Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Black Maria - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Maria (891158 Views)

Maria Found Her Lost Treasure / Plz I Need D Link Of Black Maria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Maria by akejujoe(f): 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
Well done Mr Larrysun . Your stories are always on point.
Re: Black Maria by tolam4skywd(m): 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
This story is so on point like decimal...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Maria by kizzykeziah: 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
LarrySun:
Wow! Me on TV? You're an awesome lady, Kizzykeziah! And a brilliant writer, too. God bless you, ma'am. We'll both be successful in what we do. smiley
Yes, you should appear on TV smiley
And big Amen to that also. Just ride on.....
Re: Black Maria by ezeigbo194(m): 10:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
Flakeey:

i ve been away for a while on official assignment.
fully back

welcome my e-bride grin
Re: Black Maria by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
LarrySun:
You're right. I felt it when I was writing that part, but I couldn't stop myself. I'll have to revisit the dialogues. Thank you so much for the observation. This is where I'm missing my Ishilove. sad

God bless you, Sleek. cheesy
Most welcome..

Ishilove, where are you? Larry misses you embarassed
Re: Black Maria by zyzxx(m): 7:57am On Apr 04, 2015
LarrySun:
Lol @ Bsquare! That's very funny. cheesy
lol
Why can't dey look for small job dat can feed them?
Thou black is blindfold by revenge and he started as a thief.
I reserve my comment ooo
Luking forward for what d pet will be use for.

More wisdom,
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2015

The boys walked far away from where they lived. They didn't want any occasion arising where they would be traced back to their resident. The didactic conversation they had had moments earlier had taught them to at least tread with caution. They knew where they were heading, and they knew exactly what they were going there to do. Both boys knew the danger inherent in their mission. It would be quite tragic if they were caught, but to Black, the likelihood of danger was what would make the task an interesting one. The success if the mission would solely depend on the slickness of feet. Basket, however, had agreed that Black was the better runner, so the dark-skinned boy had volunteered to become the red-herring. If they were careful, if each boy performed his task perfectly, they would pull a successful act. Any slight error, any misjudgement, would be terrible. Black himself was more at the receiving end of this likely disaster. To prevent this mishap from occurring was the reason they chose this quiet street. The less-crowded a street was, the better their chance of success.

As they walked into the street, Black educated Basket about what they were going to steal. What they were going to steal was not a dog, not quite—they were going to steal a piece of electronics. The boys would steal a transistor radio. They stood at a safe distance and watched the street; there were still some few people plying the road. The boys knew quite well that the street was rarely trodden because it was a close. The adjacent street was usually better used.

When the street was finally deserted, the boys came out of their hiding and walked towards the wooden kiosk at the end of the closed street. Occasionally, they would check behind them to see if anyone was approaching; luckily, there was no one else in the street at the time. Most of the people who would enter this street were those who wanted to buy goods from Mallam Yisa, the Hausa man who owned the wooden kiosk. Black and Basket were going to steal Mallam Yisa's transistor radio.

As they approached the kiosk, the boy encountered a local dog suddenly appear from the narrow turning close to the kiosk. The dog bounded past them absent-mindedly, gasping with its tongue suspended to a corner of its mouth. Black and Basket shared a glance and smiled, but they didn't say anything. They knew that it could be easy for them if their mission was to steal a dog. But, on the other hand, if they really wanted to steal a dog, the dog that just jogged past them was too old for them to steal. Aside the fact that the would risk a bite if they attempted to go near this one, they weren't sure if they would be able to outrun it if it came to a chase.

They forgot about the dog when they were close to the kiosk. They had to do quickly whatever they had to do now; someone else might come into the street. The appearance of a third party could foil their mission. They hid themselves behind a condemned vehicle and planned their heist. After about a minute, Black came out of the hiding and walked to the kiosk. He found Mallam Yisa having a siesta in the kiosk; his battery-powered radio rested smugly beside his head. It would have been very easy to take the radio right there, right now; but that wasn't part of the plan. Besides, the radio was broadcasting a Hausa programme, it could be dangerous to take it. The Mallam might be having only a brief shut-eye; a sudden silence might cause him to open his eyes. Black had to stick to his plan.

"Mallam."

No response.

"Mallam!" A little bit louder.

Still no response. The was was deeply asleep. Black could now detect the drool running down the corner of the sleeping man's mouth. He could even hear his snores in close tempo with the sound of the radion. Black wondered why a human being would sleep so carelessly at this time of the day, a midday for that matter.

