Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

UEFA Got It Wrong - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA Got It Wrong (2255 Views)

"I Promised You A Goal And You Got It" Odemwingie Scores, Tells Daughter / Barca-psg Official Ref, 'aytekin ' Penalised By UEFA / Uefa Champions League Winners From 1955 Till Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA Got It Wrong by Segadem(m): 9:12am On Mar 12, 2015
it was a nightmare for me even till right now I couldn't get my heart together in which Chelsea failed to proceed to quarter final due to UEFA unacceptable rules.
I know every tournament or game has its own rules and order, but in the case of this UEFA, it has to be reviewed.
In a fair play of two legged game how can Chelsea play a 90 minutes game in France which ended in draw,and the second leg played for 120 minutes which ended in draw as well,and they now adjudge the winner on away goal rules. where is our own 30 minutes?
I think the rules should be reviewed, it is either each game play for 90 minutes and straight to penalty shoot-out (if there's tie in goals ) or the away goal shouldn't count again after each 90 minutes is played. (because I can't see any justification for one team to play for 90 minutes and another play for 120 minutes with even scores and yet one scale through on an away goal rules.the equation is not balance. 90 to120)

Chelsea fans what do u think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by bewla(m): 9:17am On Mar 12, 2015
Na today what of Golding goal bk then and throwing with leg then its crazy and that platini na him craAzy pass
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by EgusiSoup: 9:27am On Mar 12, 2015
Segadem:
it was a nightmare for me even till right now I couldn't get my heart together in which Chelsea failed to proceed to quarter final due to UEFA unacceptable rules.
I know every tournament or game has its own rules and order, but in the case of this UEFA, it has to be reviewed.
In a fair play of two legged game how can Chelsea play a 90 minutes game in France which ended in draw,and the second leg played for 120 minutes which ended in draw as well,and they now adjudge the winner on away goal rules. where is our own 30 minutes?
I think the rules should be reviewed, it is either each game play for 90 minutes and straight to penalty shoot-out (if there's tie in goals ) or the away goal shouldn't count again after each 90 minutes is played. (because I can't see any justification for one team to play for 90 minutes and another play for 120 minutes with even scores and yet one scale through on an away goal rules.the equation is not balance. 90 to120)

I think I know one player called Thiago Silva grin

Mumu chelshit fan!

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:00am On Mar 12, 2015
Segadem:

Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Krasid(m): 10:48am On Mar 12, 2015
grin grin Chelsea fans never cease to amaze me.You forgot about the rules last season when Chelsea qualified on away goals but remembered it this season.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Segadem(m): 1:06pm On Mar 12, 2015
Krasid:
grin grin Chelsea fans never cease to amaze me.You forgot about the rules last season when Chelsea qualified on away goals but remembered it this season.
I didn't have anything against away goal rules, what I was saying is that we cannot play 90 minutes away and u come and play 120 minutes in our home. it is either we play 90 minutes each and go for penalty shootout or away goals canceled When d game pushes to extra tim.

NOTE(@Krasid) Last year we play 90-90 minutes.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by khattab02: 8:09am On Mar 13, 2015
Krasid:
haha...

nice point!
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Segadem(m): 8:31am On Mar 13, 2015
khattab02:
haha...

nice point!
anti-Chelsea
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by khattab02: 8:34am On Mar 13, 2015
Segadem:
anti-Chelsea
na u sabi!

Cry me a wolf!

#Fault the system if it didn't favour u!

or #becos u are incompetent to exploit a 10 man team

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Enegod(m): 9:14am On Mar 13, 2015
Segadem:

cry me a river! grin

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by kliq(m): 9:18am On Mar 13, 2015
Funny you undecided

It is quite startling how you wish UEFA would change the rules of the game just to favour your time smiley rather than blame UEFA for your team's exit why not direct your agony towards your coach and the players(11 babies) cheesy who couldn't defeat a 10man team for almost 2hrs(ET inclusive).In football it is never over until the sound of the final whistle, moreover it's a win or lose game so get over it and take it like a man.

The best team won cool

5 Likes

Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by kliq(m): 9:20am On Mar 13, 2015
Enegod:
cry me a river! grin

No be small cry o cry

LMFAO grin
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by groundnutoil(m): 10:05am On Mar 13, 2015
Krasid:
asin eh u just spoke my mind english teams sef overated bulshit of a league i swear if sevila or wolfburg enters epl d wud cary d league

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by cr7lomo: 10:28am On Mar 13, 2015
@op, u play ten men and u still complain , even as that red card was uncalled for. U still go one up with 9mins to play .u still go up again in extra time after they award u guys a penalty and u still Could not win. Oga pls blame ur coach for his negative scheme set up play . He sold Luis which I was really surprised at but d guy comes bk to hunt

4 Likes

Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by kliq(m): 11:48am On Mar 13, 2015
cr7lomo:
@op, u play ten men and u still complain , even as that red card was uncalled for. U still go one up with 9mins to play .u still go up again in extra time after they award u guys a penalty and u still Could not win. Oga pls blame ur coach for his negative scheme set up play . He sold Luis which I was really surprised at but d guy comes bk to hunt

Merci

Playing a team without their point man for almost 2hrs
The redcard was a soft call
Chelsea got a goal but couldn't defend it for 5/6 mins left in the game,regulation time
The referee a awarded a penalty in ET which Chelsea converted but failed to defend again
PSG's prowess too hot to handle

Who do you blame?

