Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport (1386 Views)

Osinbajo Visits Murtala Muhammed Airport (Photos) / Acting President Yemi Osinbajo In Surprise Muritala International Airport Visit / Amaechi Searched At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by lekesomething(m): 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN LAST YEAR DECEMEBER AND I DONT THINK ALOT HAS CHANGED STILL

when i was 5 i wanted to be a Commercial airline pilot that was my dream...i really loved the technology & the concept of flying airplanes & i was always looking for someone to tag along with to the Murtala Muhammed airport to see how things work and the cozy environment.But today's visit was a disaster the Airport is in a shadow of itself. To start with there was a temporary car park which looked like a quarry site with dust all over the place i asked one of the staff working there why the car park is in that manner his excuse was ''OGA YOU NO SEE SAY HARMATTAN DEY'' . Passengers had to wait for 25 mins for the airport shuttle to arrive within a distance of less than 500 meters with just one bus operating while other buses where parked only God knows if they are functional.When i asked the driver why it took so much time he said" BROS I PARK THE BUS SO THEM GO CLEAN AM AS BUS TOO DEY DIRTY" .The heavy security presence got me wondering if Boko Haram was already in Lagos .Sand bags & Drums used as road blocks and security personnel's in various uniforms everywhere pointing their guns as if we are in the frontline of a war.To my right there was an on going construction which we are made to believe is the terminal 2 wing of our international airport that looked like a poultry farm.Coming to MMA itself the airport reform that was said to be done was a total waste from the remodelling to the type of finishes used was total rubbish.On the floor was cheap tiles which already looks old in less than how many years?The whole airport was as hot as an oven i could see people fanning themselves infact it was better to stay under the sun than to be inside the warehouse (airport). Just right in front of the main structure was the old demolished car park with weeds growing everywhere like an evil forest.Most of the staff working at the airport looked stressed & some where looking tar-tared in their uniforms i began to wonder if the sudden crash in oil prices affected the aviation sector all of a sudden? .If MMA ,Nigeria's busiest airport can be like this then?I think i should just keep my mouth shut on other ones around the country. Am not here to criticize anybody but what is the business of a formal Corps Marshall with aviation? How does driving on the road and flying related?Looking down at other aviation ministers in the past its all the same trend..
Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by DaBullIT(m): 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
I though they said GEJ built dubai type airport in lagos/other states

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by gwales: 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
the aviation transformation na 1 big scam

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by austinsmat(m): 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
oga no long stori pizture or
Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by jdilight(m): 1:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
Go to the airport and see for yourself, is not far from Ikeja along and no one will stop you from getting in their.

What the op posted is false of the airport, the airport is far better than how it was before Goodluck administration.

When our problems are met, we easily forget how it was in past-the Nigerian situation

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by lekesomething(m): 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
jdilight:
Go to the airport and see for yourself, is not far from Ikeja along and no one will stop you from getting in their.

What the op posted is false of the airport, the airport is far better than how it was before Goodluck administration.

When our problems are met, we easily forget how it was in past-the Nigerian situation

Jos Airport believe it or not ..hehehehe GEJ is working i snapped this myslef

Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by jdilight(m): 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
lekesomething:

Jos Airport believe it or not ..hehehehe GEJ is working i snapped this myslef

Am talking about MMA at Ikeja in Lagos. That is where the op is talking about.
Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by lekesomething(m): 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
jdilight:

Am talking about MMA at Ikeja in Lagos. That is where the op is talking about.

Oya lets meet there anytime you are free then we see how the place is dont be deceived by photshopped pictures
Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by jdilight(m): 3:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
lekesomething:

Oya lets meet there anytime you are free then we see how the place is dont be deceived by photshopped pictures

That is a place l do most of my businese bro. I visit there regularly, that is while l ask you to go and see and if you have been there before stella saga, then compare and contrast.

The problem is most of these small children schooling abroad when they come back they try comparing us with America and London.
Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by mrmetoo1: 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
jdilight:

What?? This was a very accurate description, this is exactly everyone's experience. Please kindly tell us what isn't true. Please!!
Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by jdilight(m): 3:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
mrmetoo1:

What?? This was a very accurate description, this is exactly everyone's experience. Please kindly tell us what pay isn't true. Please!!

Was that your own experience or everybody's experience?
Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by mrmetoo1: 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
jdilight:

Was that your own experience or everybody's experience?

That's my experience and it's the reality, how is it going to be different from anyone else's when this is how it is. What part do you want to deny.. the dusty parking?? The security??(which I'm not necessarily complaining about) the hot airport?? The fact that the airport is looking shabby?? Please tell us what part is not accurate. If you think that airport is good then you must not know better
Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by jdilight(m): 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
mrmetoo1:

That's my experience and it's the reality, how is it going to be different from anyone else's when this is how it is. What part do you want to deny.. the dusty parking?? The security??(which I'm not necessarily complaining about) the hot airport?? The fact that the airport is looking shabby?? Please tell us what part is not accurate. If you think that airport is good then you must not know better

I believe your talking about the limoson park at the federal section. Book a cab if your not comfortable with the cabs there.

The airport is still having a face lift. You can book a taxi, that is the norm in most airports.

Now the airport is not shabby compare to how it was before the woman who instigated the massive change you now critics.

Before then have you ever complained about the airport?
Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by mrmetoo1: 4:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
jdilight:

I believe your talking about the limoson park at the federal section. Book a cab if your not comfortable with the cabs there.

The airport is still having a face lift. You can book a taxi, that is the norm in most airports.

Now the airport is not shabby compare to how it was before the woman who instigated the massive change you now critics.

Before then have you ever complained about the airport?

Why do you guys think people are just out there that want to criticize this government for the sake of it.

I left Naija 2002, I came back 2013. When I left I don't remember a hot airport plus I wasn't as exposed. Before then apart from summer trips to London I'd not really been anywhere else. So I can't imagine I complained because I was younger then and back then I couldn't even start comparing anything in Naija to the UK.

Now I know better and I'm more exposed. They claim to have spent over a billion dollars on this airport, let me repeat a billion dollars not Naira and this is the result?? It's a shame anyone would defend this.

Then I don't understand what you're saying about cabs. I've been to the airport to pick people after I got back and I used it last myself last December. Now do you want to tell me all these problems don't exist anymore??

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by jdilight(m): 10:45am On Mar 12, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Why do you guys think people are just out there that want to criticize this government for the sake of it.

I left Naija 2002, I came back 2013. When I left I don't remember a hot airport plus I wasn't as exposed. Before then apart from summer trips to London I'd not really been anywhere else. So I can't imagine I complained because I was younger then and back then I couldn't even start comparing anything in Naija to the UK.

Now I know better and I'm more exposed. They claim to have spent over a billion dollars on this airport, let me repeat a billion dollars not Naira and this is the result?? It's a shame anyone would defend this.

Then I don't understand what you're saying about cabs. I've been to the airport to pick people after I got back and I used it last myself last December. Now do you want to tell me all these problems don't exist anymore??

Was the billions spent on Lagos airport alone or all airports nationwide
Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by mrmetoo1: 2:55pm On Mar 12, 2015
jdilight:

Was the billions spent on Lagos airport alone or all airports nationwide

On Lagos MMIA to be specific
Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by sammyj: 3:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
grin grin
Re: The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport by jdilight(m): 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2015
mrmetoo1:

On Lagos MMIA to be specific

What is your view now your face to face with facts and reality with respect to what the op said and in comparison to how it was before Odua?

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Chidi Lloyd?? / Live Pictures Elections Continues Peacefully In Gombe State / Obanikoro Wins Polling Unit For Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.