Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,380 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Pls How Do I Transfer A Uk Visit. Visa To A New Passport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls How Do I Transfer A Uk Visit. Visa To A New Passport? (1646 Views)

Application To Transfer A Standard Route (postal) Application To Premium Service / Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think ! / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Do I Transfer A Uk Visit. Visa To A New Passport? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 10, 2015
Dear Nlanders, does anyone know how I can go about the transfer of a UK family visit visa from an expired passport to a new one? Thanks. PS - I had a surname (Family name) change. So my new passport bears a different surname but the visa on the expired passport is in the former surname.
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer A Uk Visit. Visa To A New Passport? by justwise(m): 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
Tone23:
Dear Nlanders, does anyone know how I can go about the transfer of a UK family visit visa from an expired passport to a new one? Thanks. PS - I had a surname (Family name) change. So my new passport bears a different surname but the visa on the expired passport is in the former surname.

You don't need to transfer it, all you need to do is to travel with both passports, the old one is cancelled without Prejudice, so you will be fine...but..how did you go about the name change? Was it published?
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer A Uk Visit. Visa To A New Passport? by brainwave(m): 4:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer A Uk Visit. Visa To A New Passport? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
justwise:

You don't need to transfer it, all you need to do is to travel with both passports, the old one is cancelled without Prejudice, so you will be fine...but..how did you go about the name change? Was it published?
. Thanks @Justwise. Yes I actually had the name change published in a national newspaper and as well did the court affidavit to that effect. I actually would simply have opted to carry both passports when travelling to the UK save for the different surname on both passports hence my concern!
justwise:

. Thanks @Justwise. Yes I actually had the name change published in a national newspaper and as well did the court affidavit to that effect. I actually would simply have opted to carry both passports when travelling to the UK save for the different surname on both passports hence my concern!

1 Like

Re: Pls How Do I Transfer A Uk Visit. Visa To A New Passport? by justwise(m): 4:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
brainwave:
Interesting

You edited your post? Because Tone23 = brainwave?
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer A Uk Visit. Visa To A New Passport? by justwise(m): 4:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
Tone23:
. Thanks @Justwise. Yes I actually had the name change published in a national newspaper and as well did the court affidavit to that effect. I actually would simply have opted to carry both passports when travelling to the UK save for the different surname on both passports hence my concern! . Thanks @Justwise. Yes I actually had the name change published in a national newspaper and as well did the court affidavit to that effect. I actually would simply have opted to carry both passports when travelling to the UK save for the different surname on both passports hence my concern!

It's not a problem as long as you travel with both passports, cutout of the page where it was published and the affidavit. When the visa expires then you don't need to be carrying those documents when traveling.
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer A Uk Visit. Visa To A New Passport? by blank(f): 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
Like Justwise said, just ensure that Nigerian immigration stamps "cancelled without prejudice" on the old passport. They forgot to do mine when i did a change of name.
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer A Uk Visit. Visa To A New Passport? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
justwise:

It's not a problem as long as you travel with both passports, cutout of the page where it was published and the affidavit. When the visa expires then you don't need to be carrying those documents when traveling.
. Ok. Thanks a million!
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer A Uk Visit. Visa To A New Passport? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
blank:
Like Justwise said, just ensure that Nigerian immigration stamps "cancelled without prejudice" on the old passport. They forgot to do mine when i did a change of name.
@blank. Thanks a lot. Yes, the Nigerian Immigration stamp "cancelled without prejudice" was put on the expired passport bearing the erstwhile surname. Hope the omission by the Nigerian Immigration didn't cause you stress? I just hate the idea of any immigration wahala more so in oyinbo land(lol)
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer A Uk Visit. Visa To A New Passport? by blank(f): 5:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
Tone23:
@blank. Thanks a lot. Yes, the Nigeriaan Immigration stamp "cancelled without prejudice" was put on the expired passport bearing the erstwhile surname. Hope the omission by the Nigerian Immigration didn't cause you stress? I just hate the idea of any immigration wahala more so in oyinbo land(lol)

I was lucky. It was the visa officer that noted it. So i went back to immigration to get it sorted out before i traveled.

(1) (Reply)

A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! / You Won't Believe This Is LAGOS Nigeria! / Help With Direction: Festac To Berger.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.