Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,577 members, 7,843,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Is Nigeria Still Being Colonized - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Still Being Colonized (836 Views)

Should Nigeria Be Re-colonized? / 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' / For How Many Years Was Nigeria Colonized By The British ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Still Being Colonized by B118: 1:16am On Jan 15, 2009
Yes Nigeria gained independence in 1960, but independence from what to what? All we ever did since then was stick to the methods they forced unto us and never lookd back on what we had before the colonization.

We still speak their language and even some ppl raise thier kids to speak nothing else but English and know nothing of thier mother language. Go on the streets and you see 98% of the people are dressed in western clothes trying to be more like Americans or Britons.

We abandon the greenry in the village and off to the city for a "better job" in a life of stress.

What happened to Trade by batter where you exchanged value for value but now I give you my land and all I get in Exchange is a piece of paper that is worth whatever the foreign exchange say its worth (maybe its not even worth the same land tommorrow).

Once we saw all the glittery things oil cud get us we abandonned that wretched life of farming where we used to plant a seed in the healthy soil and wait for the harvest. Now that the oil is running out they're comming for the remaining nutrients in the land to use to fuel the cars that used to run on oil (biofuel)

I think we need to know our history, know where we are comming from then we can know where we are going and know our place in the world. We dnt just need a leader thats going to come and change a few light bulbs and leave with bags of cash. It begins with every single person, how we develop ourselves as nigerians, appreciating the actual concept of being nigerian, Love the history, the culture, the language the traditions and appreciate the fact that we have a variety of these.

When I say proud to be African or Proud to be Nigerian I'm thinking of the Idanre hills and the cocoa plantations, I'm thinking of how the actuall pounded yam can never be compared to the processed powdered form. Palm wine and kolanut. The Nigerian traditional wedding ceremony, I'm proud of the fact that we have so many interesting cultures and traditions, different languages, different people all part of this great phenomenon called Nigeria, thats why i'm proud to be Nigerian. Why r u proud to be Nigerian

(1) (Reply)

Court Martial Jails 27 Ex-un Peacekeepers For Life / We'll Pay N52,000 Minimum Wage —FG / Free Bank Account Proxifiers: Makes Ur Cash Untraceable!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.