Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,110 members, 7,863,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

15 Innocent, White Lies Women Tell Men That They See Right Through - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15 Innocent, White Lies Women Tell Men That They See Right Through (990 Views)

Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / You Can’t Have Your Husband Alone -three Women Tell Housewife / For The Men That Believe Cheating Is Their Right.(opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Innocent, White Lies Women Tell Men That They See Right Through by Loyalblak007(f): 8:41pm On Mar 10, 2015
1. “I’m fine.”

What it means: If today were opposite day, yeah, I’d be fine.

Why they use it: Because it would be too easy to just come right out and tell us that something’s bothering them.

Used in a sentence: “Don’t worry about standing me up at dinner last night, I’m fine.”

Synonyms: It’s whatever; Don’t worry about it, Let’s just move on

2. “I never do this.”

What it means: I do this quite often, really.

Why they use it: To give the impression that they don’t do sh*t like this on a week-to-week basis.

Used in a sentence: “Oh… you didn’t use a condom – it’s OK, I never do this.”

Synonyms: This is new for me; Wow, first time for everything I guess

3. “I’ll be ready in five minutes.”

What it means: I’ll be ready in 25 to 35 minutes.

Why they use it: To buy themselves some more time while getting ready.

Used in a sentence: “You can wait outside, I’ll be ready in five minutes.”

Synonyms: Gimme a couple; I’ll be out soon; Five mins; Take a five

4. “I’m not drunk.”

What it means: I’m very drunk.

Why they use it: To prove that they’re very in control of themselves and liquor consumption.

Used in a sentence: “What Er u saying I’m yb hte bar…..I’m not drunk.”

Synonyms: I barely even drank; I’m not durnkk

5. “I’m not gonna puke.”

What it means: Start the countdown, she’s about to blow.

Why they use it: I don’t know, maybe because she’s triple the legal BAC limit and her perception is slightly skewed.

Used in a sentence: “No, I just need to use the bathroom within the next 10 seconds – no, I’m not gonna puke.”

Synonyms: I feel fine; I just have to use the ladies’ room; Excuse me for a second; Where the F*CK is the nearest bathroom

6. “I’m usually not this crazy.”

What it means: I’m usually crazy, just maybe not THIS crazy.

Why they use it: To salvage any remains of their integrity and perhaps their chance at a second date.

Used in a sentence: “Wow, that escalated really fast. I’m usually not this crazy.”

Synonyms: I’m normal; I’M NORMAL

7.“Oh, he’s just a friend.”

What it means: He’s a friend, but, yeah, I probably have slept with him at some point or another.

Why they use it: To keep their sexual history as vague as possible.

Used in a sentence: “The guy who just touched my ass? Oh, he’s just a friend – stop being so paranoid.”

Synonyms: We went to camp together; I know him from high school; he’s like a brother to me

8. “I didn’t expect anything from you anyway.”

What it means: She expected quite a bit from you, in fact – now that you’ve split ties with her – the book of baby names she bought will undoubtedly go to waste.

Why they use it: To project the fact that they’re independent and by no means emotionally invested in you.

Used in a sentence: “Oh, we’re breaking up… now? That’s fine, I didn’t expect anything from you anyway.”

Synonyms: We weren’t anything, anyway

9. “I promise I won’t get mad.”

What it means: Wait and see how mad I’m about to get.

Why they use it: To entice you into divulging something you wouldn’t have, prior.

Used in a sentence: “Just tell me the truth, everything, I promise I won’t get mad.”

Synonyms: I don’t care, just tell me; Just tell me now and I’ll forget about it

10.“I’m not the type to get jealous…”

What it means: Something just made me jealous.

Why they use it: To provide themselves with some feigned confidence.

Used in a sentence: “I saw you check out that girl, good thing I’m not the type to get jealous or else we’d have a problem.”

Synonyms: She was gross

11. “We were bar hopping.”

What it means: There was probably a club, or two, as well as a dude’s apartment involved.

Why they use it: Because “bar hopping” sounds fun-loving and innocent.

