Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

IT Needs In Our Economy - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / IT Needs In Our Economy (563 Views)

Which Sector Of The Economy In Nigeria Is In Dire Need Of A Software Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IT Needs In Our Economy by abdul01(m): 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2015
Hello fellow devs, due to the recent waves from different sectors of our economy as it relates to IT, i noticed a lot of things which i would like to share with us all(and would also like us to discuss them):

1. The recent alleged hacking of INEC database and the need for Information security (and Info security experts).

2.The recent attack on the APC data center at Allen Avenue and the need for Information security in all its facet(physical and logical).

3. The recent saga about the missing certificate of the presidential candidate of APC and the need for data storage and mgt using Information Systems and all that attached it.

4.The recent 100% shifting of JAMB to CBT, and the need for IT security(this is no.1(imagine if JAMB's system's hacked, that'll will be a big disaster))

5. I also noticed that in some of the JAMB centers, it was HP systems that were used, whereas the government(or those in charge of the centers) should have patronized our local brands like Zinox, Omatek, Speedstar, etc.(This stuff really pains me, cos I feel these guys would have been billionaires like HP and DELL if we really patronize them and all our other local brands.)

In summary, these sectors(Government, Education, Health, INEC, Banking, Payments(Interswitch, E-tranzact and co.) etc) are all in need of real IT(Enterprise) services that'll cater for all their IT and Information needs from data storage & management to data analysis & mining(especially in this age of Big Data) to Security(very very important, cos boys are not smiling) to IT audit to System & Network administration to etc.

Please let's add others and probably discuss the one i wrote above, thnaks.
Re: IT Needs In Our Economy by abdul01(m): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2015
I forgot to add NYSC too

(1) (Reply)

Aspect Of Programming Advisable For A Civil Engineering Student / . / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.