Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Rita....a Heartfelt Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rita....a Heartfelt Story (1011 Views)

Keg Of Gun Powder - Written By Rita C. Chima / My Story (adventure of a barrack girl)By Rita Fredrick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rita....a Heartfelt Story by stellytwinkle(f): 9:53am On Mar 09, 2015
Hi guys, Just decided to write this story. Although I was a science student in secondary school,I just found out that I had this inbuilt art talent. Apart from story writing, I also design, draw, write songs and do some cretive stuffs. But it doesnt make me perfect anyway,so during the course of writing this story, suggestions, comments, corrections are all welcomed. Hope you'll enjoy this. Love you all.
Re: Rita....a Heartfelt Story by stellytwinkle(f): 10:00am On Mar 09, 2015
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Who else gave man the wisdom but the Lord God the creator of the ends of the earth. He is highly acknowledged.
Secondly, my mum, the only one keeping me going on earth. I love you my dearest mum.

DEDICATION
This book is dedicated to those who are in love.
Re: Rita....a Heartfelt Story by stellytwinkle(f): 10:20am On Mar 09, 2015
Rita flung herself on the body of her father and rocked it savagely in a grim effort to revive him. She had thought the man would wake up. She was used to waking him up by tossing him around. But all she got on her face and her arms were her father's blood. The man had gone, never to return.
Few hours before her father's death, in the little village of Abati, there were violent flashes, thunder and lightning. The heavens opened and rain poured for several minutes and at last it stopped.
Re: Rita....a Heartfelt Story by stellytwinkle(f): 10:40am On Mar 09, 2015
Peter had seen the turbulence of the night and was visibly shaken.He did not feel like going out.Yet he remembered it was he's turn to host the villagers the next day at the council meeting.He had never had this opportunity before and did not wish to be a failure.He carefully went through the requirements of that day and found out that palmoil was missing.That was no problem because he had on his farm some palmtrees.That dreadful night he wandered out of his house to harvest some palmfruits.
Re: Rita....a Heartfelt Story by stellytwinkle(f): 11:06am On Mar 09, 2015
On the farm was where he met his death. Peter climbed the palm tree and pulled out a long knife to harvest the ripe bunch, But he miscalculated,lost his balance and fell. He broke his skull and died on the spot.
Rita and her mother,Tami cried bitterly,Tami on several occasions had attempted to take her life.
Inorder to prevent Tami from commiting suicide, Tami's father decided it would be better for her to remarry after all the burial rites of Peter so she would be able to forget about him.
Re: Rita....a Heartfelt Story by stellytwinkle(f): 11:10am On Mar 09, 2015
Please I would like to read your comments and corrections. Thanks
Re: Rita....a Heartfelt Story by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 10, 2015
Too short

1 Like

Re: Rita....a Heartfelt Story by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 10, 2015
Keep it coming...

1 Like

Re: Rita....a Heartfelt Story by stellytwinkle(f): 9:34am On Mar 11, 2015
In the adjacent village unknown to Tami, there was a secret admirer. His name was Mike. Mike was a prominent business man alredy married to several wives. He wanted Tami. He was in love with her. But he was not free to come direct to her father’s compound. Custom did not permit such approaches. Mike did not waste anytime, he sent relations to contact the parents and elders of Tami, Rita’s mother. Accordingly, the emissaries were sent back with a message that Mike would be contacted in due course. Not long after, Tami and Mike married. As the custom the wife would be moving to the husband’s compound. She would go with her daughter Rita.
A day was fixed for Tami to go to her Husband’s house. However the full story came in the night. Mike explained to her that since he had three wives already’ Every wife had a scheduled day to stay the night with him.It was the duty of that woman to prepare lunch and dinner an breakfast for the following morning for him. She was told she would be given a room of her own the next morning and her duty schedule would be communicated to her at convenient time
The next morning Tami was taken round to the backyard where she was given a room. It was very small and the kitchen beside it was empty

(1) (Reply)

An Ode To Our Mamas: A Song Of Love, Joy And Happiness! / 15 Best Literary Quotes From Nigerian Novels / Tayo The Playboy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.