Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

EPL Is Overrated - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / EPL Is Overrated (1872 Views)

7 Reasons Why The English Premier League Is Overrated / EPL Vs La Liga... Why Epl Is Better / How The English Premier League(epl) Is Going To End. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EPL Is Overrated by Krasid(m): 10:40am On Mar 12, 2015
With the elimination of current EPL leaders Chelsea against a PSG down to 10 men for 88 minutes yesterday, the chances of any English team qualifying for the quarter final of the UCL is slim.Manchester city and Arsenal face a daunting task to qualify when both play the return leg of their tie away from home next week and are likely to be eliminated along with Chelsea and Liverpool(who could not make it out of the group stage).EPL players are no where to be found when the finest footballers are honoured every year at the FIFA Ballon d'or Gala.Why then is the English league considered to be the best in Europe?
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 12, 2015
Krasid:
With the elimination of current EPL leaders Chelsea against a PSG down to 10 men fos 88 minutes yesterday, the chances of any English team qualifying for the quarter final of the UCL is slim.Manchester city and Arsenal face a daunting task to qualify when both play the return leg of their tie away from home next week and are likely to be eliminated along with Chelsea and Liverpool(who could not make it out of the group stage).EPL players are no where to be found when the finest footballers are honoured every year at the FIFA Ballon d'or Gala.Why then is the English league considered to be the best in Europe?

AFTER SOME FOOLS WILL COMPARE HAZARD TO NEYMAR. HARZARD WAS ANONYMOUS IN THAT MATCH TILL THE PENALTY HE CONVERTED. CHELSEA IS ALL ABOUT DEFENDING. THEY COULDN'T CAPITALISE ON 10 MEN TO ATTACK PSG DESPITE BEEN AT HOME. EPL TEAMS ARE JUST TRASH. NOBODY SHOULD TAKE THEM SERIOUS undecided

2 Likes

Re: EPL Is Overrated by Krasid(m): 10:57am On Mar 12, 2015
searching4love:

AFTER SOME FOOLS WILL COMPARE HAZARD TO NEYMAR. HARZARD WAS ANONYMOUS IN THAT MATCH TILL THE PENALTY HE CONVERTED. CHELSEA IS ALL ABOUT DEFENDING. THEY COULDN'T CAPITALISE ON 10 MEN TO ATTACK PSG DESPITE BEEN AT HOME. EPL TEAMS ARE JUST TRASH. NOBODY SHOULD TAKE THEM SERIOUS undecided
It is a felony for Hazard to be compared to Neymar.Some clowns even proclaimed him the next Ballon d'or winner.Now i understand what you meant when you said he is average.He was completely hiding yesterday until the penalty.Mr take-on will only be seen in the list of most fouled players.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Is Overrated by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 12, 2015
Krasid:
It is a felony for Hazard to be compared to Neymar.Some clowns even proclaimed him the next Ballon d'or winner.Now i understand what you meant when you said he is average.He was completely hiding yesterday until the penalty.Mr take-on will only be seen in the list of most fouled players.

When Chelsea need the man for big occasions it has always been ivanovic who scores vital goals. All hazard does is to dribble needlessly and get fouled. No tangible contribution for 120mins asides penalty. EPL is an overrated league and i will keep saying it. The only thing that makes epl exceptional is the English language

1 Like

Re: EPL Is Overrated by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
Krasid:
is Hazard still an average player?? even wen Madrid come begging with 100m pounds, will he still be an average player??
Now u fool (searching4love) better come here and tell me why Neymar nd Bale are better players than him?
since y'all are rating Hazard based on the match against PSG, wat wud u say about Ronaldo's utter silence against Atletico in d 4-0 humiliation.
Cc
Tval
Ibime
Nihilist

2 Likes

Re: EPL Is Overrated by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
searching4love:

