Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Cogent Reasons Why you should/ must Vote Buhari/Osibanjo.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cogent Reasons Why you should/ must Vote Buhari/Osibanjo.. (808 Views)

Cogent Reasons Why Kanu Must Die By Hanging And Tompolo Must Be Arrested / Buhari & Osibanjo Must Declare Their Assets Publicly ---SERAP / Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Clears The Air About APC Kano Rally Photo He Tweeted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cogent Reasons Why you should/ must Vote Buhari/Osibanjo.. by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 11, 2015
I happen to be an intellectual and as thus will not defy my high moral expectations by bringing trivial and irrelevant media propaganda cum calumny to the fore why allowing reasons and objectivism lie fallow. As a matter of principle I will be highlighting and discussing reasons why I (and i believe patriotic and nd intellectual luminaries should) vote for a Buhari/Osibanjo in the forth coming poles
My facts and information , that would be highlighted are excerpts from "My manifesto and vision for Nigeria" by Muhammadu_Buhari
N/B : please this is a highly intellectual discussion and as such, sentiments and trivialities are not welcome rather cogency and rationalism will prevail...

I will be torch- lighting Key topical issues and challenges of pressing import that has espoused our nation and Buhari 's pragmatic agenda for redress.

1) SECURITY .
a. "Consulting and work to amend the constitution to enable states and local governments to create city, local government, and state policing system , based on resources available at each levels; to address the peculiar needs of each community"
As we have always known the benefits of county, local govt. And the state policing systems can never be over emphasised, it has always been the bane behind the formidable security network of any nation as it incorporates everyone into a security chain and brings security personnel closer to the people with closer rapport; countries from U.S.A to Kenya operates on this system. The PDP govt. Has continually refused this system, instead choosing to uphold the long lost federal police, that can never and has never satisfied our security needs, but has continually failed us....
b. "I will NEVER leave the defence of the nation in the hands of hunters, children, civilian j.t.f and ex-militants"
No sane nation on earth does this, as it will always backfire in those child armies, fighting the system that created them ... culminating in discord and anarchy.. history holds numerous instances.... It creates a big dent on the integrity of ur security system..

More to fellow, anti corruption measures next...
Re: Cogent Reasons Why you should/ must Vote Buhari/Osibanjo.. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
2 Anti corruption measures...

a... "initiate actions to amend Nigerian constitution with a view to devolving powers,duties and responsibilities to state in order to entrench true federalism" .......... this is the bane of our problem as a nation when a central government tries to be too powerful and run the whole country from the capital, while the governors sit dormant and feed of allocations. We need a weaker central government that should be more concerned with foreign affairs as is being practised in 1st world nation's. ?.

b..... "amend the constitution to remove IMMUNITY CLAUSE from prosecution for elected officers re in criminal cases"........ ... this as we all know has crippled our justices system and galvanised political office holders to loot dry the system, as even after stay in office our justice system is too daft and forgetful to pursue cases to logical end.. BTW we have states like the USA To learn from that have operated without any immunity for over 150 years...

C..... require full disclosure in media outlets of all government contracts over 100 million prior to award and during implementations at regular intervals. ?...... this has never been done in our history as a nation.. we know how far it will go in the fights.

d....."Reform and strengthen the justice system for efficient administration and dispensation of justice with the creation of special courts for accelerated hearing of corruption drug trafficking, terrorism and similar cases of national importance"--------------- I believe this is self explanatory, as over the years we have witnessed cases of massive looting in trillions of naira just one silent , inbreeding for years e.g subsidy scam , Alison madueke 10 billion loot, for alleged private jet maintenance.... to mention a few.

e... "fully enforce the freedom of information acts so that government data's set an be requested and used by public and then such dataset to be published on regular basis" ----------------- the freedom of information bill has been signed, thanks to our beloved president, but it might interest you to know that this is only on papers, in reality it is not been honoured or followed in any means, even the federal govt has refused to honour it when confronted on several occassion . Cases in sight
The SERAP (socio e on omissions rights and accountability project), which is a civil right organisation , made an inquest on publishing Jonathan assets, this met brickwalls, also same organization requested for the publishing of how the $12.4 billion oil windfall was all spent during babangidas regime, but of course it still met brickwalls, Succinctly put the FOI bill is a hoax...

e...... "amend the constitution to require local govt. Publish their meeting minutes, service performance ,data and items of spending over 10 million naira,"---------------
A good proportion of public funds are looted at the local government level is nog a fact that should be elusive, I mind that these officials are under minimal public glare, but I believe these measures will put a big dent on the gluttony of impending and prospective public thieves...

