Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,353 members, 7,829,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. (3786 Views)

PDP Is Buying Technology That Can Disable Inec's Card Readers -APC / INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience / Picture Of INEC Card Reader Reading A PVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:43am On Mar 08, 2015
The test run conducted yesterday on the card readers in some selected states in the six geopolitical zones were successful in some states like Lagos and Delta while it was a huge failure in Kano.
Kano is one of the states in Nigeria with the highest collection of PVCs and it will be worrisome if many voters will be disenfranchized because the card readers rejected their PVCs during the election. This will surely affect votes in favour of APC from Kano state which is an APC state.

If the test run of the card readers in Kano was a failure,there's every probability that other northern states with APC stronghold might be affected too.

Card readers might reduce the chances of rigging but at the same time disenfranchize so many voters especially from the north. The latter should be of more concern to APC.

APC supporters what do you think?

Cc
Obiagelli,sincerenigerian,ibnsultan,orlandoowoh,demdem,cleverly,egift,koboko69,Gbawe,keneking,sachris...etc

1 Like

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by DickDastardly(m): 6:49am On Mar 08, 2015
As a devoted APC supporter i strongly oppose this your opinion cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:51am On Mar 08, 2015
DickDastardly:
you are not an APC supporter and please don't derail this thread. I need mature contributions.

5 Likes

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by DickDastardly(m): 6:57am On Mar 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
you are not an APC supporter and please don't derail this thread. I need mature contributions.
But your tsunami of CHANGE has hit me. Or are u chasing me back to PDP? undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by galadima77(m): 7:00am On Mar 08, 2015
thats what d mock exercise was meant to unravel, just so such shortcomings can be corrected... i still prefer d card reader to situations where u'd have 100 percent vote cast or rigged in favor one candidate.

U dont know there are communities where one or two persons cast votes on behalf of the entire village.

6 Likes

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by appini: 7:02am On Mar 08, 2015
@op, it seems the coast is getting clearer now. Ride on
Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by PassingShot(m): 7:03am On Mar 08, 2015
In my opinion, the outcome of the exercise, especially in Kano is not enough reason to jettison the use of the card reader. If anything, it has given INEC a good assignment to be occupied with before the election. INEC should find a way around this challenge and go ahead to use the card reader as this is the only way to bring credibility to this election.

We must not be seen to be supporting only that which favours us or our positions. Rather, we should be supporting and clamoring for initiative that improves our system and advance our democracy.

However, if INEC is unable to fix the problems observed during this test run before the March election, then the card reader should be dropped for now and used in future elections.

There could also be another arrangement to verify those who cannot be verified with the card reader. In that case, only when the card reader has failed to verify a voter should such alternative arrangement be used. This will ensure that no electorate is disenfranchised at the poll for no fault of his.

9 Likes

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:06am On Mar 08, 2015
galadima77:
thats what d mock exercise was meant to unravel, just so such shortcomings can be corrected... i still prefer d card reader to situations where u'd have 100 percent vote cast or rigged in favor one candidate.

U dont know there are communities where one or two persons cast votes on behalf of the entire village.
one of the reasons it was rumoured why the card read test run failed in kano was because of the tattoo on the hands of some female voters. Will the state governments in the north stop the women from applying lele on their hands till after the elections?
I think something has to be done about it or else,so many people will not be able to vote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by onatisi(m): 7:06am On Mar 08, 2015
@op, mark my words today and quote me on the 29 of march. This card reader stuff is what is going to destroy apc .just wait and see . Cc : bayswater, MOGIDI

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by tit(f): 7:07am On Mar 08, 2015
all of you saying they should use card reader are muguns.
this is not time for trial and error.
it is like a give you a gun you have not fire before and tell you to face boko haram.
Mallam Shekau wil make video of you and post it for ISIS to like him more.

Do not be rude.
forget this card reader for now.
it cannot work for free and fair elections

7 Likes

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by ogb5(m): 7:09am On Mar 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
The test run conducted yesterday on the card readers in some selected states in the six geopolitical zones were successful in some states like Lagos and Delta while it was a huge failure in Kano.
Kano is one of the states in Nigeria with the highest collection of PVCs and it will be worrisome if many voters will be disenfranchized because the card readers rejected their PVCs during the election. This will surely affect votes in favour of APC from Kano state which is an APC state.

If the test run of the card readers in Kano was a failure,there's every probability that other northern states with APC stronghold might be affected too.

Card readers might reduce the chances of rigging but at the same time disenfranchize so many voters especially from the north. The latter should be of more concern to APC.

Cc
Obiagelli,sincerenigerian,ibnsultan,orlandoowoh,demdem,cleverly,egift,koboko69,Gbawe,keneking,sachris...etc

If all Nigerians think like you, then the country is in trouble. So because the card readers might reduce votes in APC strongholds you are now against it.

You did not check whether the votes reduced in Kano were from the cards kept aside for rigging.