When Chelsea need the man for big occasions it has always been ivanovic who scores vital goals. All hazard does is to dribble needlessly and get fouled. No tangible contribution for 120mins asides penalty. EPL is an overrated league and i will keep saying it. The only thing that makes epl exceptional is the English language
This is just crap, how dull can u be, how many games has Neymar won for Barca ds season, compare to how many Hazard has won....Dude has scored vital goals against top oppositions this season, even what falcao, Di Maria, Rooney, nd oda players couldn't do for their teams....need I also remind ow much Hazard and Neymar cost for their respective clubs.
What has Neymar nd Bale been nominated for, Hazard has been nominated for both the EPL BEST of d season as well as epl youngest best player of the season. 2014/2015...he won it last year. Neymar plays alongside the almighty Messi nd Suarez, Bale is surrounded by football stars Ronaldo, Isco, Modric, Rodriguez, Kroos, do i also need to remind u ow much these players cost?;
For this crap u just posted nd for calling us fools, U are just really stuupid and ret.arded in ur thinking, u need a brain surgery.
Dammit!! wat pleasure do yall derive in dragging Hazards name in d mud....is he ur player, are we complaining??
Re: EPL Is Overrated by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:58am On Apr 20, 2015
jimmy4x:

This is just crap, how dull can u be, how many games has Neymar won for Barca ds season, compare to how many Hazard has won....Dude has scored vital goals against top oppositions this season, even what falcao, Di Maria, Rooney, nd oda players couldn't do for their teams....need I also remind ow much Hazard and Neymar cost for their respective clubs.
What has Neymar nd Bale been nominated for, Hazard has been nominated for both the EPL BEST of d season as well as epl youngest best player of the season. 2014/2015...he won it last year. Neymar plays alongside the almighty Messi nd Suarez, Bale is surrounded by football stars Ronaldo, Isco, Modric, Rodriguez, Kroos, do i also need to remind u ow much these players cost?;
For this crap u just posted nd for calling us fools, U are just really stuupid and ret.arded in ur thinking, u need a brain surgery.
Dammit!! wat pleasure do yall derive in dragging Hazards name in d mud....is he ur player, are we complaining??
see this guy, how do you expect neymar and bale to compete with Messi and Ronaldo in the same league?
The thread says EPL is overrated, anything that makes hazard wins the epl player of the year also makes him overrated.
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 20, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

see this guy, how do you expect neymar and bale to compete with Messi and Ronaldo in the same league?
The thread says EPL is overrated, anything that makes hazard wins the epl player of the year also makes him overrated.
EPL is overrated, says the thread, why does it av to eventually result to talks about Hazard, is he the only EPL player, what if he didn't click like Falcao, Di Maria, what wud u call him??
Re: EPL Is Overrated by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:08am On Apr 20, 2015
jimmy4x:

EPL is overrated, says the thread, why does it av to eventually result to talks about Hazard, is he the only EPL player, what if he didn't click like Falcao, Di Maria, what wud u call him??
they couldnt cope in such a physical league
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 20, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

they couldnt cope in such a physical league
so, Hazard who has been coping for 3 seasons now is overrated yl these ones with their huge price tag aren't overrated, right??
just listen to yourself....smh
Re: EPL Is Overrated by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:20am On Apr 20, 2015
jimmy4x:

so, Hazard who has been coping for 3 seasons now is overrated yl these ones with their huge price tag aren't overrated, right??
just listen to yourself....smh
they are not overrated, they just cant cope with such an average way of playing

1 Like

Re: EPL Is Overrated by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 20, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

they are not overrated, they just cant cope with such an average way of playing
ok, why is Hazard overrated to u?why doesnt he deserve the credits he gets??Tell me please.
Re: EPL Is Overrated by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:41am On Apr 20, 2015
jimmy4x:

ok, why is Hazard overrated to u?why doesnt he deserve the credits he gets??Tell me please.
he should be rated with neymar, pogba, bale, gotze. Not messi and ronaldo.
How will someone tell me that after messi and ronaldo, its hazard ?
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Krasid(m): 9:10am On Apr 20, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

I tire oo.Hazard has not earned the right to be mentioned alongside those legends.Players who have a combined 7 ballon d'or.Even Bale who did much more than the Belgian fraud was not mentioned alongside those two when he was tearing the EPL apart.
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 20, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

