Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 (26468 Views)

Bayern Munich Vs Arsenal :UCL (5 - 1) On 15th February 2017 / Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 3) On 3rd October 2015 / Manchester United Vs Tottenham Hotspur (3 - 0) On 15th March 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by Segadem(m): 4:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
fredoooooo:

i am ready grin grin
for defeat by thotheham?
grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by SirShymexx: 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
Edoblakky:
This is the type of sloppy play that costs the league. It's clear we are not hungry enough for the title. Let the title go to the hungriest team - it may be Arsenal, Man city or even Man U. Chelsea wants their fans to die of heart attack first before delivering the league. Their plan will be shamed. What a woeful performance - having lost out in the champions league due to a lackadaisical show, there's even no hunger to win. These Chelsea boys do not have the character of champions. I am so pained.

Our team isn't just balanced...I've been saying this all season long.

We're just too predictable, and we lack the cutting edge in the final 3rd whenever Fabregas isn't functional, or when there's no counter-attack. Coupled with defenders scoring - or Costa bullying his way through. Hazard just dances with the ball all the time, ditto Willian. We miss someone like Lampard (not saying Lampard has to come back) who can shoot from outside in that team.

They'd probably have to sacrifice Oscar (I don't understand his game apart from flashes of brilliance from time to time) and Willian/Ramires in summer - for better midfielders who can shoot.

And get those younsters in the mix - with another good striker. Drogba is old, and Loic Remy isn't a direct striker.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by pbs4real(m): 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Is Arsenal actually a top team?

When was the last time you lot lifted the EPL title, or finished 2nd?

Please, this is about a table-toppers, not mediocre teams. undecided
enjoy d top of the log 4 nw. ,hv u 4gotin no be who cal police they win case?

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by RealVinci(m): 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
CFC 4 life
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by Temysteve(m): 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
creamylicious:
and one man on radio come and be saying that Chelsea will lose according to a vision he saw. plus arsenal will win d league
dey deceive ur self baba....
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by Segadem(m): 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2015
pbs4real:
it wld be lyk film trick wen u see us topping d log b4 end of april. . .
day dreamer
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by paechocs(m): 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
good... I luv that
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by Edoblakky(m): 5:02pm On Mar 15, 2015
SirShymexx:

Our team isn't just balanced...I've been saying this all season long.

We're just too predictable, and we lack the cutting edge in the final 3rd whenever Fabregas isn't functional, or when there's no counter-attack. Coupled with defenders scoring - or Costa bullying his way through. Hazard just dances with the ball all the time, ditto Willian. We miss someone like Lampard (not saying Lampard has to come back) who can shoot from outside in that team.

They'd probably have to sacrifice Oscar (I don't understand his game apart from flashes of brilliance from time to time) and Willian/Ramires in summer - for better midfielders who can shoot.

And get those younsters in the mix - with another good striker. Drogba is old, and Loic Remy isn't a direct striker.
But this is the team we started the season with. I feel our boys are just too complacent and they have no hunger. If Man city had not slipped several times, we'd be trailing them now. This league has been given to us but the question is"are we ready to take it?". Like I said before, Cuadrado buy was a huge mistake we may live to regret. That guy is a strong reducing agent for us. This is actually when we need Mikel but his injury is yet to heal due to old age.

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by darelar(m): 5:02pm On Mar 15, 2015
the beginning of chealsea downfall
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by benedicts(m): 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2015
angry embarassedWhy is This referee biased? Chelsea deserve to win this match.
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by CaptPlanet(m): 5:07pm On Mar 15, 2015
The draw was disappointing but i'll take it. 6 points clear of the rest with a game in hand is not so bad.

If we're going to keep playing like this, there's need for a more creative 10, like Mata...not necessarily him, maybe Pastore / Hamsik.

If not we'll need someone who can shoot from distance. The league is still ours
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by SirShymexx: 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2015
Edoblakky:
But this is the team we started the season with. I feel our boys are just too complacent and they have no hunger. If Man city had not slipped several times, we'd be trailing them now. This league has been given to us but the question is"are we ready to take it?". Like I said before, Cuadrado buy was a huge mistake we may live to regret. That guy is a strong reducing agent for us. This is actually when we need Mikel but his injury is yet to heal due to old age.

Fabregas lighted the season up at the beginning - but he's exhausted now, and we're back to where we used to be. Hazard running around. Willian dancing around, with poor decision making. Oscar's flash of brilliance, but ghost most times. Same ol same ol. We're a great team on counter-attack, but once that's taken away and we don't have defenders scoring - we always struggle. The team isn't just balanced - 2/3 players away from that.

Cuadrado is yet to settle into English football (pace and how physical the league is), coupled with language barrier. Once he settles down, he'll give teams a lot of problems. Not worried about him at all, watched a lot of his game while he was at Florentina...and the guy can play. A far better Willian who can score goals and a tad bit better with decision making.
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by CaptPlanet(m): 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2015
Edoblakky:

Which Mikel? Matic has been outstanding since his arrival. If there's anyone to sit there when there no Matic, it's Ramires plus he can shoot from range. What we need is a Mata esque kind of player but stronger. Maybe Hamsik/Pastore and another striker...Negredo maybe.
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by pat077: 5:12pm On Mar 15, 2015
Only God know where Chelsea would have been now if city were to b in form.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by illswift(m): 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
Edoblakky:
I wld rather put it this way, its our slip up that's putting them within reach of chelsea, we we could be over 12 pts clear at this stage. And u have to understand we cnt just walk to the top.
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by benedicts(m): 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
[/color]
SirShymexx:

Fabregas lighted the season up at the beginning - but he's exhausted now, and we're back to where we used to be. Hazard running around. Willian dancing around, with poor decision making. Oscar's flash of brilliance, but ghost most times. Same ol same ol. We're a great team on counter-attack, but once that's taken away and we don't have defenders scoring - we always struggle. The team isn't just balanced - 2/3 players away from that.

