Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu (4629 Views)

DJ Humility And His Cute Sons Step Out In Matching Attire / Duncan Mighty Meets With Thin Tall Tony, Appreciates Humility. / Dj Humility Holds Arik Air Staff Hostage Over Delayed Flight [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu by Orikinla(m): 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
Whenever I see you, I say somebody shout HALLELUJAH!
You are God sent to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Your divine beauty glows with your divine humility.

The first time I saw your humility was when I was invited to the birthday party of Asiwaju Tinubu in 2001 and you politely said "excuse" when you wanted to pass by where I was standing.
Then the second time was when you joined us for the Sunday School in the Throne of Grace National Headquarters Parish of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) during the “Born To Reign” thanksgiving service on February 1, 2015, before our Daddy in Christ, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye arrived.

Keep reigning and keep shining brighter and brighter for the glory of God who has made you a beautiful woman, a wonderful mother and a powerful leader of Nigerian women for the nation building of a New Nigeria.
Cheers to your success!

God created woman to be loved and not conquered or subdued.
~ Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima

Photo Credits: Senator Oluremi Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu by Airforce1(m): 9:13pm On Mar 12, 2015
Walks out of thread cool

1 Like

Re: The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
@Orikinla grin grin grin Humility is not a virtue for the Wealthy neither is it a value for the Undemocratic

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu by tswitch: 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
OP I have only one question:

1. What is her contribution to the growth of the entity called Nigeria.......Let me break down the question for you......Name one bill with her name on it.

We all know the answer to the above is zilch.

Such representative's presence are as useful on the NA as the empty seats they leave behind in their absence.

APC is celebrating a harebrained mediocre, pathetic!

3 Likes

Re: The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu by enoqueen: 12:09am On Mar 13, 2015
oluremi tinubu = humility?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu by Orikinla(m): 6:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
tswitch:
OP I have only one question:

1. What is her contribution to the growth of the entity called Nigeria.......Let me break down the question for you......Name one bill with her name on it.

We all know the answer to the above is zilch.

Such representative's presence are as useful on the NA as the empty seats they leave behind in their absence.

APC is celebrating a harebrained mediocre, pathetic!
[size=18pt]
Thank for giving me the opportunity to address your ignorance and jaundiced views of Senator Oluremi Tinubu. grin
Senator Oluremi Tinubu has achieved more than First Lady, Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan.

“ Everyone has the power for greatness – not for fame, but greatness, because greatness is determined by service.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

It was just like yesterday when the journey began. Before my husband, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, was elected governor of Lagos State in 1999, he had been actively involved in the pro-democracy struggle that eventually led to the collapse of military dictatorship inNigeria. Of course, I was by his side during the struggle in a painful and prolonged exile that took its toll on our family. It was at this time that the seed of the idea for a foundation to inspire, encourage and build the youths, particularly the disadvantaged ones, started germinating in my mind.

I had observed that in the developed democracies of the West, no effort is spared both by government and voluntary civil society organizations to provide pillars of sustenance and support to the youths. This is understandable. The future of a nation depends on the quality of its youth. Those who are disadvantaged must be encouraged and given support and this I was determined to help actualize through a Foundation whenever I returned to Nigeria. My becoming First Lady of Lagos State offered just that opportunity and I immediately began to work at it within the psychological and moral support of my husband. That seed has blossomed handsomely today as the New Era Foundation (NEF).

To God be all the glory for the provision of reputable, resourceful and eminent members of both the Board of Trustees and Governing Council. They have all been the engine room of the Foundation and I thank them for all our achievements. I specially want to thank Sir Chief Dr. Alexander Molade Okoya Thomas who has always been there encouraging me. Also, Mrs. Patricia Otuedon-Arawore who started with me when the idea was conceived.

The idea and purpose were right and beneficial to society making the challenges we encountered to be bearable. I would never forget Mrs. Stella Okoli’s seed money on the New Era Youth Camp (NEYOCA) Project; it came when I was most discouraged to go on. Someone once said that you only know God is at work when you engage in something you know you can never accomplish by your own strength and resources.

This is our story in NEF, especially the NEYOCA Project. It is only someone who believes in miracles that can ever venture to build a 50-acre land debt-free. I believe it is possible, our intention has always been around the indigent youth with little or no opportunity but endowed with the gift of intelligence. Ours is a way to bring about positive change in our society, where a child who dares to go the extra mile through education is given the opportunity to reach for the stars.

