Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? (3902 Views)

Exact Description Not Show On Google Search Result / Does Vogue Pay Now Accept Other Currencies? / How Is good is Payconnect and lhpay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by moderatorr1: 11:38am On Mar 08, 2015
Their websites are identical, the exact same picture slides, buttons , and services etc
And they are both advertising as different companies.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 08, 2015
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by moderatorr1: 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
coolsix:

Good day sir,

Lhpay.net is an entity registered in Cyprus and owned by LoadedHost LLC (Registered Business In the US) and it is not affiliated with Voguepay in anyway.

The services rendered are far from the same. Although it's the same payment processing but LHPAY offers Merchant Services which Vogue pay does not e.g Virtual Terminal, PCI DSS, Credit Card Processing APIs, eCheck Payments and ACH Direct.

So they are far from the same.. Voguepay is an aggregate of Interswitch (reseller) .. LHPay is a Merchant Provider approved by Master Card , Visa and Discover. (We don't process payments with Interswitch)

Regarding the website being same... I guess the website developer used a similar template. Lhpay is not with Voguepay.

Although a partnership anytime soon would be great though smiley

Not convincing enough.
HEre are the pictures of the 2 sites - identical.

Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
moderatorr1:

Not convincing enough.
HEre are the pictures of the 2 sites - identical.

Well, like i said sir, both companies are not together.. Same image used on the homepage does not necessarily mean they are together.

smiley

Apply for LHPay: https://www.lhpay.net
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by sarutobi: 5:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
It will be difficult to take you seriously if your site looks like the complete replica of a payment processor pple already know.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by halimat1985(f): 8:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
Who copied who?
Its either they both used the same template or one copied the other. In case of the latter, i think LHPay would have copied VoguePay for the following reasons:

Lhpay.net is an entity registered in Cyprus and owned by LoadedHost LLC (Registered Business In the US)
Why is a cyprus and US portal using the image of 2 black people only? This would be understandable for Voguepay that is a Nigerian company but for LHPay which even has an indian tld in its logo, using 2 black people doesn't make any sense if you are aiming at India, US and Cyprus.

2. VoguePay was created 3 years before LHPay. Hmmmn.

Domain Name: LHPAY.NET
Registrar: PDR LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Creation Date: 16-may-2014

Domain Name: VOGUEPAY.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Creation Date: 22-oct-2011

3. LHPay does not validate with W3C validator on http://validator.w3.org/ but voguepay does. IMHO, This may be that LHPay was an hurriedly put together version of Voguepay.

4. LHPay's homepage is 10 times slower than VoguePay's homepage (according to alexa.com) which may mean that LHPay's template is not properly optimized when they copied it.

However, there's also a possibility that they both used the same template.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by GodMode: 9:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
halimat1985:
Who copied who?
Its either they both used the same template or one copied the other. In case of the latter, i think LHPay would have copied VoguePay for the following reasons:

Why is a cyprus and US portal using the image of 2 black people only? This would be understandable for Voguepay that is a Nigerian company but for LHPay which even has an indian tld in its logo, using 2 black people doesn't make any sense if you are aiming at India, US and Cyprus.

3. LHPay does not validate with W3C validator on http://validator.w3.org/ but voguepay does. IMHO, This may be that LHPay was an hurriedly put together version of Voguepay.

4. LHPay's homepage is 10 times slower than VoguePay's homepage (according to alexa.com) which may mean that LHPay's template is not properly optimized when they copied it.

What type of woman are you

Its rare for a "Nigerian" woman to know this much about the internet...
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Kunlayd: 10:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
coolsix:

Good day sir,

Lhpay.net is an entity registered in Cyprus and owned by LoadedHost LLC (Registered Business In the US) and it is not affiliated with Voguepay in anyway.

The services rendered are far from the same. Although it's the same payment processing but LHPAY offers Merchant Services which Vogue pay does not e.g Virtual Terminal, PCI DSS, Credit Card Processing APIs, eCheck Payments and ACH Direct.

