Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Champions League: Jose Mourinho Explain Why His Team Lose To PSG - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Champions League: Jose Mourinho Explain Why His Team Lose To PSG (649 Views)

Barcelona Fan Dies In Yola, Adamawa While Celebrating His Team's Victory / Ronaldo And His Team Mates In His Private Jet After Their EURO 2016 / 'maccabi Tel Aviv Could Beat Us In Champions League' - Jose Mourinho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Champions League: Jose Mourinho Explain Why His Team Lose To PSG by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 12, 2015
It was really a nightmare for the Chelsea's manager Jose Mourinho as his men were held on a 2-2 draw by a dreaded opponent Paris Saint Germain (PSG) on Wednesday night. Chelsea who's currently leading the English Premier League with 63 points find it pretty difficult to come out victoriously.
It was also a pain in the a$$ when the Chelsea old boy (David Luis) seems to be more aggressive than was ever expected, scoring his first ever goal against The Blues since joining Paris Saint Germain (PSG) mid-last year (June 13, 2014).

Here's The Interview With Jose Mourinho - Sky Sport
"We had a few individual performances that were not good enough but collectively they were better than us.
"They have a reason to celebrate and I told my players it is not after a bad match I kick tables and doors, it is time to be calm and analyse as a team.

"They were aggressive, what we used to call clever on the continent. In England that is not accepted as clever. They did what they did, after the second goal there was no more game. Simulation of injuries, they stopped completely the game.

"It is the beauty of English football but in continental football the other teams are more prepared to cope with the mental side. I wouldn't say dirty but the other side."

Jose Mourinho: We Felt The Pressure
"I want to discuss why we lost with the players in a calm way. I want to know what they felt on the pitch and try to find conclusions.

"Our performance was not good enough. The opponent was stronger than us, they coped better with the pressure of the games. Because they had 10 men we felt more the pressure of winning and they had nothing to lose.

"We couldn't cope with that, we concede two goals in two set pieces, that is difficult to accept.

"Last season we lost in Paris 3-1 and had one direction to go, that was without any pressure. Today with the 1-1, it was a dangerous result. We tried to win but the moment we had 10 men we felt too much that pressure."

Source: Football Results Plus

Re: Champions League: Jose Mourinho Explain Why His Team Lose To PSG by HrtBrkSteve(m): 1:57am On Mar 12, 2015
The man is always so full of himself, am sure if he was the coach that qualify,he would ran half of the field. Just see Blanc when the final whistle was blown,the man maintainhis calm demanour. Grow up Mou, because u no get swags pass Diego Simeone fa!!

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United New Signing: I’ll Score 15 Goals In My First Season At United / Latest Transfer Real Madrid Ready To Spend BIG For Ronaldo Side Kick N Many More / A Legend Died Today Three Years Ago (rashidi Yekini).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.