Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,866 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Advice Me: To Build Or To Invest? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Advice Me: To Build Or To Invest? (1633 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? / Build Or Invest In A Money Making Machine Build Or Invest In An App / Do You Know About ARM Investment? Kindly Advice Me Before I Invest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me: To Build Or To Invest? by PHIPEX(m): 11:49am On Mar 08, 2015
Please I need an informed advice on this issue that has bothered me for long. I hope to get married in about 2years time but my intention is either to have a good business that can augment my salary or build a 3 bedroom flat to start my life with before marriage.
1. I already have a plot of land.
2. My current rent expires in 2years time.
3. By current state of things, my budget for the next 2years can take care of only one of the two issues above.
4. I hate to live on only one source of income.

Once again I need a sincere and informed advice.
Re: Advice Me: To Build Or To Invest? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
Since you are working.... I will advice that you build the house. It will save you money in the future.
Re: Advice Me: To Build Or To Invest? by ascaris(m): 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
Bros, start building now! dont think of paying another house rent again!
Re: Advice Me: To Build Or To Invest? by PHIPEX(m): 1:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
ascaris:
Bros, start building now! dont think of paying another house rent again!
2sExy1:
Since you are working.... I will advice that you build the house. It will save you money in the future.

I appreciate your advice.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me: To Build Or To Invest? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
PHIPEX:

I appreciate your advice.
you are welcome. You see, I have a very sad image in my head as a kid growing up. We were once evicted from our home in Lagos inside rain and the whole neighborhood was watching. Imagine you who once held high status in your street being thrown out of your house. It's not funny. The sad thing... My mum was given cheap land to buy at Ikorodu in the early 90s. She had the money but didn't buy nor build due to bad advices. We paid the price for that mistake in the future.

I pray God bless me with what he has written my name on... It's been a long time coming and by His grace, I shall start building mine this year.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me: To Build Or To Invest? by PHIPEX(m): 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
2sExy1:
you are welcome. You see, I have a very sad image in my head as a kid growing up. We were once evicted from our home in Lagos inside rain and the whole neighborhood was watching. Imagine you who once held high status in your street being thrown out of your house. It's not funny. The sad thing... My mum was given cheap land to buy at Ikorodu in the early 90s. She had the money but didn't buy nor build due to bad advices. We paid the price for that mistake in the future.

I pray God bless me with what he has written my name on... It's been a long time coming and by His grace, I shall start building mine this year.

I say Amen to your prayer, one thing am always scared of is growing to old age and not having a place to call my own. I want to make hey while the sun shines.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me: To Build Or To Invest? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
PHIPEX:

I say Amen to your prayer, one thing am always scared of is growing to old age and not having a place to call my own. I want to make hey while the sun shines.
You can do it bro. Do not be scared. I have a plot of land already so, what is just remaining is to start building.

You too can do it bro. Yes you can... start small, baby steps and in no time, you will have your own house.

If I have my own house, I can put my family there and even travel to hustle elsewhere. House is very important...
Re: Advice Me: To Build Or To Invest? by femijay8271(m): 5:45pm On May 11, 2018

waooo! so touching.
Re: Advice Me: To Build Or To Invest? by eniorisha(m): 3:06pm On May 12, 2018
I prefer a multiple source of income. U r still young my man. Instead, get more parcels of land & delve into other concrete buz. Meanwhile, there are tenants who r landlords already. In fact, if our govt has been up to task with its responsibility of providing housing for its citizens, this dilemma may not arise. How on earth will a real financially educated person forgoes buz or investment for building a house? Most of d big & palatious houses u see in lag & abj are product of direct or indirect investment. So, go for investment. When money comes, u may not even need to build but buy houses.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me: To Build Or To Invest? by hayzed1090: 3:33pm On May 12, 2018
eniorisha:
I prefer a multiple source of income. U r still young my man. Instead, get more parcels of land & delve into other concrete buz. Meanwhile, there are tenants who r landlords already. In fact, if our govt has been up to task with its responsibility of providing housing for its citizens, this dilemma may not arise. How on earth will a real financially educated person forgoes buz or investment for building a house? Most of d big & palatious houses u see in lag & abj are product of direct or indirect investment. So, go for investment. When money comes, u may not even need to build but buy houses.

Bro I share ur view, infact it has always been m plan but trust me in a country like this it's safer to build at least a room and parlour. u can start investing in as much business as u want then. anything can happen in business.

(1) (Reply)

Its Cash Vault Also A Scam? / My Experience With A Ponzi Scheme / Great News For All Luno Users!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.