Cuadrado is yet to settle into English football (pace and how physical the league is), coupled with language barrier. Once he settles down, he'll give teams a lot of problems. Not worried about him at all, watched a lot of his game while he was at Florentina...and the guy can play. A far better Willian who can score goals and a tad bit better with decision making.

[color=#000099]
SirShymexx:

SirShymexx:

that is where the coaching comes in, mouriho is suppose to know and see these lacadesical attitude of these players and make reasonable changes. HE DOES HIS CHANGES LATE when most expected on time.. same problem we had with PSG. Poor defence and porous mid feeding. if we must win this title, patterns of play must change.
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by benedicts(m): 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2015
pat077:
Only God know where Chelsea would have been now if city were to b in form.
City is face the same problem Chelsea is facing, we both are not getting it right. Just wait see what happens if city drops to no3. Chelsea will wake up from slumber
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by benedicts(m): 5:34pm On Mar 15, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
WE NEED HUNGRY STRIKERS AND PLAYMAKERS AT THE MID FIELD, UNPREDICTED DEFENDERS, to assist the few mentally balanced players we have now.
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by SirShymexx: 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
benedicts:
[color=#000099][/color]

that is where the coaching comes in, mouriho is suppose to know and see these lacadesical attitude of these players and make reasonable changes. HE DOES HIS CHANGES LATE when most expected on time.. same problem we had with PSG. Poor defence and porous mid feeding. if we must win this title, patterns of play must change.

Fabregas and Matic just need some rest, man. It's obvious both are exhausted cos they have carried this team all season long with linking the midfield and attack - and shielding the back four. However, the problem is that we don't have any worthy replacements for them.

With PSG: I believe he had a different game plan. Contain them when they come forward in numbers, and hit them on the counter. However, the red card changed everything.

After we scored, rather than apply pressure to 10-men contented with winning the midfield battle - with Pastore and Cavani going forward from time to time - and Verratti with his high work rate sweeping everything. He decided to play conservative football with Zouma shielding Cahill and Terry. Shield them from what? PSG FWDs aren't even pacy lol.
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 15, 2015
So many scared players in this Chelsea side now. The defeat by PSG completely drained them of every self-belief they ever hard And rightly so, it was a disgrace.
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by echobee(f): 5:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
fredoooooo:

Princess dey
Na me and echobee dey Montecarlo now grin grin
fredooooooo angry. U and who? tongue
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by Splendinho35: 5:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
234GT:

Why are you sure you will win your outstanding game?
Because This Is Chelsea!!! #CHELSEA4LIFE
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by fredoooooo: 5:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
echobee:

fredooooooo angry. U and who? tongue
Echobee darling you just dey wake up ? grin grin grin
you de see man u so ? grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by scott99: 8:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
For latest gist on anything at all, check http://www.jumpnaija..com[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by echobee(f): 8:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
fredoooooo:

Echobee darling you just dey wake up ? grin grin grin
you de see man u so ? grin
Fredooooooo angry u dey find trouble oooooooo tongue. Wetin be my business with mandisunited? grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by benedicts(m): 9:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
SirShymexx:

Fabregas and Matic just need some rest, man. It's obvious both are exhausted cos they have carried this team all season long with linking the midfield and attack - and shielding the back four. However, the problem is that we don't have any worthy replacements for them.

With PSG: I believe he had a different game plan. Contain them when they come forward in numbers, and hit them on the counter. However, the red card changed everything.

After we scored, rather than apply pressure to 10-men contented with winning the midfield battle - with Pastore and Cavani going forward from time to time - and Verratti with his high work rate sweeping everything. He decided to play conservative football with Zouma shielding Cahill and Terry. Shield them from what? PSG FWDs aren't even pacy lol.

hmmmmmmm, no be lie but we still need serious work in order to win d EPL
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by nairabetguru(m): 10:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
Mou pilling unecesarry pressure on himself........ Blues trying too had to win these dayz.....

The Special 1 is gradually deteriorating
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by fredoooooo: 11:07pm On Mar 15, 2015
echobee:

Fredooooooo angry u dey find trouble oooooooo tongue. Wetin be my business with mandisunited? grin
echobee darling kiss
united dey greet you ? I will propose to you at the old trafford or the bridge grin grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by Akhimienden(m): 11:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
MUST CHELSEA WIN EVERYDAY
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by buJu234: 7:50am On Mar 16, 2015
Akhimienden:

No but atleast let them play good football...

so that u their fan will have hope of winning another day...
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by ochmanuc(m): 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
Still on track wink
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015 by Legendoscar2: 10:45pm On Mar 16, 2015
Akhimienden:

No , but must we when it matters most and especially any time City drop points!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Burnley (2 - 1) On 17th August 2019 / France Vs Iceland :Euro 2016 Quarter-finals (5 - 2) On 3rd July 2016 / West Brom Vs Arsenal (0 - 4) On 2nd January 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.