I can see u av no point, whoever said Hazard is better than Messi and Ronaldo, these two guys are the world's best....no player in ds current dispensation has achieved their feat, we can only compare some up-coming stars to them and dts totally normal.
y'all keep shouting Hazard is overrated, he was silent against PSG, bla bla bla, wat bout the other big games he had shone, do messi, ronaldo, bale, gotze, shine in all matches....world best players don't get injured easily, they do spectacular things for their teams, their teams are mostly built around dem, dey most times are greatly missed when they don't feature in big matches for their team, can't u say this about Hazard, Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Neuer, and co
y is he now overrated, wen Madrid bot bale for dt huge 85m pounds, so many pple had mixed feelings, Hazard was gotten for 32m pounds, he has been impressive for Chelsea since 2012/2013, how is he still overrated??
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 20, 2015
Krasid:
I tire oo.Hazard has not earned the right to be mentioned alongside those legends.Players who have a combined 7 ballon d'or.Even Bale who did much more than the Belgian fraud was not mentioned alongside those two when he was tearing the EPL apart.
abeg just go sit down, ow many seasons did he tear EPL apart....even dt season, he was playing most of his game as a striker for Tottenham, y hin no dey tear Spain apart after his 85m pounds transfer.
Rubbish!_!!
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 20, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

Just help yourself with this stats and news about the PFA shortlists and tell me why Hazard is overrated.
http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/pfa-premier-league-player-of-the-year-kane-sanchez-costa-de-gea-coutinho-hazard-nominated/story-e6frf4a3-1227307484362
Re: EPL Is Overrated by chamboy(m): 11:52am On Apr 20, 2015
Hazard is quite lucky this season.. I can't deny d fact dat he tired, but d Question is "Did he had a Top Performance"? .NO.
When I say Top Performance I mean, The likes of Saurez 13/14, VanPersie 11/12,

PFA does nt always mean that player is the all round best player in the league.

I vote Hazard for PFA 14/15
Re: EPL Is Overrated by jnrbayano(m): 12:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
My opinion...

By EPL I believe you mean the English Premier League.

The EPL consists of 20teams that play each other twice (home and away), points are calculated and the winner is crowned. Each team plays a total of 38games.

The EPL isn't Manchester United or Chelsea or Arsenal or Manchester City etc rather, they are made up of 20teams that is:

Manchester United plus 19 other teams, Chelsea plus 19 other teams, Arsenal plus 19 other teams, Manchester City plus 19 other teams, etc.

What point am I driving at? one can't know the strength of any league by mere looking at Ballon D Or representation, champions league/europa league showings, pichichi winners etc., it's a bit naïve.

A proper analysis on any league is done in that same league. The competitive nature can be deduced from the following points:

1. The point total of the eventual league winner:
Very high point total suggests a very weak league.

2. The point total of the lowest ranked team: too low, too weak.

3. When the difference in points between the league winners and the lowest ranked team after a league season is so large, the league is lopsided.

4. When the forwards score astronomical number of goals in a league year in year out it is pointing more on the league's weakness than the forwards superlative abilities.

5. When there are many big margin victories in a season it suggests more on weakness of that league than the strength of the team that scored such victories.

6. A league with few upsets recorded in the course of league season suggests that the league is weak and highly predictable.

7. A league were a particular club or a small group of clubs sweep in all the trophies every season as well as enjoying the greater part of TV rights revenue, such a league is indeed very lopsided hence terribly weak.

...And so on

Op,

Now tell me, where does the EPL fall short and also why wont you consider the English league to be the best league in Europe?