Used in a sentence: “Yeah, it was a girls’ night, we just went bar hopping.”

Synonyms: Bounced around some dive bars; We had a low-key night; It was an early night

12. “I don’t care about her, she’s in your past.”

What it means: I really haven’t been able to do much of anything since I saw you like her Instagram.

Why they use it: To make it known that she’s aware of your dating history and ensure that it remains “history.”

Used in a sentence: “Your ex texted you? True, I don’t care about her, she’s in your past.”

Synonyms: Whatever; She’s old news; Do you still want her?

13. “I’m on my period."

What it means: We ain’t having sex!

Why they use it: Because they ain’t trying to have sex with your sorry ass!

Used in a sentence: “Stay right there, I’m on my period.”

Synonyms: It’s my time of the month; I don’t think you’re going to wanna go down there; These sheets are new; Yeah, I’ve got the new stringless tampons

14. “Sorry my phone’s dying and the charger is on the other side of the room.”

What it means: You just got ignored via text.

Why they use it: To seem polite, even though they just blatantly ignored a string of your text messages.

Used in a sentence: “Sorry, my phone’s dying and the charger is on the other side of the room – I’m just getting these now.” […Weeks later.]

Synonyms: I’m sorry, the number you have reached is not in service or is temporarily disconnected

15. “I’ve only had sex with [insert low number here] people.”

What it means: I’ve had sex with [that tiny number of] people, multiplied by three.

Why they use it: To appear more sexually selective than they might be.

Used in a sentence: “I’ve only had sex with three people, and I’m just keeping the Costco-sized box of dental dams in the closet for my roommate.”

1 Like

Re: 15 Innocent, White Lies Women Tell Men That They See Right Through by ShirelleBaby: 9:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hmmm
Re: 15 Innocent, White Lies Women Tell Men That They See Right Through by rudebouy: 9:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
U try. Old gist.

Shd be in romance section.
Re: 15 Innocent, White Lies Women Tell Men That They See Right Through by Infomizer(m): 11:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
Not all men see through...Not all!

1 Like

Re: 15 Innocent, White Lies Women Tell Men That They See Right Through by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:32am On Mar 12, 2015
Loyalblak007:
1. “I’m fine.”

What it means: If today were opposite day, yeah, I’d be fine.

Why they use it: Because it would be too easy to just come right out and tell us that something’s bothering them.

Used in a sentence: “Don’t worry about standing me up at dinner last night, I’m fine.”

Synonyms: It’s whatever; Don’t worry about it, Let’s just move on

2. “I never do this.”

What it means: I do this quite often, really.

Why they use it: To give the impression that they don’t do sh*t like this on a week-to-week basis.

Used in a sentence: “Oh… you didn’t use a condom – it’s OK, I never do this.”

Synonyms: This is new for me; Wow, first time for everything I guess

3. “I’ll be ready in five minutes.”

What it means: I’ll be ready in 25 to 35 minutes.

Why they use it: To buy themselves some more time while getting ready.

Used in a sentence: “You can wait outside, I’ll be ready in five minutes.”

Synonyms: Gimme a couple; I’ll be out soon; Five mins; Take a five

4. “I’m not drunk.”

What it means: I’m very drunk.

Why they use it: To prove that they’re very in control of themselves and liquor consumption.

Used in a sentence: “What Er u saying I’m yb hte bar…..I’m not drunk.”

Synonyms: I barely even drank; I’m not durnkk

5. “I’m not gonna puke.”

What it means: Start the countdown, she’s about to blow.

Why they use it: I don’t know, maybe because she’s triple the legal BAC limit and her perception is slightly skewed.

Used in a sentence: “No, I just need to use the bathroom within the next 10 seconds – no, I’m not gonna puke.”

Synonyms: I feel fine; I just have to use the ladies’ room; Excuse me for a second; Where the F*CK is the nearest bathroom

6. “I’m usually not this crazy.”

What it means: I’m usually crazy, just maybe not THIS crazy.

Why they use it: To salvage any remains of their integrity and perhaps their chance at a second date.

Used in a sentence: “Wow, that escalated really fast. I’m usually not this crazy.”

