Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,255 members, 7,836,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

"No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. (1273 Views)

NLC Protest Ongoing In Beere Ibadan (Photos) / Fuel Subidy: Protest Ongoing On Ikorodu Road (Photos) / Massive Protest Ongoing In Yenagoa By The APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by Bezed(m): 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
Some individuals with ply card saying "No Card reader for the upcoming election", are currently protesting along Aguiyi Ironsi, Maitama and also trying to gain access into the INEC headquarters in Abuja but the police have blocked the entrance refusing them access..

Re: "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by orobs93(m): 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
How the postponement started...

Very clueless government smae tactics same strategy

6 Likes

Re: "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
i don't want CardReader!!!!!

Janjaaweeds will protest because whether CardReader shiit or not.

they must lose grin

1 Like

Re: "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by CHM11: 12:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
And this Useless Jega wanted to conduct election on february 14 before!!!!!.... Isn't this mallam just mad?....

Nigeria belongs to us all, no tribe has the monopoly of violence!!!! We all have a pinch of barbarism in our villages.

3 Likes

Re: "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by WisdomFlakes: 12:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
But.. I thought I heard GEJ say on national t.v that he prefers I.T-based solutions to solving problems. Why can't he and the PDP apply the same logic and principle to the Card Readers initiative?

Oh, I forgot. They are only protesting coz they are aware that with those card readers their chances of rigging would be considerably diminished.

Well, it's pretty obvious at this point that the PDP is not confident of GEJ's chances of winning re-election and that for as long as that uncertainty persists, they will do everything possible to discredit the elections. Nigerians are watching.

7 Likes

Re: "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
OP, for the sake of those using PC, please rotate the pictures.
Re: "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by Demdem(m): 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
Jonah-daft has unleashed his co-fools. Shame.

1 Like

Re: "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by IVORY2009(m): 12:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
Demdem:
Jonah-daft has unleashed his co-fools. Shame.

One of the paid poster here on nairaland.com, please take note!

4 Likes

Re: "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by Skako(m): 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
We must use it,useless pple rigging pple
is not ur fault but it's jonathan that cause unemployment

but don't worry if buhari enter he go buy cutlass for u and give bush to farm

change is possible
Re: "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by DaGC(m): 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
Please, its not every protest that should make people point accusing fingers at the presidency. Stop the name smearing.

E.g A while ago, a thread was on Nairaland about people protesting 'Jega out'. What happened was that many of them were being fed stories whenever they tried to get their PVC despite not relocating from where they registered. Then they complained to a community leader and he said he's not INEC and cant help them. He told them to protest around town and end up at the INEC's office to air their grievances. Gave them a little incentive to help them plan the rally, and they did. Later on people started saying here that it was sponsored by GEJ.

My point is, some protest might be truly sponsored by political parties, but not all. And not all PDP/APC protest has the attention or backing of their respective aspiring candidates. Some may not even know about it until days/weeks later.

Back to the OP, as for the protest, its not illegal yet. So they are free to do it. But I'm in support of using the card readers.

God bless the President of the federal republic of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by phlemzy: 2:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
The kind of transparency that the card reader will bring is poisonous to the ruling PDP's system of operations,hence their bitter reactions.

1 Like

Re: "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by meforyou1(m): 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
phlemzy:
The kind of transparency that the card reader will bring is poisonous to the ruling PDP's system of operations,hence their bitter reactions.
what kind of transparency? 40% failure?

1 Like

Re: "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by phlemzy: 2:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
meforyou1:
what kind of transparency? 40% failure?
40% failure = 60% success,why not give the benefit of the doubt that every loopholes observed in the trial poll will be fixed to a great extent. Why call for a total removal of the device that will expose the polls to electoral fraud that is being planned by desperate politicians? Please think twice over this. The voting will only take 2days out of every 4years of a term. Let's work together to get a free,fair & credible 2015 polls.

1 Like

Re: "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by kheart(m): 4:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
SCR must be use whether d devils like it or not
Re: "No PVC Card Reader" Protest Ongoing In Abuja. by henryangelo: 4:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
The card reader should be wiped unless it is subjected to load that is beyond the expected number of voters card that is eligible in a particular polling centre

(1) (Reply)

I am Quiting Nairaland Tonight / “I Won’t Insult Buhari, Instead I Quit” – Mu’azu PDP Chair To Gej Campaign Team / #iChooseAmbode And #SayNoToTribalism now Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.