Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja (27495 Views)

Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos / Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Couple & Their 3 Kids Die In Fatal Accident On Their Way To Abuja(See Burial Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by onismate: 8:40am On Mar 10, 2015
I woke up immediately thinking I had missed the early morning bus to Abuja. I thought it was 7am, I forgot to set the alarm to wake me up early enough. I had to jump off the bed, switched on my florescent lamp, rushed to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and took my shower. I dressed up and picked up my travelling bag I arranged when I came back from work the previous day. As I opened my door and walked out, I saw that the whole place was still dark. “It seems the Lord has given us longer nights today ooo,” I thought to myself. Coupled with that, it was raining heavily. Part of me said I should go back and forget about the journey for that day. Another part of me said I should just jump into the rain, at least I will get a bike that would take me to the motor park. And I don’t even have an umbrella. I thought about the ideas, analyzed them and came to the conclusion that I need to leave the house that moment. ‘Even if I can’t meet the 3rd bus, I could still meet 4th one,’ I thought to myself. I decided to check the time to equate how long it would take me to get to the park.

It was a shock when I saw 1:29am on the wall clock.

“Is this clock joking,” I thought to myself.

“No, you are the one joking,” something said in my mind.

I was vexed. So all the hustling and struggling to leave the house, it was yet day break! ‘So I interrupted my sweet sleep to walk out that time!’ I thought to myself. I immediately took my bag inside and went to bed. After laying there for like 20 minutes, the sleep refused to come. As the sleep refused to come, my mind began to wonder around. My major concern was for the day to break. I wished the time would run faster that it was doing. It almost became a routine those hours, I was always checking the time to know if it has gotten to 05:30am.

The time was just crawling. When it got to 4:30am, I began feeling sleepy. I was struggling to hold myself but I couldn’t. Before I could understand what was happening, I was asleep only for me to open my eyes to the clock saying 06:51. I jumped off the bed immediately. Carried my bag outside. The rain has already ceased. I locked my door and took a bike to the park.

On getting to the park, I was told that it was the last bus which was the third that was loading. First and second bus had left. Chaiiiii, see gobe. I began grumbling within myself. I didn’t know the stupid evil spirit that woke me up by 1am. After that, sleep refused to come. It finally came but took me off without my knowledge. As I was grumbling, I overhead the driver complaining about a passenger who left to his house to poo. They were still waiting for him to come back so they could leave. I went to the driver and asked that the seat be given to me. He said it was impossible because he was a favourite customer and he paid for 3 seats.

As we were talking, one of their workers came to tell the driver that the man they were waiting for had arrived. He left. I stood there helpless, contemplating on what to do. I wished I had wings like angel to fly or even disappear and reappear in Abuja.

I moved to the bus. I looked and saw that everyone was seated but only one person was seated on the passenger’s seat at the front seats. And the second seat rows were only 2 instead of 3. “Driver, shey no be space be these ones, shey I no fit stay there?” I said to the driver.

“Which space! For your papa house or car or the car wey you carry come from house,” said the only passenger seating in the front row as everyone laughed. I looked at him with his beards that make him look like Osama the terrorist. If only he knew how he looked like when he laughed.
http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/965-the-day-i-travelled-with-osama-my-weird-experience

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by onismate: 8:41am On Mar 10, 2015
I peeped into the front row seat, a newspaper was on. “Abi dem don dey book space with newspaper again,” I said. Everyone in the car laughed. They were laughing, I wasn’t. It wasn’t funny, I need to be in Abuja before the end of the day. One of the workers in the park dragged me to a corner and began explaining to me that all seats had been filled. And the man at the front seat that I was talking with that look like osama, he’s a favourite customer. Each time he’s travelling, he usually buys 2 seats in front just for convenience. He seats in one and his newspaper on the other one. But that day, he bought 3. Two in front and one behind. He kept a small pulse on the seat behind, while he and his newspaper occupied the front seat.

