Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

FG Hires European Mercenaries To Fight B’haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Hires European Mercenaries To Fight B’haram (2010 Views)

FG Hires Charles Adeogun-Philips To Try Supreme Court Chiefs / FG Hires And Trains 80 Lawyers To Try High Profile Criminal Cases / South-West Sends Mercenaries To Other Parts Of Nigeria To Fight – Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Hires European Mercenaries To Fight B’haram by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 13, 2015
Boss13:

http://dailytimes.com.ng/boko-haram-mercenaries-killed-in-error/

You happy now?

Read my above post to Nigerdeltaboi.

It's just above you.
Re: FG Hires European Mercenaries To Fight B’haram by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 13, 2015
TheOtherview:

When a government abnegates the trust invested in it, to outsource the security of its citizens to foreign mercenaries, it is no longer fit for purpose. You may not see this but others do.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/13/world/africa/nigerias-fight-against-boko-haram-gets-help-from-south-african-mercenaries.html?_r=0

This is an earlier post I made to a bunch of south-africans.

A senior Western diplomat confirmed
that the South Africans were playing
“a major operational role,”
particularly at night. Equipped with
night vision goggles, the mercenaries
“are whacking them in the evening
hours. The next morning the Nigerian
Army rolls in and claims success,” the
diplomat said"

Reading this, I choked on my drink while laughing.

Westerners always afraid of a Nigerian success, have this time invented a story to peddle.

A source = dud,
Claims = dud

No evidence, no proof, no nothing..... and you mentally backward slaves expect us (Nigerians) to take that report seriously as a fact just because he's an oyinbo. you south-Africans are mentally imprisoned.

Here's what the President said,

"He also said that foreign technicians are present in the northeast to teach Nigerian troops on how to use their new weapons, since there wasn’t time to train the troops before they deployed.

“So we now have this technical people who are trainers and technicians, who are to train our people on how to use them, and
technicians that help the maintenance, at the same time training our people how to maintain this equipment,” Jonathan said.He said two unnamed companies were involved in the training".

This 6 weeks insurgency offensive is a total Nigerian victory, we routed insurgents in Baga in only "3 hours".

The Foreign media dismissed the Nigerian military too soon, now that our soldiers are on fire, the western media are too egoistic to recant. You know, i'm shocked the so called diplomat didn't find a way to put chad in the mix.

Watch this COIN video, at the end of the video, the Nigerian military showed footage of night operations. We can all see Nigerian troops coming off a Nigerian MI-8 hip Helicopter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYQWmwW9T4U&sns=em

Nobody can spin doctor this successful COIN from the gallant and able best land forces in Africa.

Unlike the oyinbo man, I presented proof.

#Victory Nigeria.
Re: FG Hires European Mercenaries To Fight B’haram by Boss13: 11:36am On Mar 13, 2015
Henry120:

Read my above post to Nigerdeltaboi.

It's just above you.

I have no problems with contracting mercenaries but the denial from the military and the government. Our government has never been sincere and bold enough to tell the truth. It is a shame. If the issue is - we contracted mercenaries because we require their skill sets. Fine and good. Everything must be placed on the table to curb and eradicate the insurgents.

In the past, People have boldly said in public that at night military helicopters drop food items amid other resources to Boko Haram. The government and the military both denied.

Yes government must lie at some point to avoid chaos but not lie all the time. President Jonathan's government is a perpetual lying government.
Re: FG Hires European Mercenaries To Fight B’haram by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
Boss13:

I have no problems with contracting mercenaries but the denial from the military and the government. Our government has never been sincere and bold enough to tell the truth. It is a shame. If the issue is - we contracted mercenaries because we require their skill sets. Fine and good.

People have boldly said in public that at night military helicopters drop food items amid other resources to Boko Haram. The government and the military both denied.

Yes government must lie at some point to avoid chaos but not lie all the time. President Jonathan's government is a perpetual lying government.

Government did not deny contracting mercenaries. infact, in their promotional video they showed a mercenary training Nigerian troops.

On the South-Africans, they government have not come out to deny or confirm hiring south-africans. However the government has said they hired 2 companies to provide training and maintenance services to our troops.

Again, we have always hired private security contractors, from the civil war period to today, nothing new.

However, let us push aside politics. We are Nigerians. Jonathan, buhari would one day leave, but Nigeria would remain.

The international media dismissed Nigeria to soon, so now it is difficult for them to go back to their own feaces, and impossible for an egostic person to apologise, so they have gone on overdrive with invented stories.

Here are the facts: boko-haram controlled 14 local government's in yobe, Borno and Adamawa, including smaller villages in Gombe before the start of this offensive.

Today, boko-haram militants are only holding Gwoza and banki. Operations are currently ongoing in Gwoza, I don't yet know about banki.

During this offensive, Nigeria has carried out what can be considered as a military miracle.

Everybody, especially the west now want a piece of this action. So they invented and have continued to push completely false narratives. Respect to the chadians, they've done well, but in the bigger picture and despite the media bravado, they've only achieved a tiny percentage.