Note that the card reader is designed to reduce votes.

Multiple votes, proxy votes, under age votes are some of the votes to be targeted for reduction. So try to be patriotic and support initiatives that will help in eliminate vote rigging.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:11am On Mar 08, 2015
PassingShot:
In my opinion, the outcome of the exercise, especially in Kano is not enough reason to jettison the use of the card reader. If anything, it has given INEC a good assignment to be occupied with before the election. INEC should find a way around this challenge and go ahead to use the card reader as this is the only way to bring credibility to this election.

We must not be seen to be supporting only that which favours us or our positions. Rather, we should be supporting and clamoring for initiative that improves our system and advance our democracy.

However, if INEC is unable to fix the problems observed during this test run before the March election, then the card reader should be dropped for future elections.

There could also be another arrangement to verify those who cannot be verified with the card reader. In that case, only when the card reader has failed to verify a voter should such alternative arrangement be used. This will ensure that no electorate is disenfranchised at the poll for no fault of his.

You are absolutely right but at the same time,disenfachizing voters in our strongholds should be our concern.
Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:11am On Mar 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

Cc
From what I watched on Channels, the problem in Kano State was just at its early stage. But as the exercise progressed, it was perfected. From the thread of Sincerenigerian yesterday, it was said that the failure of the machines was due to the ink and other colours that some northern women use for beautification. The challenge now before the progressives in Kano State and in fact all northern states, is for the various chapters of the APC to sensitize the electorate, especialky discouraging them from using the said beautification ink or substance in their fingers days before the election. On a lighter note now, during the APC rally in Ibadan, the South West coordinator and Governor of Osun State, Rauf Aregbesola pleaded with men to abstain from sèx with their wives on the eves of the two election days. This is to ensure that the women have the stamina to file to vote.
Berem, entertain no fear. We can't reduce ourselves to the level of Fani-Kayode, Fayose and Metuh.

3 Likes

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:16am On Mar 08, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

From what I watched on Channels, the problem in Kano State was just at its early stage. But as the exercise progressed, it was perfected. From the thread of Sincerenigerian yesterday, it was said that the failure of the machines was due to the ink and other colours that some northern women use for beautification. The challenge now before the progressives in Kano State and in fact all northern states, is for the various chapters of the APC to sensitize the electorate, especialky discouraging them from using the said beautification ink or substance in their fingers days before the election. On a lighter note now, during the APC rally in Ibadan, the South West coordinator and Governor of Osun State, Rauf Aregbesola pleaded with men to abstain from sèx with their wives on the eves of the two election days. This is to ensure that the women have the stamina to file to vote.
Berem, entertain no fear. We can't reduce ourselves to the level of Fani-Kayode, Fayose and Metuh.
APC really need to sensitize the voters. I really don't want anything to reduce our chances of winning this election.

4 Likes

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:19am On Mar 08, 2015
ogb5:

If all Nigerians think like you, then the country is in trouble. So because the card readers might reduce votes in APC strongholds you are now against it.

You did not check whether the votes reduced in Kano were from the cards kept aside for rigging.

Note that the card reader is designed to reduce votes.

Multiple votes, proxy votes, under age votes are some of the votes to be targeted for reduction. So try to be patriotic and support initiatives that will help in eliminate vote rigging.
that is absolutely false.
Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by klodike(m): 7:22am On Mar 08, 2015
Another selfish thread. Well that's a characteristic of a BLACK......

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 08, 2015
When the PDP were raising alarm over concerns that the card reader might malfunction on election day, many nigerians and the APC said they were against the card reader cause they wanted to rig the election. That you an opposition doesn't mean one would not be reasonable. Now u re saying it can defranchise APC states. That is why I hate Nigerian politics. It makes Nigerians very unreasonable. They politicize even their brains.

13 Likes

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by PassingShot(m): 7:23am On Mar 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
You are absolutely right but at the same time,disenfachizing voters in our strongholds should be our concern.

Correct too but I have suggested ways to ensure that no one is disenfranchised.
Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by onatisi(m): 7:23am On Mar 08, 2015
tit:
it is like a give you a gun you have not fire before and tell you to face boko haram.

Do not be rude.
leave dem, by the 29th of march ,dem eyes go clear. Noone is against card readers been used but against it usage in a presidential election without first been tested rigorously in maybe a governorship election or any other election before so as to perfect the system and secondly considering how inefficient inec can be during elections . I am definitely sure midway into the elections when the card readers starts malfunctioning and voters starts threatening to kill inec staff if they aren't allowed to vote,the card readers will be set aside just to save lives. That is when another legal problem will emerge of why some used readers and others didn't. But whatever the case is ,pdp will still win massively and convincingly.

