Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From (18865 Views)

Jos People Job Vacancy !! / An Important Lesson All Job Seekers Should Learn / 10 Questions Serious Job Seekers Must Ask Themselves Before Every Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
OK NOW
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by Yungmilio2(m): 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2015
chuckdee4:
I agree with all but number 6, grades can sometimes be deceptive and may not tell an accurate tale about a graduate
Absolutely right - not all courses is about the grade tin
Not about Read and pass
I
I might be a First class Computer science graduate and I might not be able to create a simple java program which a sec skul boy can do

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by kpotu(m): 3:13pm On Mar 10, 2015
Not to mention those punks who always ask about the outcome of an interview with a sinister
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by olabode89(m): 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Op,
No 1 and 2 are very true for some jobs especially govt jobs.. So those that say it sometimes are actually being realistic though that shouldn't deter anyone who wishes to apply..
No 4, what info are you trying to pass here?? That someone who has been in the job market for more than 3years is so dull and empty hence not worthy of a friend undecided undecided
No 6, what do you call good grade?? So 'good grades' now define people ehh?? You don't know that a 3rd class degree holder can be more knowledgeable a first class holder?? You no know say some people buy their good grades?

I can agree with 3 and 5 though...

Knowledgeable in the field of study?? Abi life in general?
Make we dey talk truth once once, it takes a lot to graduate with a First class. One needs to be dedicated and focused to make a First Class.
Abeg for where dem dey buy 1st class o, LMAO
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 10, 2015
olabode89:

Knowledgeable in the field of study?? Abi life in general?
Make we dey talk truth once once, it takes a lot to graduate with a First class. One needs to be dedicated and focused to make a First Class.
Abeg for where dem dey buy 1st class o, LMAO
So you are saying there's no possibility of a third class graduate outperforming a first clans graduate at an interview?? You think everyone that has a third class is dull and not worthy of association? undecided undecided
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by Odunharry(m): 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
chuckdee4:
I agree with all but number 6, grades can sometimes be deceptive and may not tell an accurate tale about a graduate
true
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by aristom(m): 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
Nice info....thanks tho grin
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by listenersky: 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
chuckdee4:
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by sexyjob(m): 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
freezone4real:
If you're aspiring to be a leader in any capacity, Study President Goodluck Jonathan, then do the exact Opposite.
High Fever. Take something plzzzz
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by saintneo(m): 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
Icon4s:
Job seekers please run away from these types of people for they can kill your dreams and expectations:

1. People who tell you it is not about what you know but who you know.

I laugh .... I laugh because I have always believed in excellence. I laugh because if it happens the first time, I will continue walking like a braveheart; but a second time can be depressing....

In Nigeria especially Oil and Gas industry, who you know works better than what you know. The HR Chief(overall head) in a service company in Nigeria once told me this. I know of someone an intelligent and humble chap, passed his test, slamdunked his interviews, received an offer of employment, accepted the offer, but was terminated within 30days because of someone-that-knows-a-top-oga wanted his position.

For me, be brilliant, be intelligent, be smart, be hardworking and most of all be close to God; because God is greater than oga-at-the-top.
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by chuckdee4(m): 3:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
Yungmilio2:

Absolutely right - not all courses is about the grade tin
Not about Read and pass
I
I might be a First class Computer science graduate and I might not be able to create a simple java program which a sec skul boy can do

Spot on

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by charlsecy(m): 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
Icon4s:
4. People who have been in the labour market for more than 3years without any job.
I think this is an invalid input.
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by mishB(f): 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
Just peeping.
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by peeceelove2: 5:12pm On Mar 10, 2015
MY CANDID ADVICE,

YOU CAN NOT HANG OUT WITH NEGATIVE PEOPLE
AND EXPECT TO LIVE A POSITIVE LIFE

AND REMEMBER AGAIN

BE WITH THOSE THAT BRING OUT THE BEST IN YOU
NOT THE STRESS IN YOU

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by millionboi(m): 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
Icon4s:
Job seekers please run away from these types of people for they can kill your dreams and expectations:

1. People who tell you it is not about what you know but who you know.
2. People who often see adverts and say they have already taken those they want to take.
3. People who would say you would have written/ attended atleast 5-6 interviews before 1 clicks.
4. People who have been in the labour market for more than 3years without any job.
5. People who often believe that only people who attended the first generation schools like UI, UNN, LAG, OAU, etc deserve to get the best jobs.
6. People who did not graduate with a good grade.

OP,nice write up,bt no 6 meks u a fool.....bt u cn edit it.

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by rago(m): 7:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
sirRiddy:
bla bla bla bla.
E tu ti gbe awon list oshi yin dey, right? angry

yes, bruv most times, they seem like craps like u said..

buh, theres occasionally some truth in there
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by rago(m): 7:07pm On Mar 10, 2015
ControlX:
Run away also from jobseekers who collect N3000 daily to risk their fragile future campaigning for a feminine-looking Ambode and a senile Buhari from one corner of Lagos to another rather than enrolling for GEJ'S SURE-P GIS.
IF YOU MEET THEM, DUST YOU RIGHTEOUS SHOES AND TAKE OFF!!!

feminine-looking Ambode?

lol bro..serious, he luks feminine or act like one?

throw some light on ds, ps smiley
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by olabode89(m): 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
MarvellousGod:
So you are saying there's no possibility of a third class graduate outperforming a first clans graduate at an interview?? You think everyone that has a third class is dull and not worthy of association? undecided undecided

No I am not saying that bro, But I strongly believe that the grades are a true representation of dedication to work and understanding of laid down principles. I also know that there are some peeps that graduated with 3rd class that are actually smart but they were not focused at some point in school or were witch-hunted in school. I have an issue with 3rd class peeps hiding under the "we can perform better than them first class peeps in interviews"
In conclusion class of degree is not everything in life, but it assists in opening of doors.

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by djkellyu(m): 7:15am On Mar 11, 2015
You are right guy
Here are successful tips on how to make a good career
www.learnerstools.com/2015/01/making-career-choice.html
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 11, 2015
Wanna get inspired? Follow www.purposefullivingwithkosiebirim..com
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by Icon4s(m): 10:59am On Mar 11, 2015
I know most peeps would disagree with point 6 bc over 80% of job seekers dnt graduate with atleast a 2:1.
Point 6 is a bitter truth bt it is truth all the same.
Re: 6 Types Of People Job Seekers Must Run Away From by simdam500(m): 10:21am On Mar 16, 2015
Noted......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Invitation From Workforce. / Nigeria Ports Authority Recruitment Commences / Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.