So they are far from the same.. Voguepay is an aggregate of Interswitch (reseller) .. LHPay is a Merchant Provider approved by Master Card , Visa and Discover. (We don't process payments with Interswitch)

Regarding the website being same... I guess the website developer used a similar template. Lhpay is not with Voguepay.

Although a partnership anytime soon would be great though smiley

I think it is safe to assume that you are either one of the lhpay partners, owners or staff. Now you have a lot of explaining to do to us here at Nairaland. If you are any of all, how come there is no Nigerian address for lhpay and you are here? If you are not, how come you are sure of a partnership without being a senior member of lhpay?
You posted that reply and now, when I checked your site, the image has been quickly changed? Ordinarily, i would expect a company to consider how such quickfire changes will affect their business before they make it at all. This happened too fast, this thread is less than 24 hours old. I think it is obvious who copied who. The only question should then be why.

Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Kunlayd: 10:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
halimat1985:
Who copied who?

Where have you been halimat? I have not been seeing your tech analysis on this forum lately
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 09, 2015
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by moderatorr1: 6:38am On Mar 09, 2015
halimat1985:
Who copied who?

No no no no this can not be a lady.
Proly a man using a woman's handle. smiley
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Nuralaexy: 8:58am On Mar 09, 2015
I use to think people salvage pride in originality, but in this case its a different ball game. Why would a foreign website site, outside the shores of Africa develop a site (payment processor) with blacks in its image, hmmmm.....? Even to the extent of changing the image after so much lashing and lambasting here. Many questions and no answer. Coolsix, U should better start talking.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by needinfo: 9:37am On Mar 09, 2015
Cyprus is another fraudulent state which one have to be careful of.i thought this guys were nigerians.one of to be careful with most of this self claim payment processors.if anything goes wrong, one have to go to cyprus to lay compain.master and visa card is a very sensitive data which one have to secure to avoid unauthorised use.guys becareful not to fall victims because something is fishy
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Kunlayd: 10:06am On Mar 09, 2015
tubiz:
I just noticed some things on your website that needs to be changed before we can believe this is not another payment gateway that will disappear in some months time.

1. You don't have a contact address on your website, how do you expect us to trust you with our money when we don't know where your physical office is located. All what you have on the contact from on your website is just your mobile no, email address and a contact form.
2. You are using a WHOIS guard to hide the registrant details of the domain lhpay.net. It seems you are trying to stay anonymous.
3. Why does my website have to be hosted by LHPay before I can apply for LHPayments Pro, you are meant to be a payment gateway not a web hosting company.
4. We need to know you are a duly registered with the CAC, there is nothing like that on your site, we don't even know the owner of the site for starters.
5. Why do we have to pay the setup fee in $ and not in Naira?

All this questions need to be answered thoroughly before you can be taken seriously.

But kudos on what you have there.

nawebco:
do i need to contact you? when my money suddenly disppeared with you. if not for the quick intervention of Paypal before my money was refunded. I was just asking to know other peoples experience.

I saw these when trying to dig up my first encounter with lhpay. Oga, I see you have made changes and still not bold enough to display your Nigerian address. How come you haven't replied?
Kunlayd:

Just checked lhpay and they have no contact details whatsoever. Not even an ordinary phone number. And same applies to your site whsms too. Are you not just another scammer looking to take advantage of people?

We really need to be careful. I doubt if this lhpay was set up with good intentions at all...
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
I would like us to clear the air as soon as possible. Because i can see that just one image* has turned to something else:

- We have no public Nigerian address as we are located in Cyprus! This is our Cyprian Address as you may pay us a visit anytime:
6/7 AB, 2nd Floor
PNT Ave, Palekhori
Cyprus
P: (+357)-222-32358

USA
====
127, Caledonia Street
Santa Cruz,
California, United States
P:+1-(559)-618-4120

-

We really need to be careful. I doubt if this lhpay was set up with good intentions at all...