For over 10 years, we have produced several one-day governors, seen more than one first class graduate, past winners of the Spelling Bee competitions graduating in various fields of endeavour, and few waiting to get into universities. We see a youth camp rising up from the forest. I feel so privileged and honoured to join the league of those who are proponents to build a better future for our children.

Senator Oluremi Tinubu OON
President, New Era Foundation

http://www.newerafoundation.org/

Financial Literacy Camps

A remarkable programme to inculcate into young people essential values on basic financial management and investment culture, using the Accelerated Learning technique.

The Programme would comprise of highly interactive and relatable classes, with relevant dramatised life applications, complete with role playing by participants.

Goal:
To teach kids the value of money and the necessity for a savings and investment culture from an early age, to enable them enjoy a happy and financially secure future; raising a generation of positive contributors to society.

Programmes
NEF has engaged in numerous activities that we believe has and will continue to enhance the wholesome growth and development of the youth.

We started with the Spelling Bee competition in Lagos State public schools, in both primary and secondary school categories. The first three winners in the secondary school are given cash prizes and also participate in an exchange programme to Finland(which has been our official host country) and the first position winner acts as a One Day Governor of Lagos State. A special edition of our Spelling Bee Kit, celebrating the 10th anniversary of Spelling Bee was launched at the 2010 State Spelling Bee Competition. It is our Spelling Bee Dictionary for both primary and secondary schools.

NEF Junior Chef contest was a cooking competition we partnered with Nestle Nig. Plc for two years. It was a very successful programme, the idea was to promote a healthy eating habit among the youth and eventually produce a cookery book for our youth with out local crops. The competition is open to any interested sponsor(s) as we look forward to restructuring and rebranding contest because we will still run the competition, because it is one that we loved the outcome.

NEF HIV/AIDS AVOCACY: New Era Foundation has been involved in the periodic organising of HIV/AIDS advocacy campaign in partnership with the Lagos State HIV/AIDS Control Agency (LSACA). It has successfully organised workshops and seminars for the following categories: Teachers and Students from public secondary schools, artists and artisans, wives of Local Government Areas/Local Council Development Areas’ Chairmen in Lagos State and wives of members of the Lagos State House of Assembly.

NEF Environmental Advocacy Projects: In a bid to educate the youth on the importance of the environment, NEF has proposed and introduced two significant programmes to the Lagos State Minstry of Environment. First was the 30 Hours Compulsory Community Service for students in Senior Secondary Schools. The “Green hands Club” in all secondary schools and finally the School Beautification Projects, which is still on-going in schools. We have also organised workshops in partnership with the Ministry of Environment on environmental issues, on which the resultant outcomes were published into a book titled, This Earth, Our Earth.

NEF Essay Writing: In order to probe into the minds of our youth, we compiled the thoughts of youth from age 6-17 years on their spirituality with a book titled Who is God? The response was amazing and the then Minister of State for Education, Hajia Binta Musa was our special guest of honour for the book launch.

The annual New Era National Wheel-Chair Tennis Championship is a programme that has become very popular. We concluded hosting the Third Edition on 21st February 2010. The Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN and the then Minister for Sports Engr Sanni Ndanusa and the Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly R. Hon Adeyemi Ikuforiji were all there to support the physically challenged and to give encouragement to the players.

NEYOCA: The New Era Youth Camp (NEYOCA) held its pioneer camp, 11-16 September 2011, with the theme, Are you the next Leader? The camp had 175 kids aged 7-17, accompanied by Teachers, Heads of Education departments (HODs) drawn from 21 LGAs/LCDAs in Lagos State. Students from public schools in the LGAs/LCDAs were given the privilege to pioneer the camp due to their robust relationship with the Foundation. the camp fees were heavily discounted to ensure large-scale participation. Camp curriculum included Mad Science, Maths Explorers, leadership & citizenship, ICT, Home science, Music and Dance classes, Bead Making and Treat Her Like a Lady.

The objectives of the camp were:

Educate the campers about their leadership potentials.
Enable them identify and develop their talents and abilities.
Equip them with new, exciting and practical skills.
Provide a conducive environment for bonding and making new friends.
The camp also had in attendance, 32 volunteers who gave their time and expertise in support of the Foundation’s service to humanity.

