Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS (954 Views)

Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel / Nigeria Borrows To Pay Salaries With Cash Crunch Worsening / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by easrael(f): 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
Civil servants in Osun State trooped out on Tuesday and staged a public protest against the alleged non-payment of five months salaries by the state government.

The workers, who were led by the Chairman of the Trade Union Congress in the state, Mr. Olatunji Akinyemi, marched through the Osogbo/Gbongan Road chanting anti-government songs.

The workers said apart from the failure of the Governor Rauf Aregbesola-led administration to pay them the outstanding salaries, the same government had refused to remit pension deducted from their previous salaries to various retirement savings accounts.

They claimed that the governor was busy spending the state’s resources on campaigns of the All Progressives Congress and left workers to suffer untold hardship.

The TUC chairman, who spoke in an interview with our correspondent said workers who were due for promotion since 2013 had been denied their rights adding that the government had not shown that the workers meant anything to his administration.

He said, “We are out on the streets today to protest the non-payment of our salaries. The government is owing us five months.

“Apart from the salaries, the loan repayment deductions, pension deductions and union dues deducted from our salaries were stopped were not remitted to the appropriate quarters.

“The workers say no to non payment of our salaries, we say no to illegal withholding of fund deducted from our salaries. The government has refused to pay its part of workers’ pension, the ones deducted from our salaries were not remitted.”

He said that no worker could go on retirement now with this situation because they would suffer if they tried it.

One of the workers, who identified herself as Kemi, told our correspondent that she and many of her colleagues trekked an average of six kilometers everyday to and from their places of work.

Despite going through this suffering, she added that they have not been paid a dime since October 2014.

The media aide to the governor, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, promised to send the position of his principal on the protest. He was yet to do so as of the time of filing this report.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/osun-workers-protest-non-payment-of-five-months-salaries/

Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by 1blacboi(m): 1:41pm On Mar 10, 2015
This is quite unfortunate, its so obvious that our leaders aren't sincere.

I hope the best candidate wins this election.
Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by easrael(f): 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
cc
Cc

Ngwakwe, OAM4J, Ikenna351, Afam4eva, maclatunji

Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by Horizona001(m): 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
IsaAbubakar:
Oshiomole is a scallywag

Gej till 2019

Hope you know who Osun State governor is?

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by temitemi1(m): 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
Another "progressive" state grin grin grin. Your money is in tinubu's acc grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by Buchianom(m): 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
is this the type of change they want to bring to Nigeria??

God will disgrace all of them by 28th March.

##forwardNigeria
Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by jogsman01(m): 2:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
i suppose dey dat protest oooo.... i dey come
Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by gen2briz(m): 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
Five months.....

Una get strong mind ooo, how you come dey survive.
Chai Chai
Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by DrOBD(m): 2:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
This is not the change I seek
Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
Now, this is CHANGE!
Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by Frankiss44(m): 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
same fools that were jubilating when the court declared their scaly wag of a governor the winner of the election.

This is the change you guys asked for... stick with it. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
The Osun situation is a sorry case. Majority are full of regrets over salary and pension wahala.
Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by KINGSNEEZE(m): 3:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
I'm sure the workers are pdp paid agents......OSUN is enjoying the change they seeked for, the next will be River state workers, all of Una should wait for the change oh .....how was ur day Jare
Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by Blackfire(m): 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2015
i need source,pictures to believe.ok i ve seen it..But this pdp propaganda.
Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by Dahjhi: 3:54pm On Mar 10, 2015
easrael:
cc
Cc

Ngwakwe, OAM4J, Ikenna351, Afam4eva, maclatunji
bro you tried oo.. So u just fabbed the pics on this post and con create ur own post.. Nice but not perfect job.. undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/2188448/osun-state-workers-protests-unpaid

Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by easrael(f): 5:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
Dahjhi:
bro you tried oo.. So u just fabbed the pics on this post and con create ur own post.. Nice but not perfect job.. undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/2188448/osun-state-workers-protests-unpaid

Maybe you didn't see the timing, I created the post first and later saw the pics somewhere online and brought it in.....I then put a source na, the mods here didnt carry me to FP last last na
Re: Osun Workers Protest Non-payment Of Five Months Salaries with PICS by Dahjhi: 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
easrael:

Maybe you didn't see the timing, I created the post first and later saw the pics somewhere online and brought it in.....I then put a source na, the mods here didnt carry me to FP last last na
shut that bro.... I personally took does pics with my phone, I was at the protest myself... So where DA heck do u wanna say u got that..? No pic for ur link... Don't try to defend it bro its okay.. . .

(1) (Reply)

Cant Believe This!! Buhari Founder Of Boko Haram From 80's# / APC Killer Squad Controversy! Aeroland Wants Yayi To Come Straight / Election Tension, But...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.