Sir, a picture on our website which we realized that it belonged to another website and removed the picture does not state that we have no good intentions. I do not understand what information you want from lhpay. All necessary information a payment processor should display to the public is displayed. Our Phone Numbers, Office Addresses(USA and Cyprus), we even have a Demo on our website to show the world how we process cards so they know how we work before they apply. What else have we done wrong sir?

Our Head Website, (https://www.loadedhost.com) is PCI DSS and PCI Level 1 Compliant, if we have bad intentions, would PCI Certify our Company? Check our website and you should see our PCI Certification Pasted at the footer.

I am resting my case on this issue as we have done what is right by taking down the picture without arguing. I only commented above to tell the OP that LHPay is not with Voguepay. I never spoke about the picture and i had our developer remove the picture immediately and replace it.

If you think we should have done something else, please let us know.

Good day!
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by CreativeWeb(m): 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
I can see senselessness in most people that came here to wag their tongue even the op. The image in question is a stock photo, which any person can buy and use. Does voguepay has an exclusive right to the image? if thousands of websites can use one wordpress theme, what stops two websites using same image? Look, if you really want to stand out in terms of images, then you wil have to employ a photographer to shoot custom pictures for you. Except that, then stock images can be used by multiple people.

Some said we should avoid lhpay because it's registered in Cyprus, which is a 'fruadalent' country. Bullsh!t. Is Nigeria where voguepay is domiciled not known for fraudalent activities?

The company may be registered abroad and has offices abroad and still target Nigeria. 2cocheckout.com doesnt have office in Nigeria, but it targets Nigeria. lhpay may be targeting worldwide, while voguepay maybe targeting only nigeria. And if lhpay targets world wide, then it's not out of place to use image of black people today and probably use picture of white people morrow.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Kunlayd: 8:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
Oops! Sorry @Coolsix. You have done well actually. Just concerned cos I grew interest in knowing more about lhpay and that is why I searched Nairaland for our earlier discussion. Just to satisfy my curiosity however, are you Nigerian, Cypriot or American? I suppose that should be a harmless question?
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kunlayd:
Oops! Sorry @Coolsix. You have done well actually. Just concerned cos I grew interest in knowing more about lhpay and that is why I searched Nairaland for our earlier discussion. Just to satisfy my curiosity however, are you Nigerian, Cypriot or American? I suppose that should be a harmless question?

For your curiosity sir, This Nairaland account is operated by Any Staff of LHPay and its not restricted to one person.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by onyengbu: 11:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
Some people who have never built anything from the scratch find it very easy to destroy what others built. I am not siding lhpay but people should make extensive investigations and come up with concrete evidence before coming here to attack peoples business.
It will be such a tragedy to have someone's business destroyed because some teenagers on nairaland are feeling like detectives simply because they did some minor googling.
It is very easy to destroy than to build guys!

1 Like

Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by moderatorr1: 4:26am On Mar 10, 2015
CreativeWeb:
I can see senselessness in most people that came here to wag their tongue even the op. The image in question is a stock photo, which any person can buy and use. Does voguepay has an exclusive right to the image? if thousands of websites can use one wordpress theme, what stops two websites using same image? Look, if you really want to stand out in terms of images, then you wil have to employ a photographer to shoot custom pictures for you. Except that, then stock images can be used by multiple people.

Some said we should avoid lhpay because it's registered in Cyprus, which is a 'fruadalent' country. Bullsh!t. Is Nigeria where voguepay is domiciled not known for fraudalent activities?

The company may be registered abroad and has offices abroad and still target Nigeria. 2cocheckout.com doesnt have office in Nigeria, but it targets Nigeria. lhpay may be targeting worldwide, while voguepay maybe targeting only nigeria. And if lhpay targets world wide, then it's not out of place to use image of black people today and probably use picture of white people morrow.
Its not even about the image, the sites are identical in everything - design, layout , services that's my point.
Imagine Facebook looking like twitter. With the exact same picture slides on log in page smiley
I have not used lhpay to know if its fraudulent or not.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by CreativeWeb(m): 4:53am On Mar 10, 2015
Even if they are identical, does that mean anything? And yet, i know they are not totally identical. I see people here parading forums that identical with Nairaland. Does that pose any problem? Go to freelancer.com and you see people even requesting developers to develop a clone of freelancer.com for them. Will that make freelancer.com block them, no? A business can have a clone of another business simply for competition or to lavarage on the success and popluarity of the business. It's like nissan and toyota coming up with almost identical car design. It's for competition and saying, if you can do it, we can do it also.

