Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

My Experience At Church Service Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience At Church Service Today (2332 Views)

My Experience At Church Service In Germany / Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Osibanjo And Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Holy Ghost Service Today(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At Church Service Today by Nonybb: 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
God I went to a Church at 320 Road in Festac Town today. A friend invited me. I never knew the name of the church we were going to before we went together. On getting to the church, service was yet to begin, then, we sat for Bible Study class. The Bible Study class ran from 7: 30 am to 9:45am. Infact I slept off while the Bible study was going on.

Immediately, I wake up, yet the sunday school wasnt over, the church was still scanty. I started being impatient. I turned to the back seat to inquire from a friend that invited me and asked when this church will begin. He said, Nonso are you not enjoying the Class Bible Study, my annoyance grew. After some minutes my instinct started asking me to look at the church I attended, that why am I worried, that this is the sort of Church they built around your locality while you were in Onitsha called Odozi Obodo (Nation Builder). In that Church, the picture of the founder was placed at the altar.

I saw men coming in with agbada. I look at the sewed traditional wears they wore and saw "Odozi Obodo" with the picture of the woman that founded the Church printed on it boldly. Then it dawn on me that I am actually in Christ Holy Church international Odozi Obodo Lolzz

This is the Church I knew right from when I was a kid in Anambra State. Then the church service commenced. The man of God preached. He even preached about the woman that founded the church, and how we should all emulate her. Little were preached about Jesus. It was a bit surprise to me. Hymn song was sang. One big bells was rang. Lolz I dont know why they do that.

It was almost like a joke when they finish giving offerings; because the kind of dance I saw in that church I have never seen it before anywhere. People were dancing Shoki, atili-ogwu, skelewu, alanta. One woman was holding her breast while she bent down exposing her cleavage, shaking her waist while she dance. It had many church attendee filled to the brim but it was almost like I was the only individual there. Then I saw the friend that invited me Lolz, he was dancing like an amputee. I have never seen this kind of madness before. Everybody was dancing so stupid. There was no spirituality in any single soul there. There were some dance that look so traditional that I was surprise to see it in the house of the Lord. I saw men that hug chairs, raised up tables while dancing Lolz. What nonsense.

Then a general dance started. This dance was to be a participatory of all. Being a new-comer is not an excuse. But when it started, I thought I could just keep calm and mind my own business. While sitting on my chair a man tapped on my holder to rise up immediately. He was saying something I didnt know, infact I couldnt hear him because the noise was so terribly loud. Lolz I became confused. I started looking for the person that invited me because he was meant to sit separately as Choir member. I looked for Abraham that invited me to Odozi Obodo but was not found.

In fustration I went out of the church. Later I saw him dancing, coming to me but wasnt even looking at me. They sat up and was dancing around the church. After I meet Abraham he told me that there was a Prophetic message that everybody must stand up and dance around the church for three times, that that was the reason the man tapped me up to stand up. I took my bible and ran away

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Church Service Today by nzeaji(m): 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
Lol.

You don enter. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Church Service Today by Dahjhi: 4:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
still laughing grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Church Service Today by ArchEnemy(m): 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
smiley wao, more like a journalist report

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Church Service Today by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
Na so they go sacrifices you one day.
You better be careful on accepting invitation to attend churches that you are not familiar with.
Alien practice everywhere even in churches.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Church Service Today by teemanbastos(m): 4:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
endtimes..

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Church Service Today by ITbomb(m): 4:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
Lol at the dances.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Church Service Today by seankay(m): 5:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
Funny church and silly members.SMH

I liked all d posts on this thread, its time to reciprocate the likes grin
Re: My Experience At Church Service Today by Danhumprey: 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
grin

Re: My Experience At Church Service Today by Nonybb: 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
Why havent this post made front page?
Re: My Experience At Church Service Today by slap1(m): 11:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
I took my Bible and ran away.
Haha
Re: My Experience At Church Service Today by lerumoss(f): 7:49am On Mar 16, 2015
wow...so entertaining. who need a dstv when we have churches like this.
op I no envy yu
Re: My Experience At Church Service Today by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2015
Spent years at same church. They engage in so many old testament practices and i am glad i left to explore the depth and riches in Christ Jesus.

Most folks that worship there do so because of the prophecy known as 'vision' in Odozi-obodo parlance.

Nonybb:
God I went to a Church at 320 Road in Festac Town today. A friend invited me. I never knew the name of the church we were going to before we went together. On getting to the church, service was yet to begin, then, we sat for Bible Study class. The Bible Study class ran from 7: 30 am to 9:45am. Infact I slept off while the Bible study was going on.

Immediately, I wake up, yet the sunday school wasnt over, the church was still scanty. I started being impatient. I turned to the back seat to inquire from a friend that invited me and asked when this church will begin. He said, Nonso are you not enjoying the Class Bible Study, my annoyance grew. After some minutes my instinct started asking me to look at the church I attended, that why am I worried, that this is the sort of Church they built around your locality while you were in Onitsha called Odozi Obodo (Nation Builder). In that Church, the picture of the founder was placed at the altar.

I saw men coming in with agbada. I look at the sewed traditional wears they wore and saw "Odozi Obodo" with the picture of the woman that founded the Church printed on it boldly. Then it dawn on me that I am actually in Christ Holy Church international Odozi Obodo Lolzz

This is the Church I knew right from when I was a kid in Anambra State. Then the church service commenced. The man of God preached. He even preached about the woman that founded the church, and how we should all emulate her. Little were preached about Jesus. It was a bit surprise to me. Hymn song was sang. One big bells was rang. Lolz I dont know why they do that.

It was almost like a joke when they finish giving offerings; because the kind of dance I saw in that church I have never seen it before anywhere. People were dancing Shoki, atili-ogwu, skelewu, alanta. One woman was holding her breast while she bent down exposing her cleavage, shaking her waist while she dance. It had many church attendee filled to the brim but it was almost like I was the only individual there. Then I saw the friend that invited me Lolz, he was dancing like an amputee. I have never seen this kind of madness before. Everybody was dancing so stupid. There was no spirituality in any single soul there. There were some dance that look so traditional that I was surprise to see it in the house of the Lord. I saw men that hug chairs, raised up tables while dancing Lolz. What nonsense.

Then a general dance started. This dance was to be a participatory of all. Being a new-comer is not an excuse. But when it started, I thought I could just keep calm and mind my own business. While sitting on my chair a man tapped on my holder to rise up immediately. He was saying something I didnt know, infact I couldnt hear him because the noise was so terribly loud. Lolz I became confused. I started looking for the person that invited me because he was meant to sit separately as Choir member. I looked for Abraham that invited me to Odozi Obodo but was not found.

In fustration I went out of the church. Later I saw him dancing, coming to me but wasnt even looking at me. They sat up and was dancing around the church. After I meet Abraham he told me that there was a Prophetic message that everybody must stand up and dance around the church for three times, that that was the reason the man tapped me up to stand up. I took my bible and ran away

Re: My Experience At Church Service Today by Ade3000yrs(m): 10:51pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nonybb:

lols, Another form of occultic indulgence in the name of spiritual accenssion Another kind of madness or insanity at full scale. I pledge to Africa my continent. U can not blindfold an elightened man with the right kind of education. A child miseducated is a child lost. Thank God you followed your instinct before the contraption took a different toll grin grin cheesy wink

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Contaminated Anointing / The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? / Atheists, Do You Have This Weird Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.