"Yaro!" He spoke out loud, although he didn't know what the word he had just spoken meant.

The man jolted awake as if goosed with a pin. He looked around him nervously, trying to determine what had brought him back to life. When he saw Black, he gave a frustrated gruntle and regarded the small boy as he would a mosquito that had just honoured him with the poke of a proboscis.

"Wetin you want?" The Mallam asked in Pidgin English.

Black glared at the man and replied, "I want to steal from you."

"Wetin you—?"

And before the man could process in his head what he had just heard, Black grabbed a box of St. Louis Sugar and bolted. The Mallam instantly jumped off his bed and ran after the boy, shouting 'Barawo!' as he went after the thief. His loose dansiki flying in the wind. Even though it was apparent that he could never catch up with the boy, the man still continued the pursue and not for a moment stopping his 'Barawo!' mantra.

As the victimised Mallam ran past, Basket appeared from where he had hidden himself and crept into the shop. He found the radio easily. He switch of the radio, extracted a nylon bag from his back pocket and put the treasure in it. The temptation to take something else from the shop overcame him but because that wasn't part of the plan, he walked out of the shop with only the radio. He saw the Mallam still running after Black. Basket wondered what his friend had stolen to make the man come after him without stopping. He prayed no one would come to this street now; it was particularly dangerous for Black, although there was a wide gap between the pursuer and the pursued. Still, another person might appear before Black and catch him. Without much ado, Basket took the narrow pathway from where the dog had materialised moments ago. The plan was to go home after taking the radio. He and Black would rendezvous at home. He prayed his friend escaped successfully.

Now, when Peter Black was sure that Basket would have played his part, he carefully dropped the box of sugar and ran faster out of the street. As he crossed into an adjacent street, he collided with an approaching person.

The Mallam, now nearly breathless, reached his box and picked it, cursing the bolting boy in his native language. He walked back towards his kiosk to resume his sleep. But he would not find his radio when he got there.

Basket walked home unhappily; he was still worried about Black. He was afraid that he would also be apprehended if Black was caught. He met this boy just yesterday and he already felt felt a strong attachment to him. For the first time in his entire life, he had found someone he could really tell anything; someone with whom he could share his darkest secrets. Somehow, he felt like Black had come into his life for a reason, a reason far greater than mere petty thievery. There was a kind of mysterious aura that surrounded the boy; a strange aura that no one could find the right word to describe. Basket was just discovering some new things about his friend. Peter Black, as he had discovered, was someone who usually thought beyond the scope of the obvious; someone whose perspective could only be viewed by the very few. He admitted that Black, although three years younger, was far smarter than he was. He was the muscle, Peter was the brain. He could physically beat up the small boy, but he knew that Black was capable of crushing him psychologically. He hoped the boy would take the issue of education more seriously. The boy could become a collosal genius. A part of him feared that he might not see his friend again. He felt like crying.

He reached home with a heavy heart and found Black waiting for him.

"Blackie!" Basket shouted excitedly, as if he had found Jesus Christ. He ran towards his friend and hugged him tight.

"You're crushing me, ape!" Black groaned.

"Sorry," he released the boy, "I was carried away with happiness. I thought you had been caught. How did you get here so fast?"

"I ran, of course. I even collided against a young child not long after I dropped the box I took. I could not wait to pacify the wailing child. I ran all the way here. What made you think I would be caught? Didn't I tell you that I cannot be caught?"

"Maybe you are really a prince of thieves."

"Cut the crap and bring out the radio."

"The batteries are still good."

Both boys held the radio as if it was a Christmas present. They took turns holding it. They could hardly believe that they now owned a transistor radio.

"Turn it on." Basket said excitedly.

Black turned on the radio and tuned it to an F.M. station. On the radio was the first time they heard the news about a notorious armed robber named Lawrence Anini. Both boys listened to the news with rapt attention.

Larry Sun can ghostwrite for you (novels, short stories, biographies, autobiographies, etc) at an affordable price. Contact him via email (larrysundynasty@gmail.com) or through +2349061754872. God bless you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Maria by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
Wow!thanx 4 d wondaful update larry
Re: Black Maria by Mourin(f): 4:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
finally got here, what a nice story so far, more mb 2 ur data
Re: Black Maria by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
wow......this could as well be the beginning of a notorious crime syndicate......nice one larry.
Re: Black Maria by seyitanhep1: 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
LarrySun:
Wow! Me on TV? You're an awesome lady, Kizzykeziah! And a brilliant writer, too. God bless you, ma'am. We'll both be successful in what we do. smiley
She writes!, good, I have searching for more stories to read. Kizzy expect me soon.