As for halimat1985 that you guys ar celebrating his childishness, let me point out that all his analyses are rubb!sh.

1. A cyprus and Us whatever can use image of black people. Are there no blacks in these two countries.

2. Voguepay registered before lhpay, does been the first to register means been the first to use an image? Did voguepay started using this image the day it was registered?

3. w3 validator? Pls check facebook to see if it validates?

4. alexa speed crap.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by halimat1985(f): 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
Kunlayd:
Where have you been halimat? I have not been seeing your tech analysis on this forum lately
You get job for me?

Now for those who are surprised that a lady can make tech analysis, here's more:

1. Using same image, same design and even google fonts is more than a coincidence for a payment processor. A payment processor is not a blog or forum where you can just install an opensource solution and get templates. Every line of html, css, javascript and probably php will have to be carefully planned. I have checked both sites and they were both developed from scratch. None of them used a commercial or opensource payment processing app. Verify this with http://builtwith.com/

2. LHPay had a logo that indicates LHPay.in (.in is for india) and they claim they are in USA and Cyprus but they are using same image, design, fonts e.t.c with a Nigerian company. The black people in the image are not typical of Indian or European or American company. Who is deceiving who? A real company will consider its market, this will influence its strategy which includes design. if i owned LHPay, i would use an image that contained mixed races.

3. They quickly changed their picture after i posted my analysis. Seems like they were awaiting my post. lols.

4. They claim nairaland account is operated by Any Staff of LHPay on behalf of the company. Seriously? If I am a staff of the company, i can just post rubbish without approval or authorisation? Are you even a company at all or you need to learn how companies are run. SO every staff knows your company's Nairaland password? Dia is God o.

For the records, I am not a teenager and i am not a he. Stop expecting everyone to be a male before they can have a brain.
Sorry LHPay guys, i just dont like rip offs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by CreativeWeb(m): 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
Your analysis still does not make any sense to us. LHpay was using .in extension. Try going to lhpay.in and it wil redirect you to .net. Again, I dont see what's wrong with the image since they targey worldwide. Having offices in cyprus and usa doesnt mean they target only those countries.

Again, it's not totally out of place to clone a website.

I dont hold brief for lhpay guys. I dont even know them. In facr there was a time I suggested they chnage their name since LH in the name simply mean Loaded Host. To mean it makes no sense to use an abbreviation of a hosting company you own as a name of a payment processing company.

My point is that, all that you all, especially halimat1985 pointed out, make no single sense.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Vinshu(f): 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
I did not want to comment on this topic ever since but it appears that i would!

halimat1985, your comments makes no sense to me because the image and so-called google fonts and all crap that you mentioned are not owned by Voguepay..

PayPal and VoguePay design are almost same.. even with lhpay

voguepay.com
paypal.com
lhpay.net

See the similarities in the three websites!

So all you are saying is crap!
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by GodMode: 3:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
halimat1985:

You get job for me?

Now for those who are surprised that a lady can make tech analysis, here's more:

1. Using same image, same design and even google fonts is more than a coincidence for a payment processor. A payment processor is not a blog or forum where you can just install an opensource solution and get templates. Every line of html, css, javascript and probably php will have to be carefully planned. I have checked both sites and they were both developed from scratch. None of them used a commercial or opensource payment processing app. Verify this with http://builtwith.com/

2. LHPay had a logo that indicates LHPay.in (.in is for india) and they claim they are in USA and Cyprus but they are using same image, design, fonts e.t.c with a Nigerian company. The black people in the image are not typical of Indian or European or American company. Who is deceiving who? A real company will consider its market, this will influence its strategy which includes design. if i owned LHPay, i would use an image that contained mixed races.

