Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism (1620 Views)

Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. / True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. / Only True Federalism Can Resolve Nigeria’s Problems – Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by CHAIRMAN1(m): 10:25am On Mar 09, 2015
STOOGE ALERT!

Just finished listening to one of Tinubu's daftest lieutenants making a submission on resource control amongst several other issues on Channels TV.

Honorable Solomon 'Yayi' Adeola is in the Federal house of reps and is presently the APC's flag bearer for the Lag West Senatorial district. If a would be Senator does not understand what true Federalism means, then Nigeria might just be doomed.

He initially annoyed me when he bragged about being the most qualified candidate on the basis that he has been paying the GCE and JAMB fees of his LCDA indegenes for some time now.
When asked on the present revenue sharing formula, Yayi went on like someone who was remote controlled from Tinubu's bourdillon parlour shouting and insisting that the states must control a hundred percent of their resources.

When asked immediately afterwards if he is in support of the Niger Delta clamoring for more than the 13percent derivation they're presently getting, his reply was astonishing. Listen to him: " If the 13 percent they're getting now is judiciously put to use, they need not ask for more".

So what did he then mean by true Federalism and absolute resource control he was on about in his first answer? Its obvious Tinubu's stooge doesn't even understand basic concepts in legislation and governance!
At the beginning of the interview, he was bold enough to say that Lagos State west Senatorial district which he hopes to lead is the largest(population-wise) senatorial district in Nigeria. For someone who has been in the business of legislation for 12 years, this is very poor. I just hope resource control crusaders missed this interview as it will definitely lead to untimely brewing of bad blood; when we're supposed to be preparing for elections.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by TI1919(m): 10:30am On Mar 09, 2015
Tinubu and APC...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by francizy(m): 10:40am On Mar 09, 2015
TI1919:
Tinubu and APC...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

OP what do you expect? People ruling Lagos since 1999 are/were always hand picked. They must have licked enough àrse of the landlord before been made a caretaker, else they won't be successful.

This is how you know how sensible Nigerians are. And yet they claim APC is the change..

Dead country called Nigeria.. cry

1 Like

Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by temitemi1(m): 10:43am On Mar 09, 2015
Apc grin grin grin! They need comparative federalism tutorial grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by maestroferddi: 10:53am On Mar 09, 2015
Chai! Chai!! Chai!!! There is God o...

I watched the interview and I was like come o. Did this guy finish secondary school?

Come see unforgivable basic grammatical errors. This Olamilekan guy messed himself up in the interview. Completely incoherent on issues discussed.

How can this man aspire to represent a senatorial zone in Lagos with the degree of daftness he was displaying on national TV.

Chai, Chai, chai, oga landlord why!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by CHAIRMAN1(m): 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
my brother, i form like say i no hear that one. gbaguan incorporated. I could see Maupo was uneasy whenever he spoke. When Mamora and Fashola are lying fallow politically, Its dormant folks like Yayi and Remi he sends to the Senate just for personal gratification. Oh my days..

maestroferddi:

I watched the interview and I was like come o. Did this guy finish secondary school?

Come see unforgivable basic grammatical errors. This Olamilekan guy messed himself up in the interview. Completely incoherent on issues discussed.

How can this man aspire to represent a senatorial zone in Lagos with the degree of daftness he was displaying on national TV.

Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by maestroferddi: 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
CHAIRMAN1:
my brother, i form like say i no hear that one. gbaguan incorporated. I could see Maupo was uneasy whenever he spoke. When Mamora and Fashola are lying fallow politically, Its dormant folks like Yayi and Remi he sends to the Senate just for personal gratification. Oh my days..

Yeah. Maupe a brilliant anchor and a PDP admirer going by her calls and body language.

PDP, attracting the best brains since you-know-when...

1 Like

Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by Mckennedy: 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
Educated illiterate on display,, Na free education cause am..

2 Likes

Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
that is the change they are preaching now...