Mourinho confessed that PSG played better as they were more determined,IMO it was 13 against 10; The Ref,The Crowd and 11 babies Vs PSG's 10
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Krasid(m): 2:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
Segadem:
I didn't have anything against away goal rules, what I was saying is that we cannot play 90 minutes away and u come and play 120 minutes in our home. it is either we play 90 minutes each and go for penalty shootout or away goals canceled When d game pushes to extra tim.

NOTE(@Krasid) Last year we play 90-90 minutes.
Football rules says teams level after 90 minutes proceed into extra time and it won't be changed to favour any team.
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by seankay(m): 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
I'm a Chelsea fan and I love d away goal rule. It makes d UCL more interesting
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Omero(m): 8:17pm On Mar 13, 2015
Plz there is no big deal because we lost. Me as a Chelsea would never cry a river as some posts above me has suggest. Why? because chelsea don beat/draw almighty Barca with 10-men(semi final, 2012). so kini big deal ni. afta all chelsea equally eliminated PSG last season, so kini big deal ni. also futubolu is u win some, draw some or lose some, so kini big deal ni. Abegi make we face EPL title wit full concentration. there is always a 2moro.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Segadem(m): 11:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
Omero:
Plz there is no big deal because we lost. Me as a Chelsea would never cry a river as some posts above me has suggest. Why? because chelsea don beat/draw almighty Barca with 10-men(semi final, 2012). so kini big deal ni. afta all chelsea equally eliminated PSG last season, so kini big deal ni. also futubolu is u win some, draw some or lose some, so kini big deal ni. Abegi make we face EPL title wit full concentration. there is always a 2moro.
don't mind them,many of them are man u fans and they will never qualify for ucl for the next three years but according to my word.
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 14, 2015
The MLS template could be adopted by UEFA and CAF. The MLS Cup doesn't apply the away goals rule in extra time, it's only effective during 90 mins
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Segadem(m): 7:56am On Mar 14, 2015
CFCfan:
The MLS template could be adopted by UEFA and CAF. The MLS Cup doesn't apply the away goals rule in extra time, it's only effective during 90 mins
thank u ,that is my point.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Rexnegro(m): 8:55am On Mar 14, 2015
cr7lomo:
David luis didn't come back to hunt them o...he came back to tear them to pieces with his bullet header....what a goal that is .
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 14, 2015
@ OP. I'm a chelsea fan but i think you are fooling yourself here...mtcheew
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by toprealman: 9:24am On Mar 14, 2015
Chelsea fans what do you think.....that got me laughing. Unfortunately I will tell you what I think despite not being a Chelsea fan and not interested in what you think about what I have got to.
Your point typical of Chelsea fans is completely myopic, baseless and laughable. Next season buy a calculator and learn simple arithmetic. UEFA should change the rules because PSG just showed how clueless your club under Mourinho is.
You guys will lose tomorrow against Southampton and I look forward to knowing the EPL rule that should be adjusted or questioned.
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by pamcode(m): 1:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
i wonder why people let their emotions take over them, the guy was stating his opinion and you are all ranting, to be candid he has a point, that means the away team has more time to pull a higher score draw or even win the match.

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Segadem(m): 10:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
pamcode:
i wonder why people let their emotions take over them, the guy was stating his opinion and you are all ranting, to be candid he has a point, that means the away team has more time to pull a higher score draw or even win the match.
mature mind.
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Segadem(m): 10:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
pamcode:
Thank u,mature mind.
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Krasid(m): 10:52pm On Mar 14, 2015
pamcode:
The same rule favoured Chelsea in 2012 against Napoli.If the match had gone to penalties, Chelsea might still be one of the teams with 0 UCL trophies.
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Segadem(m): 12:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
Krasid:
The same rule favoured Chelsea in 2012 against Napoli.If the match had gone to penalties, Chelsea might still be one of the teams with 0 UCL trophies.
in the history of UCL Chelsea has never lost in pk shootout.
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by aoshi: 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
Segadem:
REALLY?
Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by Greatihex(m): 8:16pm On Mar 17, 2015
You have a very good point here. Platini has once suggested about removing the away goals rule completely. That is why mou wl always say that he likes the first leg to be played at his home so that he wl have 120 minutes to play at his opponents home if such situation occur. For me, i wl suggest they remove it completely, let teams that have the same number of goals go to extra time then penalties. It wl b more interesting dat way.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Got It Wrong by kingofcasting(m): 12:10am On Mar 18, 2015
Segadem:
u mean the 2008 final in moscow? Yeah. They didnt lose.it was man u dat lost.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 Sure Draws For Dis Weekend / Guardiola Resigns As Manager Of Manchester City / (Download Video) Ajax vs Chelsea 0-1 All Goals & Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.