Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:17 PM

Urgent,sienna 99 Gear Problem. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent,sienna 99 Gear Problem. (2067 Views)

Step By Step Guide On How I Fixed Audi A4 2002 Gear Problem / Help Gear Problem / Gear Problem In Mazda Astina 323f (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent,sienna 99 Gear Problem. by Lordscrown(m): 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hi guys,
My toyota sienna 99 refused to move when I select D,but it will reverse,that was few hours ago.but right now,it will move forwrd and refuse to reverse.and I just discovered gear oil had being leaking all this while,had to pour another atf,but yet,it stil won't reverse.

Plz help,could it be the gear is damaged or need minor adjustment and repair.

Thanks
Re: Urgent,sienna 99 Gear Problem. by DECOtech(m): 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
Lordscrown:

Plz help,could it be the gear is damaged or need minor adjustment and repair.

Thanks

It is possible that your ATF leaked to the point that your transmission ran dry and that would most definitely ruin it.

I would advise you allow a technician examine and scan your transmission to know the extent of damage done. with that he would be able to advise you on getting another transmission or rebuilding your faulty one.

1 Like

Re: Urgent,sienna 99 Gear Problem. by nurey(m): 9:01am On Mar 11, 2015
1. If you have replaced your transmission fluid before, then it simply means the fluid you used isn't the recommended one and because that fluid cannot hold the temperature of the transmission it starts to boil reason for the leakage, I will advice you get the recommended ATF (dextron VI since it replaced dextron III).

2. The transmission in that car is one solid one and may not give way if abused, your car may reverse or move but the RPM will reach 3000, if that is your case then the transmission is still ok, solution to this is find a competent mecho that will check your transmission and give appropriate remedy.

3. If the ATF fluid is black, u check the dip stick and smells of carbon (burning smell) then that ATF used is bad. The colour on the dip stick should be dark pink in colour and have something close to ammonia smell.

1 Like

Re: Urgent,sienna 99 Gear Problem. by RescueASA1: 10:28am On Mar 11, 2015
when in drive, does it pick well? is the reverse the only problem or does it have further problems while engaging? before you can get a solution the gear needs to be checked for answers to this questions. you can call this number 08164664444, you should get the help you need

1 Like

Re: Urgent,sienna 99 Gear Problem. by Lordscrown(m): 2:32pm On Mar 12, 2015
Thanx,I local gear expert told me my gear is burnt and need replacement.ie leather clush.and going to cost me 50k..what shloud I do?
DECOtech:

It is possible that your ATF leaked to the point that your transmission ran dry and that would most definitely ruin it.

I would advise you allow a technician examine and scan your transmission to know the extent of damage done. with that he would be able to advise you on getting another transmission or rebuilding your faulty one.
Re: Urgent,sienna 99 Gear Problem. by Lordscrown(m): 2:45pm On Mar 12, 2015
Thanx,I smell it and its kind of burning smell,my mech used ambro atf,now,he said the leather clush is burnt and need replacement.cost 50k,what should I do?am tired and sad.
nurey:
1. If you have replaced your transmission fluid before, then it simply means the fluid you used isn't the recommended one and because that fluid cannot hold the temperature of the transmission it starts to boil reason for the leakage, I will advice you get the recommended ATF (dextron VI since it replaced dextron III).

2. The transmission in that car is one solid one and may not give way if abused, your car may reverse or move but the RPM will reach 3000, if that is your case then the transmission is still ok, solution to this is find a competent mecho that will check your transmission and give appropriate remedy.

3. If the ATF fluid is black, u check the dip stick and smells of carbon (burning smell) then that ATF used is bad. The colour on the dip stick should be dark pink in colour and have something close to ammonia smell.
Re: Urgent,sienna 99 Gear Problem. by nurey(m): 3:30pm On Mar 12, 2015
Lordscrown:
Thanx,I smell it and its kind of burning smell,my mech used ambro atf,now,he said the leather clush is burnt and need replacement.cost 50k,what should I do?am tired and sad.

The last time the gear of that same sienna was changed 90k was quoted by the mechanic though a 2001 model, if you are in lagos I would advice you speak with gazzuzz, he frequents ladipo, he can help u get price and also he is a reliable and trusted automobile engineer.

After the gear has been fixed please don't use abro atf, use a reputable product rated as DEXTRON VI from a reputable fueling station or marketer.

1 Like

Re: Urgent,sienna 99 Gear Problem. by DECOtech(m): 10:40pm On Mar 12, 2015
Lordscrown:
Thanx,I local gear expert told me my gear is burnt and need replacement.ie leather clush.and going to cost me 50k..what shloud I do?

Bros, I remember asking you to scan your transmission. the result would let me know what to say. Though, running to the market to buy another transmission might seem like a quick remedy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord 1999 (baby Boy) Problem / Engine Ringing! Please Help / Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.