Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Black Maria - Literature (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Maria (891629 Views)

Maria Found Her Lost Treasure / Plz I Need D Link Of Black Maria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 11:32pm On Apr 11, 2018
The next update shall be posted tomorrow 12th April. Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Black Maria by holarbolu(m): 11:36pm On Apr 11, 2018
LarrySun:
II
Far away indeed did the bus carry Peter Black, truly never would the thugs see him again; besides, how would they locate him in a city of about thrity million inhabitants? Such chances were the slimmest. Even if by sheer luck they did, Peter would still find a way to wring himself off their clutches. They were strong thugs, but dumb as bells. For over an hour, the bus transported Peter deeper into the heart of Lagos. He got off the bus only at the final destination.

This new section of Lagos was even more crowded and noisier than Oshodi; but somehow, Peter found this new location appealing, as he could see that there was more life here. What was most interesting to him was the fact that it would provide an easy opportunity for him to exercise his skill – his one major skill. A large billboard with the word ‘EKO’ boldly printed on it gave Peter a sense of where he was. This was the real Lagos, he decided within himself. He suddenly felt like he could achieve anything here. With the money on him, he was certain that he could get a modest place to stay around the area. The thugs’ money combined with his made a little fortune.

Still with his load on his head, he waded through the crowd, searching around for an apartment vacancy, preferably a room, and precisely a servants’ quarters like the one he and Basket had lived in at Port-Harcourt. Peter, over the course of the year, had come to be appreciative about the freedom that came with living in a ‘Boys’ Quarter’ as it was being wrongly called by most Nigerians. The local term ‘Boys’ Quarters’is a misinterpreted synonym for ‘Servants’ Quarters’ which constitute a part of a building that traditionally contain staff accommodation in the earlier days. Generally, ‘Servants’ Quarters’ are usually grander and more spacious than what landlords in Nigeria usually built. Quarters are built in such foul manners that even servans of old will reject living there. Ironically, Peter Black – who wasn’t a servant, a boy who was a boy of himself – desired such apartment. Whatever he found appealing in tis kind of accommodation remained a mystery, especially his claim of freedom.

He suddenly felt something crawl around his waist. Looking down to see what it was, he discovered a and reaching towards his pocket. Before he could react at the assault, the hand had reached into his pocket and had extracted the money therein. The activity was carried out in a split second. The pickp[ocket grabbed the money firmly and disappeared in the crowd. Peter Black was too dumbfounded to give a chase. The thief was too swift for him to react. Only he knew that he was robbed, no other person in the crowd saw the thief’s action. He could not even raise an alarm for fear of being considered mentally unstable, for thievery might be a normal pastime in Lagos as opposed to Port-Harcourt where it was considered a sacrilege by the general public.

Rather than raising an exclamation of plea, Black did something particularly strange – he began to clap in the middle of the street, among the crowd. People who noticed him turned a careful distance away from him; they were already rewarding him with such stares reserved for cretins. But Peter had no mental shortcoming – at least not at that moment –, he was only impressed by the thief’s level of professionalism even at such a tender age. The person who robbed Peter was a boy of about twelve years old. Peter saw the thief as a younger and faster version of himself; but he was still unaware that he would be seeing more of himself around. He considered himself fortunate that the thief had stolen only one-quarter of all the money on him. When he was in the vehicle before arriving here, he had divided the money into four equal parts and had distributed them in his four pockets. He had not really done that as a precaution against theft but just to avoid the bulge such huge sum of money would impress if stuck in one pocket, and unnecessary bulges always made him feel uncomfortable. But here he was, smoothly robbed even as smart as he claimed to be. He soon realised that there were people who might be smarter than he was. Lagos had an assortment of different evil geniuses. He might just be a little spoke in a large wheel.

He kept his eyes peeled as he walked on to avoid further victimisation; and so a few metres away he saw activities not easily seen by the naked eyes of the uninitiated. Before him were people rushing to get on a waiting van with Lagos State colour; and among the strugglers was a young boy of about Peter’s age doing something particularly different from trying to get in a vehicle. He brought out a switchknife and cut a hole through the side of a woman’s armbag. He deftly reached into the armbag through the open slit and took something – possibly money before he disappeared among the crowd just like the little boy that had robbed him. These thieves seemed to be everywhere.

Peter was smiling. He was indeed where he was supposed to be. Lagos was home. He knew he would become great. He would do some great things here in this city called Eko. Right there on the spot, Peter declared himself a Lagosian – he was now a self-acclaimed ‘Omo Eko’: Lagos Child.

Reading this piece of yours is pure ecstasy... Ride on on your chariot of fire like Helios!
Re: Black Maria by jupitre(m): 11:53pm On Apr 11, 2018
Thanks bro Larry..