More to come....
Re: Cogent Reasons Why you should/ must Vote Buhari/Osibanjo.. by jdilight(m): 2:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
killerman47:
I happen to be an intellectual and as thus will not defy my high moral expectations by bringing trivial and irrelevant media propaganda cum calumny to the fore why allowing reasons and objectivism lie fallow. As a matter of principle I will be highlighting and discussing reasons why I (and i believe patriotic and nd intellectual luminaries should) vote for a Buhari/Osibanjo in the forth coming poles
My facts and information , that would be highlighted are excerpts from "My manifesto and vision for Nigeria" by Muhammadu_Buhari
N/B : please this is a highly intellectual discussion and as such, sentiments and trivialities are not welcome rather cogency and rationalism will prevail...

I will be torch- lighting Key topical issues and challenges of pressing import that has espoused our nation and Buhari 's pragmatic agenda for redress.

1) SECURITY .
a. "Consulting and work to amend the constitution to enable states and local governments to create city, local government, and state policing system , based on resources available at each levels; to address the peculiar needs of each community"
As we have always known the benefits of county, local govt. And the state policing systems can never be over emphasised, it has always been the bane behind the formidable security network of any nation as it incorporates everyone into a security chain and brings security personnel closer to the people with closer rapport; countries from U.S.A to Kenya operates on this system. The PDP govt. Has continually refused this system, instead choosing to uphold the long lost federal police, that can never and has never satisfied our security needs, but has continually failed us....
b. "I will NEVER leave the defence of the nation in the hands of hunters, children, civilian j.t.f and ex-militants"
No sane nation on earth does this, as it will always backfire in those child armies, fighting the system that created them ... culminating in discord and anarchy.. history holds numerous instances.... It creates a big dent on the integrity of ur security system..

More to fellow, anti corruption measures next...

How long will it take to study the security system of America or will he just import it wholesale and expect it to work in a country with many ethnic groups, cultural divide and religious differences.

What about senate approval of the constitutional amendment or do he think he will rule as a military leader?

Import this theory to reality
Re: Cogent Reasons Why you should/ must Vote Buhari/Osibanjo.. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
As exppected all the PDP goons will always sh away; Ull never see them around intellectual threads where they 'll need to throw in facts and figures on the present precarious situation if the ecoonomy... Cus they knowww nothing other than GEJ till 2019, bereft of any modicum of logical understanding and facts... Poor dem... I 'll sstill reiterate again; only naïve individuals will Vote a ccontinuation of jonathan.
jdilight:

How long will it take to study the security system of America or will he just import it wholesale and expect it to work in a country with many ethnic groups, cultural divide and religious differences.
What about senate approval of the constitutional amendment or do he think he will rule as a military leader?
Import this theory to reality
my brother; if u. Are into a security organizattion or have had a taste of it; u won't bbe asking this question; evverybod knows wwhen the commuunit are been incorperaated into the police force; it gives better participation and productivity...
Re: Cogent Reasons Why you should/ must Vote Buhari/Osibanjo.. by jdilight(m): 10:37am On Mar 12, 2015
killerman47:
As exppected all the PDP goons will always sh away; Ull never see them around intellectual threads where they 'll need to throw in facts and figures on the present precarious situation if the ecoonomy... Cus they knowww nothing other than GEJ till 2019, bereft of any modicum of logical understanding and facts... Poor dem... I 'll sstill reiterate again; only naïve individuals will Vote a ccontinuation of jonathan. my brother; if u. Are into a security organizattion or have had a taste of it; u won't bbe asking this question; evverybod knows wwhen the commuunit are been incorperaated into the police force; it gives better participation and productivity...

Bro the economy is a world issue and the President is addressing the issue.

Now are you expecting a man who claim to use the army to stabilize oil price to lead the economy where?

Now let's talk about the economy if you care
Re: Cogent Reasons Why you should/ must Vote Buhari/Osibanjo.. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 12, 2015
jdilight:

Bro the economy is a world issue and the President is addressing the issue.

Now are you expecting a man who claim to use the army to stabilize oil price to lead the economy where?

Now let's talk about the economy if you care
let's do it sire... cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Africa's Most Corrupt Politician / Police Arrest Men With 500 Pvcs In Oyo / What Do You Think About These Pictures Of Buhari And Co?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.