Synonyms: I’m normal; I’M NORMAL

7.“Oh, he’s just a friend.”

What it means: He’s a friend, but, yeah, I probably have slept with him at some point or another.

Why they use it: To keep their sexual history as vague as possible.

Used in a sentence: “The guy who just touched my ass? Oh, he’s just a friend – stop being so paranoid.”

Synonyms: We went to camp together; I know him from high school; he’s like a brother to me

8. “I didn’t expect anything from you anyway.”

What it means: She expected quite a bit from you, in fact – now that you’ve split ties with her – the book of baby names she bought will undoubtedly go to waste.

Why they use it: To project the fact that they’re independent and by no means emotionally invested in you.

Used in a sentence: “Oh, we’re breaking up… now? That’s fine, I didn’t expect anything from you anyway.”

Synonyms: We weren’t anything, anyway

9. “I promise I won’t get mad.”

What it means: Wait and see how mad I’m about to get.

Why they use it: To entice you into divulging something you wouldn’t have, prior.

Used in a sentence: “Just tell me the truth, everything, I promise I won’t get mad.”

Synonyms: I don’t care, just tell me; Just tell me now and I’ll forget about it

10.“I’m not the type to get jealous…”

What it means: Something just made me jealous.

Why they use it: To provide themselves with some feigned confidence.

Used in a sentence: “I saw you check out that girl, good thing I’m not the type to get jealous or else we’d have a problem.”

Synonyms: She was gross

11. “We were bar hopping.”

What it means: There was probably a club, or two, as well as a dude’s apartment involved.

Why they use it: Because “bar hopping” sounds fun-loving and innocent.

Used in a sentence: “Yeah, it was a girls’ night, we just went bar hopping.”

Synonyms: Bounced around some dive bars; We had a low-key night; It was an early night

12. “I don’t care about her, she’s in your past.”

What it means: I really haven’t been able to do much of anything since I saw you like her Instagram.

Why they use it: To make it known that she’s aware of your dating history and ensure that it remains “history.”

Used in a sentence: “Your ex texted you? True, I don’t care about her, she’s in your past.”

Synonyms: Whatever; She’s old news; Do you still want her?

13. “I’m on my period."

What it means: We ain’t having sex!

Why they use it: Because they ain’t trying to have sex with your sorry ass!

Used in a sentence: “Stay right there, I’m on my period.”

Synonyms: It’s my time of the month; I don’t think you’re going to wanna go down there; These sheets are new; Yeah, I’ve got the new stringless tampons

14. “Sorry my phone’s dying and the charger is on the other side of the room.”

What it means: You just got ignored via text.

Why they use it: To seem polite, even though they just blatantly ignored a string of your text messages.

Used in a sentence: “Sorry, my phone’s dying and the charger is on the other side of the room – I’m just getting these now.” […Weeks later.]

Synonyms: I’m sorry, the number you have reached is not in service or is temporarily disconnected

15. “I’ve only had sex with [insert low number here] people.”

What it means: I’ve had sex with [that tiny number of] people, multiplied by three.

Why they use it: To appear more sexually selective than they might be.

Used in a sentence: “I’ve only had sex with three people, and I’m just keeping the Costco-sized box of dental dams in the closet for my roommate.”

Hope arent guilty of this too grin
Re: 15 Innocent, White Lies Women Tell Men That They See Right Through by Loyalblak007(f): 10:40am On Mar 12, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Hope arent guilty of this too grin
yes I am angry

1 Like

Re: 15 Innocent, White Lies Women Tell Men That They See Right Through by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:11am On Mar 12, 2015
Loyalblak007:

yes I am angry
I love ur sincerity.

1 Like

Re: 15 Innocent, White Lies Women Tell Men That They See Right Through by mcdokwe(m): 11:20am On Mar 12, 2015
What about " my first time was a rape"?

(1) (Reply)

Things A Man Should Do Before He Is Thirty (30) / 20-yr-old Pregnant Maid Dies 4 Days After Employment / Classmates Tearfully Reunited In Court—as Judge And Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.