The chadians have only secured 3 towns, gambarou ngala, dikwa and malamfotori. Of these 3 towns on the border with Niger and cameroun, it is only Dikwa, the chadians operated alone.

Gambarou and malamfotori was secured by a Nigerian and chadian task force.

Nigerian troops on the other hand have secured completely over 36 major towns, and many more villages. However, the media in the west have continued to paint a picture of the helpless Nigerians are been bailed out by chadians. This is an utter, shameful lie.

The chadians bombed mistakenly a funeral in Diffa, Niger republic, yet these westerners claimed with authority it was Nigerians.

Now, they moved on to spurious mercenary stories, and flying our Aircrafts. Aircrafts Nigerian pilots have clocked over 5,000 missions on.

Fact is There is a calculated smear campaign targeted against the Nigerian people and our military. It is our patriotic duty to stand up and protect our military. These operations are 90% Nigerian led and executed, and nobody would take this from us.
Re: FG Hires European Mercenaries To Fight B’haram by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 13, 2015
Henry120:

Government did not deny contracting mercenaries. infact, in their promotional video they showed a mercenary training Nigerian troops.

On the South-Africans, they government have not come out to deny or confirm hiring south-africans. However the government has said they hired 2 companies to provide training and maintenance services to our troops.

Again, we have always hired private security contractors, from the civil war period to today, nothing new.

However, let us push aside politics. We are Nigerians. Jonathan, buhari would one day leave, but Nigeria would remain.

The international media dismissed Nigeria to soon, so now it is difficult for them to go back to their own feaces, and impossible for an egostic person to apologise, so they have gone on overdrive with invented stories.

Here are the facts: boko-haram controlled 14 local government's in yobe, Borno and Adamawa, including smaller villages in Gombe before the start of this offensive.

Today, boko-haram militants are only holding Gwoza and banki. Operations are currently ongoing in Gwoza, I don't yet know about banki.

During this offensive, Nigeria has carried out what can be considered as a military miracle.

Everybody, especially the west now want a piece of this action. So they invented and have continued to push completely false narratives. Respect to the chadians, they've done well, but in the bigger picture and despite the media bravado, they've only achieved a tiny percentage.

The chadians have only secured 3 towns, gambarou ngala, dikwa and malamfotori. Of these 3 towns on the border with Niger and cameroun, it is only Dikwa, the chadians operated alone.

Gambarou and malamfotori was secured by a Nigerian and chadian task force.

Nigerian troops on the other hand have secured completely over 36 major towns, and many more villages. However, the media in the west have continued to paint a picture of the helpless Nigerians are been bailed out by chadians. This is an utter, shameful lie.

The chadians bombed mistakenly a funeral in Diffa, Niger republic, yet these westerners claimed with authority it was Nigerians.

Now, they moved on to spurious mercenary stories, and flying our Aircrafts. Aircrafts Nigerian pilots have clocked over 5,000 missions on.

Fact is There is a calculated smear campaign targeted against the Nigerian people and our military. It is our patriotic duty to stand up and protect our military. These operations are 90% Nigerian led and executed, and nobody would take this from us.

mr Henry120 i get annoyed when you reply "STUPID" messages....you dont need to clear anything...leave them to their day dreaming...no force in africa i repeat no force in africa can defeat BH within six weeks...only the nigerian army..rmbr our slogan VICTORY IS FROM GOD ALONE..we dont look up to colonial masters we look up to God...i blame the military pr for not releasing videos..thats why even SA folks will come here and start bragging..rmbr congo when they killed six SA soldiers guess they ran and said they are no more fighting.....

they think its only weapons that can defeat enemies... SA are angry because of one thing in everything of this world we are bigger than them grin

many people are looking for the downfall of nigeria...they just want to disgrace our military but God big pass them...

chad has withdrawn from nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG Hires European Mercenaries To Fight B’haram by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
Henry120:

Nothing exposed any weakness. Mercenaries aren't new in modern conflicts.

The united states department of defence, state department and the U.K ministry of justice depend heavily on mecenaries. Xe, nepalese ghukas, blackwater, ascan group are some of the many mercenaries used by both the Americans and british.

We in Nigeria have are also no strangers to private security companies. The role of mercenaries in this current conflict is to advice and provide training/maintenance on some of the new equipments purchased.

Our pilots have clocked over 3,500 operational missions in the last 6 months. On the Alpha jet since 1990, Nigerian pilots have clocked over 5,000 combat missions on that platform and have bled/died in these missions . Nigerian pilots changed the overall operational spectrum on that single bird.

So, the claim that foreigners are flying our planes is utterly baseless, and treasonable.

Let those people making these claims provide evidence, not some "an oyinbo diplomat said this or that."
gbam i totally agree with you

(1) (2) (Reply)

El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances / Protest Over Ogogoro Ban By Bayelsans / I Want Amadioha Or Shango As Chief Judge To Be Swearing-in New Govt In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.