Peter Black, The CityBoy!!!
Re: Black Maria by Celsony: 7:03am On Apr 12, 2018
Thanks for the update Sir Larry. When is the next update?
Re: Black Maria by SamuelTurner(m): 7:39am On Apr 12, 2018
holarbolu:

Reading this piece of yours is pure ecstasy... Ride on on your chariot of fire like Helios!
must you quote everything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Maria by TheNathan(m): 8:07am On Apr 12, 2018
grin welcome to lag Peter Black
Re: Black Maria by Twizzy30(m): 10:56am On Apr 12, 2018
Thanks for the update.
Re: Black Maria by Kaycee9242(m): 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2018
SamuelTurner:
must you quote everything

My brother d matter tire me oooo!!
Re: Black Maria by Kaycee9242(m): 1:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
Larry well done sir but dis update small ooo! Hope today's own will be just
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 1:08pm On Apr 12, 2018
COMPLETE BOOK NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD HERE:

http://okadabooks.com/book/about/black_maria_book_one/20094

larrysundynasty@gmail.com

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Maria by kingphilip(m): 1:23pm On Apr 12, 2018
jeweltab there's an interesting piece here for you
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
The next update shall be posted on Sunday 15th April. Thanks. God bless you all.

8 Likes

Re: Black Maria by HazardMan(m): 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2018
LarrySun:
The next update shall be posted on Sunday 15th April. Thanks. God bless you all.
Nice work man.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by gabi98(m): 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
Oga Larrysun I swear you deserve a Nobel prize award for your contribution in the literature section. You're the baddest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Maria by jeweltab(f): 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2018
kingphilip:
jeweltab there's an interesting piece here for you

thanks alot for inviting me,i appreciate it
Re: Black Maria by priscy525(f): 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2018
Thanks Larry
Re: Black Maria by Celsony: 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2018
LarrySun:

Thanks for the update boss, God bless ur hustle. Who will come out tops on sunday, Peter Black or d Immovable Force? Only time will tell, cant wait for it.
Re: Black Maria by ElPhoche(m): 5:19pm On Apr 12, 2018
LarrySun:
Good job, bro. It is better this way. More ink to your pen
Re: Black Maria by skubido(m): 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2018
LarrySun:

tanks a lot 4d update. u too much

God Bless u too
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:29pm On Apr 12, 2018
CecyAdrian:

shocked shocked I will advise everyone to be mindful of their purse/wallet and valuables
I had been a victim on numerous occasions.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
skubido:

baba tanks a lot 4d update
Thanks for following.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2018
Vecto:

The guy is something else. You read his stuff and you don't wanna read any other stuff on NL aside his.
Thank you, sir, for your commendation. However, I believe there are various better stories on the forum too. I'm just a little cog in a large wheel of creativity.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:33pm On Apr 12, 2018
CecyAdrian:

You for just give us one more for the night na, how you see am? kiss kiss
If I could I would. You see, I write on paper first before typing, and that slows down my updates.
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2018
Nickymezor:
Thanks for the update Larry Sun...its was awesome as usual. smiley
Thanks dear. You've been so patient with me. God bless you, ma'am.
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2018
Dackrapper:
Mr Larrysun, can you accept me as your number one fan?
Lol! I remain your loyal friend, sir. smiley

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2018
Kaycee9242:
Larry tanx a lot and I like as u are giving us a specific date now and also keep to u, u are really good
Thanks, bro. I'm trying my best to be consistent. It's the least I can do for those who have been around all along.
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2018
EkopSparoAyara:
Peter Black showed them who the “REAL” JJC is in the infamous occupation of thievery...I hope Lagos will favour Blackie..
Bravo Larrysun..
Thanks boss.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:37pm On Apr 12, 2018
alabig:
Using sincere honesty and humility to disarm your victims-peter black.
Whatever it takes.
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
nkemdave:
Welcome back Larrysun
Thanks bro. It's good to still have you around.
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:39pm On Apr 12, 2018
Eddyella:
Mr Larry long tym no see.Its been long I check ur story,tanks 4 remembering me.

Blackie z really smart.More ink 2 ur pen.

I dey enjoy ur story like kilode.Xpecting more...
Thanks ma'am. It's good to hear from you likewise.
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:39pm On Apr 12, 2018
Celsony:

Thank God u are back, they shall try but nt succeed. Thanks for d latest update sir, more power to ur finger. Pls keep putting d date of ur nxt update so we can know when to expect. Thank you.
Thanks boss. I'll continue keeping to time.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
djfiqi:
Larrysun today Na today o. I've prepared my popcorn so long ago. Waiting for the next update jejely. [color=#000099][/color][b][/b]
Thanks for following, sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (166) (Reply)

United In Betrayal / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) / Tradition - A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.