Other: We proposed and initiated other ideas to the Lagos State Ministry of Education. First was the Alternative High School for Girls in Ojo Local Government Council. This special school caters for girls who dropped out of school to give them a second chance in life. The school has produced her first graduate now admitted to Imo State University. The second was a workshop organised with the support of the Ford Foundation on dispute resolution in Nigeria. This also culminated in a publication titled, The Grassroots and Political Change in Nigeria.

Board of Trustees
Senator Oluremi Tinubu, OON, President Otunba Solomon Oladunni, Chief Kessington Adebutu, Chief Solomon Adebayo Ayoku, Chief Molade Okoya-Thomasm, OFR.

Read More on http://www.newerafoundation.org/?page_id=280
[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu by elmorphy: 6:32am On Mar 14, 2015
Senator Oluremi Tinubu - Lagos Central (Senatorial District)

Senator Oluremi Tinubu represents Lagos Central Senatorial District on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC). An educationist, administrator, philanthropist and Officer of the Order of the Niger, she was the exemplary First Lady of Lagos State between 1999 and 2007, during which period she founded the New Era Foundation; a non-profit organisation, dedicated to youth development, girl-child education, women empowerment and inspiring young persons to excellence.

Over the years, this forthright role model has made tremendous impact in the lives of several people and institutions within and outside Nigeria. Included here are:

* AnnualSpelling Bee competitionto raise educational standards, and; gave birth to the AnnualOne-Day Governorprogramme, which has produced many First Class university graduates.

* Alternative High School for Girlsto help young ladies who dropped out of school due to early pregnancy, to complete their high school education.

*Endowment Fundsin four universities;School Buildingconstructed at the Oluremi Tinubu Elementary and Junior High School, Johnsonville, Mount Serrador County, Liberia;Science Blockfor Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo; considerable donation towards the building of the National Sickle Cell Centre; donation of her entire 50thbirthday monetary gifts to social causes.

As Senator, she hosts a quarterlyTown Hall Meetingwith her constituents, to render accounts of her stewardship and obtain feed-backs on their developmental needs. To date, she has sponsored three bills: to provideSocial Security for Elderly Citizens; seek theAmendment of the Labour Act, to enhance employment opportunities for women, and;a Bill to provide Special Economic Assistance to Lagos State in view of its status as a former capital city and the commercial capital of Nigeria.

Her constituency development initiatives include:

Post-Secondary School Scholarship Scheme [PSSS]–Annual disbursement of N100, 000 to 26 beneficiaries for four years, and 624 students of tertiary institutions receive N10, 000 as book bursaries.
Grantsto help 650 beneficiaries within her constituency to re-capitalize their businesses.
Provision of maintenance grants to alleviate the plight of the elderly(Elderly Citizen Assistance Scheme).
Sponsorship ofYouth Empowerment and Skills Acquisition Scheme(YESAS) to enable more youth in her constituency to become economically productive and self-employed.
Helped secure N377m fundingfrom the Tertiary Education Trust Fund [TETFUND] for three institutions –Sir Michael Otedola College of Primary Education (N109m);Lagos State University (N108m), and Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education (N160m).
Through the Senate Committee on Education, she obtainedFederal support for the rehabilitationof Jibowu Junior High School, Yaba [N21 million], Banjo Primary School, Otumara-Ilogbo, Ebute-Metta [N20 million] as well as N15 million each for Holy Trinity Primary School, Ebute-Ero, Ansar Ud-Deen Primary School, Oke-Popo and Ire-Akari Primary School, Orile-Iganmu.
Convener of the annualMusical Youth Fiesta Initiativeto promote Godly lifestyle among the youths, Senator Oluremi Tinubu also co-sponsors theMuniru Muse Under-15 football competition for boys and girls.

She has written a number of publications [including an auto-biography, The Journey of Grace -- My Faith Walk and delivered informed presentations at various fora at home and abroad.

In recognition of her achievements and contributions to societal upliftment, Senator Oluremi Tinubu has been honoured severally locally and internationally. Among these are the National award of theOfficer of the Order of the Niger[OON];Fellowshipof both Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo and College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti;Member, Board of Trusteesof Kings’ University, Ode-Omu; Ghana Noble International Award for Leadership (2004); Gambian Diamond Award for Immense Contribution to the Emancipation of People from Poverty (2005); many citations and chieftaincy titles. In appreciation of her contributions as a role model, the AFAO/WAWA (Association Des Femmes De L’Afrique De L’Ouest/West African Women Association) named the Oluremi Tinubu Women Training Centre in Gorom, Senegal after her.