I looked at the worker as he explained. The tangled hair on his head caught my attention. They looked like pawpaw seeds as he was explained; they were just story for the angels to believe. So passengers don dey book seat for their newspaper sef. Then, I wished I became an angel, or even a wizard that can fly. I needed to be in FCT that day. As I was there contemplating on what to do, the third bus had already started moving gradually, leaving the park. With my bag filled with unripe plantain and crayfish meant for my wife’s landlord in Abuja. I carried the bag and heading towards the gate. The third bus had finally left the park. I believed no car in any park would be going to Abuja that kind of time. My best bet was to leave and come back early enough the next morning.

As I left the park, on getting outside, I saw that the third bus had stopped. One of the passengers waved at me to come. “Wetin dem wan tell me,” I thought to myself. I felt they wanted to mock me again. With grudges i moved towards them. “Hurry up na,” the driver shouted. “Hurry up keh. Where I dey hurry dey go! The car wey no carry me na im I dey hurry go meet,” I said. I got there and the driver said that the Osama man has said I should take the space of his pulse behind him, so I can join the bus. The osama man said that I must carry his pulse till we get to our destination. Well, I looked at it. What was there in carrying a pulse! is it not to just carry it on my palms till we get to Abuja. “Of course I can do it,” I said to him as other passengers laughed. “I have valuables worth over a million naira so be careful and I don’t want anything missing,” the Osama man said. So because you get over millions of naira inside one pulse, person no go hear word. I began wondering, if he was so rich, why not take a plane to Abuja. Infact how come that kind of small pulse has about a million naira.” I wondered.

Na so I join the car oo come Carry the man pulse.

We were approaching Lokoja when the Osama man asked the driver to stop that he was pressed and want to urinate. The driver told him to exercise a little patience so we enter Lokoja fully so for those who would want to eat will do that and some other things. The Osama man refused entirely and threatened to urinate inside the car if the driver doesn’t stop. Some other passengers asked him to exercise a little patience, we were almost at Lokoja. The place we were was not comfortable enough, with the people selling snacks and other items. But Osama man no gree. The driver had to stop and he got down. We waited as he went to urinate. Na so this man urinate finish, he no wan come in again. He went to where they are selling gala. We were still waiting and patient. Na so this man was moving from store to store looking for gala. Passengers inside the car began complaining. Because there was gala virtually in all the stores. The driver went out of the car approaching him.

“Oga, wetin you dey find,” the driver said.

“Na gala I wan buy,” the osama man replied.

On hearing that, most of us in the car became vexed.

“So na gala this man dey find wey he just keep us hear since dey wait,” a female passenger screamed. “No be gala full everywhere so. Abi na another kind of gala from heaven him dey find!” Another passenger said. The driver wasn’t that happy anymore.

Driver--- Oga, buy wetin you wan buy make we begin move na.

Osama man--- I never see original one.

Chaiii, se me see wahala ooo. Shey gala dey get fake!

Driver--- no be gala full every were soo.

Osama man – all those ones no get NAFDAC number. Some sef don expire sef.

On hearing this, everyone in the car busted into laughter. “Na dis one we come enter today!” the woman behind me said. The osama man was determined to get his original gala. He was moving from one shop to another. When he picks up any gala, he checks the label for expiry date, he drops and checks another. If it doesn’t please him, he drops it and moves into another shop.

The driver was obviously angry. He threatened to leave him and go. But the osama man was still adamant. He told the driver to leave if he wants. Me never see character like this since I start to dey board car.

Finally, after minutes of waiting, the Osama man was trekking back to the car with a gala. I guessed he was able to see the one with SON, NAFDAC number which has not expired. I began to wonder, so after the long wait. Na only one gala N50 he buy. Immediately he entered the car, he began giving foolish apology. No one responded to him. “Make una come chop oo” he said as he tore open the gala. No one responded. I wondered, “shey na N50 gala all of us inside car go come share chop?” I thought to myself. why is he calling us to come eat gala.

