Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt (35958 Views)

See A Primary School Inside Nigerian Bush / Sands Being Packed From A School In Jos With A Tipper (Photos) / ALARM DEY’ … No Secondary School Inside AJEGUNLE By Jim Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by Freewoman(f): 8:53am On Mar 13, 2015
Wondering what OP meant to be container......This is just a cabin, that is to say mobile house, see nothing wrong with that, it can be use to temporary relocate people and offices if the permanent places were subjected to some kind of reconstruction.......Nigerians should be wise, this is not a new thing but the OP is backward in civilizations
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by Francon(f): 8:54am On Mar 13, 2015
TCF1980:

My dear young lady. Must we attach politics to everything? The school is undergoing reconstruction and instead of students staying at home, an alternative structure (portakabine) is being provided and you immediately turned propagandist! Why not ask people in PH for clarification?

[b]and you don't see anything wrong with Him when he criticizes Jonathan's administration for being too slow or carrying a project when his tenure is almost over right?[/b]
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by wunmi590(m): 8:57am On Mar 13, 2015
This is what we call mobile school grin
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by tundeotunba(m): 9:02am On Mar 13, 2015
Its well cushioned nd furnished, e make sense die! Better than those classes wit cracked walls wey fit fall untop pupils nd teacher anytime!
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by Onyiibazz: 9:03am On Mar 13, 2015
Not bad, pharmacy and economics dept in University of Nigeria, Nsukka were using such as at last year
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by slap1(m): 9:04am On Mar 13, 2015
Cheap, strong and durable! It's easier for the ENTIRE SCHOOL to go on excursion.
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by Diamondpen(m): 9:07am On Mar 13, 2015
I think Op is economical with truth, the school in question is very close to my house. Why did he refuse to show the block buildings of the school so that people can have clear view of the school. The school is a brainchild of communal effort. I promise to post the whole pictures of the school environment today once i get home.
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by centjamie(m): 9:10am On Mar 13, 2015
slimfit1:

There is nothing wrong with it. Its even better than brick buildings.

How is it better than brick building pls?
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by simdam500(m): 9:11am On Mar 13, 2015
Lol... not bad, no matter how bad, still better than some schools.
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by ChynoBEATS: 9:13am On Mar 13, 2015
diddydiva:
WTF School and not poultry? This is serious grin

@least it's. Better than those dilapidated structures in the east n over here in the southwest ...... Not to talk of the dead and sandy one's in the north
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by ganasy: 9:14am On Mar 13, 2015
As someone stated already, this type of construction should even be encouraged as almost if not the whole container can be recycled. using recycled steel can reduce construction cost and also the CO2 emission. for example, 6 scrapped cars when recycled, steel to build a reasonable house of about 20mx20m can be gotten. its a very sustainable way of building and should be encouraged.

1 Like

Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by Gweuc: 9:15am On Mar 13, 2015
It's not container, it's known as portacabin.
It's okay to be used because the interior is very convinent and comfortable. It's used for outdoor camping or office especially by construction companies.
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by mmsen: 9:18am On Mar 13, 2015
So long as these are temporary then it is fine.

This happens in a lot of countries when new buildings are going up - the children will have their classes in portakabins.

The only country where this does not seem to be the case is England (from what I've seen) where 'temporary' portakabins have been used for 40+ years at some schools.
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by ChynoBEATS: 9:20am On Mar 13, 2015
Diesel1:
Buhari will not see this kind school visit na d rich men son sch wey dem go dey call am president wey em no go smell na dat one he dey visit #mallam
no mind the E-diot ..... Dat stewpid fulani cow herder weh turn army general n politician overnight ...........

Sey E no fit go place this kyn structure for him almajari people? ... With all the money wey him get ......
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by clemz85(m): 9:26am On Mar 13, 2015
that is portakabin, construction companies, oil companies and even some private firm uses it, you don't know how much that structure cost,

only that they should equip it to be comfy
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by slimfit1(m): 9:27am On Mar 13, 2015
centjamie:

How is it better than brick building pls?

Maintenance wise
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by hantsi002(m): 9:39am On Mar 13, 2015
richol:
far better than north

Lies
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by decountof(m): 9:44am On Mar 13, 2015
Containers are in many ways an ideal building material because they are strong, durable, stackable, cuttable, movable, modular, plentiful and relatively cheap. Architects as well as laypeople have used them to build many types of buildings such as homes, offices, apartments, schools, dormitories, artists' studios and emergency shelters; we have even seen them being using as swimming pools.

The biggest shopping mall or organized market in Europe is made up of alleys formed by stacked containers, on 69 hectares (170 acres) of land, between the airport and the central part of Odessa, Ukraine. Informally named "Tolchok" and officially known as the Seventh-Kilometer Market it has 16,000 vendors and employs 1,200 security guards and maintenance workers.

Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by coollexy: 9:53am On Mar 13, 2015
lies lies lies lies
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by Etizz: 9:54am On Mar 13, 2015
If you ask me I will say it's a good structure.... Far better to what I saw in Kwara State where I serve.... At least there is window
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by akigbemaru: 10:01am On Mar 13, 2015
school inside continaers
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 13, 2015
agoadiv:
Portharcot Wen amaechi carried everything for education All i see there is CHANGE embarassed

Hit like if u want CHANGE
Hit share if u want TRANSFORMATION
sad sad angry
oops! the 'shares' have it
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by M4gunners: 10:06am On Mar 13, 2015
prelomo:
I BASED IN PORT HARCOURT PARTICULARLLY RUPOKWU; THIS SCHOOP IS UNDERGOING RE-CONSTRUCTION HENCE PART OF THE CLASSES WERE MOVED INTO THAT CONTAINERS.LETS STOP PROPAGANDA.
Show us picture of the School being renovate or pack well.
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 13, 2015
Its True..the school is close To my House..the thing is that the school was just recently organized (built) before the rebuilds of schools Around PH..the school at market junction is world class.. APC is Working grin

1 Like

Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by sonofspada(m): 10:09am On Mar 13, 2015
undecided
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by queensmith: 10:15am On Mar 13, 2015
If Amaechi catches these people ehn lol..

I'm surprised the school hasn't shut down. There are better schools in PH now??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGCt13PHJds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcbD1wlbRkA

coming from this:

http://www.hrw.org/reports/2007/nigeria0107/6.htm

Governor Amaechi is a don
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 13, 2015
richol:
far better than north
angry
richol:
far better than north
angry
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by agoadiv(m): 10:26am On Mar 13, 2015
Kul down na ,nyt never fall grin
olrotimi:

oops! the 'shares' have it
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by marv1: 10:27am On Mar 13, 2015
Its a mobile school.
Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by Olodonairaland(m): 10:29am On Mar 13, 2015
Dis two

Re: A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt by centjamie(m): 10:31am On Mar 13, 2015
slimfit1:

Maintenance wise

Oh! I see....brick is more sophisticated expensive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Professor Grace Alele-Williams Dies At 89 / Pictures You Can Relate To If You Attended Government Schools In The 90s. / Friends Mourn UNEC Student Who Died A Painful Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.