She is happily married with children to His Excellency, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, immediate past Governor of Lagos State.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu by Orikinla(m): 8:36pm On Mar 14, 2015
elmorphy:
Senator Oluremi Tinubu - Lagos Central (Senatorial District)

Senator Oluremi Tinubu represents Lagos Central Senatorial District on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC). An educationist, administrator, philanthropist and Officer of the Order of the Niger, she was the exemplary First Lady of Lagos State between 1999 and 2007, during which period she founded the New Era Foundation; a non-profit organisation, dedicated to youth development, girl-child education, women empowerment and inspiring young persons to excellence.

Over the years, this forthright role model has made tremendous impact in the lives of several people and institutions within and outside Nigeria. Included here are:

* AnnualSpelling Bee competitionto raise educational standards, and; gave birth to the AnnualOne-Day Governorprogramme, which has produced many First Class university graduates.

* Alternative High School for Girlsto help young ladies who dropped out of school due to early pregnancy, to complete their high school education.

*Endowment Fundsin four universities;School Buildingconstructed at the Oluremi Tinubu Elementary and Junior High School, Johnsonville, Mount Serrador County, Liberia;Science Blockfor Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo; considerable donation towards the building of the National Sickle Cell Centre; donation of her entire 50thbirthday monetary gifts to social causes.

As Senator, she hosts a quarterlyTown Hall Meetingwith her constituents, to render accounts of her stewardship and obtain feed-backs on their developmental needs. To date, she has sponsored three bills: to provideSocial Security for Elderly Citizens; seek theAmendment of the Labour Act, to enhance employment opportunities for women, and;a Bill to provide Special Economic Assistance to Lagos State in view of its status as a former capital city and the commercial capital of Nigeria.

Her constituency development initiatives include:

Post-Secondary School Scholarship Scheme [PSSS]–Annual disbursement of N100, 000 to 26 beneficiaries for four years, and 624 students of tertiary institutions receive N10, 000 as book bursaries.
Grantsto help 650 beneficiaries within her constituency to re-capitalize their businesses.
Provision of maintenance grants to alleviate the plight of the elderly(Elderly Citizen Assistance Scheme).
Sponsorship ofYouth Empowerment and Skills Acquisition Scheme(YESAS) to enable more youth in her constituency to become economically productive and self-employed.
Helped secure N377m fundingfrom the Tertiary Education Trust Fund [TETFUND] for three institutions –Sir Michael Otedola College of Primary Education (N109m);Lagos State University (N108m), and Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education (N160m).
Through the Senate Committee on Education, she obtainedFederal support for the rehabilitationof Jibowu Junior High School, Yaba [N21 million], Banjo Primary School, Otumara-Ilogbo, Ebute-Metta [N20 million] as well as N15 million each for Holy Trinity Primary School, Ebute-Ero, Ansar Ud-Deen Primary School, Oke-Popo and Ire-Akari Primary School, Orile-Iganmu.
Convener of the annualMusical Youth Fiesta Initiativeto promote Godly lifestyle among the youths, Senator Oluremi Tinubu also co-sponsors theMuniru Muse Under-15 football competition for boys and girls.

She has written a number of publications [including an auto-biography, The Journey of Grace -- My Faith Walk and delivered informed presentations at various fora at home and abroad.

In recognition of her achievements and contributions to societal upliftment, Senator Oluremi Tinubu has been honoured severally locally and internationally. Among these are the National award of theOfficer of the Order of the Niger[OON];Fellowshipof both Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo and College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti;Member, Board of Trusteesof Kings’ University, Ode-Omu; Ghana Noble International Award for Leadership (2004); Gambian Diamond Award for Immense Contribution to the Emancipation of People from Poverty (2005); many citations and chieftaincy titles. In appreciation of her contributions as a role model, the AFAO/WAWA (Association Des Femmes De L’Afrique De L’Ouest/West African Women Association) named the Oluremi Tinubu Women Training Centre in Gorom, Senegal after her.

She is happily married with children to His Excellency, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, immediate past Governor of Lagos State.