1 Like

Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by CHAIRMAN1(m): 12:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
I beg to differ oo. Isnt she the one who House of Reps minority leader and APC stalwart, Gbajabamiala is supposedly dating? He was in ikorodu for her mum's burial not long ago with the speaker of the house and a whole lot of folks. Or is it another Maupe?

maestroferddi:
Yeah. Maupe a brilliant anchor and a PDP admirer going by her calls and body language.

PDP, attracting the best brains since you-know-when...
Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by maestroferddi: 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
CHAIRMAN1:
I beg to differ oo. Isnt she the one who House of Reps minority leader and APC stalwart, Gbajabamiala is supposedly dating? He was in ikorodu for her mum's burial not long ago with the speaker of the house and a whole lot of folks. Or is it another Maupe?

I wouldn't know whether Maupe would take the risk of fooling around with Hon Gbajabiamila who should be married.

I seriously doubt the possibility of Maupe frolicking with a politician against the professional code of conduct.

I have been watching the programme and can confidently opine that she has a soft spot for PDP.

Rumours are a dime a dozen...
Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
CHAIRMAN1:
STOOGE ALERT!

Just finished listening to one of Tinubu's daftest lieutenants making a submission on resource control amongst several other issues on Channels TV.

Honorable Solomon 'Yayi' Adeola is in the Federal house of reps and is presently the APC's flag bearer for the Lag West Senatorial district. If a would be Senator does not understand what true Federalism means, then Nigeria might just be doomed.

He initially annoyed me when he bragged about being the most qualified candidate on the basis that he has been paying the GCE and JAMB fees of his LCDA indegenes for some time now.
When asked on the present revenue sharing formula, Yayi went on like someone who was remote controlled from Tinubu's bourdillon parlour shouting and insisting that the states must control a hundred percent of their resources.

When asked immediately afterwards if he is in support of the Niger Delta clamoring for more than the 13percent derivation they're presently getting, his reply was astonishing. Listen to him: " If the 13 percent they're getting now is judiciously put to use, they need not ask for more".

So what did he then mean by true Federalism and absolute resource control he was on about in his first answer? Its obvious Tinubu's stooge doesn't even understand basic concepts in legislation and governance!
At the beginning of the interview, he was bold enough to say that Lagos State west Senatorial district which he hopes to lead is the largest(population-wise) senatorial district in Nigeria. For someone who has been in the business of legislation for 12 years, this is very poor. I just hope resource control crusaders missed this interview as it will definitely lead to untimely brewing of bad blood; when we're supposed to be preparing for elections.

You are not completely right bro. The idi0t brought up the derivation issue without being asked. He brought that up when he was castigating the present revenue sharing formula after proposing a retuen to true Federalism saying the Federal government takes 52% while states take 26%. He then went on to say that that formula is not fair and also that the derivation revenue accruals to resource producing states should be reduced from 13% to 6 or 7%. At that point, Maupe asked him how that comes into the picture when he was a minute ago advocating for true Federalism.

He was then asked based on what he said, what his take on the agitation for increase in the derivation allocation by oil producing states, he said if they use what they are currently getting judiciously, they wouldn't need to ask for more.

He also advocated that Lagos be granted a special status and 1% of Federal revenue be given to Lagos on the basis of that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by francizy(m): 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
Mr. Seun, Mr/Mrs. shilove, Mr. Lalasticlala

Please help us show Nigerians this great change we're witnessing... smiley

1 Like

Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by deskossy(m): 3:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
The guy's dullness is alarming..can't believe he is aspiring to be a senator. Smh

1 Like

Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by CHAIRMAN1(m): 11:03am On May 15, 2015
Mr. Seun, Mr/Mrs. Ishilove, Mr. Lalasticlala , front page na?
Re: Dissapointing! Prospective Senator Doesn't Understand The Concept Of Federalism by mikolo80: 11:27am On May 15, 2015
Yet he is a senator and una de nairaland de rant. Sigh
maestroferddi:

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEW; Governor Ameachi Walked Out On INEC Officers,refused to b Accredit / Breaking news: Goodluck Is Packing Our Money To Otuoke Oh! / Photo: See What Some People Did To The Portrait Of Ex President GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.