Thanks for welcoming me.
But wait, I like Black o. How can you tell someone you want to steal from him? Chai, bad pikin. I guess that is his trademark ™, because this ain't the first time he's using this kinda distraction. Kudos to you Larry boss

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
akejujoe:
Well done Mr Larrysun . Your stories are always on point.
Thank you so much, ma'am. smiley
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
tolam4skywd:
This story is so on point like decimal...
Lol! Nice simile. smiley

Thank you, sir.
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
ezeigbo194:

welcome my e-bride grin
Remind me to write your toast when that glorious day arrives.
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
zyzxx:
lol
Why can't dey look for small job dat can feed them?
Thou black is blindfold by revenge and he started as a thief.
I reserve my comment ooo
Luking forward for what d pet will be use for.

More wisdom,
Exposure to the harsh climates caused them to become who they are.

God bless you, sir.
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Wow!thanx 4 d wondaful update larry
Thank you, ma'am. Your encouragements keep me going. smiley
Re: Black Maria by tolam4skywd(m): 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
LarrySun:
Lol! Nice simile. smiley

Thank you, sir.
you are welcome, sire.
Re: Black Maria by zyzxx(m): 10:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
LarrySun:
Exposure to the harsh climates caused them to become who they are.

God bless you, sir.
Ameen

Wow, where u picking dis words from larrysun
Wow, u are really Gud

I believe u can play all role in real life grin

more wisdom bro
Re: Black Maria by stuff46(m): 11:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
Nice one sire! More Wisdom to you.
Re: Black Maria by Nickymezor(f): 3:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
Nice as always smiley...Hapi Easter mr Larry cool
Re: Black Maria by oghenekome51(f): 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
Lol! Ugo fear thief brain! Thanks a bunch for d update, larry!
Re: Black Maria by zinylizzy(f): 3:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
Larry,Happy Easter...kudos

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
am your biggest fan Larry.
Re: Black Maria by Jumizie13(f): 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
LarrySun:
Hello younger sister. Howdy? smiley
i'm gudt.
Re: Black Maria by ezeigbo194(m): 6:51am On Apr 07, 2015
LarrySun:
Remind me to write your toast when that glorious day arrives.

thanks i appreciate
Re: Black Maria by Flakeey(f): 5:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
LarrySun:
shocked Flakeey! Wow! Where've you been? I've missed you so much! sad Thanks, Ezeigbo194, for bring her back. cheesy You're very welcome, Flakes! wink

*feelingsofly*
Re: Black Maria by Flakeey(f): 5:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
ezeigbo194:

welcome my e-bride grin

e-wetin?
shockedshocked
Re: Black Maria by Flakeey(f): 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
LarrySun LarrySun...hmmmm you are killing the story softly...

*still reading*. I'll be back
Re: Black Maria by ezeigbo194(m): 7:11am On Apr 08, 2015
Flakeey:

e-wetin?
shockedshocked

pls dnt do dis u r tryna deny in front of the world
Re: Black Maria by Nmeri17: 1:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
ezeigbo194:

welcome my e-bride grin
Flakeey:

e-wetin?
shockedshocked
ezeigbo194:

pls dnt do dis u r tryna deny in front of the world
accept my condolences bro cry you're now cruising in the deepest parts of the friendzone sad

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by rapmike(m): 1:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
Larrysun, you no dey try. Since the day I ask you make you come check my story, you no pass comment. Hmnn... its not good oh!

There is God oooh!
Re: Black Maria by tohero(m): 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
LarrySun:
Thanks for your observation, sir. You're quite right. The Prologue is set in 2015, the succeeding chapters started from the early eighties. The emotions will gradually catch up with the actions of 2015. I'm sure you'll love the tale. God bless you, sir. smiley

I am already in love with what you've begin with, definitely following till the end.

As a suggestion, the past and present actions could have been written simultaneously. Having two genres interwoven. The love for one genre will keep one going with the other.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (166) (Reply)

United In Betrayal / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) / Tradition - A Story

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.