And she does not brag about her achievements.
Re: The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2015
buriful!! kiss
Re: The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu by Orikinla(m): 9:31am On Mar 16, 2015
prettythicksme:
buriful!! kiss
And without hate speeches like the shippopotamus in Aso Villa.
Re: The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu by fairygeh(f): 10:00am On Mar 16, 2015
That woman and humility cannot be in the same sentence
Re: The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu by Orikinla(m): 5:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
fairygeh:
That woman and humility cannot be in the same sentence
Even the General Overseer of the RCCG has commended her humility.
Re: The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
Yes @orinkunla.such glowing achievements on a small scale. The question remains. Name one bill with her name on it. Bills are the most powerful tool of any democracy. It would have saved chibok girls. Many more children from death by treatable illnesses. At that level you need to discount the incompetence of the likes of patience ebele and co. Instead she has stooped lower than the brutish dame by doing absolutely nothing. You long epistles of reminds tinubu serves nothing.. like Janet Jackson.. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY
Re: The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu by tswitch: 7:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]
Thank for giving me the opportunity to address your ignorance and jaundiced views of Senator Oluremi Tinubu. grin
Senator Oluremi Tinubu has achieved more than First Lady, Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan.

“ Everyone has the power for greatness – not for fame, but greatness, because greatness is determined by service.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

It was just like yesterday when the journey began. Before my husband, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, was elected governor of Lagos State in 1999, he had been actively involved in the pro-democracy struggle that eventually led to the collapse of military dictatorship inNigeria. Of course, I was by his side during the struggle in a painful and prolonged exile that took its toll on our family. It was at this time that the seed of the idea for a foundation to inspire, encourage and build the youths, particularly the disadvantaged ones, started germinating in my mind.

I had observed that in the developed democracies of the West, no effort is spared both by government and voluntary civil society organizations to provide pillars of sustenance and support to the youths. This is understandable. The future of a nation depends on the quality of its youth. Those who are disadvantaged must be encouraged and given support and this I was determined to help actualize through a Foundation whenever I returned to Nigeria. My becoming First Lady of Lagos State offered just that opportunity and I immediately began to work at it within the psychological and moral support of my husband. That seed has blossomed handsomely today as the New Era Foundation (NEF).

To God be all the glory for the provision of reputable, resourceful and eminent members of both the Board of Trustees and Governing Council. They have all been the engine room of the Foundation and I thank them for all our achievements. I specially want to thank Sir Chief Dr. Alexander Molade Okoya Thomas who has always been there encouraging me. Also, Mrs. Patricia Otuedon-Arawore who started with me when the idea was conceived.

The idea and purpose were right and beneficial to society making the challenges we encountered to be bearable. I would never forget Mrs. Stella Okoli’s seed money on the New Era Youth Camp (NEYOCA) Project; it came when I was most discouraged to go on. Someone once said that you only know God is at work when you engage in something you know you can never accomplish by your own strength and resources.

This is our story in NEF, especially the NEYOCA Project. It is only someone who believes in miracles that can ever venture to build a 50-acre land debt-free. I believe it is possible, our intention has always been around the indigent youth with little or no opportunity but endowed with the gift of intelligence. Ours is a way to bring about positive change in our society, where a child who dares to go the extra mile through education is given the opportunity to reach for the stars.

For over 10 years, we have produced several one-day governors, seen more than one first class graduate, past winners of the Spelling Bee competitions graduating in various fields of endeavour, and few waiting to get into universities. We see a youth camp rising up from the forest. I feel so privileged and honoured to join the league of those who are proponents to build a better future for our children.

Senator Oluremi Tinubu OON
President, New Era Foundation

http://www.newerafoundation.org/

Financial Literacy Camps

A remarkable programme to inculcate into young people essential values on basic financial management and investment culture, using the Accelerated Learning technique.

The Programme would comprise of highly interactive and relatable classes, with relevant dramatised life applications, complete with role playing by participants.

Goal:
To teach kids the value of money and the necessity for a savings and investment culture from an early age, to enable them enjoy a happy and financially secure future; raising a generation of positive contributors to society.

Programmes
NEF has engaged in numerous activities that we believe has and will continue to enhance the wholesome growth and development of the youth.

We started with the Spelling Bee competition in Lagos State public schools, in both primary and secondary school categories. The first three winners in the secondary school are given cash prizes and also participate in an exchange programme to Finland(which has been our official host country) and the first position winner acts as a One Day Governor of Lagos State. A special edition of our Spelling Bee Kit, celebrating the 10th anniversary of Spelling Bee was launched at the 2010 State Spelling Bee Competition. It is our Spelling Bee Dictionary for both primary and secondary schools.