I do consider it.
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Krasid(m): 12:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
jimmy4x:

abeg just go sit down, ow many seasons did he tear EPL apart....even dt season, he was playing most of his game as a striker for Tottenham, y hin no dey tear Spain apart after his 85m pounds transfer.
Rubbish!_!!
The same Bale that was instrumental in Madrid winning 4 trophies last year? Hazard is a local champion.
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 20, 2015
Krasid:
The same Bale that was instrumental in Madrid winning 4 trophies last year? Hazard is a local champion.
I don hear u, its just pointless arguing with y'all Hazard-obsessed haters.
I give up
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
jimmy4x:

What have I done to deserve this level of insults from you? This is just a football argument and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Hazard or neymar doesn't know if you and I exist so if you can descend this low to spit venom I don't think any sane person should engage you in an arguement. There are better ways you could have passed your message without personal confrontations besides its not a must i agree with you. You are not related to hazard so why take it so personal? Please works on your manners. You are so uncultured
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2015
searching4love:

What have I done to deserve this level of insults from you? This is just a football argument and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Hazard or neymar doesn't know if you and I exist so if you can descend this low to spit venom I don't think any sane person should engage you in an arguement. There are better ways you could have passed your message without personal confrontations besides its not a must i agree with you. You are not related to hazard so why take it so personal? Please works on your manners. You are so uncultured
Ur undoing was when u regarded to us all(Hazard lovers) as fools....now u feel insulted, Karma is a bitch, next tym mind ur choice of words....we aren't fools cos we prefer Hazard to Neymar....read up and see where u called us fools.
How could u descend soooo low.
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
searching4love:

just look at ur life, who are the fools, were u being reasonable when u typed this?

1 Like

Re: EPL Is Overrated by jnrbayano(m): 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
Krasid,

Did you see my submissions up there?
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Krasid(m): 4:52pm On Apr 20, 2015
jnrbayano:
Krasid,

Did you see my submissions up there?
Yes and i don't see anything naive about using the UCL/Europa league, Ballon d'or to judge if a league is better than the other.I believe all 3/4 teams are meant to give a good representation of their league since they are the best that the league has to offer.How many forwards bar Messi and Ronaldo score astronimical amount of goals year in year out in the top leagues across europe.The 3rd place scorers in la liga has the same amount or similar amount of goals as the other top leagues in europe.I bet both Messi and CR can score similar amount of goals playing in the EPL.Big margin wins can occur in any top league across europe depending on the quality of the top teams in a league at a particular point in time.It does not mean that the league is weak.I have seen Manchester united and Chelsea beat teams 7-1, 8-0 when the EPL was arguably the best league at the time.
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Delaw135: 4:57pm On Apr 20, 2015
Krasid:
thank God u called hazard a champion.. dont know abt d the term local anyways
Re: EPL Is Overrated by Krasid(m): 5:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
Delaw135:

thank God u called hazard a champion.. dont know abt d the term local anyways
In the land of the blind a one eyed man is the leader.The EPL is overrated, its champion is overrated, its top player is overrated.
Re: EPL Is Overrated by jnrbayano(m): 6:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
Krasid:
Yes and i don't see anything naive about using the UCL/Europa league, Ballon d'or to judge if a league is better than the other.I believe all 3/4 teams are meant to give a good representation of their league since they are the best that the league has to offer.How many forwards bar Messi and Ronaldo score astronimical amount of goals year in year out in the top leagues across europe.The 3rd place scorers in la liga has the same amount or similar amount of goals as the other top leagues in europe.I bet both Messi and CR can score similar amount of goals playing in the EPL.Big margin wins can occur in any top league across europe depending on the quality of the top teams in a league at a particular point in time.It does not mean that the league is weak.I have seen Manchester united and Chelsea beat teams 7-1, 8-0 when the EPL was arguably the best league at the time.

You lumped all your points together.

Can you pick my points one after the other and criticise them.
Re: EPL Is Overrated by binhozie(m): 1:28am On Apr 21, 2015
jimmy4x:

what has bale been nominated for hasn't he won d best player in EPL twice bros nawa u oh
having world class forwards around u doesn't increase ur chances to score more rather it creates competition for goals its wen u have more creative players dat ur chances for goals increase

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Naijapredict Big Scam / Photos:ronaldo In Morocco With Family / Diego Costa Mocks Antonio Conte While Partying In Atletico Madrid Shirt (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.