charly24: 9:50am On Mar 08, 2015
Yes it run continously as soon as d ignition is on but goes off wen the engine is off is it abnormal? And if yes can I also get a tech around here to get it return to factory setting cos am based in benin if I was in lagos I wud hv called gazzuzz to help me sir pls wot do u tik is wrong for it to hv been working this way cos I bought d car frm a friend abt 6months ago thanks waiting for response boss
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
charly24:
Yes it run continously as soon as d ignition is on but goes off wen the engine is off is it abnormal? And if yes can I also get a tech around here to get it return to factory setting cos am based in benin if I was in lagos I wud hv called gazzuzz to help me sir pls wot do u tik is wrong for it to hv been working this way cos I bought d car frm a friend abt 6months ago thanks waiting for response boss

If I were in your shoes, I'd travel to Lagos and visit Gazzuzz (with a good appreciation of course). cool
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by abidemidare: 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
lomomike:

Pls can I have Gazzuzz contact? I base in Lagos.

Thanks
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by layday2005: 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
DECOtech:

DECOtech May God Almighty continue to be with you. You have helped the guy solve the prob. All he need it to get a good electrician that understands the car very well. The guy should check fuse that supplies current to the gear.

Take care.
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by DECOtech(m): 7:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
It is not normal
abidemidare:

Is it normal for the two fans to run continuously?
Re: Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive by iyimide(m): 9:19am On Mar 14, 2015
Gear oil or gear brain box for vw cars

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Murano.. Please Why Do People Run Away From This Car? / Help! My 2009 Toyota Corolla Is Not Shifting To Gear 4 / Made In Nigeria Car pix and video included

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.