NEF Junior Chef contest was a cooking competition we partnered with Nestle Nig. Plc for two years. It was a very successful programme, the idea was to promote a healthy eating habit among the youth and eventually produce a cookery book for our youth with out local crops. The competition is open to any interested sponsor(s) as we look forward to restructuring and rebranding contest because we will still run the competition, because it is one that we loved the outcome.

NEF HIV/AIDS AVOCACY: New Era Foundation has been involved in the periodic organising of HIV/AIDS advocacy campaign in partnership with the Lagos State HIV/AIDS Control Agency (LSACA). It has successfully organised workshops and seminars for the following categories: Teachers and Students from public secondary schools, artists and artisans, wives of Local Government Areas/Local Council Development Areas’ Chairmen in Lagos State and wives of members of the Lagos State House of Assembly.

NEF Environmental Advocacy Projects: In a bid to educate the youth on the importance of the environment, NEF has proposed and introduced two significant programmes to the Lagos State Minstry of Environment. First was the 30 Hours Compulsory Community Service for students in Senior Secondary Schools. The “Green hands Club” in all secondary schools and finally the School Beautification Projects, which is still on-going in schools. We have also organised workshops in partnership with the Ministry of Environment on environmental issues, on which the resultant outcomes were published into a book titled, This Earth, Our Earth.

NEF Essay Writing: In order to probe into the minds of our youth, we compiled the thoughts of youth from age 6-17 years on their spirituality with a book titled Who is God? The response was amazing and the then Minister of State for Education, Hajia Binta Musa was our special guest of honour for the book launch.

The annual New Era National Wheel-Chair Tennis Championship is a programme that has become very popular. We concluded hosting the Third Edition on 21st February 2010. The Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN and the then Minister for Sports Engr Sanni Ndanusa and the Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly R. Hon Adeyemi Ikuforiji were all there to support the physically challenged and to give encouragement to the players.

NEYOCA: The New Era Youth Camp (NEYOCA) held its pioneer camp, 11-16 September 2011, with the theme, Are you the next Leader? The camp had 175 kids aged 7-17, accompanied by Teachers, Heads of Education departments (HODs) drawn from 21 LGAs/LCDAs in Lagos State. Students from public schools in the LGAs/LCDAs were given the privilege to pioneer the camp due to their robust relationship with the Foundation. the camp fees were heavily discounted to ensure large-scale participation. Camp curriculum included Mad Science, Maths Explorers, leadership & citizenship, ICT, Home science, Music and Dance classes, Bead Making and Treat Her Like a Lady.

The objectives of the camp were:

Educate the campers about their leadership potentials.
Enable them identify and develop their talents and abilities.
Equip them with new, exciting and practical skills.
Provide a conducive environment for bonding and making new friends.
The camp also had in attendance, 32 volunteers who gave their time and expertise in support of the Foundation’s service to humanity.

Other: We proposed and initiated other ideas to the Lagos State Ministry of Education. First was the Alternative High School for Girls in Ojo Local Government Council. This special school caters for girls who dropped out of school to give them a second chance in life. The school has produced her first graduate now admitted to Imo State University. The second was a workshop organised with the support of the Ford Foundation on dispute resolution in Nigeria. This also culminated in a publication titled, The Grassroots and Political Change in Nigeria.

Board of Trustees
Senator Oluremi Tinubu, OON, President Otunba Solomon Oladunni, Chief Kessington Adebutu, Chief Solomon Adebayo Ayoku, Chief Molade Okoya-Thomasm, OFR.

Read More on http://www.newerafoundation.org/?page_id=280
[/size]

1. Tinubu’s wife, Remi Tinubu, built the massive New
Era Foundation youth camp at the junction of
Eleko, off the Lekki-Epe express road, with
Lagos State funds and has now converted it to
personal use.
Source: http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/tinubus-massive-looting-of-lagos-uncovered/

2. Oluremi is the only senator to be investigated in the NA for gŕòss misconduct.........we both kñòw how that ship sailed.
http://www.informationng.com/2014/06/senate-orders-tinubu-probe-over-disparaging-comments-on-leadership.html

Yeah wè all watched her "humility" on display during Minister Obanikoro's screening at the ÑÁ.

All these image laundering will not help her fòŕ re-election bid.
What would help was if she had a proven track record in the NA..............no recommendations, no bills, absolutely nothing.
Try selling elsewhere,we aìnt buying.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of A Dog Breast Feeding A Goat / Tunde Ednut Reacts After A User Photoshopped His Image With Tacha / Davido Visits A Strip Club In Atlanta (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.