We got to the main town, Lokoja. We got down at one of the eateries to eat and get some other few things. After about 30minutes of the eating’s, buying’s and all, the driver came back and passengers started coming into the car. Na so we begin to wait for Osama man oo. “Where is he! Where has he gone to?” we wondered. Or is it not the same eatery we entered to eat! After about 25minutes of wait, we sighted the Osama across the other side of the road prizing banana. The driver was so angry that he asked those who were yet to come into the car to come in. He drove to the other side to meet the Osama man. The driver asked him to come inside that there was no time, and we had been waiting for him. “Abeg make una wait joor. These plantain no ripe. I dey find soft fine plantain,” the Osama man screamed. Everyone in the car began shouting at him to get into the car, he was wasting our time. I began regretting entering that car. I should have obeyed my other voice in me that told me to stay back and travel the next day.

Na so we wait for the Osama man till he bought his N150 banana. He also said he wanted to poo. He went back to the eatery and spent about 30minutes. I guessed he was releasing all he had ate since 2 weeks. “I can’t wait for our car to get to Jabi for me to get down and leave.

The car got to Jabi in Abuja, some of us stopped there. As I was getting down, I dropped the pulse the Osama man gave to me on the seat I left and thanked him. He immediately came down of his seat and asked me to wait that he wants to search his pulse to confirm if everything was intact and nothing was missing. I didn’t bother waiting or even listened as he called me. I just took my bag, find a taxi and left. Person no get rest of mind say one Mr Osama dey inside car.
http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/965-the-day-i-travelled-with-osama-my-weird-experience

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by pwerrymansion(f): 9:17am On Mar 10, 2015
grin grin interesting piece bt inconclusive, hope there'll be a sequel to this. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Dioxidane: 9:20am On Mar 10, 2015
Very funny...

2 Likes

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 10, 2015
Sigh......
Buh tnk God u had a safe journey.

2 Likes

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 10, 2015
FunnY But Boring
Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Kk4(m): 9:37am On Mar 10, 2015
Hahahaha.

Abuja travel and their dramas
Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by tdayof(m): 9:37am On Mar 10, 2015
Funny but short.

1 Like

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by FemiFaniKayode: 10:24am On Mar 10, 2015
the osama guy is a clear pic of GEJ

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by dechandel(f): 4:48am On Mar 11, 2015
That Osama man is just very lucky not to have met an impatient driver or rather a no nonsense man!! I go leave the man waka.. What nonsense!!

3 Likes

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2015
he be like say make I just use my ak47 wound d man. the man is so so annoying.
but some pple are like dt in nature sha, always exhibiting nonchalant attitude anywr dy go.
awon eyan GEJ... smh

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Vitaglyde: 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2015
Nice
Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Jostico: 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2015
comment before reading and after reading edit. Omor ware
Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by missbehave247(m): 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2015
Hmm
Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by okonelfg(m): 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2015
Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
Ok...anyway, topic and content are disjointed...where is my cane undecided

This government sef..failing to provide mass transit from Abakaliki to Abuja...sine 1999AD

Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by jerrymania(m): 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
this is not even a nairalander's experience. Trash

1 Like

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by OgologoDimkpa: 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
Infatuation embarassed
Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 12, 2015
nairaland should just become a blog
Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by gbaskiboy: 12:32pm On Mar 12, 2015
long story poju joo

1 Like

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Babaneh(m): 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
na me send u travel... mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Coldfeet(f): 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
Wonders
Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by BUSHHUNTER: 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
Hmmm
Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 12, 2015
I no read am but I sabi sey
na for Abuja e for happen
Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by coalcoal1(m): 12:35pm On Mar 12, 2015
I was expecting more but this story ended with a sort of 'anticlimax'

2 Likes

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 12, 2015
Amebo mode activated.
Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Iceprincehkn(m): 12:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
This Guy just successfully said..... ASE!

1 Like

Re: His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2015
Da fuq did I just read?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Accident In Lekki Kills 2, Injures Another 2 (pics) / Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels / Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.