3. They quickly changed their picture after i posted my analysis. Seems like they were awaiting my post. lols.

4. They claim nairaland account is operated by Any Staff of LHPay on behalf of the company. Seriously? If I am a staff of the company, i can just post rubbish without approval or authorisation? Are you even a company at all or you need to learn how companies are run. SO every staff knows your company's Nairaland password? Dia is God o.

For the records, I am not a teenager and i am not a he. Stop expecting everyone to be a male before they can have a brain.
Sorry LHPay guys, i just dont like rip offs.

There are Payment Processors that offer resellers... I haven't used any but I think lhpay is using 2checkout reseller...

If you don't want people to know if you're using a CMS you can always remove some links and it won't show in builtwith.

In summary:
Anyone can start a payment processor as long as you can get a reseller account...

1 Like

Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Vinshu(f): 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
GodMode:

There are Payment Processors that offer resellers... I haven't used any but I think lhpay is using 2checkout reseller...

If you don't want people to know if you're using a CMS you can always remove some links and it won't show in builtwith.

In summary:
Anyone can start a payment processor as long as you can get a reseller account...

2checkout does not support Financial services so 2checkout will NEVER approve lhpay! So they are not resellers
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by GodMode: 3:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
Vinshu:
I did not want to comment on this topic ever since but it appears that i would!

halimat1985, your comments makes no sense to me because the image and so-called google fonts and all crap that you mentioned are not owned by Voguepay..

voguepay.com
paypal.com
lhpay.net

Stop saying crap about the beloved halimat1985... She's performing above expectations...
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by GodMode: 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
Vinshu:

2checkout does not support Financial services so 2checkout will NEVER approve lhpay! So they are not resellers

You're rightgringringringringringringringrin
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Vinshu(f): 3:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
GodMode:

Stop saying crap about the beloved halimat1985... She's performing above expectations...

Are you kidding? I don't give two apples about whoever he/she is.. She is just writing without thinking.

Whatever/whoever halimat1985 is, the comments makes no sense.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by GodMode: 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
Vinshu:

Are you kidding? I don't give two apples about whoever he/she is.. She is just writing without thinking.

Whatever/whoever halimat1985 is, the comments makes no sense.

Okay...gringringringringringringringrin
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Kunlayd: 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
Vinshu:

voguepay.com
paypal.com
lhpay.net

@Vinshu, It costs nothing to respect others. No matter how foul your mouth is, you should keep it to yourself if you were not taught how to use it. Halimat is a Nairaland veteran. You appear to be a baby. You can check pictures below to see if voguepay.com, paypal.com and lhpay.net are same. You appear more confused and with a head soaked in crap!
It is out of place to clone a site. There is what we call ethics in business. I wonder if any of you people running a foul mouth are more than cleaners in a workplace. You seem not to understand the implication of business morals at all. Lhpay should be ashamed of all they have said here. I dont even know how many of their officers have posted different stuff here and it all points back to the company's image. Like I said, we need to be careful with whom we do business.
Faceless officers posting next-to-official comments and who cant stand up to identify themselves. Yack!

1 Like

Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by halimat1985(f): 4:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
My posts definitely makes sense but it wont make sense to LHPay and their staff posting on Nairaland with different identities.

What do you expect? That i should blindly say that LHPay is properly setup? Abeg, no let me start analyzing the "International Payment Processor".
Just try to upload sitemap.xml, robots.txt and work on your seo optimisation seriously. This may help you rank better, maybe like 600,000 globally and 100,000 in Nigeria.
Also, you may need a server administrator to tune your server. Its too slow. Its not suitable for large API connections.
I'm available for consultation but no free lunch. lol.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bored? Have Fun with Google / Beware Of Potential Christmas Scams / Has The Nigerian Web Community Come Of Age Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.