9 Likes

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

Cc
Even though i didnt watch the test run on tv, i think inec and the political parties should educate the women in the North to get those paintings off their thumbs before election date. The only problem is that it takes about 2 weeks before those paintings fade off, i don't know if they have something that can clean them off immediately (maybe nail remover). Inec may need to provide it on election day. I think we need card readers.
Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by francizy(m): 7:27am On Mar 08, 2015
DickDastardly:

But your tsunami of CHANGE has hit me. Or are u chasing me back to PDP? undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

MzJackBaueress:

If you think he's derailing your thread, by saying this:

DickDastardly:

Then what do you have to say about this:

drkay12:
PREMATURE EJACULATIONN IS OVER!!!
Do you have problems with premature ejaculation?
Are you unable to last more than a few minutes in bed?
Have you ever felt embarrassed after having sexx?
Has a woman ever made fun of you because of your poor "performance" in
bed?
Has a woman ever dumped you because you didn't satisfy her in bed?
Do you lack sexual confidence when you are around women?
IF YES, Then Logon To W WW. E N D P E . T K

Well, my contribution

All these while you people have been against postponement but now you can agree with INEC and PDP that it was right to postponed the election.

I recalled Barcanister saying that TVC should be used since some supposed PDP supporters were denied of PVC but you guys objected to it, so why do we now abandon the card reader-PVC just because it didn't favour APC?

We should all learn to walk in unison and not object only when the situation isn't favourable to us.

My take (probably expecting some bashing)..

2 Likes

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by Rad1cal: 7:30am On Mar 08, 2015
Keep quiet you OP

2 Likes

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by disloman(m): 7:32am On Mar 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
one of the reasons it was rumoured why the card read test run failed in kano was because of the tattoo on the hands of some female voters. Will the state governments in the north stop the women from applying lele on their hands till after the elections?
I think something has to be done about it or else,so many people will not be able to vote.
It wasn't rumoured.D civil societies comfirmed it.people coming frm farm,tatoo hands n some pple,their fingerprints can't b capture due 2 d nature of their jobs.D card readers should still b used cos it detect rigging which was comfirmed when a card was rejected cos d card brought was rejected cos d owner wasn't d man that brought it.Card reader is d best cos i will preferred a thousand votes counted n accounted 4 2 a thousand votes n tell us ten thousand voted.
Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 08, 2015
Ur opinion is on pnt
But I believe the use of Card readers is important as it will prevent rigging
Well the readers had some prblm if it can be fix Good
The party has d last say
MzJackBaueress we have a very big prblm. We don't configure tngs to work in our peculiar environment. INEC should have know that in Nigeria. Most of our ppl engage in hand craft or jobs
Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by disloman(m): 7:38am On Mar 08, 2015
tit:

Do not be rude.
I don't xpect ur brain 2 comprehend what its bn discussed here.D solution here is 4 d voters 2 come with a clean hands 2 d polling units.

1 Like

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:39am On Mar 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

That is balderdash. The reason the card reader failed in the North is because so many underaged children and mercenaries were imported from neighbouring countries to register as voters in order to obtain PVCs which the perpetrators intended to use to rig the election. In some cases, palm kernels were alleged to have been used to 'thumbprint' the registers.

Now, the perpetrators have collected the PVCs and issued it randomly to people who were not the original registrants and the card reader has rejected their fingerprints as they do not belong to the original registrants.

I now see the benefit in the use of the card readers and they must be used.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Hypocrite you are only concerned because it failed massively in kano.If the failure was recorded in Enugu or Akwa ibom,you wouldn't have been bothered

12 Likes

Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by chemali: 7:41am On Mar 08, 2015
The card readers should be utilized for all the elections. Contingency has been put in place by INEC to forestall issues of fingerprints not being read. The cards however have to be validated! Were there issues of genuine invalidated cards? Or just issues of fingerprints not being read? As long as you have your genuine PVC, you will not be disenfranchised.
Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by mrmetoo1: 7:42am On Mar 08, 2015
The card readers are essential in this election. We know how desperate the PDP are and right now this is the best chance we have from them rigging this thing massively. The exercise was good because it showed the the problems they're likely to encounter so they need to start educating people especially in the north. Besides it was a huge success everywhere else. Like people have said, we need to look beyond our interest to move this country forward.
Re: Discussion Thread On The Reliablity Of INEC Card Readers. by mrmetoo1: 7:45am On Mar 08, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

That is balderdash. The reason the card reader failed in the North is because so many underaged children and mercenaries were imported from neighbouring countries to register as voters in order to obtain PVCs which the perpetrators intended to use to rig the election. In some cases, palm kernels were alleged to have been used to 'thumbprint' the registers.

Now, the perpetrators have collected the PVCs and issued it randomly to people who were not the original registrants and the card reader has rejected their fingerprints as they do not belong to the original registrants.

I now see the benefit in the use of the card readers and they must be used.

Lol!! Where do you get your own news from? Anyway as long as well all agree that the card reader has to be used, it's all good.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Allison Madueke Is Dead?? / Photo Of Goodluck Johnathan Lecturing His Students At Uniport. / Nothing Can Stop Biafra, Let Buhari Learn To Be A Civilized Man – Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.